mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/25/2014  4:51 PM
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:and Guns.. Wade (like Melo) is a one and done playoff guy at best. Pair him with Shaq? Pretty good. Pair him with Lebron and Bosh? Pretty good. Too much luck and lucky timing.

Shaq was pretty awful for Miami in the playoffs. Wade carried that whole team.

Wade >>>>>>> Melo

Wade finished. Shaq carried the weight. Hard to compare Melo and Wade as Wade as played with Shaq, Lebron, Bosh, etc. Melo as played with Billups and Iverson... bit of a drop in running mates there. You could built title teams just with the guys Wade has had as teammates. Not going to even both starting a discussion that ends in more Melo dumping and a TFK/DK circle jerk. There are 45k other threads with that content. Lets see something else.

That Mia team was great. Yea... Wade was the best player and had a great playoff run.. but the rest of the team was NBA cast offs and retreads. The kind of team we might see and guys here are dead against. Pgs were white chocalate and a 50 year old Gary Payton. Antoine Walker was a big contributor. Shaq was still good for 18/10 and shot over 60%. Lot of old guys with playoff experience on that squad. Get ready for Phil to do the same here.

Kobe played with Shaq too, and he played with good shaq. Wades numbers are much better than Kobes and he was/is much more efficient. What is amazing is that he did this all with being a horrible 3 point shooter (which is incredible).

While many know he was great, Wade may still be the most underrated player of his time.

I dont think he's underrated. He was a beast at Marq. He's been in good situations in the NBA with guys like Shaq, the superfriends etc. He's also delivered. Guy is an incredible talent. He's done everything a HOF player should. And as great as he is he still needs other great players around him to win. When Wade's supporting cast was weak so were the Heat. Best guard since MJ a stretch maybe certainly one of the best. No doubt

Of course very team needs a good team to win. However, his team that won it all pre Lebron was not that good but he was incredible and played one of the best finals I have ever seen. He carried that team on his back.

Who was better than him (or close) post jordan? Maybe Nash?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/26/2014  10:26 PM
I wonder if Phil brings in Darius Morris. I think minimally Morris is a better prospect then Murry.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/28/2014  9:47 AM
Dagger wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I guess we shall see. The early returns are hardly overwhelmingly inspiring:

My PJax What To Do To Save The Knicks List:
1) Sign Oh!Damm!
2) Talk to Metta.
3) Fire the Walking Dead Coaching Staff.
4) Ask these loser players what they think (while looking actually interested).
5) Send Steve Kerr a HelloKitty card with pics of Jeannie inside.
6) Look at the floor when asked about Jimmie.
7) Look everyone in the eye when asked about Melo.
8) Make sure everyone knows I'm a better coach than Pop ever was (or could be).

I just don't understand posts like this. The guy has barely been with the team for a month and carries an enormous legacy behind him, and the same people that were waving the homer flags and praising Melo during our first round exits are now on the edges of their seats trying to tear Phil down. So you support the team through the **** times, but then, once things look up, you look for the first opportunity to complain and moan? It's like these people are allergic to a winning culture.

As for your list half of that stuff is just Phil doing his due diligence with absolutely no drawbacks. The other half is nonsensical. As for number 8, he did not criticize Pop in any way and he complimented San Antonio, it was hardly a big jab. When he says they are not exactly a dynasty it's coming from the mouth of a man that has 3-peated 3 separate times with two different teams. Let that sink in, PHIL JACKSON HAS 3-PEATED 3 DIFFERENT TIMES. Do you understand the weight of that fact? I don't care who your players are, that is fantastic. If anyone can talk about dynasties it is Phil. And yet people are unhappy this is the man running the show.... Typical battered Knicks fan syndrome.

So you're you've painted your face with 13's and waved your foam Phil finger. Good for you.
Winning culture? We have a winning culture 1 month in? How did that come about, actually?

Due diligence? Signing Odom is due diligence with no drawbacks? Please tell me what you thought of the JR Smith signing. Or spending money on lil' brother Chris. If Grunny had signed the crackhead, what would you be typing? You sound like Phil could re-sign Chris Smith and you'd be okay with that.

As for number 8, you might want to stop your lips from moving and realize you just re-iterated my point. He pointed out during a conversation about why Melo should sacrafice for the team to an unrelated point about how San Tone is not a dynasty. Like he builds. ASK YOURSELF WHY IT WAS NECESSARY TO POINT THAT OUT. I'll give you a hint. EGO. Melo should sacrafice while I tell you about how great I am.

Please point out what's great about the early returns that has you creaming over this "winning culture" we have so far. I'm all for Phil, and no one was happier hearing Dolan talking about disappearing into the background.

think Phil is rebuilding? Suprised nobody mentioned this comment:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy