[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

8/16/2014  10:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/17/2014  12:50 PM
F500ONE wrote:

Acy is official for the whole season

That means he's also official for next season; it also means that we have a little over $1M less to spend on free agents next Summer.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/16/2014  11:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/16/2014  11:04 PM
VCoug wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

That means he's also official for next season; it also means that we have a little over $1M less to spend on free agents next Summer.

---2014-2015 2015-2016

Acy $915,243 $1,181,348

I think when he says next season it means this coming season.

If Acy turns out to be good, we have some time in June-July to pick up his TO salary next year

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/17/2014  12:15 AM
F500ONE wrote:
VCoug wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

---2014-2015 2015-2016

Acy $915,243 $1,181,348

If Acy turns out to be good, we have some time in June-July to pick up his TO salary next year

I think you are right. Acy's deal becomes guaranteed for 2014. His deal and Tyler's were very similar. The key to the Acy deal was Ellington's deal could be amnestied. Outlaws could not.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/17/2014  1:11 AM
On hoopshype and shamsports they have Acy with a team option on 2015/2016 contract
VCoug

8/17/2014  12:50 PM
F500ONE wrote:
VCoug wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

---2014-2015 2015-2016

Acy $915,243 $1,181,348

Whoops

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug

8/17/2014  12:52 PM
Marion signing with Cleveland.

yellowboy90

8/17/2014  12:59 PM
VCoug wrote:Marion signing with Cleveland.

This could be a great pick up. He will play the Battier role and come off the bench to play with either Love or James. I know people will point to his defense but I think that has been slipping the few years. Bottom line is he should be a good backup 3/4 unless his age catches up to him.

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/17/2014  2:19 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
VCoug wrote:Marion signing with Cleveland.

This could be a great pick up. He will play the Battier role and come off the bench to play with either Love or James. I know people will point to his defense but I think that has been slipping the few years. Bottom line is he should be a good backup 3/4 unless his age catches up to him.

I thought that, but I read on some forums that the Mavs actually did worse with him on the floor, and that he actually has had a negative impact the past couple of seasons. No idea if it's true, but I do think he's going to age dramatically next season (defense is slipping and so is his shooting)

CrushAlot
USA
8/18/2014  11:43 AM
Anthony Randolph signed a contract to play in Russia.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/18/2014  1:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Anthony Randolph signed a contract to play in Russia.

Will they let him play PG?

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/18/2014  2:34 PM

I do believe at the time I said the David Lee for Anthony Randolph trade was a "trade that saved our franchise"!

Nalod
USA
8/18/2014  5:42 PM
AR still not over the Diss!!
CrushAlot
USA
8/19/2014  12:54 AM
smackeddog wrote:

I do believe at the time I said the David Lee for Anthony Randolph trade was a "trade that saved our franchise"!

Fun quote for some of the non ball watcher posters.
For every time someone threw his per 36 minute points or rebounds averages at you, it was pretty simple to counter with his ghastly turnover numbers or usage. For instance, Randolph posted an above average PER in every season he played except his last season, which is the sole reason I know longer trust the stat. Hey, you try watching Randolph for a season and a half and try trusting something that tells you he’s good. In fact, if Anthony Randolph taught me any one thing in his five years in the NBA it’s that you need to watch the games and the numbers. So, thanks. I guess.
F500ONE

8/22/2014  1:56 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves will trade Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and the first round pick in 2015 belonging to the Miami Heat to the Philadelphia 76ers for Thaddeus Young.

Mbah a Moute's value to the 76ers, at least in part, comes from his close relationship with Joel Embiid.

There had been speculation that Anthony Bennett would be traded to the 76ers, but he will stay with the Wolves following his trade from the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Thad provided great value for Philly

I knew he had value

I can't think of anyone on our roster outside of Melo

Who fetches this value right now if on the block

Hopefully Phil can execute a trade like this down the road

Philly dips even lower in minimum payroll

Maybe they are serious about taking Amar'e eventually

CrushAlot
USA
8/22/2014  10:51 AM
“@AlexKennedyNBA: Josh Selby tweets that he is signing with Bnei Herzliya in Israel. His last NBA stint was with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2012-13.”

Also, Garcia resigns for 1 year in Houston.
yellowboy90

8/22/2014  12:52 PM
F500ONE wrote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves will trade Luc Mbah a Moute, Alexey Shved and the first round pick in 2015 belonging to the Miami Heat to the Philadelphia 76ers for Thaddeus Young.

Mbah a Moute's value to the 76ers, at least in part, comes from his close relationship with Joel Embiid.

There had been speculation that Anthony Bennett would be traded to the 76ers, but he will stay with the Wolves following his trade from the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I knew he had value

This proves that it only takes one team to believe in you. Thad is an overrated player, imo. The trade makes little sense unless thad has guaranteed that he will opt in. That is technically not allowed though. So the wolves are giving up a 1st to rent a player that is a poor scorer and rebounder coming off a terrible year going to another young team in a better conference where there are more power forwards than stretch 4s.

It's a real gamble especially when you are trying to resuscitate Bennett who is also a 4.

F500ONE

8/22/2014  6:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/22/2014  6:29 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I knew he had value

This proves that it only takes one team to believe in you. Thad is an overrated player, imo. The trade makes little sense unless thad has guaranteed that he will opt in. That is technically not allowed though. So the wolves are giving up a 1st to rent a player that is a poor scorer and rebounder coming off a terrible year going to another young team in a better conference where there are more power forwards than stretch 4s.

It's a real gamble especially when you are trying to resuscitate Bennett who is also a 4.

Well maybe I could be speaking too heavy handed post history

We should know about the 1 team faith movement

Bargnani I guess proved he had similar value

It's unfortunate we overrated him

Everything else you said, I agree with his fit on their team out there

Although he'd be wonderful here

And had we traded a similar package like we did with Bargs for him

It would be supported, especially if Phil was the one made the trade

yellowboy90

8/22/2014  6:47 PM
F500ONE wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I knew he had value

Well maybe I could be speaking too heavy handed post history

We should know about the 1 team faith movement

Bargnani I guess proved he had similar value

It's unfortunate we overrated him

Everything else you said, I agree with his fit on their team out there

Although he'd be wonderful here

And had we traded a similar package like we did with Bargs for him

It would be supported, especially if Phil was the one made the trade

I kind of agree but then it would've been for 2yrs plus a PO in the 3rd year. If that trade would have been made this year for those assets we had people would would have been on both sides of the fence. He probably is better on a team that doesn't expect him to score. His venture as a 3pt shooter has been sketchy and turns him into a cheaper Josh Smith. If Minny lets him stay inside the arch things will probably go well for him.

Would I take him over Bargs? Yes and if anyone say they wouldn't needs stop it. I think even Nix wouldn't argue about that.

Nalod
USA
8/23/2014  1:13 PM
Young on a better team is better.

Young might resign a more team friendly deal if he opts out.

Minny won't suck forever. Basically they got two over all no. 1's and if Bennett lives up to 3/4 of his draft position they could be solid at the PF.

ONe does his homework and looks at why he busted his rookie year. if he pans out, and wiggins becomes Kobe, they make out like bandits. NOt that cleveland would be the "Loser" either if Wes and Uncle Drew works well with Lebron.

F500ONE

8/23/2014  7:46 PM
Kobe Bryant signed a two-year, $48.5 million contract extension last season, three weeks before he suffered a fractured left kneecap.

The contract, which the Los Angeles Lakers and Bryant signed by design to recognize Bryant's value, makes Bryant nearly impossible to trade even if the frachise tried.

“Zero. Look at that number. Who takes him?" one NBA GM said when asked about Bryant's value on the market.

Bryant’s plan is to retire in two years, though he says he reserves the right to change his mind.

I wonder who the ghost GM is

The Lakers would never trade him

However the Kobe Max, there is nothing attractive about it

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy