[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Soft Webb.......
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/20/2004  10:35 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

A straight up trade with Sac between CWebb and H2O might in Sacs best interest. H2Os contract is 1 year shorter. They can re-sign Divac for less money and play him alongside Brad Miller. Sign a couple of C/PF type with the MLE like Adonal Foyle and Chris Andersen...

Sac Lineup
C-Divac
PF-Miller
SF-Peja
SG-H2O
PG-Bibby

Bench - Foyle, Christie, B Jackson, C Andersen

They would be ready to roll. They would have a player that would actually want to take the last shot other than Bibby.

Zeke would then have to get creative because we would need a huge upgrade at SG. Maybe a Nazr for Ricky Davis with the Celtics straight up. Perfect contract match and Nazr has a shorter contract. Then I would seriously look at a KT and Trybanski for Kelvin Cato and a 2nd Rd pick

NYK Lineup
C-Cato
PF-CWebb
SF-T Thomas
SG-Rick Davis
PG-Marbury

Bench - Sweetney, FWill, Penny, Moochie, DeMarr, Othella, Deke

Wait till trading deadline to trade Othella and Deke. Their value will be higher by then.

Would you consider moving Marbury to SG and bring FWill in to the point?
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2004  10:35 AM
Let's not forget that this kid is one of the best passers in the game. I know one thing, we can't have CWeb and Houston together on our roster. The Loof brothers are not dumb, they will never let go of the man that brought them to prominence. Let's not forget, Sacramento was worst than the Clippers prior to Webb.
The true Knickabocker..........
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/20/2004  10:48 AM
Posted by Panos:

I don't know. Who would guard the opposing teams SG who on the average is about 6'5"? I small doses, Yes, but not as a starting tandem. The game has evolved a little bit since the Dumars/Isiah days. The only team right now that employs 2 short guards are the Hornets with B Davis and Wesley. Look how much wear-and-tear it is having on Davis.
Panos
5/20/2004  10:53 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by Panos:

I don't know. Who would guard the opposing teams SG who on the average is about 6'5"? I small doses, Yes, but not as a starting tandem. The game has evolved a little bit since the Dumars/Isiah days. The only team right now that employs 2 short guards are the Hornets with B Davis and Wesley. Look how much wear-and-tear it is having on Davis.

How about platooning Penny and FWill at point? That way we get some height in the combination?
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2004  10:56 AM
We have had that combo all throughout last season. Listen folks, we need to stop experimenting, we need to bring in players that play a natural position. We will need a legitimate SG, AND A TRUE CENTER.
The true Knickabocker..........
Panos
5/20/2004  2:09 PM
Posted by diderotn:

We have had that combo all throughout last season. Listen folks, we need to stop experimenting, we need to bring in players that play a natural position. We will need a legitimate SG, AND A TRUE CENTER.

IF it can be done. True centers are do not grow on trees.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2004  3:26 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Let's not forget that this kid is one of the best passers in the game. I know one thing, we can't have CWeb and Houston together on our roster. The Loof brothers are not dumb, they will never let go of the man that brought them to prominence. Let's not forget, Sacramento was worst than the Clippers prior to Webb.

That was then and this is now. sac is stuck. Webbs contract is awful, but owners gave him that deal and he will get paid. it works both ways. Maloofs got lots of money, but they are smart. Christie can play both back up at sf and sG, and if ALlan can get them over the top, then they will do it, and save some money on a player not able to play more than half a season.

ITs just business. Web could have taken less and walked.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/20/2004  3:43 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by diderotn:

That was then and this is now. sac is stuck. Webbs contract is awful, but owners gave him that deal and he will get paid. it works both ways. Maloofs got lots of money, but they are smart. Christie can play both back up at sf and sG, and if ALlan can get them over the top, then they will do it, and save some money on a player not able to play more than half a season.

ITs just business. Web could have taken less and walked.

I agree. This current group of Sac players has reached their peak together. They need new blood and a better SG. Christie is afraid to shoot. Say what you will about Houston but he is one tough hombre. He takes last shots and makes them.
Soft Webb.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy