[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Okur-ed to me.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2004  2:15 PM
Salt Lake is like no other place I have ever been in this country. Except for Boston perhaps.

Lets just say lack of racial diversity makes the demographics interesting.

Karl Malone was a self professed red neck. He is very funny about it. His relationship was often not easy in salt lake. It was not racism, but he feels he was not always apprciated.

Race should no matter in salt lake, but it does. Not everyone is morman mind you.

Portland is not that diversified either, but its a liberal city very open to cutlure. Lets just say Portland is cool compared to Salt lake.

Im not saying its a discriminitory thing with Salt Lake, they just don't take much to people not like themselves.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/18/2004  2:24 PM
That's what I was trying to say. I don't think it's a coincidence that every year they have the most white players. Though that number is 3-4, it's alwasy 2-3 more than almost all other teams.

Look at the Knicks with Marbury. Getting him led to a boom in ticket sales and advertising, simply b/c he was from NY and NYers wanted to see him in a Knicks uni.

I don't think it's that much different, you have to cater to your fan base. If your fan base is 99% white (I'm not even making that number up, if there were more than 5% of non-Caucasian fans I'd be shocked) then you should bring in a few white guys. It's business.
#Knickstaps
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2004  11:24 PM
Boston kept it pretty light for a while and has a reputation of not being great to its minority players.

Bottom line is winning. Winning has no color!

I think a great player rises above color regardless of where he is. Even Barkley rose above that barrier. He is a fool in everyones eyes!
Okur-ed to me.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy