need for sheed
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/18/2004  8:09 AM
http://fanstop.com/fanclub/nbafans/article.asp?team=NBA&id=44249

read my article and lets discuss
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/18/2004  8:29 AM
I agree with you that KT has peaked and is not the answer for the Knicks. I also think Isiah will trade him before next season starts. \

As far as options go Walker and Jamison probably could be gotten but I don't like the Knicks lineup with either of them in it (way to soft on D).

I don't think that the Clips will give up on Brand so easily, but he would be the ultimate prize if they were stupid enough to do so.

I can't say too much about Shareef. He is definatly not needed with Zach on the Blazers, maybe he would be the most likely fit of them all.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
5/18/2004  8:32 AM
interesting but we have been discussing the same thing for months. these players are said to be available but we will see if we can rightfully land them. the only two viable options would be reef and one of the 'twans ('tiones) becuase those teams need role players. as far as brand goes, he is staying. there is no way the sterling open up his checkbook only for him to go away. you said it yourself that he is probably top five power forward in the league and one of the very few assets the clippers have for fan draw ( besides maggete). we have a better chance getting wilcox than him.

i would rather have jamison because he is exactly what we need even though he is undersized for a 4. but he still rebounds tenaciously and he can be an unstoppable post option. he can also run with the best of them. injuries can also be a problem since he rarely has an injury-free year.

i used to like walker untill he fell in love too much with the outside shot. i remember in the beginning of his career he was a very reliable low post option. now he is drifting toward the long range shot. our team do not need that. the good thing about walker is that he does manage to rebound fairly well.

reef is a 20/10 capabele player but he has a reputation of being the "soft" player. he is business like but he does drift late in games and disappear. he has been very inconsistent particularly against good team. those signs make me leery about his production in the playoffs. can he have that "laker" mentality and step up in the playoffs or will he be known as the millenium version of " clifford robinson" in which he had a good regular season and fizzles in the playoffs?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2004  8:57 AM
If KT is not so valuable, how does he get traded with value?

The old "throw in Frank williams" trade helper.

Then we stuck with moochie as back up if Marbs goes down with injury, or needs to reduce minutes during the season.

Frank can play both guard positions and looked nice with Allan.

Typical knick Starphuching! Trade players on the rise for others already there. I know One should never turn down and opportunity for a great player, but in two years might Sweets be 2/3rds the player brand is, and we have an even better Frank williams? H20 comes off in two years, and marbs is not the man of steal.

Build from within, its cheeper and lasts longer.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/18/2004  9:01 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Then we stuck with moochie as back up if Marbs goes down with injury, or needs to reduce minutes during the season.

moochie is a serviceable backup and we still have penny. i would like to keep frank also but if has to be included in a deal to bring in a bigman, then he should be traded.

marbury, in his entire career, has not gone down with injury so far.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
5/18/2004  9:08 AM
If you can get Brand and all you give up is a player who will play at most 10 min a game for you, you do it. Brand is young too you know. Who cares if you give up FW. We have Marbrbury. And you can't bring up injury, cause if Marbury gets injured on this team, we are in the lottery with or w/out FW. Get real man, getting an allstar young PF is way better then holding on to your backup PG. That is not star phucing or whatever you call it in your twisted mind, its a steal.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/18/2004  9:48 AM
the only way i could see the Clippers trading Brand to NY would be in a deal for Tim Thomas, Sweetney, Frank & possibly a future 1st round pick as well...that may not even be enough imo...Brand is a 20/10/3/2 player...those guys don't grow on trees...it will take a whole lot to get him in any trade.

from POR, the player i think would fit PERFECTLY on the Knicks is Theo Ratliff...NOT Rahim...we need interior defense, rebounding & shotblocking, all of which Ratliff provides...given his injury history, POR may be willing to part w/him for the right package...maybe get him in a larger deal to include 1 of their bad contracts, like Derek Anderson? the Knicks could use a reliable backup SG who can actually SHOOT the ball, especially now w/Allan's knee such a major concern for next season...we can't have "Brickyard" Anderson playing major minutes as a starter again next season.

i'd offer up Nazr, Harrington, Mutombo, Shandon & a 2nd round pick for Ratliff & DA...the Blazers could simply release Mutombo & Harrington, & Nazr would be an able bodied post player for them if they trade away Rahim in another trade, who is much cheaper & can still develop into a better player...they have another bigman in Dale Davis who can platoon w/Nazr at C, who will be off the books at the end of the season.

it maybe optimistic, but i would love to see a team like this next season if a deal can be worked at as outlined above:

C - Ratliff / MLE FA (Blount, Anderson or Gadzuric)
PF - KT / Sweetney
SF - TT / Penny / DJ
SG - Houston / DA
PG - Marbury / Frank / Moochie

that's one helluva defensive team w/tons of athleticism to match up w/the top Eastern Conference teams next season...& the future isn't mortgaged like it might have to be in a deal for someone like Dampier or Brand.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/18/2004  9:51 AM
what reason would LA want to trade Brand and if they were inclined to for some unkown reason I can think of 20 teams who could give them a better deal. You dont trade guys like elton brand.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/18/2004  9:55 AM
i agree...i don't see them trading him either...i'm just saying, IF they were inclined to do so, it would take a package like the one outlined above at minimum to get him imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/18/2004  12:06 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

marbury, in his entire career, has not gone down with injury so far.

The same applied to houston, dice before he fell...

You can't predict an injury on a career history.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/18/2004  12:07 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

what reason would LA want to trade Brand and if they were inclined to for some unkown reason I can think of 20 teams who could give them a better deal. You dont trade guys like elton brand.

100% agree. No way the clipps do it.

Agree with nalod too, keep the youngs, developp them, find some gems. and get rid of KT.
need for sheed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy