[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ny sportswriter Frank Isola is becoming the 'Heel' of local sports media journalism
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

4/23/2014  7:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  7:38 PM

Yep,
I've corresponded before to Isola on his sports newspaper email, always liked him no prob.,
But I do not know what's up with Frank these past few yrs, now he is a shark and all anti Knicks people.

I dont say he is not offbase for peculiar ways Knicks honchos run their knick bizness...

However frank all ain't right either and I fully agree with wfan Mr Francesca whom states we can only believes when
Phil Jackson comments & take him for his word.

This is regardless on stories true or false on Knicks misfortunes And on Phil Jackson ongoing whom seem like they wont let
Action Jackson catch a breathe around here with all the Isola, J.Dolan and knick haters negativity i.e. Mike Lupica, NBA analysts.

Can I blame Mike? Who says regarding reports already on Dolan's meddling with Phil's firings what make you think Jackson is lying
About Dolan has been true and loyal to his word Jackson got full control on knick basketball matters, changes to improve club to
Make a winner.

Back to Mr Isola , theses guys hate Nyk and can't wait to start mess with their stories...
Ian O'Connor,Lupica... whom cares? Jackson and Dolan not seeing eye to eye on personnel matters.

Jackson is here doing what he is paid for.
We'll be fine

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
4/23/2014  8:23 PM
Add Lupica to this. These guys just try to make crap up to sell papers.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/23/2014  8:28 PM
yea but its worse with the daily news because its personal between them and dolan
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/24/2014  3:54 AM
Wasn't there that story a few years ago where Mark Zuckerberg had said if Dolan bought/sold something to him, he would stop the negative attacks on Dolan? Or did I imagine that?
JonsTintedTails
Member: #852
USA
4/24/2014  8:24 AM
I don't have an issue with Isola. He is one funny follow on Twitter.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2014  8:36 AM
This article I don't understand. The guy cries that the Knicks are managed poorly under Dolan yet the first chance he has to get at Jackson--he takes it. Why because Phil wants him to take less for the team? Makes 0 sense to bash.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2014  9:07 AM
Isola rips Phil for calling out Melo publicly on his own words of taking a pay cut to build a winner, but blasts Phil for taking $10mm a year plus. Helllllo... I wasnt aware there was a salary cap for the front office.

Keeping MElo's salary reasonable allows Knicks to sign max guys end of next year if they go that route, but could also impact our use of MLE once we cap out again, and can be significant especially if we are looking to lure over veteran guys or prospects from overseas. Prigs and Mosgov were excellent signings as example.

Its like speaking to hear yourself talk

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

4/24/2014  9:12 AM
agree
all very good points

Isola seems to want be Knick fan/ objective journalist and Knick BASHER of negative stories
for his Newspapers and he cannot have it both ways.

We all dont care for JDolan whom is bending a bit to improve team by taking on the brash Phil Jackson
but we all are positive here & at the point of Knick organization causing the team to sink this season
we have nothing to lose now with Jackson. He can only help and since 1st time NBA president expresses
his love for NY and Red Holzman I got to believe Jackson aint fake , with his feelings to come into this mess.

With bad contracts coming off the books end onf 2015 where NY may be one of top 3 or 4 attractive
places for FA's and stars to consider coming, I feel at my old' age that is quite an exciting thought!

Frankie Isola need to concentrate on pending Knicks fortunes $$ with cap money in 1-2 yrs
and dwell on the positives of a Knick rising , once Dolan stays clear of NYK-basketball bizness which Phil J. says
he has loyally!

Why ? or what would Phil got to gain by lying in those remarks about his boss Dolan?
I gotta believe the only truths we'll get over summer and until camp 2014/15 is Phil Jackson

Not Frank Isola
Not Lupica whom is already writing about Phil J. taking a deal in 1-2 yrs to get out of pending failed mess

Lupica is a SOB, he wants folks calling his Espn show WHOM ALL AGree with his stale 'as_s and give his points
more credential that insecure SOB

I always liked Lupica and few books, but he is getting senile! Frank Isola dont let yourself become senile too! your too young

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/24/2014  9:24 AM
NYK failures make for good headlines and these Newspaper cronies love it when turmoil exists. They go out of their way to fabricate stories to sell papers. Guys like Isola make it tough for team unity to exist. They have their agenda of divide and conquer.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2014  10:03 AM
Vmart wrote:NYK failures make for good headlines and these Newspaper cronies love it when turmoil exists. They go out of their way to fabricate stories to sell papers. Guys like Isola make it tough for team unity to exist. They have their agenda of divide and conquer.
that and Dolan's insane media policy. If you dont give media normal outlets I guess they make stuff up
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/24/2014  10:31 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:NYK failures make for good headlines and these Newspaper cronies love it when turmoil exists. They go out of their way to fabricate stories to sell papers. Guys like Isola make it tough for team unity to exist. They have their agenda of divide and conquer.
that and Dolan's insane media policy. If you dont give media normal outlets I guess they make stuff up

I understand what Dolan is trying to do he is trying to keep the Media guys away from the players. There is a good reason for it. All you need is one players ear to mess with the team dynamics from the outside. That is why they have a PR guy running around with the team so the players don't say anything stupid and also to prevent media cronies into goading the players into stupid replies that can prove detrimental to team harmony. You have to picture a bunch of vultures circling the team looking for any slip ups. Not all of these guys are like Jeter and give the standard answers.

I like information like the next guy but I want peace of mind for the team that I root for, that is more important to me as it can only enhance winning.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2014  10:43 AM
Reading Isola "Calling out Melo" seems harsh. When you watch the video of what he said, and how he said it it was no where near as harsh as its being portrayed. Seems like Frank is really stepping into the gutter these days scraping. I doubt Melo gets his info via the Media.

The whole Medical staff thing is blown out line, and if Dolan wants Herb around in some capacity IM sure they can figure out something reasonalble for him to do.

in his piece today Isola ignorantly parallels PHils salary to Melo. Phils does not count against the cap!
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-jax-power-play-melo-prove-costly-article-1.1767122

Clean
Member: #743
4/24/2014  12:48 PM
Nalod wrote:Reading Isola "Calling out Melo" seems harsh. When you watch the video of what he said, and how he said it it was no where near as harsh as its being portrayed. Seems like Frank is really stepping into the gutter these days scraping. I doubt Melo gets his info via the Media.

The whole Medical staff thing is blown out line, and if Dolan wants Herb around in some capacity IM sure they can figure out something reasonalble for him to do.

in his piece today Isola ignorantly parallels PHils salary to Melo. Phils does not count against the cap!
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-jax-power-play-melo-prove-costly-article-1.1767122

No wonder Dolan does not let Isola have anything but basic access. Phil basically said he hopes melo keeps his promise and these guys twist it into something negative. I would give the media the Rasheed Wallace treatment.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2014  2:36 PM
Knicks in reality have not been very good or trustworthy to be offered the benefit of the doubt. The media if used well can be a great asset to an NBA team.

Phil seems to be trying to repair. Isola seems to be wanting to be noticed. Its about eyeballs and viewership not accuracy. Isola presents his opinion. Fans don't have to eat it as fact.

Dolan has earned the scorn of guys like Isola. only way to shut guys like him up is to Win, have integrity, and have some transparency. Things the knicks have not done in some time!!!!

As head of basketball operations Phil might be trying to win back the media a bit.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/24/2014  3:25 PM
Isola wrote articles a few weeks ago blasting Phil for not speaking to the media, today he writes an article blasting Phil for speaking to the media, regarding re-signing Melo. He's obviously getting directed by either the papers owner or editor to keep pumping out Knick and Phil bashing articles.
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/24/2014  4:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:Isola wrote articles a few weeks ago blasting Phil for not speaking to the media, today he writes an article blasting Phil for speaking to the media, regarding re-signing Melo. He's obviously getting directed by either the papers owner or editor to keep pumping out Knick and Phil bashing articles.

his articles reads like a bitter chick going through a divorce

ES
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
4/24/2014  9:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  9:11 PM
Any serious Jet fans in here know Manish Mehta is basically the same way (worse in imo) and also happens to work for the NYDN.

They both get boxed out by the org's PR people and they're basically now writing for their jobs, as evidenced by reading that vitriol. Isola at least has been getting TV appearances, so maybe it'll become his fall back if the Knicks turn things around and he ends up losing credibility like Manish has been for some time now.

I think most in the industry find these guys' work laughable.

Ny sportswriter Frank Isola is becoming the 'Heel' of local sports media journalism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy