bench: Penny, Sweetney, Frank, Dermarr

make it happen Isiah
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/17/2004  9:09 PM
think we'd need another bigman off the bench.
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
5/17/2004  10:47 PM
I assume you mean dream as in MLK's I have a dream speech.

Dampier will go where the money is.

Sheed will most likely not come here.

Zeke has no choice but to trade Tim "fugazy" Thomas this off season.

Houston might never again walk without a limp...forget about basketball

Marbury will most likely be killed or injured in Athens.

And don't call me a hater or whatever. I love the knicks. I also love the truth. most posters on these boards seem to love rose colored glasses.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/17/2004  10:48 PM
ooops forgot about Baker and Deke if he doesn't get traded along with kurt and Nazr

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/18/2004 02:18:56]
Chico
Member: #666
5/17/2004  10:52 PM
oop
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/18/2004  12:20 AM
lol
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
RonRon
Member: #246
5/18/2004  1:33 AM
only chance i think we have at dampier is offering a 6-7 year max midlevel contract. he may also be one of the most dominant centers if he chooses to come with the east. he is making about 8mill this year if he chooses to opt out, only chance NY has at obtaining a double double caliber player like him is by providing him a longer deal.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/18/2004  8:06 AM
Posted by RonRon:

only chance i think we have at dampier is offering a 6-7 year max midlevel contract. he may also be one of the most dominant centers if he chooses to come with the east. he is making about 8mill this year if he chooses to opt out, only chance NY has at obtaining a double double caliber player like him is by providing him a longer deal.

I think his contract year had to do alot with Dampier playing well after all these years. I'm a little afraid of that. He is a solid talent at center.

What are our needs? What style of play are we trying to run?
Well if you ask that question you need to just take a look at Marbury.

I like what Marbury had in Marion and Amare while in Pheonix. I felt that group complemented each other. The only thing is nothing else clicked over there as far as the team.

Knicks need to add an Amare type to the team....a guy that can score inside. Sheed is that guy but the only way we'll get him is if we sign him with the mid-level. Knicks still have to upgrade the shooting guard spot and there are plenty of young guys out there that could be signed for 5 mil to play the 2 spot.

Rahim, Walker, Jaimison, maybe Elton Brand....these guys are 4's that score.......Knicks don't need a guy that is just athletic. They need a guy that can flat out score the basketball from the power fwd spot.

If they have that they don't need a clunky center taking up space like Dampier. Nazr is perfect because Nazr bangs and won't clog the lane looking to block shots. Nazr is not Kevin Garnett but he's more athletic then alot of centers out there. Nazr does his job around the basket without taking away from the other players.

The shooting guards spot has more than a few guys out there. Knicks could Bank on DeMarr playing well or they can hunt down Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels, Quinten Richardson, or Stephen Jackson.

Knicks aren't that far off from being a good team.

Knicks just have to get more talent and insurance just in case some guys get hurt.

C-Nazr
Pf-Jaimison, Walker, Rahim or Brand
SF-Tim
sg-Stephen Jackson,Quinten, Marquis, Howard
pg-Steph

add Houston who might not be ready for the start of the season.
Sweetney, Penny, Moochie, Demarr, Baker(league minimum)

Not bad.....

If they get a good training camp and gel with two up grades at the 4 and 2 spot the Knicks will be right there
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Dream Lineup

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy