[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What can Kurt bring?
Author Thread
Ray15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #668
5/20/2004  7:49 PM
1. Kurt Thomas - If we stick with him, he is a solid power forward and may even move to a reserve role as the season progresses. He is our best interior defender and is good in the pick and roll game.

2. Tyson Chandler - Would you do KT and Cerezey for Ty and JYD? I would rather just use our expiring contracts to try and trade for Tyson and JYD but if the expiring contracts could get us something else this may be a very good trade. Maybe even something like a DDavis for JO'Neal deal.

3. Al Harrington - Would Frank, Kurt, and Deke land us Harrington and Pollard? I would do this trade in a heartbeat even though it gives away our two toughest players but we can go after tough role players with the MLE. I think if Isiah talks to Donnie Walsh this could get done if we throw in a future first rounder (2006) because Frank is what they need as a complement to Tinsley and Kurt would embrace a bench role much more than Al. I would not, however, throw in Sweetney. I really think he's going to turn into an allstar in this league.

4. Larry Hughes - A straight up deal. Washington is loaded in the backcourt and it looks like they will draft another 2 or 3 unless they get the #1 or #2 draft pick. KT will bring toughness and leadership to that team which would help the team and Kwame. Hughes would be great in a 6th man role and could backup both the 1 and the 2.

5. Malick Rose and a first rounder

Any other options that you think might happen?

Which would you like to see happen?
Which do you think is most realistic?

I would like to see Al Harrington, Ty Chandler, Larry Hughes, then KT...

I think the most realistic is either sticking with KT or trading him for something that is not mentioned above...
Defense and Toughness
AUTOADVERT
Ray15
Member: #668
5/20/2004  8:10 PM
I forgot KT and expiring contracts for CWEBB. I would rather do this than stick with KT because Webber is simply on a different talent level than KT. I do think this is fairly realistic for many of the reasons Briggs has mentioned.
Defense and Toughness
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/20/2004  8:49 PM
Along with our expiring contracts, KT might be part of a deal involving Jamal Crawford and a Bull with a bad contract.

As for Ty Chandler, I haven't heard anything that would suggest Isiah is interested in him. It's just a few fans who keep posting about him. For the right offer, of course I'd take Ty Chandler, but I wouldn't give up much for him--I'm staying away from guys with chronic back problems.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/20/2004  11:45 PM
we could get a half a center and half a pg for one Kurt Thomas.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/21/2004  9:58 AM
LOL
The true Knickabocker..........
TheSage
Member: #386
5/21/2004  1:12 PM
Now tell me that guy doesn't a whopper or big mac?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/21/2004  1:14 PM
Posted by TheSage:

Now tell me that guy doesn't a whopper or big mac?

he looks like he should check into a drug rehab. both of them.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/21/2004  1:22 PM
To get back on subject...

I think Al Harrington would fit well with the Knicks. There is that Bird vs. Isiah thing though. I don't think Bird would trade with the Knicks even if the Knicks had the worse end of the deal.

Chris Webber would be great but Sactown would have to get a deal that benifits. I think if they start Brad Miller and have KT on the bench, with Mutombo, and maybe Shandon, sactown gets better. But the media would kill that deal....Sactown will look like morons.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/21/2004  1:41 PM
What Sac town really needs to do is get rid off Peja. Granted that he is one of the best pure shooters out there, but he always disappear when it counts the most. BB is the man that they can build around off. Peja and Houston both have similar games, but Peja is just a better shooter. Both of them can't do nothing else on the court. Instead of complaining about an unhealthy CWebb, they really need to look into trading Peja
The true Knickabocker..........
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/21/2004  2:47 PM
Peja and Cwebb alone are worth more then our roster (outside of Marbury) so Knicks fans need to wake up and stop dreaming. They could trade Peja to the Mavs and get Jamison, or Finley, etc etc etc. So you are telling me a trade of KT, Shanderson, and Deke would do it for them? You are right, the media woul kill that deal, so would the fans, all of the NBA watching public, and any fan of the game in general - in fact the whole earth might kill that deal because it is monumentally stupid.

The only way we land either one of them is to give up H20 - a few draft picks (including a #1 or maybe multiple #1's) and probably some of our young players. It would take a trade similar to the one that brought Marbury in here. NY can't afford to pull another one of those off.

While we are talking about superstars - TMac aint coming here either. I dont care how good Zeke is at sweet talking - the kid has hall of fame potential and you do not give that away unless you are getting it in return.

Why is it whenever a team loses, half of their roster is instantly attainable by NY? This is what I hate about the off season with this team - all this speculation is rediculous because the trades are so heavily lopsided in NY's favor.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
5/22/2004  10:11 AM
Why is it whenever a team loses, half of their roster is instantly attainable by NY? This is what I hate about the off season with this team - all this speculation is rediculous because the trades are so heavily lopsided in NY's favor.

omg i totally agree with you, most of the trades being put up is totally ridiculous and lopsided. Great to see someone else realize
What can Kurt bring?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy