[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

with the nets getting smashed, I ask this...
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/20/2004  11:07 PM
Is it really better to have a Pg like kidd who passes first and in this case passed to guys who couldn't score tonight as he put up a big zero!!! I really wonder how much a scoring PG like steph could of helped them tonight.. The NBA despite all the talk of motion offense, defense and all this BS is still about putting the ball in the hole more than your opponent.... Nice going Kidd!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/20/2004  11:12 PM
Steph baby!!!

or how Silverfuel would say....Hercules, Hercules!!!!!!!!!!

Now Indy whips Detroit and Sheed is ours!!

if not then cWebb

and get Dampier!!
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
5/20/2004  11:32 PM
I'm unchanged on this. I'd rather have a pass first PG. And it's not about putting the ball in the hole more than your opponent, it's about making sure the opponent doesn't put more balls in the hole than you do. It's called defense. That's what wins. And though the Nets just shot poorly, the Detroit defense had a lot to do with it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/21/2004  12:03 AM
Steph led the NBA in total assists this year. There were many times when fans thought he was being too unselfish. Just because he's a scoring threat it doesn't mean that he's not a "pass first" PG or not a "true" PG. Most "pass first" or "true" PGs can only dream of getting as many assists as Steph.

If I were a Nets fan, I'd be worried about Kidd's knee and age and K-Mart possibly leaving.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 05/21/2004 00:05:07]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/21/2004  12:14 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Steph baby!!!

or how Silverfuel would say....Hercules, Hercules!!!!!!!!!!
Thats my baby, HERCULES, HERCULES!!!!!
The single most joy of the summer for me will be to watch all those dumbass bandwagon fans and they stupid crackhead NETS jerseys go into hibernation. It was sooooo funny watching the Nets getting destroyed. NO TALENT!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....I cannot wait for tomm. They will all be watching hockey cheering for whichever team is winning. BANDWAGON!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
tkf
5/21/2004  12:21 AM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

I'm unchanged on this. I'd rather have a pass first PG. And it's not about putting the ball in the hole more than your opponent, it's about making sure the opponent doesn't put more balls in the hole than you do. It's called defense. That's what wins. And though the Nets just shot poorly, the Detroit defense had a lot to do with it.

it's about making sure the opponent doesn't put more balls in the hole than you do.

Yea, and they way you do that is to put the ball in the hole more than your opponent, simple, of course you have to play defene, but this is the NBA these guys are gifted scorers, you need quality stops but you have to score, the nets score what 70 points? if they scored that, kid had 0, just imagine if he had 18 or even 20 points.. different game... very different...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
5/21/2004  1:54 AM
Posted by tkf:

it's about making sure the opponent doesn't put more balls in the hole than you do.

...kid had 0, just imagine if he had 18 or even 20 points.. different game... very different...

Hard to argue with that...
Had he scored even 15... Pistons would have had to focus more on defense and it would inevitably have had a couple of points impact on their offense.

Basically:
He choked in Game 7...
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
5/21/2004  7:50 AM
Or, JKidd was hurt. That's what I believe was the case. That game was totally out of character for JWBKidd.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/21/2004  9:34 AM
i'm going to offically coin the phrase "game 7 kidd"

from now on, when someone puts up a goose-egg, he will be referred to as putting up a "game 7 kidd".

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/21/2004  9:44 AM
the Nets need a legitimate shooter like Allan Houston for them to get over the final hump...& they need an actual C who's not just a 7 foot stiff like Jason Collins.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/21/2004  12:18 PM
Kidd gets a pass for last nite. He has come up big before and likely thought it best to stop shooting and try to get movement. he was hurting.

C-webb has not come up big before, neither him nor Peja get passes.

bernard
Member: #475
5/21/2004  12:50 PM
We shouldn't get too excited about the Nets' poor showing last night. It just goes to show how very far the Knick have to go. Remember, those guys swept us.

As for Kidd, it wasn't just his scoring that was missing. It was his entire game. No fire, no energy. Looked like he knew the Nets aren't good enough to win the championship, and he couldn't summon the energy to play his best just to win another round, at best, before having his ass kicked. I don't doubt his health had something to do with it too, but he was uncharacteristically meek last night and really all series. Still, don't see how anyone can say Marbury's passed Kidd by. Sure didn't look that way when they played head to head. Think it's just a matter of time before Marbury moves up, but hasn't happened yet.
TheSage
Member: #386
5/21/2004  1:09 PM
For those of you that remember Clyde was a pass first pg until the fourth quarter and then the ball was his to do as he saw fit. Isiah seems to be instilling that same quality in Marbury -keep thje guys in the games until he needs to take over. I see him stepping up to an even higher level. Whether he's #1 or #2 or #3 really doesn't matter-how many would u rather have? as a footnote I don't know if any pg has averaged 20+ and 8+ as he has over his career.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/21/2004  1:10 PM
Kidd didnt guard Marbury & Marbury didn't guard Kidd so they didn't really play head to head. Nets had to put Kittles on Marbury cuz Marbury would have killed Kidd offensivley. Though Kidd would have probably got his on Marbury as well. Marbury needs to focus on D a lot more.

Marbury is a better scorer. And is just slightly behind in passing compared to Kidd. Kidd has played with better teams though IM0. Kidd rebounding and leadership is probably what puts him ahead of Marbury.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/21/2004  1:14 PM
Posted by TheSage:

as a footnote I don't know if any pg has averaged 20+ and 8+ as he has over his career.

the only player in NBA history who averaged those numbers over his career is Oscar Robertson.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/21/2004  6:46 PM
let me see jason kidd gets traded straight up for starbury and he go's to the finals 2wice and easterm semis 7th game beating starburys team 4 times to 0. when starburys resume has those accomplishments, then there is an arguement.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
5/21/2004  11:29 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

let me see jason kidd gets traded straight up for starbury and he go's to the finals 2wice and easterm semis 7th game beating starburys team 4 times to 0. when starburys resume has those accomplishments, then there is an arguement.

Briggs there you go again, posting with no Integrity, you never mentioned that Marbury never had the talent and a healthy team around him in NJ, so stop the BS... And when has it ever become a huge accomplishement to lose twice in the finals, if that is the case then I guess Charlie ward is on the same level as Kidd huh????

Kidd put up a big doughnut in a 7th game of a huge series.... nuff said...
TheSage
Member: #386
5/22/2004  7:39 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by TheSage:

as a footnote I don't know if any pg has averaged 20+ and 8+ as he has over his career.

the only player in NBA history who averaged those numbers over his career is Oscar Robertson.

to be precise Oscar's

Career Statistics

G FG% FT% Rebs RPG Asts APG Stls Blks Pts PPG
1040 .485 .838 7804 7.5 9887 9.5 77 4 26710 25.7

OldFan
Member: #446
5/22/2004  5:07 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs there you go again, posting with no Integrity, you never mentioned that Marbury never had the talent and a healthy team around him in NJ, so stop the BS... And when has it ever become a huge accomplishement to lose twice in the finals, if that is the case then I guess Charlie ward is on the same level as Kidd huh????

Kidd put up a big doughnut in a 7th game of a huge series.... nuff said...

It is a huge accomplishment to get your team to the finals. How could the 7th game of the Detriot series be a HUGE SERIES but the two eastern conference Finals that the Nets won over the last two years NOT be huge. Your argument is inconsistent.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/22/2004  5:46 PM
What kidd did or did not due has no bearing on Knicks at all.

Marbury is a superior player, but kidd is more accomplished and makes those around him better.

The right player on the right team makes all the difference. Marbury has yet to have players he can orchestrate.. If so, his scoring should drop, and thats cool. Yes, Clyde was not always needed to score to be effective or great.

I think bashing kidd and the nets is silly. The knicks are not up to the nets level and no smack can be talked unil. Ebb and flows for teams is common. I thought the nets put up a good fight and ran up short. Comming back from 2-0 to go 7 is not easy and if I were a Net fan I'd be ok with this season. Jason not playing well does not make Marbs any better or worse.
with the nets getting smashed, I ask this...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy