[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

with the nets getting smashed, I ask this...
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
5/22/2004  6:21 PM
If having a scoring point like Steph is the reason for NJ to advance, the same argument is true for having a Kobe Bryant, Mo Diesel or a KG. The fact of having a top 5 NBA PG and Knicks were swept could be the reason for not having a score first point.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/22/2004  6:42 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

let me see jason kidd gets traded straight up for starbury and he go's to the finals 2wice and easterm semis 7th game beating starburys team 4 times to 0. when starburys resume has those accomplishments, then there is an arguement.

Briggs there you go again, posting with no Integrity, you never mentioned that Marbury never had the talent and a healthy team around him in NJ, so stop the BS... And when has it ever become a huge accomplishement to lose twice in the finals, if that is the case then I guess Charlie ward is on the same level as Kidd huh????

Kidd put up a big doughnut in a 7th game of a huge series.... nuff said...

It is a huge accomplishment to get your team to the finals. How could the 7th game of the Detriot series be a HUGE SERIES but the two eastern conference Finals that the Nets won over the last two years NOT be huge. Your argument is inconsistent.

OK let me correct myself then. Kidd failed 2 times, when has failing 2 times in the finals been a huge accomplishment.... And he also failed in a meaningless 7th game of a meaningless series.... Is that any better?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
5/22/2004  6:46 PM
Bashing the nets is not silly but it is deserved, they are the ****iest bunch of players that never won a thing, and now I have people telling me that making it to the finals should validate kid as great, and marbury as a lesser player, so I ask, can I also say that Ward is better than steph since he also appeared in 2 finals? The nets have done nothing, yet they are hailed as accomplishing so much more than the knicks.. I don't see a ring on their fingers....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/22/2004  10:07 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by TheSage:

as a footnote I don't know if any pg has averaged 20+ and 8+ as he has over his career.

the only player in NBA history who averaged those numbers over his career is Oscar Robertson.

Kevin Johnson was close with 17 and 9. Kevin is a Hall of Famer.

It's crazy that Steph can average 20 and 8 for his career and still get dogged like isn't having a hall of fame career and is only 27.

World B. Free averaged 20 and 3. Nate archibald had 18 and 7. Bob Cousy had 18 and 7. Frazier had 18 and 6. Lenny Wilkins had 16 and 6.

Just and example of where Marbury is. Kidd is 14 and 9.

Steph is the man and if the Knicks could just upgrade the talent around him.....I wonder how fast you bandgagon riders will jump on his balzack.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

5/22/2004  10:20 PM
Posted by tkf:

Bashing the nets is not silly but it is deserved, they are the ****iest bunch of players that never won a thing, and now I have people telling me that making it to the finals should validate kid as great, and marbury as a lesser player, so I ask, can I also say that Ward is better than steph since he also appeared in 2 finals? The nets have done nothing, yet they are hailed as accomplishing so much more than the knicks.. I don't see a ring on their fingers....

As long as you are here why the heck am I posting? Great point.

BJ Armstrong actually won 3 titles as the Bulls pt guard. Ron Harper won 3 with the Bulls and helped win 3 in LA. Ron Harper should be the greatest point guard that ever lived. Technically neither is a point guard but technically each were playing that role.

Oh my bad we're talking about guys that didn't win.

It's just a dumb arguement to say a player is great because he supposedly led a team to the Finals and lost. Is that the only thing that makes Kidd great? Now if he lead Dallas and Pheonix to the Fianls too then you are talking about something. Sheet.......if he scored at least 1 point in deciding game seven elimination game then you could say he's great.

Nuff said on that on.....no one "great" ever scored 0 points in a elimination game. Not even a free throw. Just Great.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

5/22/2004  10:30 PM

Kidd's stats for a point guard make him good because of his 6 rebounds per and his 9 assists per game. He is a good floor leader yeah....

But to lead a team? How about Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Malone, etc. These dudes are no doubt great players no matter what. These player lead teams...they put mediocre teams on their backs and took them to the Finals and lost. Kidd didn't do that. Somebody has to catch the passes he makes. Kidd is never that guy you look for to score when you team needs it. He's made it to two finals because the East sucked so bad. When he got to the Finals he was exposed.

The East isn't as bad as advertised this season. Detroit again did the ultimate job of exposing Kidd in the whole series. If you can slow him down he is ineffective and the Nets lose....period.
OldFan
Member: #446
5/22/2004  10:52 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

let me see jason kidd gets traded straight up for starbury and he go's to the finals 2wice and easterm semis 7th game beating starburys team 4 times to 0. when starburys resume has those accomplishments, then there is an arguement.

Briggs there you go again, posting with no Integrity, you never mentioned that Marbury never had the talent and a healthy team around him in NJ, so stop the BS... And when has it ever become a huge accomplishement to lose twice in the finals, if that is the case then I guess Charlie ward is on the same level as Kidd huh????

Kidd put up a big doughnut in a 7th game of a huge series.... nuff said...

It is a huge accomplishment to get your team to the finals. How could the 7th game of the Detriot series be a HUGE SERIES but the two eastern conference Finals that the Nets won over the last two years NOT be huge. Your argument is inconsistent.

OK let me correct myself then. Kidd failed 2 times, when has failing 2 times in the finals been a huge accomplishment.... And he also failed in a meaningless 7th game of a meaningless series.... Is that any better?

Not really. Your basic premise that getting to the finals is not an accomplishment is wrong. Getting to the finals is a huge accomplishment - only two teams do it a year.

It's not just Briggs that thinks Jason Kidd is good. He's got a long list of accomplishments:

2003 USA Basketball Men's Senior National Team

2. 2003 All-NBA Second Team

3. Led NBA in assists in 2002-03 with 8.9 apg

4. Named First Team All-NBA four consecutive seasons (1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01and 2001-02).

5. Named First Team All-Defensive three times (1998-99, 2000-01, 2001-02) and to the second team in 1999-2000.

6. Five-time NBA All-Star selection, including four times (2002, 2001, 2000, 1998 and 1996)

7. Became only the fourth player in NBA history to lead the league in assists three-straight seasons - 1999-01 (John Stockton, 1988-96; Oscar Robertson, 1964-66; Bob Cousy, 1953-60)

8. Won a gold medal in the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

9. First Maverick to start an All-Star Game (1996).

10. Became the sixth fastest NBA player to record 5000 career assists (531 games), as he finished with three points, 15 assists and eight rebounds in 44 minutes at Dallas on 1/21/2002

11. Tied a career-high with 16 rebounds while scoring 16 points, dishing off seven assists and collecting a team-high three steals in 43 minutes of action at Orlando on 4/11/2002

12. Set the Nets all-time single season triple-double mark (8), and in doing so, became the Nets all-time leader in triple-doubles

13. Set the Nets all-time single season assist mark by recording 808 assists

14. Became first Nets player ever to win “Eastern Conference Player of the Month” for November by averaging 13.3 points, 9.6 assists, 7.6 rebounds and 1.8 steals in leading the Nets to a 10-5 record and their best start in franchise history

15. Ranked 2nd in the NBA in assists (9.9 apg), 3rd in steals (2.13 spg) and ranked 4th in double-doubles (44) in 2001-02

16. Recorded first career playoff triple-double with 22 points, 10 rebounds and personal playoff-high 16 assists in Game 4 against the Lakers in the 2000 Western Conference Semifinals

17. Named NBA Player of the Week (7th career, 5th as Sun) on 4/2/01 after he averaged 31.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 8.8 assists and 4.3 steals and shot .513 from the field during a 4-0 week with wins over the Lakers, Cleveland, Houston and Milwaukee

18. Exploded for career-high 43 points at Houston on 3/29/01

19. Named NBA Player of the Month for April 1999, averaging 20.1 pointes, 10.4 assists, 6.7 rebounds and 2.38 steals per game and logging two triple-doubles, for the 10-6 Suns

20. Topped 700 assists and 500 rebounds in the same season for the second time in 1997-98, joining Robertson and Magic Johnson (six times each) as the only players in NBA history to do so more than once

21. Established a Mavericks' single-game franchise record with a career-high 25 assists against the Jazz on 2/8/96 and notched a Mavericks' single-season franchise record 783 assists in 1995-96

22. Was named 1994-95 NBA co-Rookie of the Year (with Grant Hill) and was a unanimous selection to the 1994-95 NBA All-Rookie First Team

tkf
5/22/2004  11:07 PM
oldfan: you are reading this wrong, making the finals is a huge accomplishment, but if we are going to use that as a argument to say that kidd is greater than marbury, then what about ward? or BJ Armstrong? Kidd never did this until he had good players around him, steph never had this priveledge so to judge steph in this manner is unfair and lacks integrity, we all know that steph never had the talent kidd did around him... It's like saying Kenny smith was a better PG than kevin johnson because he won two rings... Put KJ on the rockets and kenny on the suns and you will see....

Next, I could post 2 pages of accomplishments steph has but so what, most allstars at this level have a resume as long as a book.. so what.... Take this stat also... Kidd is probably the first so called "star" to lead his team to the finals and then score 0 points in the seventh game of series the following year.... That is one he can hang his wife beating hat on!!!
OldFan
5/23/2004  6:02 PM
Posted by tkf:

oldfan: you are reading this wrong, making the finals is a huge accomplishment, but if we are going to use that as a argument to say that kidd is greater than marbury, then what about ward? or BJ Armstrong? Kidd never did this until he had good players around him, steph never had this priveledge so to judge steph in this manner is unfair and lacks integrity, we all know that steph never had the talent kidd did around him... It's like saying Kenny smith was a better PG than kevin johnson because he won two rings... Put KJ on the rockets and kenny on the suns and you will see....

Next, I could post 2 pages of accomplishments steph has but so what, most allstars at this level have a resume as long as a book.. so what.... Take this stat also... Kidd is probably the first so called "star" to lead his team to the finals and then score 0 points in the seventh game of series the following year.... That is one he can hang his wife beating hat on!!!

I didn't say making the finals was what made Kidd great. I was countering the argument that if you don't win the finals you're nothin. Marbury's is a great athlete. But you COULD NOT come up with a matching resume for Marbury. Kidd has consistently been recognized by awards voted on by the players, coaches and less impressively Sports Writers. He's been a contender for MVP, First Team All NBA and first team all defense - Marbury has been NONE OF THOSE.

Marbury has time to build a resume like Kidds - but if you're honest and Know the facts you know Marbury has so far not come CLOSE to having the career kidd has had. And KIDD got many of these awards before he came to the nets.
tkf
5/23/2004  6:27 PM
Ok lets look at Stephs resume,and remember steph has had a shorter career, and when you look at the accomplishments look at how many times we see that steph accomplished things where he was the only player or the second player. Not the 6th or 15th..

2002-03 All-NBA Third Team

Two-time NBA All-Star (2001, '03)
Along with Oscar Robertson, is the only player in NBA history with career averages of 20 points (20.5) and 8.0 assists (8.2) and Robertson had 25.7 ppg, 9.5 apg Was the only player in the NBA ranked in top 12 in points (12, 22.3) and assists (4th, 8.1) in 2002-03

With his 22.3 points average in 2002-03 he is the the first Suns player with back-to-back 20-point seasons since Charles Barkley (23.2 in 1995-96, 23.0 in 1994-95)
Made his second All-Star appearance in 2003 and had four points and six assists in 15 minutes

Finished his first season with Phoenix and became the first Sun to average 20 points in a season since 1996-97 when Kevin Johnson had 20.2 points Scored 12 points in the 2001 All-Star Game, including two three-pointers in the final 53 seconds as the East overcame a 21-point deficit

Scoring average increased in each of his first five NBA seasons and his shooting percentage also increased in his first six seasons
Was the only player to rank in the top 10 in points (23.9, 10th) and assists (7.6, 8th) in 2000-01

Scored career-high 50 points vs. Lakers on Feb. 13, 2001 shooting 17-29 from the field, including 4-8 from three-point range, along with 12 assists in 47 minutes

Posted first career triple-double with 33 points, 12 assists and a career-high 11 rebounds vs. Chicago on Jan. 20, 2001

Named NBA Player of the Week for Nov. 6- Nov. 12, 2000 after averaging 34.7 points and 9.0 assists

1999-2000 All-NBA Third Team

Along with the Sonics' Gary Payton, was the only NBA player to rank in the top 15 in points and assists in 1999-2000 (fifth with 22.2 points, 13th with 8.4 assists) and the top 10 in points and assists in 1998-99 (eighth with 21.3 points, third with 8.9 assists)
Posted a team-high 26 points and a career-high 20 assists in a 120-98 victory over the Indiana Pacers on April 25, 1999

Hit a Timberwolves franchise record eight three-pointers in 11 attempts, totaling a game-high 35 points, seven assists and four rebounds, against Seattle on Dec. 23, 1997

Has appeared in 14 NBA Playoff games, averaging 18.9 points, 6.8 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game

Named to the 1996-97 NBA All-Rookie First Team after leading all rookies with 7.8 assists a game

Selected to play in the Schick Rookie Game during the 1997 NBA All-Star Weekend in Cleveland but did not play due to a deep right thigh bruise
Named NBA Rookie of the Month for January 1997, averaging 16.9 points, 8.1 assists and 1.10 steals per game
Named Third Team All-America by the AP after his first and only
season at Georgia Tech

Was named to the Atlantic Coast Conference First Team and ACC Rookie of the Year

Looks pretty impressive to me, and the kid just turned 27, by time he is kidds age, he will eclipse kidd by a ridiculous margin..
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/23/2004  8:39 PM
very hard to determine which player is better because they are different players. If you define greatness with having the ability to lift your team up to playoff victories, well stephon is going to have a lot of trouble unless NY gets to 2 finals in the next 3 years.

J kidd is more of a pure 1 with an incredible ability to rebound from that position and seems to run faster with the ball in his hands and when healthy J Kidd is a great defender because of his size.

Marbury is more of a 2 guard who plays 1 but still is a very very good at getting his teammates the ball. Hes more explosive and a better shooter than J kidd. His downside is he dribbles to much and is short enough to have teams control him with size when needed.

Marbury hasnt played on a team that has won anything--hes played on many bad teams and you usually find some players on bad teams have bloated stats.
RIP Crushalot😞
OldFan
5/24/2004  9:54 PM
Posted by tkf:

Ok lets look at Stephs resume,and remember steph has had a shorter career, and when you look at the accomplishments look at how many times we see that steph accomplished things where he was the only player or the second player. Not the 6th or 15th..

2002-03 All-NBA Third Team

Five time first team once second team

Two-time NBA All-Star (2001, '03)
8 Time All Star
Along with Oscar Robertson, is the only player in NBA history with career averages of 20 points (20.5) and 8.0 assists (8.2) and Robertson had 25.7 ppg, 9.5 apg Was the only player in the NBA ranked in top 12 in points (12, 22.3) and assists (4th, 8.1) in 2002-03
That is impressive - but Kid was Still voted first team all NBA
With his 22.3 points average in 2002-03 he is the the first Suns player with back-to-back 20-point seasons since Charles Barkley (23.2 in 1995-96, 23.0 in 1994-95)
Made his second All-Star appearance in 2003 and had four points and six assists in 15 minutes

We pulling out team records now?

Finished his first season with Phoenix and became the first Sun to average 20 points in a season since 1996-97 when Kevin Johnson had 20.2 points Scored 12 points in the 2001 All-Star Game, including two three-pointers in the final 53 seconds as the East overcame a 21-point deficit

Yes he consistently averages 20 pts - I realize that.

Scoring average increased in each of his first five NBA seasons and his shooting percentage also increased in his first six seasons
Was the only player to rank in the top 10 in points (23.9, 10th) and assists (7.6, 8th) in 2000-01

I hope he keeps improving I want him to be better then kidd

Scored career-high 50 points vs. Lakers on Feb. 13, 2001 shooting 17-29 from the field, including 4-8 from three-point range, along with 12 assists in 47 minutes
One game - we talking careers
Posted first career triple-double with 33 points, 12 assists and a career-high 11 rebounds vs. Chicago on Jan. 20, 2001
Kidd tied for forth all time with 59 triple doubles.

Named NBA Player of the Week for Nov. 6- Nov. 12, 2000 after averaging 34.7 points and 9.0 assists
Player of the WEEK??? That's WEAK!

1999-2000 All-NBA Third Team

You're kidding right

Along with the Sonics' Gary Payton, was the only NBA player to rank in the top 15 in points and assists in 1999-2000 (fifth with 22.2 points, 13th with 8.4 assists) and the top 10 in points and assists in 1998-99 (eighth with 21.3 points, third with 8.9 assists)
Posted a team-high 26 points and a career-high 20 assists in a 120-98 victory over the Indiana Pacers on April 25, 1999
You keep bringing up these one game things - How many great games has kidd has. Basketball is about consistency.
Hit a Timberwolves franchise record eight three-pointers in 11 attempts, totaling a game-high 35 points, seven assists and four rebounds, against Seattle on Dec. 23, 1997

Has appeared in 14 NBA Playoff games, averaging 18.9 points, 6.8 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game

Below his career average in everything and look at his shooting percentage.

Named to the 1996-97 NBA All-Rookie First Team after leading all rookies with 7.8 assists a game
Wow all rookie first team!!!!
Selected to play in the Schick Rookie Game during the 1997 NBA All-Star Weekend in Cleveland but did not play due to a deep right thigh bruise
Named NBA Rookie of the Month for January 1997, averaging 16.9 points, 8.1 assists and 1.10 steals per game
Named Third Team All-America by the AP after his first and only
season at Georgia Tech
THIRD TEAM ALL AMERICAN WOW - SO IS HALF THE NBA
Was named to the Atlantic Coast Conference First Team and ACC Rookie of the Year
ACC Rookie of the year - that is impressive - Just the fact you listed this shows there is no argument here. Kidd can ride into the NBA hall of fame right now. Marbury has potential but ain't close so far - though I really hope he lives up to your dreams - I am a knick Fan. Just somewhat realistice.

Looks pretty impressive to me, and the kid just turned 27, by time he is kidds age, he will eclipse kidd by a ridiculous margin..
IF he wins all NBA every year and records about 50 triple doubles and comes close to an MVP he'll get close - he has no chance to eclipse. Like I said I'm a Knick fan but facts are facts. The players and coaches recognize Kidd as a better player and until Marbury steps up and lives up to his potential it ain't close.
tkf
5/24/2004  10:07 PM
Oldfan come on man, two can play that game:

Not really. Your basic premise that getting to the finals is not an accomplishment is wrong. Getting to the finals is a huge accomplishment - only two teams do it a year.

It's not just Briggs that thinks Jason Kidd is good. He's got a long list of accomplishments:

whoopie
big deal we all know he will pass up a open layup to padd his stats.

4. Named First Team All-NBA four consecutive seasons (1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01and 2001-02).
Give steph time he is 5 years younger, that will come...5. Named First Team All-Defensive three times (1998-99, 2000-01, 2001-02) and to the second team in 1999-2000.

6. Five-time NBA All-Star selection, including four times (2002, 2001, 2000, 1998 and 1996)
just 3 more than steph, no big deal ,again steph has time..

7. Became only the fourth player in NBA history to lead the league in assists three-straight seasons - 1999-01 (John Stockton, 1988-96; Oscar Robertson, 1964-66; Bob Cousy, 1953-60)

LOL...... With the dream team, come on man I would have a gold medal had I played also... Please..

hahahahah!!!!! Great accomplishement..10. Became the sixth fastest NBA player to record 5000 career assists (531 games), as he finished with three points, 15 assists and eight rebounds in 44 minutes at Dallas on 1/21/2002

11. Tied a career-high with 16 rebounds while scoring 16 points, dishing off seven assists and collecting a team-high three steals in 43 minutes of action at Orlando on 4/11/2002

12. Set the Nets all-time single season triple-double mark (8), and in doing so, became the Nets all-time leader in triple-doubles
Yea, beating out chris childs record was a great accomplishement.13. Set the Nets all-time single season assist mark by recording 808 assists

14. Became first Nets player ever to win “Eastern Conference Player of the Month” for November by averaging 13.3 points, 9.6 assists, 7.6 rebounds and 1.8 steals in leading the Nets to a 10-5 record and their best start in franchise history
hahahahah
15. Ranked 2nd in the NBA in assists (9.9 apg), 3rd in steals (2.13 spg) and ranked 4th in double-doubles (44) in 2001-02

16. Recorded first career playoff triple-double with 22 points, 10 rebounds and personal playoff-high 16 assists in Game 4 against the Lakers in the 2000 Western Conference Semifinals

17. Named NBA Player of the Week (7th career, 5th as Sun) on 4/2/01 after he averaged 31.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 8.8 assists and 4.3 steals and shot .513 from the field during a 4-0 week with wins over the Lakers, Cleveland, Houston and Milwaukee
player of the week..LOL.. you are kidding right???? didn't you say big deal when steph won that? LOL..18. Exploded for career-high 43 points at Houston on 3/29/01
Steph scored 50...
19. Named NBA Player of the Month for April 1999, averaging 20.1 pointes, 10.4 assists, 6.7 rebounds and 2.38 steals per game and logging two triple-doubles, for the 10-6 Suns

20. Topped 700 assists and 500 rebounds in the same season for the second time in 1997-98, joining Robertson and Magic Johnson (six times each) as the only players in NBA history to do so more than once

21. Established a Mavericks' single-game franchise record with a career-high 25 assists against the Jazz on 2/8/96 and notched a Mavericks' single-season franchise record 783 assists in 1995-96

22. Was named 1994-95 NBA co-Rookie of the Year (with Grant Hill) and was a unanimous selection to the 1994-95 NBA All-Rookie First Team
LOL!!!!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/24/2004  11:30 PM
I don't understand the constant Marbury bashing, nor the Marbury Sell job. The dude is here, he is great stat guard, Kidd is a great intangable guard. Both are great. Kidd has done more great things with the nets. Can't deny that.

Marbs has yet to do these leadership things. We all want him too. He is being taught by Obi One Isiah, and let hope for the best.

Thats it, go to the beach, play some ball, get laid more, wash the car.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
5/25/2004  12:07 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I don't understand the constant Marbury bashing, nor the Marbury Sell job. The dude is here, he is great stat guard, Kidd is a great intangable guard. Both are great. Kidd has done more great things with the nets. Can't deny that.

Marbs has yet to do these leadership things. We all want him too. He is being taught by Obi One Isiah, and let hope for the best.

Thats it, go to the beach, play some ball, get laid more, wash the car.

Nice...
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/25/2004  7:48 AM
Posted by tkf:

hahahahah

This one was the best!
OldFan
5/25/2004  7:58 PM
Posted by tkf:

whoopie

Give steph time he is 5 years younger, that will come...5. Named First Team All-Defensive three times (1998-99, 2000-01, 2001-02) and to the second team in 1999-2000.

LOL...... With the dream team, come on man I would have a gold medal had I played also... Please..

hahahahah!!!!! Great accomplishement..10. Became the sixth fastest NBA player to record 5000 career assists (531 games), as he finished with three points, 15 assists and eight rebounds in 44 minutes at Dallas on 1/21/2002

Yea, beating out chris childs record was a great accomplishement.13. Set the Nets all-time single season assist mark by recording 808 assists

hahahahah

player of the week..LOL.. you are kidding right???? didn't you say big deal when steph won that? LOL..18. Exploded for career-high 43 points at Houston on 3/29/01
Steph scored 50...

LOL!!!!!

TFK - If you think I don't like Marbs you're wrong. I thinks he is very good and can get much better. I just really don't think there resumes are comparable at this point. Kidd is a 5 time first team all NBA. 4th all time in triple doubles and has been to the finals twice. His career could end tomorrow and he's in the hall of fame. Marbs may get there but he's not there yet. That's my last comment on the subject - Thanks for the debate. Peace.
tkf
5/25/2004  11:23 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by tkf:

whoopie

hahahahah

Steph scored 50...

LOL!!!!!

TFK - If you think I don't like Marbs you're wrong. I thinks he is very good and can get much better. I just really don't think there resumes are comparable at this point. Kidd is a 5 time first team all NBA. 4th all time in triple doubles and has been to the finals twice. His career could end tomorrow and he's in the hall of fame. Marbs may get there but he's not there yet. That's my last comment on the subject - Thanks for the debate. Peace.

No harm no foul oldfan, good debate, but I do want to end with this. Great players are remembered for doing great things, comming up big at great moments, I could never remember, Bird, Magic, Jordan, Isaih, Malone, stocton,Ewing, Hakeem,Duncan, Kobe, shaq, comming up with a zero point efforts in the seventh and deciding game of a series... Kidd did that and I know that is just one game, it was a big game for him and he put up a ZERO.. But hey, kidd is still a great player, I just don't agree that steph is that far off....

peace.....
with the nets getting smashed, I ask this...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy