[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

DWill wants out of Brooklyn...
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/16/2014  3:07 PM
More Rumor/Sources...

http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/5/16/5723930/hoops-critic-deron-williams-wants-out-of-brooklyn

Brian Geltzeiler of Hoopscritic.com reports that Deron Williams wants out of the Brooklyn Nets.

Geltzeiler reports that there has been a falling out between Nets GM Billy King and Williams and that both sides want to part ways.

Sources have told Hoopscritic.com that this falling out between Williams and Nets management, specifically Nets GM Billy King, has resulted in a mutual decision between the two parties to split. Williams, and his wife, essentially want out of Brooklyn and King is more than happy to accommodate them.

Geltzeiler adds that this will be "easier said than done for King" considering the length and price tag on Williams deal, three years, 63-million dollars. "There's no guarantee that Williams gets dealt," Geltzeiler reports. "Both sides completely understand that the Nets may not be able to get rid of his contract in a way that works for the organization."

The lack of passion and leadership from Williams of late has led to the falling out. "There is widespread frustration in the organization with Deron's lack of confidence and lack of competitive fire," Geltzeiler reports. "Management and the coaching staff have tired of Deron and he's tired of being their object of disappointment."

In the piece, Geltzeiler brings up the Houston Rockets, who pursed Williams earlier in the year. King turned down the Rockets offer abruptly, but Geltzeiler believes that the Rockets can be back in play after Houston's GM Daryl Morrey was quoted of saying he was going to go after an All-Star this offseason. If the Nets were to look at the Rockets as a potential trade partner, Geltzeiler believes "King will not say no." He also points out that the Nets will be able to become a player in free agency if the Nets were to acquire the likes of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin, who were reportedly offered to Brooklyn in the winter, the team can become a player in free agency as soon as 2015.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2014  3:14 PM
Nets are more fun to follow off the court than on!!!!

They bet the ranch on him, traded what (in hindsight) turned out to be Damon Lillard and now the crush of pressure is on him.
These guys want the Max money but with it comes the responsability of not just putting up numbers but actually showing leadership and results!

Nets seemingly don't give two rats asses about salary cap. Interesting team for sure. I wonder what Kidd thinks? I thought they were tight and Kidds mentorship would be a plus.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/16/2014  3:22 PM
I sure hope we don't start seeing Amare for Dwil posts.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
Swishfm3
Member: #392
5/16/2014  3:35 PM
This guy has been on a downhill spiral since Sloan retired...
holfresh
Member: #1081

5/16/2014  3:50 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:This guy has been on a downhill spiral since Sloan retired...

He says he is a system player and not an ISO centric player..It's what got Avery Johnson fired...

“I’ve really had injuries I’ve been dealing with the whole time,” Williams said. “I didn’t have the talent around me I did there. Their system was a great system for my style of play. I am a system player. I loved coach (Jerry) Sloan’s system there, I loved the offense there.”

“I grew up in high school, my coach wasn’t one of those guys who would just throw out the ball and let us play,” Williams said. “We were a system team. We had a staple of plays that we relied on. We were good at execution. In college (at Illinois), we ran the motion offense. A lot of cutting, a lot passing, a lot of screening, a lot of extra passes. I’m used to just movement. So I’m still trying to adjust. It’s been an adjustment for me.”

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/16/2014  4:25 PM
He will end up in Houston with his buddy Howard.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2014  4:26 PM

His decline has been unbelievable- I thought only Players that ended up Knicks went downhill that much, that quickly!

mreinman

5/16/2014  4:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:

His decline has been unbelievable- I thought only Players that ended up Knicks went downhill that much, that quickly!

ankle-itis

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2014  4:41 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

ankle-itis

Not just physical though- he let his conditioning slide and went from having a great competitive attitude to being a complaining *******

mreinman

5/16/2014  4:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

ankle-itis

Not just physical though- he let his conditioning slide and went from having a great competitive attitude to being a complaining *******

Maybe he realized that after playing for Sloan that all these other coaches are clueless.

I was at game 4 and was pretty close. He played his azz off but the play designs and sets were atrocious. Everything was 1 on 1 - it was horrible.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/16/2014  4:44 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

ankle-itis

That and he is more of a system pg. He still put up good shooting numbers and would probably make a great triangle guard. He wouldn't have to think as much and would get the catch and shoot opportunities he would need. Plus he is big that can defend a little.

The problem is health like you said and 4-6M on his contract. You can probably also add attitude.

I am a bit of a risk taker and since the likely hood of NY getting a pg in the next two years are low I would risk it on my terms.

Then again maybe the fire has burned out.

mreinman

5/16/2014  4:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

ankle-itis

That and he is more of a system pg. He still put up good shooting numbers and would probably make a great triangle guard. He wouldn't have to think as much and would get the catch and shoot opportunities he would need. Plus he is big that can defend a little.

The problem is health like you said and 4-6M on his contract. You can probably also add attitude.

I am a bit of a risk taker and since the likely hood of NY getting a pg in the next two years are low I would risk it on my terms.

We would risk signing a real max if we traded for him.

If he did not have ankle issues then maybe I would be a little risky

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/16/2014  5:03 PM
no interest. he couldn't get with Sloan's program, who can make PGs appear like they can walk on water. DWill got that dude fired. Now this. he's like a less crazy Stephon Marbury
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/16/2014  5:07 PM
mreinman wrote:I sure hope we don't start seeing Amare for Dwil posts.

LOl So what do you gys think about STAT, Felton and our 2015 first-rounder for D-Will and second rounder.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
mreinman

5/16/2014  5:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

LOl So what do you gys think about STAT, Felton and our 2015 first-rounder for D-Will and second rounder.

NarDog is typing it up as we speak

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/16/2014  5:15 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

ankle-itis

We would risk signing a real max if we traded for him.

If he did not have ankle issues then maybe I would be a little risky

They would have enough to sign another max actually and more if they could trade Jr/Felton. The ankles and fire is the issues though. Despite both of those he still put up quality numbers playing out of system.

It would be funny though if he resurrected his career as a Knick though.

blkexec
Member: #748
5/16/2014  5:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2014  5:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't trust him anymore....He used to be the man, but with injuries and inconsistent play, I would stay away from him unless he comes cheap. He's better on a small market team.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
5/16/2014  5:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2014  5:54 PM
the nerve of this guy to do this? his ankles are in worse condition than a 90yr old, he got sloan fired, and went 1-12 in the 4th quarter of an elimination game the other day. stay as far away from this guy as possible.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/16/2014  6:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2014  6:55 PM
nyk4ever wrote:the nerve of this guy to do this? his ankles are in worse condition than a 90yr old, he got sloan fired, and went 1-12 in the 4th quarter of an elimination game the other day. stay as far away from this guy as possible.

You could make decent sized list of PGs who sucked after Sloan stopped coaching them.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/16/2014  7:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:

He's skills are there, he's just not a leader, and for a player with his skill set most ppl are wondering why this guy can't take over. You see it from time to time when he has a really good game. But his motor shuts down way to often where he becomes passive and settles for 3's and looses focus.

We have felton

ES
DWill wants out of Brooklyn...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy