[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kerr "Expects" to be offered and accept the coaching job
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/18/2014  12:59 PM
Bull**** article....but if this is the case, I say we do it and lock things up immediately. Get the ball rolling right away.

http://teamstre.am/1nughaZ

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/18/2014  1:37 PM
I don't like him! Plus he has zero experience, and he never comes across as being particularly intelligent or having great insights when he's calling games. Will be kind of awkward him coaching Amar'e after throwing him under a bus at every opportunity the past few years.
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/18/2014  2:05 PM

Phil Jackson’s first real imprint on the Knicks organization will come when he names a new head coach or stuns the basketball world by retaining Mike Woodson. Among those waiting on the news is Steve Kerr, the former player and general manager-turned-broadcaster for TNT.

According to a source close to the situation, Kerr “absolutely expects” to be offered the job. “And if he’s offered the job, he’s definitely going to do it,” the source told The Post.

The Post has learned Kerr has had conversations with his bosses at Turner Sports about adjusting his schedule as an analyst during the upcoming playoffs should he be named the Knicks’ head coach.

Kerr’s name emerged as a top candidate based on his ties with Jackson. He was part of the Bulls’ three straight championship teams from 1996 to 1998 and the two have remained close. His knowledge of the triangle offense is said to be an asset.

Kerr might seem an unlikely choice considering he has no coaching experience. But that is becoming more common in the NBA. Mark Jackson went from broadcaster to first-time coach at Golden State, where the Warriors have made two straight playoff appearances. Go back a few years and Doc Rivers made a successful transition from analyst to coaching. Jason Kidd, who had no previous coaching experience, led the Nets to the playoffs in his first season.

Fellow TNT analyst Charles Barkley, though, didn’t exactly give Kerr a ringing endorsement and questioned what impact he could have.

“I just feel bad the way they treated Mike Woodson,” Barkley told The Post. “The Kerr thing could be interesting, but I don’t know what the player situation is. This league is about players, so it’s going to depend on what he has to work with. He’s not going to do anything better with this team.”

Woodson is expected to be fired with one year left on his contract after the Knicks failed to make the playoffs following a 54-win season last year. Everyone knows 37-45 wasn’t all his fault. The injuries and subpar performances have been well-chronicled.

But it’s troubling to hear Tyson Chandler talk on Thursday about how the Knicks need to establish a “winning culture” and Amar’e Stoudemire say some Knicks didn’t totally buy into the game plans and defensive strategies.
“Whatever it is, we have to stick to the game plan and try to master it,” Stoudemire said. He also said some players need to become more of “a pro.”

Woodson’s departure seemed inevitable until Carmelo Anthony spoke passionately on Thursday about his coach, saying: “I’ll back him if he needs my recommendation. I have nothing bad to say about Mike Woodson. I support him. I as a player had some of my best years under Mike Woodson.”

Jackson spent part of Thursday giving the Knicks one-on-one pep talks to soothe their bruised egos and encourage them to get better in preparation for next season. The next order of business should be naming his coach.

Regardless of who coaches the team, the Knicks’ top priority is to keep Anthony, who said he has plenty of questions that need to be answered before he decides his future. “This is not a decision that’s going to happen overnight,” he said.

Clearly, he doesn’t want to hear any talk that 2014-15 is going to be a wasted season to prepare for the 2015 free agency. Any notion otherwise might prompt Anthony to leave for a title contender.

“I feel like we gave away this year,” he said, adding, “I’m not at a point in my career where I want to rebuild.”

Barkley understands.

“Can he be patient for two more years? Those will be two of his prime years,” Barkley said. “Once you get to 30, you start to decline, and there’s no guarantee they’re going to bring anybody in either.”

How vigorously Anthony supports Woodson could determine whether the Knicks coach has any chance of staying. Kerr, meanwhile, is preparing to be ready if called.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/18/2014  2:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:I don't like him! Plus he has zero experience, and he never comes across as being particularly intelligent or having great insights when he's calling games. Will be kind of awkward him coaching Amar'e after throwing him under a bus at every opportunity the past few years.

How exactly did he throw Amare under the bus, by not not maxing him out before he signed with us

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/18/2014  2:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I don't like him! Plus he has zero experience, and he never comes across as being particularly intelligent or having great insights when he's calling games. Will be kind of awkward him coaching Amar'e after throwing him under a bus at every opportunity the past few years.

How exactly did he throw Amare under the bus, by not not maxing him out before he signed with us

Because afterwards, he felt the need to justify his decision to let him walk, and did so at every opportunity- I'm just saying that that probably grated on Amar'e.

JS3
Member: #5692

4/18/2014  2:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Because afterwards, he felt the need to justify his decision to let him walk, and did so at every opportunity- I'm just saying that that probably grated on Amar'e.

you know that he was right?

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  2:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

So shouldn't he be given credit for his insight?

Perhaps if he was our GM, we would not have made such a cap killing, retarded move.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/18/2014  2:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Perhaps if he was our GM, we would not have made such a cap killing, retarded move.

It's not a big issue Amar'e is on his last year and has nowhere else to go.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/18/2014  2:48 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Not to mention the suns havent been the same every since amare left

ES
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  3:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Not to mention the suns havent been the same every since amare left

I think that has much more to do with Steve Nash.

Nash did quite well too when Boris Diaw replaced Amare.

Would you not want to be the Suns now with the way they have rebuilt and the flexibility and picks that they have?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Kerr "Expects" to be offered and accept the coaching job

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy