[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Big Offseason Decision: Should we let Playa back?

Author Poll
martin
Member: #2
USA
Love him, hate him, he hasn't been posting in a while. Do we let him back in?
No
Yes
View Results

Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
5/21/2004  9:39 PM
Good point VMart. So much for etiquette reminder especially when all the disrespectfull comments torwards playa starts to surface when one fails to converse intelligently. Never, and I'll say it again NEVER has Playa disrepected another posta over comments.

It got to the point posting about our beloved Knicks were secondary. Playa was the enemy, Playa was the target. This was allowed like some hack-a-shaq.

Where's the 100% pure knick love for one of our fans ?

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/21/2004  10:02 PM
is he back yet?

I'm gonna e-mail him to post on the board again. Let him back.

I think it's so stupid that he was banned. I think people shoudl be allowed to post just as long as they aren't cursing or getting too personal or off the topic trying to be internet bullies.

Bring my boy Playa back already.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
simrud
Member: #474
USA
5/21/2004  11:45 PM
Playa was banned FOR USING MULTIPLE HANDLES TO BACK HIMSELF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT???? Man, is that a difficult concept to understand?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
simrud
USA
5/21/2004  11:48 PM
Also, him and Hardcore were probably the same person. They desapeared at about the same time. Half the posts here used to be Hardcore versus Playa, and each was one's posts were completely biased nonsensce to either ultra positive or ultra negative side.
TRU
Member: #196
USA
5/22/2004  10:17 AM
Why the hell not?
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/22/2004  10:46 AM
man half you dudes probably change names daily. So what? Playa is not a ignorant guy. It's not like he was doing it to start arguements or fill the board with clutter.

Those without sin cast the first stone
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
simrud
USA
5/22/2004  10:55 AM
I never made up a second handle on a forum to back myself up in my life. So there, I'll throw the stone. Thats the only thing I have a problem with on the forum. Same guy posting 25 times under different names saying the same stuff over and over again. Just imagine if BRIGGS would create 5 more handles and post his same post aboud rebuilding and then respond to himself 5 times at least.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
5/22/2004  2:29 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the feedback.

Just a few thoughts. Andrew and I like talking Knicks. We like talking Knicks with each other and like talking Knicks with others, we like watching the Knicks on TV and would enjoy stopping into MSG if we were a little closer to NYC, and thus the site. The both of us have put time and effort to try to create a place where people can stop by and enjoy the ease of the links, try their hand at guessing Knick game outcomes, and join in some meaningful conversation in the forums. UltimateKnicks.com is as much a reflection of something the two of us have pulled together as it is an embodiment of those of you who stop by and continue to stop by on a regular basis (and for that we thank you).

I think we have mentioned this before: moderating the forums is our least favorite task, a proverbial necessary evil of hosting forums. Opinions are for everyone to have, and we respect each of them no matter how much we agree or disagree with them. But let me be clear about one point: this site is absolutely not about free speech. In this regard we have tried to make an effort to curb multiple handles. We do not tolerate posters who stop in and lay down a George Carlin like spew of filth and then leave. Some other mod'ing decisions are a little more subtle: We do realize threads do meander and get off topic some, and that's OK; posters who repeatedly post random, unrelated posts without any regard for the topic take away from good conversation. Posters who have nothing better to say than "you are stupid” add nothing to the conversation. To make our site a place where users will come back and stay we do make decisions with the above in mind. We try not to be heavy handed, but at the same time we do not like to waste our own time with repeated offenders, so we do ban people (we also let users back to the site too).

In a perfect world, we do no mod’ing, but the site would quickly deteriorate and some very good posters would not come back. So, Andrew and I mod and try to use a subtle hand in containing/shaping the forums and its members.

OK, that’s all.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/22/2004  4:37 PM
ok. in that case... people shouldn't be allowed multiple accounts...

but hey, if playa has enough time to express multiple opinions with different handles, he's obviously nuts--- but at the same time, each of his multiple personalities deserves a voice. :)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
OldFan
Member: #446
5/22/2004  5:14 PM
Playa's fine. Don't agree with a lot of what he says but hey I can talk to myself if I want someone I always agree with.
metra
Member: #473
5/22/2004  8:00 PM
Hahaha hardcore = playa!?!

Thats hilarious and pretty shocking if true.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
5/22/2004  8:39 PM
Posted by metra:

Hahaha hardcore = playa!?!

Thats hilarious and pretty shocking if true.

it's not true.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bobby
USA
5/23/2004  1:01 AM
Martin, I see accusations are still flying concerning what multiple playa is suppose to be. Even at one point I was accused of being playa!

Again, why is Playa not posting on this forum but is allowed to sign in.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/23/2004  6:15 PM
I voted "NO" because I really dislike people like him that just like to start trouble and then then use the old free speech excuse. Every forum I've known has that one guy like Playa that drives you crazy and goes overboard. People like him always chose the opposite inexplicable view point. After a while you get tired of arguing the same things over and over and you begin questioning why you keep coming here. He adds nothing to this forum because he can't back up anything he says yet he's always arguing and then next thing you know people start attacking others and cursing.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/23/2004 18:18:09]
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
5/23/2004  10:23 PM
I could'nt agree with you more Guns... I voted no.. for al lthe same reasons and more..
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/23/2004  11:41 PM
I said NO becuase I dont even think he's a Knicks fan and becuase he steals things from other message boards and articles and claims they're his own. He's a plagarist.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/24/2004  4:18 AM
Couldn't we get spoon back instead ? =)

Honnestly speaking, I don't care as long as he doesn"t use multiple identities to post the same crap over and over.
Bobby
USA
6/18/2004  8:27 PM
The season is over, and by popular demand, we want Playa

Now everybody on the count of 3.....WE WANT PLAYA!
Chico
Member: #666
6/19/2004  1:08 AM
those reasons aren't remotely good enough to ban someone. its censorship. let him back. look i disagree with him. i disagree with you. i disagree with lots of people. who wants a board where everyone agrees? its unamerican. even if 99 of his posts are lame or stupid, one is gonna be good. i certainly believe 999 out of every thousand posts on the realgm boards are retarded poppycock, but that one out of a thousand makes it worth checking every couple of days.

who cares if he plagarizes, martin luther king plagarized...jfk plagarized... jesus christ probably plagarized... c'mon, its a knicks discussion board, not an honors thesis. he's doing you a favor, saving you the time from checking all the other boards...
BrilliantTruth
Member: #622
6/19/2004  10:38 AM
I can' believe all of you guys are forgetting how much of a complete moron he is.

Layden Lover
Chaney Lover
Marbury sucks compared to Frank Williams

Keep him out
Wanted: Patience and Brilliance
Big Offseason Decision: Should we let Playa back?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy