[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

David Harrison is a younger Dampier
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/18/2004  11:18 AM
with more skill on the O end but less of a rebounder. The guy is 7-0 270 and is getting downplayed a bit and looks to be going in the same position in the draft Dampier went--late 1st, but he has a whole career in front of him at 21 years old. Dampier will be 30 in a couple of months and while I would take him at the MLE--i dont think he would give the Knicks much after year 3 possibly 4 the way he is built. David Harrison is a viable option if we can get up into the late round. While he may not give the same immediate impact as Dampier[although I believe he will have a nice impact] you have years to go with him.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/18/2004  11:27 AM
the Knicks want to live in the NOW...they want to win titles w/Stephon Marbury & a good team around him...i don't think they're really interested in any more project players...afterall, they traded away many of their future prospects & draft picks to get Marbury here in the first place...i think they want to target a veteran in his prime, like a Dampier.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
5/18/2004  11:37 AM
I totally agree. No more project players. Marbury will be 28 by the time the playoffs is here next here so the knicks are just looking to add a couple of more good veteran players.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BRIGGS
5/18/2004  11:39 AM
where would the heat be without wade? etc.. etc.. this player is not a project, this is a 3 year player in the big 12 who faced double+triple teaming all year and still put up nearly 20-10-3 shooting 63% i dont discount any avenue to improve the team, but one thing is for sure, the team needs a C to improve. the odds of dampier coming here are probably so-so at best. you have to keep the options open and drafting a 7-0 270 pound player who is being discounted for no apparent reason[like boozer was] is certainly a strong viable option if we can get into the late first which i think we can. if we cant get dampier, do we wait years to get a real sized C oir are we aggresive this year?
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
5/18/2004  11:43 AM
i don't disagree w/u that it would be a good idea to draft a kid like that, but he won't be the centerpiece of Isiah's offseason plan, trust me...if they can get a draft pick to get him, fine...but Isiah's main focus will be on acquiring a proven veteran like a Dampier or a Webber...or if all else fails, *gasp* an Antoine Walker.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
5/18/2004  11:58 AM
they could get both webber and dampier or more likely they could get neither. were not getting guys in their last year of contract like rahim or walker because we have nothing to give them. we could get webber because if im sacremento i want OUT of chris webber and his long term deal with his wheels. i would gladly accept KT and ending contracts to get out of him. sacremento won without webber anyway. if the knicks are willing to take deeper finanical risks they should walk away with someone with a name in the league who has $$$$$$$$$$$left and a reason why the team wants to dump them.

Harrison is a whole different ball of wax. Harrison is an option IF we can move up a bit because we dont know if the knicks can accept much more salary at this point--we are certainly not assured of a C and if we cant get anyone--then why wouldnt you be aggresive trying to move up just a bit in the draft for a legitC.?

Also it seems as if Isiah is going to give Sweetney a bigger role--if you bring in a player like webber who make s16-18 mm where is Sweetneys role?

RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
5/18/2004  12:10 PM
i would imagine Sweetney would play the same role he's played this year, w/the absence of Harrington & Vin Baker to take any of his minutes, if that were to happen.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/18/2004  12:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Also it seems as if Isiah is going to give Sweetney a bigger role--if you bring in a player like webber who make s16-18 mm where is Sweetneys role?

answer is the same for marbury and frank will. Play the stars less. PLay them 30 minutes a night, and give the rest to the youngs. You kill 2 birds with one stone, though I doubt the stars would accept that (since they need good stats to go to the allstar teams...)

Yet, if we can get webber for KT and expiring contracts, wwe have to do it. We won't be under the cap for ages, and we'd improve at least our offense and passing. Webber still has some game left, though he may not be the same player anymore.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/18/2004  12:15 PM
this is one of those discussions where everyone is right. The Knicks need young players, as well as good veteran help in the frontcourt. When you look at every good team almost everyone has a good balance of youth and experience. Even Mia.. look at the role Eddie Jones and Brian Grant played down the stretch run. Those two weree JUST as valuable as Wade and Butler, yet both groups need each other to succeed.

I agree with Briggs... we should work very hard to get a guy like Harrison or Arujo, just as we shouldf work equally hard to get a guy like Dampier or even Webber (depending on the cost).

Hopefully we succceed at both. I agree its obvious Isiah wants to give Sweetney a bigger role and is a BIG part of their future plans. This is irrelevant to me because we are still in a phase of getting as many good players as we can, and getting rid of the Spoon, Eisley, Anderson types. This will take time... one step at a time.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/18/2004  12:23 PM
This is ideal and I've said the Knicks should consider this as well.

Don't forget Isiah said he wants to be competitive and at the same time rebuild, and this would be the perfect move. A project is an 18 YO out of high school, not a 21 year old with 3 years of big time college ball under his belt. He's got the size and the skills, for some reason his stock has kind of drifted down to last 1st/early 2nd.

Why does anybody want this loser Erick Dampier?
2000-2001: 7.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg
2001-2002: 7.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg
2002-2003: 8.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg
2003-2004: 12 ppg, 12 rpg
If anybody can't see thru the fact that he worked his ass off so he could put up good numbers, opt out of his contract, and get one more big deal before his career ends, you are an idiot. Plus he turns 30 in July. THESE ARE PLAYERS THE KNICKS NEED TO AVOID.

Obviously the goal is a championship, but is Erick Dampier going to push them to the championship level? No. A player like Tyson Chandler or David Harrison or Jamal Crawford, younger players who can be obtained cheap and then can develop INTO these players who are 30-something are the players who help you win a championship. If Harrison becomes a 12 and 10 guy or Chandler who could become the best shot blocker and a top rebounder or Crawford who might become a terrific scoring 2, those players should be targeted, not the Erick Dampiers and Chris Webbers of the world.
#Knickstaps
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/18/2004  1:10 PM
I would take a chance on Harrison, definitely, especially if he is as good as Rip says. Where in the draft would he land though? Would we have to make a trade with Utah for one of their draft picks?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/18/2004  1:50 PM
Damp is the freaking man. When or if he goes to the Heat, than majority of you all will be crying or asking why Isia didn't acquire him. Miami is so stock right now, all they need is a big man to complement their squad. We need to be as agressive as possible. Damp already has a name, and can at least command some respect from refs, and othe Centers.
The true Knickabocker..........
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/18/2004  2:34 PM
Harrison just got dominated by Araujo who now bulked up to 295. Harrison's agent ended the workout 45mins into it as Araujo dominated Harrison in a 2 on 2. They played with a guard each.

I would love to add Araujo. Ive been reading about him for about a month now. But if he keeps having great workouts he may get into the lottery.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595063912,00.html.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2004  2:35 PM

Lampe, not Damp!

Damp pimped last year to opt out and get more scratch.

I don't trust him or his 30 year old body.

Anybody notice, we only have two contracts expire or are free. Vin and Demarr.

If the Wolves win tonite, I think Sac can use Allan Houstan and have Christie back him up. Weber would look better here. Allan has shorter contract.

Its a good Star Phuched move if you think about it. C webb game reminds me of LJ. Smart IQ on court, little lift.
TMS
USA
5/18/2004  2:51 PM
Houston & Sweetney for Webber...would the Knicks do it? & more importantly, would Sacramento do it?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/18/2004  3:02 PM
we shouldf work equally hard to get a guy like Dampier or even Webber (depending on the cost).

I'd be very reluctant to get Webber because his knee is falling apart and he has four years of a max contract left. I wouldn't be willing to even consider giving up Steph, Mike, or TT to get him.
newyorknewyork
5/18/2004  3:06 PM
Id prefer something like KT & Houston and 2nd rd picks or something for Webber & Christie.

Especially since we would be able to bust on Christie and his wife.
BRIGGS
5/18/2004  3:09 PM
we are not getting arajuo. when all is said and done arajuo will be in the top 10. im talking about grabbing harrison at 26-30. I said it before any person here knew his name that Arajuo was a Brad Miller with muscles and would start at C.

Ill give you a sidebar on that one. Emeka destroyed Arajuo in a game 2 years ago, made him look very slow and he couldnt even get a shot of against EO and on the other side emeka had 25.

Workouts are a solid piece of information but only a piece. I knew Arajuo was going to fly up the charts because he WILL make an impact right away--he *COULD* be an all star C in the east himself right away, thats how highly i think of him.

when i say lets grab david harrison, im realizing we wont have a top 13 pick. But a skilled 7-0 270 C being picked lets say 27 is a steal.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
5/18/2004  3:21 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/2003/ncaa_tourney/news/2003/03/20/uconn_byu_ap/
RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
5/18/2004  3:24 PM
I have nothing against landing Harrison. I hope we do some how land a big. If it happens to be Harrison than great. I just read today that Araujo dominated him and decided to post it on here since u guys were talking about him. I also realize that we have very very very little chance at landing Araujo.

If we were to land Harrison at #27 that would be hot.
David Harrison is a younger Dampier

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy