[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is anyuone here interested in Kareem Rush or Ron Murray?
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/18/2004  1:04 PM
I talked about this on a couple of other boards, and I just want to see what you guys think.

Kareem Rush: It seems clear that Kobe is probably staying with the Lakers, so where does this leave the young and promising Rush? He is a free agent next season, but can we also give up some of our guys in a trade for him? He would be perfect, b/c he would make a great replacement for Allan Houston, once he is done. Yet, while Allan still plays, he would make the perfect mentor for Kareem, as they both have comparible games.

Ron Murray: Almost the same deal, except Murray is a bit shorter, right? And he is in the same position, b/c he is also stuck behind an all star shooting guard, named Ray Allen. If the Sonics trade him (As he is mentioned in the trade rumors) then we have no chance at Flip. But if Ray stays, then we can go after him. He is also a free agent, next season.

Currently, they are both very unproven, but I think they are guys we need to take into massive consideration.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/18/2004  1:26 PM
I like Rush as a shooter, he seems like he can really catch fire and hit everything. Not sure how you obtain him though.

Murray turns the ball over a lot, and plays PG, so I'm not sure how he'd help the Knicks out.
#Knickstaps
Allanfan20
USA
5/18/2004  1:31 PM
Well, from what I understand, Murray is more of an undersized shooting guard. Like Jason Terry. Sure, he turns the ball over a lot, but he's a rookie, and that's a common rookie problem. With the right tutoring, that is something that should be taken care of.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/18/2004  1:37 PM
I prefer Rush. He has been in a winning environment for a while and was coached by one of the greatest coaches of all time. He has a swogger and perhaps the will to be the best. They will need a PF to replace Malone, why not offer them one of our bigs to acquire this young studd?
The true Knickabocker..........
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/18/2004  1:42 PM
Posted by diderotn:

why not offer them one of our bigs to acquire this young studd?

I'm sorry, did you just call Rush a stud? Yes he lives in Kobe's shadow, but I don't know why anyone would give up anything of substance to get him.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/18/2004  1:53 PM
i think i'd rather have Jamal Crawford than either one of those guys...i just think he has way more star potential.

but i would take either guy if they were available.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/18/2004  1:54 PM
That kid has qualities. However, come to think about it, we already have Demarr. If Lenny is smart, he will at least experiment with Demarr at the SG position.
The true Knickabocker..........
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/18/2004  2:08 PM
I agree, lets see what Dermarr can do.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Allanfan20
USA
5/18/2004  2:30 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

why not offer them one of our bigs to acquire this young studd?

I'm sorry, did you just call Rush a stud? Yes he lives in Kobe's shadow, but I don't know why anyone would give up anything of substance to get him.

What makes you think Rush ISN'T a stud? Just b/c he doesn't get much playing time behind Kobe? The guy is a silky smooth shooter, he can penetrate, and he can pass. I dunno how much his defense has improved, but he is still young, so he has plenty of time to improve that. He may never amount to Kobe, or even Allan Houston, but he is still a type of player I would go after.

Sure, we can experiment with ErMarr, but isn't he more of a small foward anyway? We still need someone who can replace Allan Houston down the road, and Rush is that player. Either him, Ron, or Crawford. I don't see us getting Crawford, and if the Sonics trade Ray, then we have no shot at Flip. He may be the easiest to get, to fix our future shooting guard position.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
5/18/2004  2:37 PM
Kareem Rush has the potential to be a young Allan Houston, with his excellent shooting...

Ronald "Flip" Murray is probably more along the lines of a young John Starks both in stature and game... aggressive and fearless... and always wants to be the guy who makes the big play.

Murray is quite a bit smaller than DerMarr... but I think he has the type of game that Knick fans love.

As good as Rush and Houston are, Knick fans just aren't very receptive of finesse players.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/18/2004  2:57 PM
i disagree...Walt Frazier, Earl the Pearl, Bernard King...all examples of some silky smooth players who had tons of finesse in their games who Knicks fans loved & admired...the problem fans have w/Allan is his contract...if he wasn't getting paid such mega bucks, they'd absolutely love the guy because of that silky smooth stroke from the outside he brings...it's because fans expect so much more from him because of his high salary that's the reason they haven't embraced him as they did someone like Spree or Starks.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/18/2004  3:02 PM
I like Kareem Rush. He has potential to be a very solid NBA player. If he could grab rebounds & play defense consistantly to go along with his scoring ability he would be a really good player. He has a lot of potential to be a big scoring given the mins though.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/18/2004  7:20 PM
id prefer Flip and I dont think Rush is a guy who the Lakers are going to deal anyway. flip is a guy who could become a real good 6th man type with the ability to start 1 or 2 if needed with athletic explosion and top notch quickness. he has already shown some serious signs of what he can do--something like 30 20 point + games with high assists and rebounds but he also needs continued seasoning.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/18/2004  10:55 PM
I prefer Jamal Crawford and we know Crawf is very high on Isiah's list.
Is anyuone here interested in Kareem Rush or Ron Murray?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy