[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/15/2014  10:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:On a side note, the Knicks are again being praised by the media for the Smith signing.

Layden or Isiah would've given him a 5 yr full MLE deal. This guy is better than Jerome James. At a 1 yr deal its a nice signing.

AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/15/2014  10:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:On a side note, the Knicks are again being praised by the media for the Smith signing.

The Phil Jackson Era as brought an alien aspect for us abused Knicks fans: positivity.

Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2014  11:30 PM
“@SpearsNBAYahoo: Free agent forward Rashard Lewis has agreed to a one-year deal with the Mavericks, his agent Colin Bryant told Yahoo Sports.”
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/16/2014  1:35 AM
mreinman wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Probably because it is only a one year deal.

Probably right but it would have been nice to squeeze in another player at a bargain.

Yeah, because everyone wants to play for 1.65m. What's the veteran's minimum, again?

Is it necessary to complain about everything this team does, even when they do good things?

There are those who complain about everything and then there are those who DEFEND everything. Better to complain about everything if you are gonna be an extremist.

Say whaaaaaaaaat???? That makes no sense at all. Maybe in NY.

Its better to be or try to be objective. Complaining about everything because defending everything is weak is just as weak.

lemme rephrase. Its best to be objective and open minded. If you feel that you cant be objective and open minded, it is best that you question every move instead of circumcising them.

Its easier to fail then succeed so questioning every move is the easy safe route. But doesn't give the same satisfaction when you believe and it come to fruition.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/16/2014  1:38 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Probably because it is only a one year deal.

Probably right but it would have been nice to squeeze in another player at a bargain.

Yeah, because everyone wants to play for 1.65m. What's the veteran's minimum, again?

Is it necessary to complain about everything this team does, even when they do good things?

There are those who complain about everything and then there are those who DEFEND everything. Better to complain about everything if you are gonna be an extremist.

Say whaaaaaaaaat???? That makes no sense at all. Maybe in NY.

Its better to be or try to be objective. Complaining about everything because defending everything is weak is just as weak.

lemme rephrase. Its best to be objective and open minded. If you feel that you cant be objective and open minded, it is best that you question every move instead of circumcising them.

Its easier to fail then succeed so questioning every move is the easy safe route. But doesn't give the same satisfaction when you believe and it come to fruition.

Bravo!

Knicks_Fan
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/16/2014  3:49 AM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

The sh@t is going to hit the fan now.

And it should. Dirk is an exception but it would be nice if more players did this. Think about how much more he will now be appreciated by the fans.

I am getting that nauseous feeling again ... ugh

All I can say is that Melo better perform. It really is all on his SHOULDERS

I don't think more players should do this. I've been in a job where we all agreed to take a pay cut so that fewer people would lose their jobs. Now on one level, as much as we needed the money (and it was a big pay cut), we were willing to take it to help each other out. But then on the other hand there is an element of being exploited and employers then taking advantage of it.

Owners created this CBA. Now not only do players have their true wages suppressed (Lebron adds $400mil to the Cavs value but only gets paid a fraction of that), they are then supposed to take less than that too. Owners should raise the cap if they are struggling to build contenders.

smackeddog
7/16/2014  3:58 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
“@SpearsNBAYahoo: Free agent forward Rashard Lewis has agreed to a one-year deal with the Mavericks, his agent Colin Bryant told Yahoo Sports.”

I'd forgotten all about him! Had a surprising few good games in the playoffs- Mavs need to restock their three point shooting after trading it all to us!

CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2014  5:58 AM
Broussard reporting that Stephenson accepted a 3 yr deal with Charlotte for 27 mil.
CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2014  6:13 AM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick · 7m
Lance Stephenson will sign a 3-year, $27 million deal with Charlotte, I can confirm. Third year team option. @rick_bonnell first.

VCoug
Member: #1406

7/16/2014  6:22 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
VDesai wrote:We still have a trade exception at a slightly larger salary slot.

Omri Casspi is ok. We could maybe use another true SF assuming Thanassis is going to the Europe or the D-League. Id take him for the veteran min.

Also, Berman said the Knicks still have their bi-annual 2.2 mil exception.

Berman can say that all he wants but it's not true. Teams need to be under the luxury tax to use the BAE and we're not.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/16/2014  6:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick · 7m
Lance Stephenson will sign a 3-year, $27 million deal with Charlotte, I can confirm. Third year team option. @rick_bonnell first.

Damn thats a great deal for the Hornets. Under 30mil and a TO after 2.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2014  8:34 AM
Lance gets closer to the annual amount he wanted but has to prove himself. CBA is working to flatten the playing field. Charlotte is a playoff team if Jefferseon stays healthy. Not a contender, but a team on the move.

Lance found his boneheadedness could impede his talent. Look for the "michael jordan" effect but fact is they have a good head coach and if can keep the locker room he has the talent.

Good to see money flowing to the lower and middle where for the first years of the CBA it got top heavy.

Star players taking cuts? I read Dirk got max offers from Houston and Lakers. I suppose when the cupboard is full with a lifetime of money SOME players value staying in one place than move. Dirk got his ring and his money. Duncan was given a choice of money or contending. Simple economics, if he takes a cut he will have more support and able to not rush back from injury.

Lance is only 23 years old and if he continues to mature he'll have a much better pay day down the road.

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
7/16/2014  9:40 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Broussard reporting that Stephenson accepted a 3 yr deal with Charlotte for 27 mil.

Indiana just got weaker. The east is up for grabs

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/16/2014  9:54 AM
Lance signed a contract structured the way I suggested. I need to be a GM.
smackeddog
7/16/2014  10:20 AM
knickslions wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Broussard reporting that Stephenson accepted a 3 yr deal with Charlotte for 27 mil.

Indiana just got weaker.

But Hornets got tougher- the east should be exciting this year!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2014  10:28 AM
knickslions wrote:

Indiana just got weaker. The east is up for grabs

Maybe they OK with that? Live by the Lance and Die by the lance. Two years ECF's and Beat by the Heat. Sometimes the smart teams don't over spend and find opportunity in other places.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/16/2014  11:13 AM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

The sh@t is going to hit the fan now.

And it should. Dirk is an exception but it would be nice if more players did this. Think about how much more he will now be appreciated by the fans.

I am getting that nauseous feeling again ... ugh

All I can say is that Melo better perform. It really is all on his SHOULDERS

I don't think more players should do this. I've been in a job where we all agreed to take a pay cut so that fewer people would lose their jobs. Now on one level, as much as we needed the money (and it was a big pay cut), we were willing to take it to help each other out. But then on the other hand there is an element of being exploited and employers then taking advantage of it.

Owners created this CBA. Now not only do players have their true wages suppressed (Lebron adds $400mil to the Cavs value but only gets paid a fraction of that), they are then supposed to take less than that too. Owners should raise the cap if they are struggling to build contenders.

So your philosophy is more money for me, damn the consequences?

I don't really equate Anthony taking less to help his team with a union making concessions because their company has the power to move overseas where people are working for slave wages.

NBA players are not part of the 99%. It's not the 1950 or 1960s anymore. An average player in the NBA is a millionaire, and that is not even considering the endorsements they can make if they are successful. You are not talking about the difference between a middle class husband with 2 kids earning $70,000 or $50,000. Hell, someone like that has to save up to even bring his family to a game in one of the big 3 sports.

$2M seems a lot to us, more than I ever made in my life, but there are diminishing returns at some point. Can't see Anthony's quality of life diminishing if he had taken about $2M less/year. Guys like Dirk or Duncan could extort more from a team if they wanted to, but they are wise enough to know that at the amounts they are getting, they really don't need any more to be happy.

I have no love for the owners, who are probably able to hide profits with the help of their highly compensated accountants. When they overpay a player, they have only themselves to blame, but each team has its own needs, and that jacks up salaries. A player who they feel completes their team has more value to them than a team that can absorb the guy's loss.

Giving Anthony, or any player, the kind of salary he got for 5 years with a no-trade clause and an ETO, tells you that they players- especially the "star" are the real people running the show, and in some ways it puts them in bed with the evil owners.

The final lines from a great book- Animal Farm- Animals, led by the pigs, revolted against their owners, but are now allied with them:

An uproar of voices was coming from the farmhouse. They rushed back and looked through the window again. Yes, a violent quarrel was in progress. There were shoutings, bangings on the table, sharp suspicious glances, furious denials. The source of the trouble appeared to be that Napoleon (pig) and Mr. Pilkington (a person) had each played an ace of spades simultaneously.

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2014  11:21 AM
“@ESPNSteinLine: One more note about Milwaukee: Hearing there's strong sentiment within the organization to keep hold of Ersan Ilyasova. Not trade him”
smackeddog
7/16/2014  11:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
“@ESPNSteinLine: One more note about Milwaukee: Hearing there's strong sentiment within the organization to keep hold of Ersan Ilyasova. Not trade him”

Wait a minute- the tweet from a random, unreliable source that ha a history of making stuff up was wrong?! My faith in the internet has been shaken...

CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2014  12:53 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3h
RT @JasonLloydABJ: #Cavs have signed James Jones to one-year deal for league minimum, source tells the Beacon Journal

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy