[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Young talent filtering into east
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2014  10:05 PM
We have seen the first signs of it with Washington. Now teams like Orlando Milwaukee Boston Detroit will continue to stockpile high caliber talent that is salary controlled + each tam is opening up just as much or more cap space than us. It will be very interesting how we go about things and how PJ puts the team together.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/23/2014  10:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:We have seen the first signs of it with Washington. Now teams like Orlando Milwaukee Boston Detroit will continue to stockpile high caliber talent that is salary controlled + each tam is opening up just as much or more cap space than us. It will be very interesting how we go about things and how PJ puts the team together.

Yes. No way Phil will be dumb enough or pressured to sign melo to the Max.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/23/2014  10:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:We have seen the first signs of it with Washington. Now teams like Orlando Milwaukee Boston Detroit will continue to stockpile high caliber talent that is salary controlled + each tam is opening up just as much or more cap space than us. It will be very interesting how we go about things and how PJ puts the team together.

just think Briggs, orlando will have two lottery picks this draft.. Their own and either the knicks or Denver, whichever is lower.. either way, they will add two talented youngins to that team with some good young talent on it already..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/23/2014  11:24 PM
The talent is always there, teams just never quite put it together. Remember when Brandon Jennings got drafted by Milwaukee? They were considered an up and coming contender after his rookie year, then fell apart. Indiana is looking like they have already maxed out. Teams like Cleveland and Detroit have been stockpiling high picks forever and can't turn the corner. It's easy to get excited about lottery talent, but odds are slim these young teams pan out.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/24/2014  6:06 AM
tkf wrote:

just think Briggs, orlando will have two lottery picks this draft.. Their own and either the knicks or Denver, whichever is lower.. either way, they will add two talented youngins to that team with some good young talent on it already..

Same with Philly who also have MCW and Noel already

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/24/2014  6:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:The talent is always there, teams just never quite put it together. Remember when Brandon Jennings got drafted by Milwaukee? They were considered an up and coming contender after his rookie year, then fell apart. Indiana is looking like they have already maxed out. Teams like Cleveland and Detroit have been stockpiling high picks forever and can't turn the corner. It's easy to get excited about lottery talent, but odds are slim these young teams pan out.

Well said, out of all these teams 2 of them will probably turn out really good. The rest will be rebuilding again in 4 yrs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/24/2014  8:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  8:47 AM
Knixkik wrote:The talent is always there, teams just never quite put it together. Remember when Brandon Jennings got drafted by Milwaukee? They were considered an up and coming contender after his rookie year, then fell apart. Indiana is looking like they have already maxed out. Teams like Cleveland and Detroit have been stockpiling high picks forever and can't turn the corner. It's easy to get excited about lottery talent, but odds are slim these young teams pan out.
Id ade places with those teams right now because they have good young talent, draft picks and salary cap space. I understand people ahte "rebuild" but to be fair te Knicks have been in worse shape te past 15 years by tading away draft picks/young alent for aging overpaid stars
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2014  9:00 AM

History does not repeat. The system is the lower teams get better picks.

Washington went a bit more veteran to get to playoffs after the yoot movement was not working. Take young assets and they can become trade fodder to upgrade is always an option.

PJ is not to offer Melo Max because the market for that is not there. He won't get max money from us or anyone else.

Lakers screwed themselves with Kobes contract. Kobe will get his money but has to shut up about Lakers "Making moves". He took the paycheck which is ok, but just be quiet about it.

Knixkik
USA
4/24/2014  10:49 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Id ade places with those teams right now because they have good young talent, draft picks and salary cap space. I understand people ahte "rebuild" but to be fair te Knicks have been in worse shape te past 15 years by tading away draft picks/young alent for aging overpaid stars

Teams like Milwaukee, Minn, Sac, Charlotte, Wash, Cleveland, Detroit, and the list goes on have had young talent, draft picks, and cap space every season, it doesn't mean they will ever be any good.

Knixkik
USA
4/24/2014  10:50 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Well said, out of all these teams 2 of them will probably turn out really good. The rest will be rebuilding again in 4 yrs.

People just get so caught up in young talent and draft picks, its mind-bloggling. The majority of those teams just spin their wheeles every few years.

tkf
4/24/2014  11:03 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

People just get so caught up in young talent and draft picks, its mind-bloggling. The majority of those teams just spin their wheeles every few years.

or maybe you are crapping on the process because the knicks have never had the smarts to take that route and stick to it..

is portland spinning their wheels? the clippers, the wizards? the bobcats?

how do you get the lebrons and the wades' and the kevin loves, and lillards? come on now..

The majority of the teas are not spinning their wheels but are winning.. tell me, how have the knicks method served them?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/24/2014  11:06 AM
tkf wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

or maybe you are crapping on the process because the knicks have never had the smarts to take that route and stick to it..

is portland spinning their wheels? the clippers, the wizards? the bobcats?

how do you get the lebrons and the wades' and the kevin loves, and lillards? come on now..

The majority of the teas are not spinning their wheels but are winning.. tell me, how have the knicks method served them?

Exactly

tkf
4/24/2014  11:33 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
tkf wrote:

good point, very good point..

tkf
4/24/2014  11:34 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

very well put..

tkf
4/24/2014  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  11:46 AM
Knixkik wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Teams like Milwaukee, Minn, Sac, Charlotte, Wash, Cleveland, Detroit, and the list goes on have had young talent, draft picks, and cap space every season, it doesn't mean they will ever be any good.

washington is good, so is charlotte those teams are improved and playing playoff ball.. cleveland and detroit are pretty much on our level as far as quality of play... but those teams have young talent, upside and picks.. do you think we are we are in better shape than they are..

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2014  12:02 PM
tkf wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
tkf wrote:

So what are you saying?

Are you flip flopping? Can you clarify?

High draft picks are the reward for a lost season. They can be great assets. They can be wasted (see Bargs, Curry).

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
4/24/2014  1:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  1:18 PM
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
tkf wrote:

So what are you saying?

High draft picks are the reward for a lost season. They can be great assets. They can be wasted (see Bargs, Curry).

I will glady clarify, thanks for asking... I am not for teams intentionally tanking to win the lottery, I call them losers.. just like in life.. I work every day, have my own business as well, and I play the lottery.. you see I am not waiting for the lottery to improve my position in life, but If I hit it, then I call that reward or good karma for working hard and doing things the right way..

those who sit around , do nothing and spend their grocery money hoping to hit the lottery.. well that is a losers mentality..

you can apply that here in the NBA.. play to win, if in your hard work, you don't make the playoffs then you get the reward of the lottery, for example the suns....

You see fish, how simple that is.. no flip flopping.. I stand by what I say..

or they can be great assets... wall, lillard, durant, lebron, etc..... funny how the cavs tried hard and tanked to get lebron... then he leaves them high and dry a some years later... Karma....

I hope teams like the suns get a high pick...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/24/2014  1:41 PM
I'm a big fan of tanking
tkf
4/24/2014  1:47 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I'm a big fan of tanking

really? not me.. I am a fan of playing hard, and if you lose, then so be it...

which is why I say change the lottery proceedure..

but i see what you are saying, tanking takes advantage of a flawed lottery system. and in a world of the haves and have nots, come drafting I guess you want to be part of the haves.. LOL

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2014  1:51 PM
tkf wrote:
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
tkf wrote:

So what are you saying?

I will glady clarify, thanks for asking... I am not for teams intentionally tanking to win the lottery, I call them losers.. just like in life.. I work every day, have my own business as well, and I play the lottery.. you see I am not waiting for the lottery to improve my position in life, but If I hit it, then I call that reward or good karma for working hard and doing things the right way..

those who sit around , do nothing and spend their grocery money hoping to hit the lottery.. well that is a losers mentality..

you can apply that here in the NBA.. play to win, if in your hard work, you don't make the playoffs then you get the reward of the lottery, for example the suns....

You see fish, how simple that is.. no flip flopping.. I stand by what I say..

or they can be great assets... wall, lillard, durant, lebron, etc..... funny how the cavs tried hard and tanked to get lebron... then he leaves them high and dry a some years later... Karma....

I hope teams like the suns get a high pick...

no thats cool.. you stand by your love for Gallo also. I can see its working well for you

Funny I agree though. Build to win. Draft is there to help teams that suck by giving them a better chance to add talent. Teams will always tank regardless.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Young talent filtering into east

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy