[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone else see Phil Jackson pull a Larry Brown?
Author Thread
JamesLin
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3944
USA
4/18/2014  3:40 PM
I don't know man. I like Phil, but he's never been a rebuilder and god knows we need to rebuild although we won't have much room for that until 2015-16 season. I don't see Jimmy Dol let Phil do whatever he wants. I have a feeling Jimmy Dol is gonna pull a quick one comes trade deadline and gets Phil mad. Then Phil will be a threat to Jimmy Dol's ego and eventually be on the brink of getting fired by our lovely and smart owner and Phil will publicly announce his 'retirement' due to health situation. I could be way too worried, but ....
Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/18/2014  3:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  3:47 PM
Walsh talked Dolan into a 4 year plan, i'm pretty sure a 1-year plan is no big deal. The goal is for Phil to use his presence to attract the top FAs and he will do a much better job at that than Walsh ever did. Walsh is obviously a great GM, but doesn't have the presence Phil does, and thats what is needed to build the Knicks. His money needs to be made the way Riley makes his, convincing big time guys to come for less money. Maybe we can grab P Gasol for cheap this summer and M Gasol next season along with a top PG. That is what Phil can do here.
Dagger
Member: #4184

4/19/2014  8:14 PM
I disagree, this is Phil Jackson, Dolan will have to listen.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/19/2014  9:14 PM
I will not be surprised if Phil does not make it through 4 years. I'm thinking 2 could be all.

There is something about this organization that eats good men and drives them insane...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2014  9:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  8:32 PM
He will make it through 5+ I expect to be competitive by year 4 and competitive by years 2-3 and contending by year 4-5 If Melo is traded for picks and assets and the process is sped up. Or Melo signs a reasonable deal that allows a rebuild on the fly
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2014  11:08 PM
You guys are damaged!

First off Phil is not a rebuilder because he has never done this job before! Not a rebuilder, not a instant guy, not a drafter expert, not a trade expert, he is a rookie at the the job!

He is a winner with superior communications skills. He comes at a high price for dolan. There was a plan, there is a vision. We are just not privy to it.

Will it work? Nothing is certain!

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

4/20/2014  9:10 AM
Phil jax is here to do the zen thing and slap people around
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
JamesLin
Member: #3944
USA
4/23/2014  12:41 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Phil jax is here to do the zen thing and slap people around

You can't slap the boss around, even if the boss deserved to be. Jimmy Dol already tried to stop Phil firing all the coaching staff.. now that Phil done the deed, guess how long Jimmy will tolerate Phil? Remember, he only hired Phil because Knicks fans/season ticket holders are furious. Pat Riley tried to overtake the organization back then, but of course, nobody, especially Grunfeld, would allow that, and I'm pretty sure Jimmy Dol wouldn't know what to do. Now here's Phil, on a bigger seat he's never sat on before, commanding power on personnel and executive decisions... I don't see this Vegas wedding last long.. especially when Phil realizes to change this organization will require a new owner.

Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/23/2014  12:56 PM
Let me ask all the fear mongers in Knick Fandom, how long has it been since we've seen a man come in and wipe the entire staff clean like this? Phil has already made a huge difference. He's already brought in Clarence Gaines Jr. and you can imagine how much different this franchise is gonna be as Phil continues to put experience and serious BB minds around him. He's never had a lack of pure BB minds surrounding him.

For those who think he's simply a novice and doesn't have any idea of how this is done, they need to remember that he's watched and talked with some of the best GM's in the business over his career. He had to have learned an immense amount from those execs over the years. Just listen to him talk and you can tell he's thought of all the aspects of this job. He's got too much pride to jump into this without a lot of research and preparation.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2014  1:19 PM
I think that all fans and owner need to let Phil J work whatever he needs to do for the long term benefit of the team. The really good franchises have extended success and go into the season with the reality they can win it all. Its been 15 YEARS since we modeled ourselves that way. I accept what Phil does what ever that is and go with it--I really hope Dolan does to--what other road can Dolan do---fire a guy who just started???
RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/23/2014  2:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think that all fans and owner need to let Phil J work whatever he needs to do for the long term benefit of the team. The really good franchises have extended success and go into the season with the reality they can win it all. Its been 15 YEARS since we modeled ourselves that way. I accept what Phil does what ever that is and go with it--I really hope Dolan does to--what other road can Dolan do---fire a guy who just started???

I don't exactly understand your thought pattern here, but did you just seriously question Dolan's ability to do something incredibly stupid?

I will just keep replaying the tapes from Phil's hiring day over and over and concentrate on happy things...

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/23/2014  4:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:Walsh talked Dolan into a 4 year plan, i'm pretty sure a 1-year plan is no big deal. The goal is for Phil to use his presence to attract the top FAs and he will do a much better job at that than Walsh ever did. Walsh is obviously a great GM, but doesn't have the presence Phil does, and thats what is needed to build the Knicks. His money needs to be made the way Riley makes his, convincing big time guys to come for less money. Maybe we can grab P Gasol for cheap this summer and M Gasol next season along with a top PG. That is what Phil can do here.

why stop there.. we can grab lebron, and durant for the vet min..

I mean come on man.. seriously? guys in the NBA play for money.. as accomplished as phil is as a coach, guys are not coming here to be coached by phil. he is the GM, players will come here to get paid, if they don't get paid, they won't come.. that is how it has been here in NY.... Riley didn't convince lebron to come to miami.. Wade did... no wade, no lebron.. just that simple...

All we can hope is that phil will try.. and have a little luck on his side things work out... this league has some pretty sharp and accomplished GM's.. this is not going to be a cakewalk, his name is not going to carry him like some think.. he is going to have to work as hard as he ever has, to get NY to some level or respectability...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/23/2014  4:14 PM
Jedi Mind Tricks on Dolan is childs play for PHil. Larry had bad JUJU with Isiah, who whom "THE FORCE" is dark.

I heard from reliable sources that when PHil passes Dolan in the lobby Jimmy just blurts out his ATM password and Phil is smiling. Phil makes bets with whom ever he is with that he can make Jimmy do this.

Phil gets the private jet anytime, and got a swag penthouse on Central Park West without even asking. Dolan just gave it to him!!!

Phil wanted new medical staff but Knicks are part of MSG, not a seporate entitity. Phil did get a Shaman thought. He gets Phil his magic weed.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/23/2014  4:48 PM
tkf wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Walsh talked Dolan into a 4 year plan, i'm pretty sure a 1-year plan is no big deal. The goal is for Phil to use his presence to attract the top FAs and he will do a much better job at that than Walsh ever did. Walsh is obviously a great GM, but doesn't have the presence Phil does, and thats what is needed to build the Knicks. His money needs to be made the way Riley makes his, convincing big time guys to come for less money. Maybe we can grab P Gasol for cheap this summer and M Gasol next season along with a top PG. That is what Phil can do here.

why stop there.. we can grab lebron, and durant for the vet min..

I mean come on man.. seriously? guys in the NBA play for money.. as accomplished as phil is as a coach, guys are not coming here to be coached by phil. he is the GM, players will come here to get paid, if they don't get paid, they won't come.. that is how it has been here in NY.... Riley didn't convince lebron to come to miami.. Wade did... no wade, no lebron.. just that simple...

All we can hope is that phil will try.. and have a little luck on his side things work out... this league has some pretty sharp and accomplished GM's.. this is not going to be a cakewalk, his name is not going to carry him like some think.. he is going to have to work as hard as he ever has, to get NY to some level or respectability...

Good for us that Phil doesn't think it's gonna be a cakewalk either. PJax is very competitive and he's been thinking about this for a good while. I'm sure he's consulted every exec he knows about what it takes to be successful in this role. Does he stroke you as a man that ever does anything without research? I'm sure he's read everything he could find and observed much over the years.

Phil is the last man in the org that I'm worried about.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2014  4:52 PM
JamesLin wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Phil jax is here to do the zen thing and slap people around

You can't slap the boss around, even if the boss deserved to be. Jimmy Dol already tried to stop Phil firing all the coaching staff.. now that Phil done the deed, guess how long Jimmy will tolerate Phil? Remember, he only hired Phil because Knicks fans/season ticket holders are furious. Pat Riley tried to overtake the organization back then, but of course, nobody, especially Grunfeld, would allow that, and I'm pretty sure Jimmy Dol wouldn't know what to do. Now here's Phil, on a bigger seat he's never sat on before, commanding power on personnel and executive decisions... I don't see this Vegas wedding last long.. especially when Phil realizes to change this organization will require a new owner.

you couldnt be more wrong. Dolan has been working on getting Phil here for over a year. Your literally making stuff up to back up some idea you have in your head. Not sure what your MO is but do a little research amigo. They have been talking for along time
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/23/2014  8:17 PM
gunsnewing wrote:He will make it through 5+ I expect to be competitive by year 4 and contending by years 2-3 and contending by year 4-5 If Melo is traded for picks and assets and the process is sped up. Or Melo signs a reasonable deal that allows a rebuild on the fly

Papabear Says

If Phil keeps talking the way he is talking don't be surprised if Melo walks a tell Phil to kiss his azz. Phil may not last 2 years.

Papabear
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/23/2014  8:20 PM
nixluva wrote:Let me ask all the fear mongers in Knick Fandom, how long has it been since we've seen a man come in and wipe the entire staff clean like this? Phil has already made a huge difference. He's already brought in Clarence Gaines Jr. and you can imagine how much different this franchise is gonna be as Phil continues to put experience and serious BB minds around him. He's never had a lack of pure BB minds surrounding him.

For those who think he's simply a novice and doesn't have any idea of how this is done, they need to remember that he's watched and talked with some of the best GM's in the business over his career. He had to have learned an immense amount from those execs over the years. Just listen to him talk and you can tell he's thought of all the aspects of this job. He's got too much pride to jump into this without a lot of research and preparation.

Papabear Says

Phil has never had this post before and a post like this is very political and only time will tell.

Papabear
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2014  8:29 PM
Papabear wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:He will make it through 5+ I expect to be competitive by year 4 and contending by years 2-3 and contending by year 4-5 If Melo is traded for picks and assets and the process is sped up. Or Melo signs a reasonable deal that allows a rebuild on the fly

Papabear Says

If Phil keeps talking the way he is talking don't be surprised if Melo walks a tell Phil to kiss his azz. Phil may not last 2 years.

Melo hasn't won sht here. Either he believes in a man who has won 11 championships and is willing to take a little less or he doesn't. Phil Jackson is much more important to the Knicks than memo proven this year

RIP Crushalot😞
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/23/2014  10:25 PM
franco12 wrote:I will not be surprised if Phil does not make it through 4 years. I'm thinking 2 could be all.

There is something about this organization that eats good men and drives them insane...

well dolan is a malignant narcissist who alienates good people and attracts and enables bad people. look at how awful the garden has been portrayed. i think it's best to trust that when dolan willingly and gratefully cedes total control of basketball operations to jackson, that we will have a good chance to actually become relevant again at the least, and better still, a viable contender. a guy with 13 rings and two as a knick has a mandate from sensible people, and buys time from even the nincompoops. dolan and the stupid and impatient knick faithful will have to change-- not jackson.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/23/2014  10:29 PM
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

sounds like you want that to happen.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Anyone else see Phil Jackson pull a Larry Brown?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy