[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bulls, GS, and Knicks
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/19/2004  9:14 AM
I do believe that it would be in Chicago's best advantage to trade Chandler or Curry at this point. As I have said once on this board, it is extremely hard to develop two or three big men at once. At this point, Chicago will need to re-do what they have failed to do a few years ago. Okafor is the ideal replacement or a similar player as Elton Brand; he won't need much time to grow into the super-star that the Bulls have so desperately been searching for. The Wizards are currently going through the same ache & pain with their big men (Kwame, Etan, Haywood), and in my opinion, they too will have to part with at least one of those three names.

If we can acquire TMack & Hill; and Chandler with JYD we would definitely be the team to reckon with in the East. If that Chandler deal doesn't materielize, but the Dampier's does, we would be even better.

Trades

Knicks/Bulls

Expiring contracts: Deke, Harrington, Kurt, and Anderson for Chandler, JYD or Robinson

Knicks/Orlando

HOuston, Naser, and Williams or expiring contract for Tmack, Hill, and maybe one of their bigs.

Knicks/GS

Kurt, Williams, and expiring contracts for Dampier, Richardson, and another high price
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
USA
5/19/2004  9:23 AM
I forgot to add a possible deal with the Wizards. Since they may be high on Kwame right now, we should try this deal instead:

Wiz trades: Haywood and Hughes for Kurt, Williams, and Deke. Deke can be the mentor that Kwame so desperately needs.

Hughes can assume the SG position until either we trade Houston or he fully recovers from his injuries. Brandon can be the reassurance we need as a 7' and perhaps he can finally learn how to properly plays the position with the tutoring of Kareem and others.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/19/2004  9:48 AM
I like the Dampier and Richardson trade. GoldenState has no clue on what they want to do. Maybe with a new GM they want to start fresh. Getting the vets would bring back that to win at least for a season. That would be a better foundation to set the example for guys like Mickael Pietrus.

Richardson and Marbury? Wow...with Houston on the bench? and PEnny, and Timmy? That's a great rotation.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/19/2004  10:05 AM
Knicks/Bulls

Expiring contracts: Deke, Harrington, Kurt, and Anderson for Chandler, JYD or Robinson

i assume you meant "and Robinson" since you would need to also take back his salary to even out the dollar figures in that deal.
Knicks/Orlando

HOuston, Naser, and Williams or expiring contract for Tmack, Hill, and maybe one of their bigs.

no way in hell Orlando trades T-mac for Houston in that package...& it doesn't match up dollar wise either...you'd have to include another big contract from the Knicks to even out Hill's huge salary...it's not gonna happen.
Knicks/GS

Kurt, Williams, and expiring contracts for Dampier, Richardson, and another high price

why does GS need KT when they have Troy Murphy who they are very high on? especially after KT is likely to be coming off finger surgery in the offseason. if GS is going to trade Dampier, they would be more interested in a package involving Nazr & some expiring contracts & probably a draft pick or Frank Williams to be included in the deal as well...he won't come cheap, that's all i know, especially since Chris Mullin knows the Knicks covet Dampier highly...& if they're going to trade Jason Richardson, it won't be to the NY Knicks, who have no one to offer them to make it worth their while.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
5/19/2004  10:08 AM
Never say never playahs. Isia done proved that he has some skills as a GM.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/19/2004  10:53 AM
I honestly think that KT will either end up in Dallas or Houston. No other team has a need for a PF with his game.

Dallas - It has been written everywhere and anywhere that this is a good fit. Dallas needs a post defender and a player that will not clog the middle so their players can maneuver into the lane.

Houston - They need a better sidekick to Yao than Cato or M Taylor. Put KT alongside Yao and Ming will be unstoppable. Imagine trying to double him when he can just dump to the other side for a mid-range jumper from KT. KT can also defend the post better than those 2.

Question is, who would you take from Dallas and Houston.

Dallas again has been well chronicled in that the 2 Toines would be the one to go.

Houston - Cato or M Taylor? Hmmmmm. I guess with Sweetney here we need to look at Cato. He can be our center.
diderotn
USA
5/19/2004  11:23 AM
At this point, Mo Taylor and a first round pick is ideal. The Knicks will need as many draft picks as possible. As for Dallas, we can pry away one of the Toines away from them.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/19/2004  12:16 PM
kt could go to more teams than that. but we pretty much know his value if isiah shopped him around the league and the best he could do is malik and the 29th pick. kt is a pretty good player who will play hurt but his downsides of speed+ jumping ability gleemed right through when kmart destroyed him.

the talk about getting Jason Richardson is absurd when Chris Mullin said he was their best player. They dumped Jamisons contract just so they made sure they could have enough money when it came time to sign murphy and richardson. And even if they came to the point of saying we dont think we will pay him [although it doesnt sound like it] there is not 1 player on the knicks even remotely close to his skill level comapred with his contract. GS doesnt need ending contracts because they are well under the cap with no long term contracts. I think we tried very hard to trade just for dampier and were rebuffed and now GS will just happen to throw in their best player?

The Knicks could get Dampier IF he opts out to take less--that is plauible we have a chance to get players like steve jackson mark blount then we hav a chance to get players who have huge contract who are clearly on the downside[a NY knick trait] like mike finley Webber etc.. thats reality jrich eddie curry arent coming to the knicks
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/19/2004  12:23 PM
and thats ok. I would be more than happy to add one more young guy to the fold and move on from there. I think Isiah is stil high on Frank, and we know he loves Sweetney. I'm not concerned about Frank playing the same position as Marbury because both can do things and guard bigger players. On a team often desperate for defense I love Frank coming off the bench. If its Harrison great. If we could trade KT for a late #1 to Utah and grabe a guy like JR Smith great, maybe a good athletic wing player like Sato would be nice also.

Getting a guy like Dampier or even Blount to sign would give us a lot of flexiblity trade wise.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
5/19/2004  12:55 PM
Here are a few names that we have to get rid off: Anderson, Kurt, Harrington, Moochie.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/19/2004  1:39 PM
Why do they HAVE to get rid of Kurt Thomas? He's their best post defender, best with Marbury on the pick and roll, and an above-average PF in the East. He's as good or better than Mark Blount, yet everybody is ready to throw him a lot of money.

KT vs. Blount
PPG: 11.1 vs 10.3
RPG: 8.3 vs 7.2
APG: 1.9 vs .9
BPG: 1 vs 1.3
FG%: 47% vs 56%
FT%: 84% vs 72%
MPG: 32 vs 29

And Blount is 3 inches taller. So all this talk about signing Mark Blount to the full MLE when you have a player who is arguably as good as him, arguably better than him, is absurd. Why is everybody in a rush to get rid of KT? Look at his #'s in game 4 vs the Nets. Only him, Penny, and Marbury came to play. He had a broken pinky he played with for much of the season after the AllStar break, and he's playing the best basketball of his career.

I'd trade him near the All Star break if Sweetney was showing he was ready to step in and start, but to just tarde him for anything is absurd.

Can we please stop posting these trades for McGrady? They are laughable, I can't believe these are posted? Are the other team's considerations taken into account? Let's be a tad realistic here, ORL isn't giving away one of the best players in the game for a broken down Houston and garbage like NAZR not Naser Mohammed.

Everyday it's something else, today it's trading Kurt and FW for Dampier and Richardson? So GS gives up their starting C and starting SG and potential All Star to get a backup PG and backup PF? OH man what a deal for them, they should throw in their lottery pick too!
#Knickstaps
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2004  1:45 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Never say never playahs. Isia done proved that he has some skills as a GM.

"with stars in his eyes........"
diderotn
USA
5/19/2004  2:27 PM
As far as I am concerned, the Knicks or Isia has to get rid of all the players that Layden brought in to the Knicks minus Williams and Sweetney. We need players with talents and most of all a freaking heart. The squad that we had on the court this season truly didn't show any of that, specially Kurt and Anderson. We need players with Oatley's mentality or better yet a Denis Rodman type of player. That is why I have mentioned JYD and Dampier as future Knicks
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/19/2004  2:39 PM
BigSmooth you are probably right...a case of the grass is always greener...

But there are some positives to Blount. The last 2 months of the season he really turned it up pushing his average to 14pts and 10 rebs a game. Also his shooting % is very good.

Posted by BigSm00th:

Why do they HAVE to get rid of Kurt Thomas? He's their best post defender, best with Marbury on the pick and roll, and an above-average PF in the East. He's as good or better than Mark Blount, yet everybody is ready to throw him a lot of money.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
diderotn
USA
5/20/2004  9:24 AM
Kurt has to go mainly because of the fact that his athleticism doesn't complement Marburry's skills. The hell with the pick & roll game between Marb and Kurt, that normally slows the game down and hurt our athletes. Besides, teams have learned how to defend it.
EnySpree

5/20/2004  9:33 AM
Posted by diderotn:

At this point, Mo Taylor and a first round pick is ideal. The Knicks will need as many draft picks as possible. As for Dallas, we can pry away one of the Toines away from them.

I feel that is either one or the other....

Mo Taylor and a pick for KT? I would do that in a second. Even though Mo Taylor doesn't rebound he does play with alot of intensity and his offensive game is alot better than KT. Houston would use KT's set shot because they already have Yao. Getting KT out of the lane opens up Houstons guards. That might be the best trade we could do. Let Van Gundy have his old players.

Now if Dallas were to give up one of the Toines then wouldn't KT have to be involved? They need Elton Brand. I think they got their minds set on bigger things then giving one of them away for KT and a bunch of fillers. This is Mark Cuban we're talking about.

[Edited by - enyspree on 05/20/2004 09:38:56]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/20/2004  9:53 AM
A Rocket trade would be the best out there for us, but I would rather have Cato than Mo Taylor. He is a true center. Taylor is a better player but it would stunt Sweetney's development. Cato and a pick would be good for me.
EnySpree

5/20/2004  9:59 AM
Yeah Cato would be good, but he doesn't bring much offense. Cato is athletic enough to be a decent platoon with Nazr. Could work cuz they had Cato starting at power fwd alot this year.

If anything I think the Rockets with Van Gundy would be one of the only teams that would actually take KT and give up a pick.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/20/2004  10:14 AM
mo taylor? come on! at least kurt plays some type of defense. just b/c mo ate us up in houston doesn't mean he's good.
diderotn
USA
5/20/2004  10:27 AM
Dude! Mo T is a good player. He would provide that much needed post-up game that we so desire. However, as one has already mentioned, he would take minutes away from Sweetney. Bottom line is this, if we are going to look for a big man, he has to be a legit big man, not a PF. We will need a 7'. If it is Cato, they will have to trade a SG along with him.
Bulls, GS, and Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy