[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Larry Brown brainlock?
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
5/16/2004  1:04 PM
Why is it that this "great" game coach can't seem to find the right players to put in the game from his own bench? Mehmet Okur sat on the bench throughout the triple overtime game and Eldon Campbell, who is 7 foot tall and would have created major matchup problems for the Nets who had lost Martin, Collins, etc to fouling out, was allowed to spoil on the bench. Who does Larry genius put in the game? Darvin Ham who is offensively challenged and promptly missed a layup upon being put in the game. Okur has bigtime offensive skills and it leaves me to wonder if maybe Okur did something to get on Larry's bad side as he is known for putting players in his doghouse.
In the bigger picture, this "great" coach had a two game lead on the Nets and may now lose 4 games in a row, to a coach no less who he deemed unworthy of coaching the Nets in Lawrence Frank.
Finally, Brown is overrated. He got one team to the finals in his career, Iverson's Sixers, and still he is regarded as this elite coach. I don't see it. Win a championship please sometime soon. He is right there with Geoge Karl and Rick Adelman as far as I am concerned. Yet he is mentioned oftentimes with Phil Jackson and Pat Riley as one of the greats. Don't think so. Maybe he is cooperative with the media and so they pay him back by fawning over him. Let's not forget how Rick Carlisle took him apart last year with a Piston team most people agree was not nearly as talented as his Sixers team. So somebody tell me what Larry is doing that is so great over the years. One college championship with Kansas doesn't make him this bigtime winner.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
Larry Brown brainlock?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy