[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Soft Webb.......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2004  11:11 PM
C-Web has lost 3 game seven in a row with his Kings. I can understand freshman final 4 melt down, Soph-moronic loss to tar heals with his phantom time out was real evidence he is not prime time.

He has played only 144 games the last 3 seasons, and history of injury.

Shoots 62% career from the Foul line. This is a max guy with long years on the contract. 10 years in the league, not old, but lots of wear and tear.

Only flip that makes any sense is for Allan, but I would bank more on allan recovery. Allan has only this past year as injury ridden and might have a good chance of recovery (popular believe is one good season by a player, a bad, or injury sets a trend.. ) over weber,whom has had 3 years on and off.

Straight up for allan I might go for the risk, but with lots of reservations. And no throwing in frank to make it happen.

Like C-webs in and out shot. He gets close being a great player, but is missing just one more ingrediant that enables him to be a winner.
Garnett on the other hand never had the support C-Web has had.

If I am Sactramento, I get a new coach. Rick is good, but can't get them over the hump. Too close, too many years.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/19/2004  11:25 PM
I'd stay away from Webber. I'd give up Houston or Penny or Shandon plus one player for him, but nothing more. I don't think the Kings would consider any offer involving the players I'd be willing to give up for him.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
5/19/2004  11:28 PM
Negative...Adelman, should NOT have to go. CWebb, is another story, missed two BIG shots down the stretch.

With that said, somethings never change, I'm in agreement with Big Sm00th. Please, no CWebb in NY
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/19/2004  11:57 PM
funny how many ny fans are because if we got him for something like kt haarington and deke you wouldnt stop hearing we got a great deal and webber will put us over the top in the east his knee is still healing and he will gain back his lift and strength yadayada and lets face it if you dont give a sht about the salary cap and you have come to the realization that we will never rebuild heck id rather have webber than kt + ending contracts! if james dolan is open to spending, i really do believe we will see a mike finley or webber type here possibly along with dampier. were the yankess baby!
RIP Crushalot😞
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/20/2004  12:09 AM
Calm down Briggs, I agree with you about the cap, we have Yankee like salary less the MVP type player....and CWebb is not that player

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/20/2004  12:17 AM
Webber has been injured. And that last shot rattled in the rim and bounced out. But im not going to blame the loss to Minn on him. The past stuff I agree with. He hasn't won the big games in the playoffs.

But what about Stojakovic. He was one of the top guys voted for MVP. He was compared to Larry Bird in the beginning of the yr. He wasn't injured. And this isn't the first time he has vanished in big games in the playoffs. He is just as important to the Kings as Webber.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/20/2004  12:19 AM
Im not going to blame the loss on Webber because he was fighting injures and did what he could against KG who Webber injured is not match for.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
5/20/2004  12:50 AM
im not going to be surprised by anything. i know if im sacremento i want to peddle c-webb the hll out of there in any money deal i could get-what team do i talk to if i want to dump a high caliber name the ny knicks.

would the knicks do a kt harrington and deke for lets say c webb and their pick? the knicks will take him as long as his mri reads he has some string between his ligaments.
RIP Crushalot😞
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
5/20/2004  1:38 AM
I mean I see what you are saying, but Webber is ona different level than K-Trash and co. How could you not(from a fan's perspective want him for that)He would be the post threat we always bitch that we don't have. AS far as the cap, the knicks will never be under the cap. Get used to it.

Posted by BRIGGS:

im not going to be surprised by anything. i know if im sacremento i want to peddle c-webb the hll out of there in any money deal i could get-what team do i talk to if i want to dump a high caliber name the ny knicks.

would the knicks do a kt harrington and deke for lets say c webb and their pick? the knicks will take him as long as his mri reads he has some string between his ligaments.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/20/2004  1:55 AM
the thread should be titled, "soft Peja" this guy again dissapears completely, last year was the excuse with his ankles, this year what is his excuse, Webber was clearly playing hurt, all this crap about the kings winning 50+ games and peja for MVP is a Joke... The guy is a ghost come playoff time...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2004  8:31 AM
You are all nuts for criticizing or hating on CWebb. Here is a guy that blowned his knee last year, went through surgery, and is finally regaining a little of what he lost, then some of the ignorant fans can't see past what he has been through, but decide to critizie him. CWebb will be back, and he will much stronger than he was before his injuries. Remember Shaq after his toe surgery? That was just a toe, and the majority of you all was criticizing him also. However, look at him now. If you ever have a knee surgery, you will never what the man is going through right now. He is courageous enough to even be on the court trying to help his team win a championship. Unfortunately for him the beast (Garnett) was his opponent. If you want to criticize, criticize Peja. Between Peja and Houston I don't know who is softer. None them are big game players.
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/20/2004  8:48 AM
Posted by diderotn:

You are all nuts for criticizing or hating on CWebb. Here is a guy that blowned his knee last year, went through surgery, and is finally regaining a little of what he lost, then some of the ignorant fans can't see past what he has been through, but decide to critizie him. CWebb will be back, and he will much stronger than he was before his injuries. Remember Shaq after his toe surgery? That was just a toe, and the majority of you all was criticizing him also. However, look at him now. If you ever have a knee surgery, you will never what the man is going through right now. He is courageous enough to even be on the court trying to help his team win a championship. Unfortunately for him the beast (Garnett) was his opponent. If you want to criticize, criticize Peja. Between Peja and Houston I don't know who is softer. None them are big game players.

Dude,

Look at his injury history, its just not this time. Its not his fault they lost, but lets just say he has been on the court for some of the biggest heart aches out there. I'd take him as a favor to Sac as not many teams can take on salary. But im not setting them up with any of our prospects. Take Deke and Dirty Kurty straight up or other of our ending garbage. we need roster room.

Bill Russell wone 7 of 7 game 7 playoffs in his career. He had great support never the less, but thats a champ. I feel bad for C-web, those injuries suck, but they are part of the life of a player. Reggie Miller also had some heart ache, but he stayed healthy and not a big man player.

Peja is not larry bird. Peja, allan, Marbs are shooters and when the shot is not there it hurts. Marbs has other skills but needs the support. KG showed what a dominating player can do to a game. We need to grow our own big people.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/20/2004  9:13 AM
KG is a special player, and I have yet to see that with our team. The only guy that can come close to KG's skills, believe or not is Timmy Thomas. The only bad thing with TT is his lack of killer instinct and ability to play with injuries. Next year though, if Isia decides to retain him, we may see a change of attitude with this kid.
The true Knickabocker..........
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/20/2004  9:20 AM
Posted by tkf:

the thread should be titled, "soft Peja" this guy again dissapears completely, last year was the excuse with his ankles, this year what is his excuse, Webber was clearly playing hurt, all this crap about the kings winning 50+ games and peja for MVP is a Joke... The guy is a ghost come playoff time...

I agree. This guys goes into his shell. No heart whatsoever. Even CWebb said after Spree went off on them that he would rather have a guy with heart like Spree to a lights-out shooter with no heart. Hmmm, who could he be talking about?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/20/2004  9:24 AM
Posted by diderotn:

KG is a special player, and I have yet to see that with our team. The only guy that can come close to KG's skills, believe or not is Timmy Thomas. The only bad thing with TT is his lack of killer instinct and ability to play with injuries. Next year though, if Isia decides to retain him, we may see a change of attitude with this kid.

KG is on another planet......Sam Cassell said it best. They told Cassell what KG's stat line was and he was like "damn....those is Olajuwan(sp) numbers"

You guys gotta get off that. Not every team can have a Garnett. It took Garnett all these years to finally realize what he is and what he can become. The final test for greatness will be for him to win the title.

The Lakers and T-Wolves series is so big because Malone will be on KG. You can't even write a better script. Shaq is there....and Kobe and Payton. KG got his guys but Shaq is still the guy that stands out.

I don't remember a playoffs as exciting as this one on a long time.

Detroit and the Nets tonight!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
5/20/2004  9:29 AM
what???????? TT is NOTHING absolute NOTHING compared to KG. What is the comparison? KG is a great rebounder/shot blocker and can shoot over any player in the league. He gets more rebounds in the games first 4 minutes than TT gets in a game. TT is primarily an underacheiving fugazy who plays out on the perimeter way to much. Hes 6-10 240 and only gets 4-5 rebounds a game and whimpered out of the playoffs because of spasms. He clearly represents FUGAZY and you are comparing him to a top 3 player. come on
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/20/2004  9:37 AM
A straight up trade with Sac between CWebb and H2O might in Sacs best interest. H2Os contract is 1 year shorter. They can re-sign Divac for less money and play him alongside Brad Miller. Sign a couple of C/PF type with the MLE like Adonal Foyle and Chris Andersen...

Sac Lineup
C-Divac
PF-Miller
SF-Peja
SG-H2O
PG-Bibby

Bench - Foyle, Christie, B Jackson, C Andersen

They would be ready to roll. They would have a player that would actually want to take the last shot other than Bibby.

Zeke would then have to get creative because we would need a huge upgrade at SG. Maybe a Nazr for Ricky Davis with the Celtics straight up. Perfect contract match and Nazr has a shorter contract. Then I would seriously look at a KT and Trybanski for Kelvin Cato and a 2nd Rd pick

NYK Lineup
C-Cato
PF-CWebb
SF-T Thomas
SG-Rick Davis
PG-Marbury

Bench - Sweetney, FWill, Penny, Moochie, DeMarr, Othella, Deke

Wait till trading deadline to trade Othella and Deke. Their value will be higher by then.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/20/2004  10:05 AM
cwebb has an awful contract but i was impressed with him this season. he played hurt the 2nd half and played hurt in the playoffs. this year's loss was not his fault. in fact, i was a little impressed when he started guarding shaq in game 7 two years ago. he has disappeared in big spots his entire career but i also attribute that to him not being a player like hakeem, or barkley, or bird. he's a really good player (one notch below patrick ewing's tier) but he needs someone else to put him over the hump and sacramento doesn't have that. i always said peja is overrated and he proved it again. i have no problems whatsoever bringing cwebb to ny b/c i think with him, steph, and hopefully a healthy h20, we EASILY go to the finals. but the maloof's have a TON of money so i don't think they would move cwebb in a money deal. they would want some young talent and some picks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/20/2004  10:30 AM
C-Webb when healthy is great so is Houston. As of right now neither of them are a lock to all of a sudden play all 82 games next year. They both could have more surgury this off-season.

Would Sac trade for Houston? If they would why wouldn't they try to get T-Mac instead? T-Mac for Webber? Orlando would then have to have a win now approach cuz Webber ain't no spring chicken to build around.

I'm just throwing stuff around.

Houston for C-Webb would look funny announcing that cuz Webber has been an MVP candidate. Houston has played in big games and has stepped up bigger than Webber ever has but he's not an MVP type.

Webbers High-post game would be great to go with Marbury's pick and role. If the Knicks got Webber you guys will really see what a pick and roll is.

This is all fantasy talk though.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/20/2004  10:34 AM
NY can only dream of having a player as talented as CWebb on the roster. The guy is great, any team that has him is lucky - he has gotten a raw deal and maybe its karma for taking money when he was in college...however I believe before its all said and done, he will have a ring - if healthy he is a dominating player.

No doubt Sac needs a new look - the question is who do you get rid of? Peja is soft when it counts, you need to keep Bibby, Christie is good but someone like Spree would have filled that spot perfectly, Miller is thier center of the future, and Vlade is on his way out the door.

6th man BJax was nowhere to be seen when he was needed come playoff time (injury).

Sacramento's team from last year, if 100% healthy with Jim Jackson etc was enough to win the ring, unfortunately Webber is not as durable as a player of his caliber needs to be to win it all. But remember...come playoff time this team was using a 7 man rotation??? They need to fill their bench up again with players who can support...and maybe move a piece to get the final starting 5 that will put them over the top.

They remind me a lot of the Knicks in the 90's...offensively more talented and defensively lacking - but they have all the ingredients for success and just cant get that monkey off their back. This is why I root for them, because they still come back every year with intensity.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Soft Webb.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy