[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas: yay or nay?

Author Poll
Panos
Member: #520
Do you believe Tim Thomas has demonstrated the character of a Knick in his short tenure in NY? Following his ridiculous statements to the press regarding intent on the part of New Jersey to take him out of the series as if he were some kind of all-Star (which he ain't!), and proceeding to keep a spotlight on himself throwing barbs at KMartin whose character I don't like but is more the real deal then Thomas himself, I have my doubts. I don't know if I want to see him around in a Knicks uniform. What do you think?
Not a worthy Knick, let's ship him.
Just a bad slip. Give him a chance.
What he did showed guts. Keep him.
View Results

Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/24/2004  2:36 PM
Why you all want to trade able body as TT for unhealthy players. IMO the one that we have to definitely get rid off is Houston.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
5/24/2004  2:50 PM
Posted by diderotn:

He was the only unstopable player in those 7 games. Granted that the Bucks lost, but TT made it extremely tough on the Nets. Where was Cassell, Allan, and others????? Dude, I am telling you, TT is a big time playah.

There were 6 games. And he did play well in the first 3.
In the last three, he scored 8, 9, and 13 points.
I'd say those were big games. Where was he?
I wouldn't say those are evidence of unstoppability!

[Edited by - panos on 05/24/2004 15:11:42]
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
5/24/2004  4:44 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Why you all want to trade able body as TT for unhealthy players. IMO the one that we have to definitely get rid off is Houston.

TT is healthy? Are you talking about the same TT that had bad back problems after he was traded to us. The same TT who was injured in the playoffs? He is injury prone too. And when he is healthy, he still has a "removable heart" which makes him look like a "sick" player on the court. He has the skills, no question. But he has yet to show he has the desire to succeed.(only part of which can be attributed to Lenny) And if he doesn't have that, he can't be considered an untouchable. If he can yield a big man, trade him. If not, keep him.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/25/2004  7:42 AM
I'm ready to give him a chance, but saying that TT can be more dominant than MC Grady is ridiculous. same applies to the fact that he's dominant in big games.

Till today, this guy has proven nothing. we have a chance that he may pan out, but right now, after 7yrs in the leaugue, we're still talking about potential.

As for KVH, NY will made him or brake him. NY is the land of the last chance, he deserves one, as many that joined our team, from starks to spree, including vanhorn...

If he plays hard, he'll stay, nothing more.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
5/25/2004  8:27 AM
we talk about being more athletic throughout last year. as soon as we get an athletic player, people are talking about shipping him out. come on! i am not comparing tim thomas to mcgrady ( which is totally ridiculous), but he is our most athletic player on our roster. he is also our only naturally built 3 we have on our roster, something we have been looking for since pretty much xavier mcdaniels. i think tim thomas is the least of our problems. he is talented but he does have some flaws. he can sometimes disappear and is a streak shooter plus a weak rebounder for his size. but i would say that he is better than about half of the other small forwards in the league who start. my point is we should not shop him around. however if a team comes along with a suggested deal that delivers us an all-star player, then, and only then, we should trade him.
diderotn
USA
5/25/2004  9:38 AM
I agree, we shouldn't try to shop TT unless if we are offered a TMack, Rashard Lewis, or Kobe type deal. Those are the only three names I would trade this kid for. As for big men, I would consider trading TT only and only if a Dampier and Richardson deal comes along.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
5/25/2004  11:14 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I agree, we shouldn't try to shop TT unless if we are offered a TMack, Rashard Lewis, or Kobe type deal. Those are the only three names I would trade this kid for. As for big men, I would consider trading TT only and only if a Dampier and Richardson deal comes along.

Well then get used to him, cuz nobody is trading TMack or Kobe for TT. You have some warped view of reality.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/25/2004  11:17 AM
quoting jazz, i agree on the fact that TT is the last of our problems.
diderotn
USA
5/25/2004  11:21 AM
Believe me my friend, that is the last guy I want to see traded. I am one of his biggest supporters. IMO he is as talented as TMack, but he has yet to truly explore his talents.

Posted by Panos:
Posted by diderotn:

Well then get used to him, cuz nobody is trading TMack or Kobe for TT. You have some warped view of reality.
Tim Thomas: yay or nay?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy