[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2004  1:49 PM
Would we not need part of MLE to resign Demarr? And If we want Vin Baker back???

And those would be our last two open roster spots unless we cut and eat salary.

Those 4 for 2 player trades just don't work as not many teams have the roster spots open.

Any deals with goldenstate gonna have to eat NVE contract.
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/19/2004  2:05 PM
Well, I doubt we resign Vin Baker, as I think Isiah is kind of high on ErMarr. We would sign ErMarr to the league minimum, probably. Then, we attack Dampier or Camby with the MLE or sign and trade. And if we still have the MLE, after that, then we go after a Chris Anderson, Dan Gadzurich type player. If none of that works out, then we can probably get both players back. I am more interested in ErMarr though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/19/2004  2:07 PM
Isia has no choice but to resign Baker, he made a promise to him and he will honor it.

Posted by Allanfan20:

Well, I doubt we resign Vin Baker, as I think Isiah is kind of high on ErMarr. We would sign ErMarr to the league minimum, probably. Then, we attack Dampier or Camby with the MLE or sign and trade. And if we still have the MLE, after that, then we go after a Chris Anderson, Dan Gadzurich type player. If none of that works out, then we can probably get both players back. I am more interested in ErMarr though.
The true Knickabocker..........
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/19/2004  2:15 PM
When did he make that promise? I would have never made that promise, but I never heard that, either. He said he is making a little commitment to ErMarr, and is clearly making a commitment to Sweetney and maybe even Frank Williams. I don't remember him even mentioning Vin Baker. I don't see where he has the room to do this.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
5/19/2004  2:20 PM
We need to unload Anderson...
I could really care less what he makes but he is taking up a valuable roster spot.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/19/2004  2:22 PM
I've never heard that Isiah made a promise to Vin. He did tell Dermarr not to make any summer plans but that is far from a promise too.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/19/2004  2:36 PM
all that was said was by Vin, and he said the Knicks wold have the first shot at signing him and he would "probably" sign with us for less money and years.

To me Vin was a stop gap move and we should look for a younger guy
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/19/2004  4:32 PM
Golden State: Damp + NVE

Gee...if the Knicks could land both maybe they could ship them Shanderson, Williams and whatever.

Because NVE is far from done and would make a great 6th man - remember Dallas with him? He is just unhappy where he is. That would make this team legit - Starbury with NVE as backup? CRAZY!

[Edited by - oasisbu on 05/19/2004 16:34:50]
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
5/19/2004  5:30 PM
Yea Van Exel would be a big spark plug off the bench. What he did for Dallas in the playoffs last year was amazing and I know he can do it again for a different team if he is in a good situation. I would love to bring both Van Exel and Dampier to the Knicks but its easier said then done.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2004  5:41 PM
Isiah called me and said.......

NVE called me and said he was happier. His knees really suck, but don't tell anybody.

Damp is 30, NVE is old kneed. Baker is the kind of inexpensive project you look for. THe unobvious.

And Stop throwing Williams into every idea. Williams is not yet reached his potential. NVE is way past his prime and you won't see him at crunch time. Thats Marburys job. Jeez! Even Laydog stayed away from NVE. NVE is a starphuchers kind of player.

WE need to rid ourselves of Mutumbo and shandon. Those two are dead weight. Baker makes a hell of a pf, backup center. With Vin, its going to be about support and being happy.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/19/2004  7:08 PM
many teams will use full mle next year + several teams have significant additional space. with most teams retaining their own players, it will be a catfight for the rest which makes it a players market this year as opposed to last year. i think isiah has sung sweet nothings into dampiers ear. there were no promises with baker [in fact i think it came out of bakers mouth that he would give the knicks the first opportunity to sign him] demarr is only going to get league minimum--if we do get dampier that is basically our team if they want the 2nd round pick on the roster. im wondering if one of mike finley or webber will be knicks? their contracts age and limited work output due to injury tells me yes.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/19/2004  8:59 PM
Posted by fishmike:

all that was said was by Vin, and he said the Knicks wold have the first shot at signing him and he would "probably" sign with us for less money and years.

To me Vin was a stop gap move and we should look for a younger guy

I'd re-sign Vin for the league minimum but nothing more
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
5/19/2004  9:02 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

many teams will use full mle next year + several teams have significant additional space.

I think only 3 or 4 teams have cap space. Also, many teams try to save money and don't use the MLE (or at least not all of it).

im wondering if one of mike finley or webber will be knicks? their contracts age and limited work output due to injury tells me yes.

Finley's still a very good player and he hasn't had bad injuries. I understand what you're saying about Webber but not Finley.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/19/2004  10:00 PM
just off the top of my head i know detroit atlanta charlotte pheonix san antonio utah denver la clippers GS [if dampier opts out] washington perhaps even more but i know atleast 10 teams have significantly more cap room than just the MLE + out of the other 20 teams 10-15 or so could easily use it. There is tremendous cap space available this year--some teams like atlanta and Utah could be counted for 3-$ FA if needed.

Mike Finley will be 32 next year and has missed 10 or more games each of last 3 years mainly because of his right hamstring and is owed 4 years 60mm. To me thats huge risk.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/20/2004  2:02 AM
Nalod did make a good point, we need to stop including Williams in deals for past their prime players, frankie is 22, a good PG and he can defend, that is rare, if I trade williams I am getting a young player back in return that will fill a need for this team...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Chico
Member: #666
5/20/2004  3:47 AM
How can someone who (seemingly without irony no less) advertises themselves as an allison houston fan refer to dermarr as Ermar? Is it because even with a broken neck, Dermaar has more of a basketball future then allison "no knees" houston?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy