[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

bad news on the dampier front
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/20/2004  9:40 AM
GS hired a popular new coach --he hated musscleman--and montgomery was loved by his players--im sure he isnt coming to the nBA void a big man. hes going to get in dampiers ear for sure, right now imho dampier possibility just took a dramatic downward hit
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/20/2004  9:45 AM
I wish the Knicks could hire Mussleman as an assistant. That guy would be a perfect complement to Laid Back Lenny.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/20/2004  9:53 AM
He wants to come to the east where he can be an all-star. I don't think hiring a different coach will matter as long as GS remains in the west.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/20/2004  9:55 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

He wants to come to the east where he can be an all-star. I don't think hiring a different coach will matter as long as GS remains in the west.

I was gonna say that.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
5/20/2004  10:03 AM
mike montgomery=jim calhoun west. im not saying dampier wont opt out, what im saying is that likelihood took a dramatic turn for the worse. this guy is a players coach all his players love him and hes got tremendous respect. remember dampier already has a contract in place which averages 8.5mm per--he didnt like musscleman--this is a big change imho. we have a chance but i would say that dropped significantly
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/20/2004  10:07 AM
i think we've beaten the dampier thing to the ground already. he's said all the right things. now let's see if he signs for the MLE or isiah can pry him for some parts. with a new coach - he's probably going to want to keep dampier so he may not be going anywhere.

as he says in his email, let's wait and see.

the SAME exact roster we had this year, with a healthy h20 wins 50 games. with a unhealthy h20, we still win 42+ games. i won't be heartbroken if we don't sign anyone.
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/20/2004  10:30 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think we've beaten the dampier thing to the ground already. he's said all the right things. now let's see if he signs for the MLE or isiah can pry him for some parts. with a new coach - he's probably going to want to keep dampier so he may not be going anywhere.

as he says in his email, let's wait and see.

the SAME exact roster we had this year, with a healthy h20 wins 50 games. with a unhealthy h20, we still win 42+ games. i won't be heartbroken if we don't sign anyone.
not with other teams in our conference getting better internally and externally and us not improving period.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/20/2004  10:35 AM
and us not improving period

this is what i don't get. don't you think that with the entire team together for an entire training camp and with lenny's system implemented wouldn't result in at least 5 or so more wins? think of it this way, if houston comes back, then we add a 20ppg jump shooter to our roster (since he didn't play at all the last three months). not only that, but team defense gets better as well. this "not improving" attitude is crazy.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2004  10:40 AM
Idisagree with your post. Our roster needs a lot of work. We only have four players that are worth keeping, we will need a lot of role players to come in and provide some bench support. Don't tell me that with a good mini-camp we can be better next year. Andeson, Harrington, Moochie, Trybanski, Houston, all have to go. I have great respect for Houston, but the fact that his game is one dimensional is what I disgussed about his game. He is just a scorrer (shooter), that is all. We don't need one dimensional players collecting that heffty of a paycheck.

Posted by djsunyc:

this is what i don't get. don't you think that with the entire team together for an entire training camp and with lenny's system implemented wouldn't result in at least 5 or so more wins? think of it this way, if houston comes back, then we add a 20ppg jump shooter to our roster (since he didn't play at all the last three months). not only that, but team defense gets better as well. this "not improving" attitude is crazy.
The true Knickabocker..........
BRIGGS
5/20/2004  10:55 AM
who knows what our record can be? we dont know what the roster will look like, we dont know how other teams may improve[remember the east was very bad] we know nothing about H2O[hes very old in terms of having this type of injury and having the ability to comeback and play 80 games 38 minutes a night-its not likely] we dont have enough information to make an assumption of win total. I would say its not likely to be above 45 and now lower than 32 with what we currently have, that could change pending moves.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/20/2004  10:56 AM
i think we've beaten the dampier thing to the ground already.

I agree; let's just see what happens. (Fat chance, though; people will endlessly speculate.)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/20/2004  12:29 PM
I think this particular Knicks squad has a big chance for internal improvement. Tim Thomas played the best ball of his life when he got to the Knicks. He'll get better. Sweets will improve. Nazr can improve. Houston can get healthy. Frank can learn consistancy. Even Marbs can improve. There's room for plenty of internal improvement. The only parts that will get worse are KT and Penny. So get rid of KT and get a new PF/C to split time with Nazr/Sweets.
Posted by diderotn:

Idisagree with your post. Our roster needs a lot of work. We only have four players that are worth keeping, we will need a lot of role players to come in and provide some bench support. Don't tell me that with a good mini-camp we can be better next year. Andeson, Harrington, Moochie, Trybanski, Houston, all have to go. I have great respect for Houston, but the fact that his game is one dimensional is what I disgussed about his game. He is just a scorrer (shooter), that is all. We don't need one dimensional players collecting that heffty of a paycheck.

Posted by djsunyc:

¿ △ ?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2004  12:46 PM
Yes, but we can no longer utilize Houston as our focal point. We need to move as far away from that myth as possible. Now that we have Marburry and TT, they need to be our go to guys. Houston can simply become a complimentary player. If we can get a good low-post player, it will make things much better.

Posted by crzymdups:

I think this particular Knicks squad has a big chance for internal improvement. Tim Thomas played the best ball of his life when he got to the Knicks. He'll get better. Sweets will improve. Nazr can improve. Houston can get healthy. Frank can learn consistancy. Even Marbs can improve. There's room for plenty of internal improvement. The only parts that will get worse are KT and Penny. So get rid of KT and get a new PF/C to split time with Nazr/Sweets.
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by djsunyc:

The true Knickabocker..........
bad news on the dampier front

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy