[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas: yay or nay?

Author Poll
Panos
Member: #520
Do you believe Tim Thomas has demonstrated the character of a Knick in his short tenure in NY? Following his ridiculous statements to the press regarding intent on the part of New Jersey to take him out of the series as if he were some kind of all-Star (which he ain't!), and proceeding to keep a spotlight on himself throwing barbs at KMartin whose character I don't like but is more the real deal then Thomas himself, I have my doubts. I don't know if I want to see him around in a Knicks uniform. What do you think?
Not a worthy Knick, let's ship him.
Just a bad slip. Give him a chance.
What he did showed guts. Keep him.
View Results

Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/20/2004  3:07 PM
I want to see him take a different approach to the game in terms of his mentality. I don't care if he doesn't average more points, b/c he will always have his big games. He just needs to improve in his other areas, especially rebounding. And he HAS to grow up a little, or else he wont improve.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2004  3:15 PM
Beggars can't be too choosey. Give him a chance.

I will root for Isiah to see somthing in him that others are missing and he can fulful his potential Dude got a monster contract for that potential. He got paid FIRST.

Lets pretend his is Euro and is the next Dirk. They all Gonna be Dirk when they Euro.

"Give us your overpaid, under achieved, your drunk, over the hill, and the fat." This is America, land of second chance, these are your Knicks! THe best team money can buy!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/20/2004  3:18 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Beggars can't be too choosey. Give him a chance.

I will root for Isiah to see somthing in him that others are missing and he can fulful his potential Dude got a monster contract for that potential. He got paid FIRST.

Lets pretend his is Euro and is the next Dirk. They all Gonna be Dirk when they Euro.

"Give us your overpaid, under achieved, your drunk, over the hill, and the fat." This is America, land of second chance, these are your Knicks! THe best team money can buy!

The best mediocre team LOTS of money can buy.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/20/2004  3:20 PM
are you going to get a better player by shipping him? i doubt it...mine as well give him another shot next season & hope he can grow up a little & start being more accountable for his own deficiencies & work to improve on them.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/20/2004  3:49 PM
To early to trade him. But if we can improve by moving him then go for it.

I think Marbury-Houston-TT together will be a very strong threesome scoring wise. They all bring differnt dimensions.

What this team needs is a post presence that draws doubles in the paint(maybe sweetney in the future). 2 good shot blockers. A pick and roll mate in the front court for Marbury which KT healthy & Sweetney can be. We need a good perimeter defenders & a good post defender.

I don't expect all this to happen all in one offseason. But gradual improvement.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/20/2004  3:51 PM
Can we have a do-over with the TT/Nazr for Doleac/KVH trade?

Seriously, if he shows some toughness and averages 8 boards a game while scoring 18 per, I would be happy with him. Just give me KVH numbers when he was a Knick, that's good enough.

The thing is, he is a lazy rebounder. He also needs to learn the word "accountability".
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/20/2004  4:03 PM
this is a straight vito post.

he played 20 games. this post is one year too early.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/20/2004  4:07 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

this is a straight vito post.

he played 20 games. this post is one year too early.

Isn't he a 6 year vet? I think we can judge him with his current body of work.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/20/2004  5:24 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

Can we have a do-over with the TT/Nazr for Doleac/KVH trade?

You must not have seen how Keith played in the playoffs this year (or every previous year)!
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
5/20/2004  6:15 PM
Honestly I don't see why people are on Tim's case. Yes the things he said about K-Mart were dumb but Tim has played wll for us and he will play even better next year. Plus people seem to forget that he came to us in the middle of the year and had to adjust to a new coach and a new team in a short period of time, give the guy a break. Tim is not this team's problem, this team is in need of a big low post scorer who can play the game. I say keep Tim and get one talented big guy (Webber or Sheed would be perfect, Dampier or Camby would also be nice)and this team will start to play like contenders. At this point I wouldn't trade TT unless we get a star in return.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/20/2004  8:07 PM
I can see why TT did feel the nets did hurt him intentionally, last year when with the bucks, the nets had no answer for him at all... It really has nothing to do with him thinking he is a star, it is about the nets inability to stop him...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/21/2004  8:35 AM
First of all, I do agree with TT's statements about the Nets intentionally hurting him. I have reported that way before the beginning of the playoffs. I have said that last year when he played for George Karl, during the series versus the Nets he was the only one that the Nets didn't have an answer for. If TT was healthy, I can almost guaranty you that he would have killed the Nets. He is so long, and can almost postup all of the Nets players. he averaged 22/3/6 in the playoffs versus them. I don't see why you are all are against the boy.
The true Knickabocker..........
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/21/2004  9:33 AM
The Nets have become the Miami Heat of 2004.

This thread is stupid.

Tim Thomas at small fwd is the best thing that has ever happened to the Knicks. He provides the size the Knicks have been missing all the years we had Sprewell. Not saying Tim is better than Spree, but for the Knicks to win Tim Thomas is that guy we need at the small forward spot.

If you wanna get technical the Knicks are fine the way they are saying pat with no trades. In order for the Knicks to get better period is they need a upgrade on Kurt Thomas, and insurance for Houston that's it.

I think we all could agree that this team after a training camp can win at the most 10 more games and the least about 5 more. If they can make these upgrades the sky is the limit.

Leave Tim Thomas alone.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
USA
5/21/2004  9:50 AM
not with Anderson, Harrington, and Kurt??????????
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/21/2004  1:12 PM
Posted by diderotn:

not with Anderson, Harrington, and Kurt??????????

you urk me cuz i did say we gotta get a upgrade on KT and insurance on Houston. Upgrade on KT means KT has to go, and insurance on Houston means we gotta get a better alternative to Shandon Anderson.

Othella is not even a player on the team right now. He's just a contract....

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bippity10
Member: #574
5/21/2004  1:24 PM
Timmy has loads of potential and can be great for us but he does need to close his yap and start proving it on the floor. 15 pts and 5 rebounds for a career do not do it for me. Stop blaming teammates, stop scolding teammates, stop being a role player and fulfill your potential. Allanfan20 is 100% correct, it ain't his game that needs fixing, it's his mental approach. I'm not bashing the guy because he can get better, but he really needs to recognize that he is his own worst enemy.
I just hope that people will like me
diderotn
USA
5/21/2004  1:53 PM
TT is the real deal. If any of you can't see it, you are blind. The kid performs underpressure, and always want to take the big shot. If he only improves his defensive skills, he could surpass TMack and the rest of the scrubs.
Bippity10
Member: #574
5/21/2004  3:10 PM
Posted by diderotn:

TT is the real deal. If any of you can't see it, you are blind. The kid performs underpressure, and always want to take the big shot. If he only improves his defensive skills, he could surpass TMack and the rest of the scrubs.

The key is could be up there with TMac. I think everyone realizes that he has the talent to be a superstar. I agree, I think his talent is limitless. But potential doesn't get you on the all-star team and potential doesn't win championships. I recognize his skills and ability to hit big shots, but while TMac is winning scoring titles and Carmelo is leading his team to more wins, TT is struggling to raise himself to be the second best player on his team. I will not kiss his butt and make excuses for him anymore. He needs to get it done this year. And when he does, and only then, will people start giving him credit. Until then he is what he is, a glorified role player.
I just hope that people will like me
diderotn
USA
5/21/2004  3:56 PM
TT is one of those guys that Isia needs to get under his wing and show him how to fly. He needs some serious guidance, and Isia can be just that to him. Also, if TT is smart, he would throw himself out there and include himself with Marburry, Sweetney when they are around Isia. He needs to find a way to contact Jordan and ask him for as much advises as possible.
rojasmas
Member: #639
5/21/2004  8:51 PM
Tim Thomas will bring it next year. Mark it down. This is the year for the breakout. He does need to rebound more. I don't think it is a question of desire but poor timing. It always seems like he is catching the rebound on his way down, not at the top of his jump. I can't believe how many times he gets rebounds taken away from him. But he can jump and plays with high energy. I don't think he is lazy. He can post up, score off the dribble and shoot the three. What's not to like? Larry Brown and George Karl played head games with him, and he was never gonna fit in with Iverson and the Sixers when he was just a kid, there's only one ball and Iverson ain't giving it up. The same goes for Big Dog, Cassell and Ray Allen. He did disappoint in his first full year of starting after the Big 3 in Milwaukee, but Redd became the gunner that Allen was. He is a deferential player to a fault, and this is where Marbury and Isiah will help him. They must get him involved in the offense often, 15-18 shots a game, and we will see a good player. Finally, he has got to get to the foul line more and get 8-10 easy points a game. But I like his game overall.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Tim Thomas: yay or nay?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy