[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jason the kid craps out....
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
5/21/2004  9:10 PM
What happened to the Nets superstar? An opher in the biggest game of the year when he was the weasel who got Byron Scott fired and should have been trying to make his biggest fan, Lawrence Frank look good. Poor Jason. He wasn't going to make any excuses for his 40+ minutes and zero production but did mention he would have to think about surgery and missing the Olympics. So I guess he was making excuses after all. He got what he deserved- outplayed for the series by Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton. I don't want to here about how great he is for a long time now. He can't shoot, never could. He can run a great fastbreak granted but he was exposed defensively in this series as well. Quick point guards give him fits. Remember the Finals and Tony Parker last year. So this is two post seasons in a row where the "best" point guard in the league was outplayed at his position in a full series and his team lost. Now he is playing GM again and telling Rod Thorn to resign Kenyon Martin at max money. Shut up and play Kidd you phony. And go practice blowing kisses from the foul line while you practice in your driveway with your kid! Good riddance. Knicks rule next season!
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/21/2004  9:53 PM
Kidd can only shoot when he plays the Knicks. He was killing us in our series.

Knicks are right there. People keep talking about other guards man but the Knicks have Marbury. We gotta build around our guy. We gotta have faith in out players. Just liek the stupid post about Marbury's defense and his jumping ability. That was just obsurd.

Let's not forget the Tim Thomas argument.

Knicks need a power forward and a better insurance for Allan Houston.

Lets not forget the game and be fans for once.

Let's go Knicks!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/22/2004  12:17 AM
I agree, at age 27 and just turning 27, Marbury is one of the brighter young stars in the league, and while he was the only real starter on the floor for the knicks, he still managed to produce while teams like the nets made him their sole focus and let me remind you that game 4 vs the knicks was Stephs elimination game, his game 7 and he scored what 36 points? that is going all out, I can't wait until next season starts...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnYKnickFan
Member: #600
USA
5/22/2004  1:28 AM
Why i people bash kidd on this board its crazy. people are just waiting for this to happen man kidd has done everything to make the nets a good franchise. only if starbury can do HALF of what hes done ill be happy... i hate the nets but kidd is just a great pg who had a bad day, atleast he played threw his pain unlike other players around the league who sneak away umm tim thomas comes to mind.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/22/2004  8:45 AM
[b]i hate the nets but kidd is just a great pg who had a bad day, atleast he played threw his pain unlike other players around the league who sneak away umm tim thomas comes to mind.

they had completely different injuries. that's just a silly comparison
EnySpree

5/22/2004  10:53 AM
Posted by EnYKnickFan:

Why i people bash kidd on this board its crazy. people are just waiting for this to happen man kidd has done everything to make the nets a good franchise. only if starbury can do HALF of what hes done ill be happy... i hate the nets but kidd is just a great pg who had a bad day, atleast he played threw his pain unlike other players around the league who sneak away umm tim thomas comes to mind.

no one is bashing Kidd. If anything we are happy that he finally choked. I know I am. He's been pulling shots out his dung hole and it finally caught up with him.

Stop with the Marbury has never done nothing crap. Before Kidd came to the Nets him and Marbury would be looked on as a wash.

Kidd just happens to be on a team where he has players around him that play his style.

Remember when he was on Dallas? Let's not forget.

I hope Isiah can get the right guys around Marbury so guys like you can shut the french connection United kingdom up!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OldFan
Member: #446
5/22/2004  1:32 PM
Sure sounds like Kidd bashing to me.

Kidd is great give him his due.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
5/22/2004  1:44 PM
First of all, Kidd played for the Suns. Second of all, you take Kidd away from the Nets and all they have is a couple of solid starters, neither one a go to guy. The rest of the team is straight up garbage. Marbury is yet to turn a frachise around. Kidd has done that. Very few players have done it in the history of the NBA. That is what makes the superstar legend as opposed to a very good player. Marbury still has years of opporutunity ahead of him to become what Kidd already has been for the past 3 years. The question is will he?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
5/22/2004  1:46 PM
And bringing up Kidd's 1st years in the league with Dallas makes no sense at all, what does that have to do with anything?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
tkf
5/22/2004  6:57 PM
Posted by simrud:

First of all, Kidd played for the Suns. Second of all, you take Kidd away from the Nets and all they have is a couple of solid starters, neither one a go to guy. The rest of the team is straight up garbage. Marbury is yet to turn a frachise around. Kidd has done that. Very few players have done it in the history of the NBA. That is what makes the superstar legend as opposed to a very good player. Marbury still has years of opporutunity ahead of him to become what Kidd already has been for the past 3 years. The question is will he?
First of all Kid Played and started with the Mavs, He, mash and Jim Jackson...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
5/22/2004  6:59 PM
Posted by simrud:

And bringing up Kidd's 1st years in the league with Dallas makes no sense at all, what does that have to do with anything?

A lot, Kidd was on a good team and he could not get along with his teamates. It makes a lot of sense, should we just forget about his Dallas years completely??
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/22/2004  7:57 PM
Kidd having a bad game at the wrong time probably has Bryon Scott having the last laugh
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
EnySpree

5/22/2004  9:37 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by simrud:

A lot, Kidd was on a good team and he could not get along with his teamates. It makes a lot of sense, should we just forget about his Dallas years completely??

This is what we are dealing with. Jason Kidd was just a good point guard before the Nets. Yes that is important. Marbury is just that a good point guard right now....alot of you guys don't wanna give him his credit.

Bandwagon riders.....geez. Yeah Kidd is nice and makes the Nets what they are. So what now he is better than Marbury? Marbury should be talked about as changign the face of NY Knick basketball. Some say we probably would have made the playoffs anyway, but we wound up doing it with Marbury and Tim Thomas. Houston was hurt all year. Give guys the credit. Next year will be a whole new ball game.

Marbury never had alot of good players around him. He left KG in order to play closer to home. When he was in NJ he became the scorer he is today. In Pheonix he lead his team to a seventh game against the championship Spurs with a young Amare and Matrix and no one else.

When Kidd was in Dallas there was a whole lot of drama going on over there and he was right in the middle of it. He wasn't winning anything out there. In Pheonix he was just a good point guard that couldn't shoot. Now he is a god?

Don't get it twisted. Kidd is a great point guard....the fact of the matter is the great Kidd that leads the cheers and trys to punk out Frank Williams when his team is blowing the Knicks out. The guy that leads the most arrogant team ever....yeah him the one that will throw a over the shoulder alley-oop when up by 20. Yeah that guy.......he was left on a donut in the biggest game of his season.

Don't say nothing about his injuries because everyone is hurt. Marbury was dealing with back spasms. If Kidd was so hurt he should have pulled a Allan Houston and just sat on the bench.

Ya hoser.
rojasmas
5/22/2004  9:42 PM
Why is what I posted Kidd bashing? He is overrated in that he can't shoot. Plain and simple. What did he shoot for the playoffs this year? I know it was in the 30%+ range. And don't give me this crap that he is the only one any good over there. Martin and Jefferson are all-stars or borderline all-stars. And the East stinks. He didn't really want to go back to the West no matter what he says. Fans like some of you fawn over him like he is a top 5 player in the NBA which could only happen in the East. Is he really better than a Mike Bibby or a Steve Nash? I am not so sure about that. Again, the East makes a good player look outstanding. So he made Thorn sign Alonso Mourning or he wouldn't have resigned and how did that work out? Now he wants max money for Kenyon Martin. Maybe he'll insist they sign another one of his buddies who are free agents. Give me a break. At least when Magic Johnson had Paul Westhead fired in LA he had won a championship already. Kidd gets treated like he has won championships. Put the Nets in the West and Kidd is just another good player on a team that might not beat the Mavericks, Timberwolves and Kings of the world.
EnySpree

5/22/2004  9:50 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Why is what I posted Kidd bashing? He is overrated in that he can't shoot. Plain and simple. What did he shoot for the playoffs this year? I know it was in the 30%+ range. And don't give me this crap that he is the only one any good over there. Martin and Jefferson are all-stars or borderline all-stars. And the East stinks. He didn't really want to go back to the West no matter what he says. Fans like some of you fawn over him like he is a top 5 player in the NBA which could only happen in the East. Is he really better than a Mike Bibby or a Steve Nash? I am not so sure about that. Again, the East makes a good player look outstanding. So he made Thorn sign Alonso Mourning or he wouldn't have resigned and how did that work out? Now he wants max money for Kenyon Martin. Maybe he'll insist they sign another one of his buddies who are free agents. Give me a break. At least when Magic Johnson had Paul Westhead fired in LA he had won a championship already. Kidd gets treated like he has won championships. Put the Nets in the West and Kidd is just another good player on a team that might not beat the Mavericks, Timberwolves and Kings of the world.

OldFan
5/22/2004  10:20 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Yes - He is really better then Mike Bibby and Nash. He is a better passer, rebounder,defender and team leader then Either. He's not a good shooter but I don't think anyone ever said he could shoot. I think the Kings and Mavericks would be much better teams with Kidd then they are with their current PGS. Kidd has had some great playoffs -this wasn't one of them - but I do believe the he was well less then 100% healthy.
OldFan
5/22/2004  10:41 PM
Kidd was also second team all defense - I guess the coaches don't think he has been exposed on defense. You're bashing because you're grossly exagerating his offensive liabilities and down playing his strengths. The playoff stats of the guards you mentioned up until this year are:

Kidd - 17.3 pts per game 40% shooting 7.1 rebs 9.1 assists

Bibby - 17.0 pts per game 43% shooting 3.3 rebs 5.0 assists

Nash - 13.9 pts per game 43% shooting 3.2 rebs 6.2 assists

Kidd as I said above is still regarded as one of the best defensive players in the game and is known for making the folks around him better. Are you going to say the difference between a 40% and a 43% shooting percentage is worth 3.5+ rebs, 3 assists and better defense. (Marbury is the man - but believe me you don't want to see how his playoff stats compare.)
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/23/2004  12:44 AM
Posted by OldFan:

Kidd was also second team all defense - I guess the coaches don't think he has been exposed on defense. You're bashing because you're grossly exagerating his offensive liabilities and down playing his strengths. The playoff stats of the guards you mentioned up until this year are:

Kidd - 17.3 pts per game 40% shooting 7.1 rebs 9.1 assists

Bibby - 17.0 pts per game 43% shooting 3.3 rebs 5.0 assists

Nash - 13.9 pts per game 43% shooting 3.2 rebs 6.2 assists

Kidd as I said above is still regarded as one of the best defensive players in the game and is known for making the folks around him better. Are you going to say the difference between a 40% and a 43% shooting percentage is worth 3.5+ rebs, 3 assists and better defense. (Marbury is the man - but believe me you don't want to see how his playoff stats compare.)

Good points old Fan, all of a sudden there is a Detroit Bandwagon bash for something Starbury and Knicks failed to do. The difference is keeping the win professional: Detroit shuts down Kidd without all the drama. Nets punked NY. TT made comments and probably sat out because of such display. The sweep was one of the most disgraceful playoffs series in Knicks history. To add more salt, a 10-20% ticket price increase was immediately tacked on as some kind of fan appreciation.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
rojasmas
5/23/2004  6:58 PM
For the record, Kidd didn't have a very good finals last year either. And he was vastly outplayed by Tony Parker. If he is second team all-defense, then some coaches better go back and watch some tape of more Nets games! Coaches vote on reputation as much as players do.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/23/2004  7:05 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

For the record, Kidd didn't have a very good finals last year either. And he was vastly outplayed by Tony Parker. If he is second team all-defense, then some coaches better go back and watch some tape of more Nets games! Coaches vote on reputation as much as players do.

Jason's defense is usually pretty good. I would throw game 7 out as a prime example of what Kidd can do - the guy was hurt through and through. And as far as Tony Parker goes, the dude is lightening quick and teams have to step up their team D to contain him. Just like for AI, just like for Wade. Look at what Parker did to Payton in the early game against the Lakers.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jason the kid craps out....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy