[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Andre Barret
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/23/2004  2:28 PM
Can someone tell me about this guy? I saw him on the homepage to this site and I just want to know if he is worth drafting. We already have 3 pgs, including Marbury, who should be getting ATLEAST 40-42 mpg, plus Penny who can play the 1.
My only thought was maybe IT is planning on drafting him and trading Frank, but can he really be worth it if he falls to the 43rd pick in what I hear to be a pretty weak draft?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/23/2004  2:35 PM
Here's some info about him and other players Isiah's been working out. http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/21457.htm
I think when Isiah requested that Marbury and Sweetney come with him to watch the Pistons vs Nets series, it was clear that Frank was not an important part of the organization's long-term plans.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/23/2004  3:44 PM
cool...

Lenny seems to be hiding out at his home in Seattle. I never liked the idea of Isiah coaching this team but right now I would love it if Lenny chose to retire because the game has really passed him by. Then hopefully Aguirre or even Isiah can coach or they can bring in a big name. I think Isiah shadow is too much for Lenny. Aguirre would be good because he would truly be an Isiah guy. Now George Karl would be awesome!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/23/2004  3:50 PM
Ive seen him play for 4 years. He is what I would call a very good college player who *likely* is not NBA caliber. He doesnt have the explosion or extreme quickness you want to see out of a very small G to compensate for the size--i would say this guy is something like 5-9 155 or so. He is a pure 1 who has good skill and a decent shot--perhaps a good comparison would be tyron lue, but I dont believe he will be drafted. He is likely a guy that a team can sign after the draft to get a good look at during the offseason. He had tremendous difficulty guarding Ben Gordon[he couldnt] and on the other end when confronted with bigger powerful players, he doesnt make up for his lack of strength and size. I see the Knicks going after a powerful athlete like an andre emmitt or tony allen, IF they keep this pick and they're there. Lionel Chambers from Xavier is a quicker PG with a better shot than Barrett with a little more size. I dont see us taking another PG--I hope not. Id rather take a project 7+ guy.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/23/2004  3:57 PM
Frank W time is now. He has to show his bonafides right from the get-go in summer league right into camp this year. Frank was on the cusp of really breaking out before Mabury came and kind of went back into that shell, showing some real skill at times then looking very lost. At his size, they are going to give him opporunity. Some people like to over-value him like some over value Sweetney at this point. Some people think hat Sweetney has the same value as a Carlos Boozer or Zach Randolph when its not even close as of right now. Each player has only shown signs. I feel good about both players and unless we get a real deal, would like to continue with their development. Its up to both of these guys to make a move this year and if they do, the Knicks as a team will fair much better.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/23/2004  4:40 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Here's some info about him and other players Isiah's been working out. http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/21457.htm
I think when Isiah requested that Marbury and Sweetney come with him to watch the Pistons vs Nets series, it was clear that Frank was not an important part of the organization's long-term plans.

so, tell me what inside scoop you have that confirms that a) Isiah didn't invite Frank or that b) Frank had other plans.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/23/2004  4:48 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

so, tell me what inside scoop you have that confirms that a) Isiah didn't invite Frank or that b) Frank had other plans.
When your boss, a hall-of-fame PG, requests that you come with him for a learning experience, you drop all your plans unless you want to get on Isiah's bad side and be on your way out of NY or on the bench in NY. It's possible that happened but it's much more likely that Isiah wanted to focus his time on the two players he was certain would be part of the future for the team.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05/23/2004 16:51:18]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/23/2004  4:59 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

When your boss, a hall-of-fame PG, requests that you come with him for a learning experience, you drop all your plans unless you want to get on Isiah's bad side and be on your way out of NY or on the bench in NY. It's possible that happened but it's much more likely that Isiah wanted to focus his time on the two players he was certain would be part of the future for the team.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05/23/2004 16:51:18]

that's not so say that Frank didn't join him for later rounds.

People make plans. Dude just lost his Mom, maybe he still has family issues to deal with. Not coming with Isiah and long term Knick plans have nothing to do with one another. That said, I don't think Frank will be a long term Knick with Marb in the house.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Andre Barret

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy