[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tyreke Evans perfect triangle PG 6-6 225
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/22/2014  12:27 PM

Watch this video. Ive always liked Tyreke and through injury problems and playing out of position--I dont think we have seen what I believe can be a FIRST team all NBA PG type potential. While he isnt the best shooter--he gets into the paint at will. Hes a great ballhandler a solid wiling passer with good vision a very solid rebounder who can ignite fast breaks. NO paid him 10mm to be "James Harden like 6th man" but hes not--hes not that type of shooter. Hes a playmaker and he would be great here--with Melo or WITHOUT Melo. Hes 24 years old. I cannot see NO keeping so much $ in Holiday Evans and Gordon --I dont even see how they keep Hoilday Evans--theyre both PG's. Theyve struggled to find a C all year--we have a match --we'll take Tyreke as our new PG and they can have Tyson Chandler--I think its a deal that could be very beneficial for both teams.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
4/22/2014  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  12:37 PM
I think Rodney Stuckey would be a safer and less costly pick up.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/22/2014  12:37 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Watch this video. Ive always liked Tyreke and through injury problems and playing out of position--I dont think we have seen what I believe can be a FIRST team all NBA PG type potential. While he isnt the best shooter--he gets into the paint at will. Hes a great ballhandler a solid wiling passer with good vision a very solid rebounder who can ignite fast breaks. NO paid him 10mm to be "James Harden like 6th man" but hes not--hes not that type of shooter. Hes a playmaker and he would be great here--with Melo or WITHOUT Melo. Hes 24 years old. I cannot see NO keeping so much $ in Holiday Evans and Gordon --I dont even see how they keep Hoilday Evans--theyre both PG's. Theyve struggled to find a C all year--we have a match --we'll take Tyreke as our new PG and they can have Tyson Chandler--I think its a deal that could be very beneficial for both teams.

he has the type of game where he will be traded frequently. he is overpaid right now and he should not be taking more than 10 shots a game, and also focus on improving his defense.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
I like Evans but I feel you can get Mayo for a lot less.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
Anji wrote:I think Rodney Stuckey would be a safer and less cost pick up.

no way

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/22/2014  12:42 PM
he shot .221% from the 3 pt line this past season. I think the one thing that Phil's PGs have always done is shoot from the outside.

Now- he might be the best player/contract we can get for Chandler or whoever else we trade - but honest, at that point, I say pass.

NardDogNation
Member: #5555

4/22/2014  12:42 PM
He's injury prone. He's inefficient. He's shown no ability to be able to move without the ball. He's an excellent ball handler but can't go left to save his life. If Phil vouches for him, then I'd welcome him but I'm very skeptical of Evans' ability to succeed as a core player on any team (especially in the triangle). For all his talent, he seems like the quintessential "skilled but low bball IQ" player. Historically, those guys don't work out well long-term.

Whatever the case may be, I do not want to trade Tyson for another team's headache. He has actual trade value and we need to save him for a certifiable asset. The only way I'd consider moving Tyson to them is if they included Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon in the deal; we could send back Tim Hardaway Jr, Jeremy Tyler, Cole Aldrich and contracts as well to balance it out. I would, however, consider Bargnani for Evans. They are of the same ilk of player: overpaid, injury-prone and consistently underperforming. No harm, no foul there.

NardDogNation

4/22/2014  12:44 PM
Anji wrote:I think Rodney Stuckey would be a safer and less costly pick up.

I agree with you 100%. We could get him for our MLE. Even so, I still like OJ Mayo best for the position.

NardDogNation

4/22/2014  12:53 PM
In a 4:45 minute video, Tyreke went left only twice. Dude would get his ass shut down in the playoffs. He's a bench player at best. I do kinda like the idea of him as a 6th man at the PG and SF (ala Pippen) positions though. He can't be any worse than JR has been for us this season and likely next season with his money guaranteed.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/22/2014  1:30 PM
Knicks have to trade for Mayo and the Bucks shouldn't want anything to do with our guys
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/22/2014  1:39 PM
EnySpree wrote:Knicks have to trade for Mayo and the Bucks shouldn't want anything to do with our guys

They could shed a little salary and get rid of an malcontent. Depending on their draft I could see them getting rid of 3-4 players(Ilysova,Sanders, Mayo,& Delfino. If they gave me Middelton I wouldn't mind taking on Mayo and 'sova for Bargs. Keeps them very flexible going forward. They might can get a better deal but 'sova and Mayo contracts are pretty long and if they continue to keep them on that team their values will continue to drop.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/22/2014  1:53 PM
Divide his salary by ten and I'd happily welcome him
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/22/2014  1:57 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Divide his salary by ten and I'd happily welcome him

I doubt it, because you'd still have to watch him play.

NardDogNation

4/22/2014  2:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:Knicks have to trade for Mayo and the Bucks shouldn't want anything to do with our guys

I still think we could trade JR, Felton and Kenyon Martin to the Nets for Marcus Thornton's expirer. Jason Kidd played with those guys and could vouch for them and on top of that, he was the best of friends with Kenyon when they were with the Nets. Felton's overpaid, yes, but their owner has deep pockets and can swallow the $8 million he is owed. JR is JR but even at his worst, he is still a comparable player to Thornton; when he is "on" and focused, however, he can fool you into thinking that he is a star.

With Marcus Thornton's expirer, we could simply trade for Mayo outright. Thornton is a good scorer and can fill the void that Mayo would be leaving, while giving that franchise more cap flexibility.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
4/22/2014  6:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  6:29 PM
Don't Subscribe To Cablevision

When you watch too much cablevision, you think you are an amateur general manager.

When you think you are an amateur general manager, you think Tyreke Evans is an answer to the triangle.

If Tyreke Evans is a component on your triangle, you to directly to the lottery.

When you go to the lottery, people laugh hysterically at your favorite team.

When people laugh hysterically at your favorite team, women avoid having sex with you.

When you cannot have sex, you get frustrated and rob a bank.

When you rob a bank, you go to jail for 15 years and miss the Knicks Championship victory parade.

Don't miss the Knicks championship parade, don't talk about Tyreke Evans.

once a knick always a knick
H1AND1
Member: #5648

4/22/2014  6:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  6:40 PM
How is a PG who can't shoot a perfect fit for the triangle? Am I missing something isn't that one if the things a triangle PG MUST be able to do?

Beyond that Tyreke is massively overpaid and is exactly the type of flawed player the Knicks have typically gone after in bad move after bad move. Having potential (and he has potential, no doubt) is different than being a good player. Tyrekes numbers have gotten worse every year in the league. A couple months of good play a season doesn't change the overall trend and fact that he will likely never be worth his salary.

No way do I want this guy anywhere near the Knicks.

NardDogNation

4/22/2014  8:08 PM
misterearl wrote:Don't Subscribe To Cablevision

When you watch too much cablevision, you think you are an amateur general manager.

When you think you are an amateur general manager, you think Tyreke Evans is an answer to the triangle.

If Tyreke Evans is a component on your triangle, you to directly to the lottery.

When you go to the lottery, people laugh hysterically at your favorite team.

When people laugh hysterically at your favorite team, women avoid having sex with you.

When you cannot have sex, you get frustrated and rob a bank.

When you rob a bank, you go to jail for 15 years and miss the Knicks Championship victory parade.

Don't miss the Knicks championship parade, don't talk about Tyreke Evans.

Lol, ****ing hilarious. Great post.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/22/2014  11:14 PM
The best thing about Ty Evans is his measurements
Rose is not the answer.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

4/24/2014  12:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Now a Chandler for Holiday trade, I'd do in a NY minute. We should have picked him when he was available in his draft year. We would be much better off.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Tyreke Evans perfect triangle PG 6-6 225

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy