[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What not to do this next season......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/21/2004  2:19 PM
We can't get complecent coaching wise. All throughout Lenny's tenure he appears incompetent, a little slow when it comes to making decision. I can understand that he didn't know much about the squad that he had, but come next season, I don't believe that New Yorker will be that patient with him. Second, he will need to have a rotation in place, and that rotation has to be a good one. If Houston is not ready to play, he should instill someone that will bring some sort of consistency in the game. He did that for Anderson, despite the fact that he was only consistent at two things: turnovers, and bricks. I would say put our young boys on the court very early in the season, just so they can gain some knowledge.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
5/21/2004  2:51 PM
Posted by diderotn:

All throughout Lenny's tenure he appears incompetent, a little slow when it comes to making decision.

Agreed. On most good teams, he would have been fired by now...

Anyway, Anderson's shortcomings is as much a reflection on Lenny than it is on Shandon. After Lenny decided to end Shandon's game played streak, Anderson was simply not the same player. Lenny obviously tried to make up for it as the season progressed, but the damage had been done already. After lenny made that decision, he should have just benched Shandon indefinitely.

As for next season, I agree, he does need to figure out a set rotation. Hopefully the preseason will allow him to do that. But the rotation needs to be made on a merit basis. NOT simply who is more comfortable with. His stubborn decision to play Moochie over FWill, Anderson over ErMarr, and KT over Sweetney, lost the Knicks' now small collection (the rest were robbed away by the Suns) of youth valuable experience. IF we do in fact have some youth in the lineup next season, Lenny needs to do everything in his power to get them playing time.

Lenny needs to prove to all his doubters that he does in fact know what "defense" means. His offensive schemes were fairly good looking, but the Knick defense under him was putrid. Lenny ought to spend the entire summer studying defensive strategies, because what happened last year was unnacceptable. If he is able to get the Knicks to play defense next season, the sky is the limit. If he doesn't, then LENNY is the limit.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/21/2004  3:59 PM
I totally agree with you. Lenny needs to bring in or go to guys like Larry Brown and studdy defense from them. Apparently, he doesn't appear to know how to teach defense himself.
The true Knickabocker..........
What not to do this next season......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy