[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson: "I would leave today [if I were Carmelo]"...
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/25/2014  11:06 AM
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SlimChin wrote:they'll win it all?!? this sounds like a statement from someone whose watched 1 rocket game. it won't work IMO because Harden like Melo needs the ball in his hands. Harden's a terrible defender and Melo's marginally better on D. and as talented as Dwight is, he's mentally weak. Harden can change his game and mature as a player since he's only 24 but that might take some time that melo doesn't have.

rockets don't need another ball hog, they need a facilitator like Rondo.

also they need to fire coach Mchale. he's not the brightest coach.

Rondo is not a fit. They need they guards to be able to hit the 3.

Dragic and/or Lowry would have been perfect. Morey screwed up big time on them.

no they don't they have Parsons whose a decent 3pt shooter as well as other chuckers like Garcia

Not sure what you are saying

they don't need a guard that's able to hit 3s because...
Parsons can hit the 3. Harden can hit the 3. they have guys coming off the bench that hit 3s.

If Melo goes to the Rockets their current starting five would be perfect. You would ask Harden to be more of a passing PG on offense. They run a lot of 1-2 PnR with Harden and Lin/Parsons. Imagine running the same with Harden and Melo? That would cause a lot of mismatches on switches. That is their main offense in the half court. They also do a lot of high post type of plays which would be perfect for Melo.

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/25/2014  11:13 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SlimChin wrote:they'll win it all?!? this sounds like a statement from someone whose watched 1 rocket game. it won't work IMO because Harden like Melo needs the ball in his hands. Harden's a terrible defender and Melo's marginally better on D. and as talented as Dwight is, he's mentally weak. Harden can change his game and mature as a player since he's only 24 but that might take some time that melo doesn't have.

no they don't they have Parsons whose a decent 3pt shooter as well as other chuckers like Garcia

Parsons can hit the 3. Harden can hit the 3. they have guys coming off the bench that hit 3s.

If Melo goes to the Rockets their current starting five would be perfect. You would ask Harden to be more of a passing PG on offense. They run a lot of 1-2 PnR with Harden and Lin/Parsons. Imagine running the same with Harden and Melo? That would cause a lot of mismatches on switches. That is their main offense in the half court. They also do a lot of high post type of plays which would be perfect for Melo.

I do agree that it would be a good fit but I don't think they will run those plays for/with Melo.

They would try to use him like coach k did and like mda wanted to.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
4/25/2014  11:52 AM
This is one of the worst organizations in pro sports. His legacy isn't going to really take a hit if he leaves and wins. Lebron was the most hated player in the league for one season, he won a title now he is universally loved.

This ****ing organization gave Novak 16MM seriously? Tyson Chandler was not more valuable than an amnesty. A first round pick for Bargs. Novice people making decisions year after year in the front office.

You think Kobe is going to win in this situation they are virtually the same player. Melo with Shaq or Gasol, Bynum, Odom? I don't love Melo by any means, but you need the right coach and the right talent. Not his fault Woodsen burned him into the ground this season and he had nothing left in the tank.

I would get out of here as well. No need to deal with NY media and ownership

mreinman

4/25/2014  12:04 PM
MS wrote:This is one of the worst organizations in pro sports. His legacy isn't going to really take a hit if he leaves and wins. Lebron was the most hated player in the league for one season, he won a title now he is universally loved.

This ****ing organization gave Novak 16MM seriously? Tyson Chandler was not more valuable than an amnesty. A first round pick for Bargs. Novice people making decisions year after year in the front office.

You think Kobe is going to win in this situation they are virtually the same player. Melo with Shaq or Gasol, Bynum, Odom? I don't love Melo by any means, but you need the right coach and the right talent. Not his fault Woodsen burned him into the ground this season and he had nothing left in the tank.

Agree with most of what you said.

Forget about the amnesty, no teams (except maybe 1) thought that Chandler was worth what we paid him. Who were we competing against? Now throw in the amnesty on top of that and start the season with T effin D as our PG on an MDA team. GENIUS!

And, Melo and Kobe offensively are extremely similar offensively statistics wise. However, there is no comparison defensively.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/25/2014  12:07 PM
mreinman wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I do agree that it would be a good fit but I don't think they will run those plays for/with Melo.

It would be a mixture of both plus Melo handling the PnR himself with Howard giving Harden some more spot up opportunities. I also think they would need a different coach. Also, how funny would it be if Harden taught Melo how to sell the calls and Melo starts going to the line every time his head band is knocked sideways?

mreinman

4/25/2014  12:28 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

It would be a mixture of both plus Melo handling the PnR himself with Howard giving Harden some more spot up opportunities. I also think they would need a different coach. Also, how funny would it be if Harden taught Melo how to sell the calls and Melo starts going to the line every time his head band is knocked sideways?

Melo is a better shooter that Harden and Harden is much better at getting to the line (and knocking down FT's). Melo should be the spot up and it would help his longevity instead of getting beat up inside. If Melo were to handle the ball more, it would be nice if he made moves with the goal to pass not shoot. Actually his last year with MDA, he was passing much better. Absolutely no reason why he does not average 4-5 assists. Is KLove a "better" passer than him? Or is he just a more willing passer.

Don't think Melo is agile enough to sell those call and if he tried he would probably hurt himself.

McHale is hated in Houston, MDA would be a much better fit (how funny would that be?). Fred Hoiberg?

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/25/2014  2:20 PM
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
SlimChin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Houston needs a defender on the wing, carmelo don't fit that description.. sorry oscar

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/25/2014  2:26 PM
MS wrote:This is one of the worst organizations in pro sports. His legacy isn't going to really take a hit if he leaves and wins. Lebron was the most hated player in the league for one season, he won a title now he is universally loved.

good points, but part of this current culture is one in which carmelo has helped create.. oscar didn't mention that.. Carmelo knew when he came here the knicks were going to trade all of their asseets... how in his mind could he figure the knicks would be good unless he felt he was just that good... this is why some say he is so self absorbed.. he is not a victim here, and although I agree he should go and want him gone, NY can't build a winner with him here, sucking up a huge part of the cap and bringing only scoring to the table.. it will serve both parties best if he goes... as you said, this organization is a joke.. hopefully dolan keeps to his word and let phil do his job.. and lets hope phil is a quick learner as an exec... this isn't going to be an easy task...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/25/2014  3:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:Would love to hear that interview. Do you have a link?

What the hell does this Oscar Melo-Lover Wiener know anyway ?

Considered the greatest of all time before MJ came along...Averaged a triple double for an entire season..Yeah, what does he know...

you know that was sarcasm on my part right?

use the smilies, bro. I sensed the sarcasm and possibly the baiting as well, huh?

jrodmc
USA
4/25/2014  3:49 PM
fishmike wrote:Big O's comments were apros pos. Last year is a perfect example. Knicks win Atlantic, advance in playoffs and come Pacer's series you have Tyson, Amare, JR, Kidd... good for like $40 million who totally tank in the series and its "we cant advance with Melo as the alpha dog"

Its stupid. If he stays I actually give him more cred. Time will tell

And if he takes less, too? How will that be spun the wrong way?
"He's selfishly not moving on when we had the chance to rebuild!"
"Self-absorbed limelight hog who egotistically won't return to a small market team!"
"Just knew he couldn't share the ball in the NBA with someone the level of Rose or Harden!"

O's comments were right on, and one should think about averaging a triple double at 6'5" in a much smaller, less diluted league before questioning. We have our hopes pinned on another septuagenarian, fellas.

jrodmc
USA
4/25/2014  3:53 PM
SlimChin wrote:they'll win it all?!? this sounds like a statement from someone whose watched 1 rocket game. it won't work IMO because Harden like Melo needs the ball in his hands. Harden's a terrible defender and Melo's marginally better on D. and as talented as Dwight is, he's mentally weak.

And he's not that physically, either. Nary a full season out of the past 4. Not a great trend.

jrodmc
USA
4/25/2014  3:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
McHale is hated in Houston, MDA would be a much better fit (how funny would that be?). Fred Hoiberg?

MDA and DHow back together again! So was it actually Kobe that ran him out of LA?

mreinman

4/25/2014  4:00 PM
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:

MDA and DHow back together again! So was it actually Kobe that ran him out of LA?

Kobe is the ultimate coach killer. How many coaches has he gotten canned? 9?

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

4/26/2014  8:23 PM
HOF, Oscar need to respectively myob
Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson: "I would leave today [if I were Carmelo]"...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy