[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Lupica -Blessings he doesnt cover NBA Knicks, worst of the worst: Need Lupica to be in 12am instead of 12pm !
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

4/18/2014  2:07 AM
Now Lupica is a Nets fan

IS it time for Mr Lupica to retire ?
Spends a 1/2 to 1 season killing Melo Anthony then Melo plays so well last yr & this season to try saving Knickerbockers
Mr Lupica got to get his rant on Mike Woodson being a great coach & everyone whom dont think so is stupid.

Really Lupica? I call ESPN often ...have nice chatted with SAS, Ryan Rucco and Alan Hahn as well.
Good reason why when I bust a vessle I dont get on call during Lupica show.

He now preaches while Mr Phil Jackson wont work & fails in few season.

IF Lupica was a NBA Coach , Woodson is a genius at least honest compare to Lupica whom need to give things a break
regardling supporting Larry Brown comments on Woodson support.

J.Whitlock (former Espn) enough lupica
http://www.enough-lupica.com/lupica-pages/reviews/10-2-07.html

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

4/18/2014  2:44 AM
Enough lupica? Enough carmelo,

lupica isn't saying anything that is untrue, his job is to talk about what's there,

I like Lupica.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2014  9:49 AM
Media is not to be a fan, its to report whats happening and hype the angle of what people want to read.

They want to read controversy and about their team.

There is not "Truth" to the knicks. Go from 54 wins to 37 and miss the playoffs in the most pathetic conference maybe in the history of the game!

Knicks are big disappointment.

Woodson got the gig because he was asked to enable his star player and basically to survive create what I called "Brotherhood of men" having to be a father figure to these guys. Especially JR! Most coaches want professional men in their locker room. Pro coach's should not have to coddle grown men who get paid like that.

Yes, Kudo's to Woodson for perhaps doing a real good job with yet another Clumsy roster! Maybe a lessor man does less? Dealing with immature players, immature owner and his GM canned to start the season.

I'd like to see melo not be the center piece of the roster but a key part of it. I'd like to see a back court with leadership, I'd like to see a change of culture which is coming.

In the end Woodson should leave but as a man with a 4mm pay check coming and thanks for a good job done under the circumstances. In the end I thought he did a good job. The team might have quit on itself at times but he always bought them back. Woodson gets a "B" grade having made the playoffs two of three chances and having to put up with the kind of crap many coach's never have to deal with!

With a new president in place change is obviously in the works. If PHil thinks Woodson can fulfill his directive then he should be given a chance. MY take is to do this requires and extension of his contract and Woodson will not have the full juice card to deal with his players. I think its just time for him to get his severance and move on.

If Kerr is the man then let the change begin.

Dagger
Member: #4184

4/18/2014  10:50 AM
Nalod wrote:Media is not to be a fan, its to report whats happening and hype the angle of what people want to read.

There is not "Truth" to the knicks. Go from 54 wins to 37 and miss the playoffs in the most pathetic conference maybe in the history of the game!

Woodson got the gig because he was asked to enable his star player and basically to survive create what I called "Brotherhood of men" having to be a father figure to these guys. Especially JR! Most coaches want professional men in their locker room. Pro coach's should not have to coddle grown men who get paid like that.

Yes, Kudo's to Woodson for perhaps doing a real good job with yet another Clumsy roster! Maybe a lessor man does less? Dealing with immature players, immature owner and his GM canned to start the season.

I'd like to see melo not be the center piece of the roster but a key part of it. I'd like to see a back court with leadership, I'd like to see a change of culture which is coming.

In the end Woodson should leave but as a man with a 4mm pay check coming and thanks for a good job done under the circumstances. In the end I thought he did a good job. The team might have quit on itself at times but he always bought them back. Woodson gets a "B" grade having made the playoffs two of three chances and having to put up with the kind of crap many coach's never have to deal with!

With a new president in place change is obviously in the works. If PHil thinks Woodson can fulfill his directive then he should be given a chance. MY take is to do this requires and extension of his contract and Woodson will not have the full juice card to deal with his players. I think its just time for him to get his severance and move on.

You can defend woodson with generalities and meaningless assumptions like "a lesser man might have done less". The CONCRETE evidence in the form of facts, a la the wizards game, JR's shot on the pass from Beno, Bargnani's 3 against the bucks, how he's given the final shot to Melo without even a semblance of a decoy or any form of subterfuge game AFTER GAME AFTER GAME AFTER GAME AFTER GAME AFTER GAME... When does it end, where do you draw the line?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/18/2014  3:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  3:11 PM
Dagger wrote:
Nalod wrote:Media is not to be a fan, its to report whats happening and hype the angle of what people want to read.

You can defend woodson with generalities and meaningless assumptions like "a lesser man might have done less". The CONCRETE evidence in the form of facts, a la the wizards game, JR's shot on the pass from Beno, Bargnani's 3 against the bucks, how he's given the final shot to Melo without even a semblance of a decoy or any form of subterfuge game AFTER GAME AFTER GAME AFTER GAME AFTER GAME AFTER GAME... When does it end, where do you draw the line?

I'm no Woodson fanboy, but the CONCRETE facts you conveniently overlook are what Nalod already pointed out:

18-6
54 WINS, DIVISION CHAMP
We came within 4 games of making the playoffs again.

We could have easily spent the last couple of seasons being the Nyets of 2009-2012.

Lesser men would have done less. Alot less. Imagine this crew with Avery Johnson or PJ Carlessimo.

JS3
Member: #5692

4/18/2014  3:27 PM
Woody is a nice to have coach, after damnphony!

He is not PJax person, therfore he will not stay here, and if Lupica wants he can go and cheer Woody on the next team he will coach(IND? School?).

Bring on some winners quality key employees and players.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/18/2014  3:49 PM
Kick MDA all you want but Woody wishes he had the kind of playoff record MDA has. Only reason MDA didn't do better in NY was the plan to clear cap for 2 yrs in order to get Lebron and they never gave him the PG he needed. WTF is Woody's excuse in the post season? What has he ever shown when it counts? MDA at least had a shot at the finals! Woody's never been close and he's been exposed in the playoffs. WOODY AND HIS SUPPORTERS CAN GO KICK ROCKS!!! Stop living off 18-6, which he did almost NOTHING to make happen! Stop living off 54 wins, which he ruined with his poor post season and horrendous losing this year!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/18/2014  3:54 PM
People still listen to what Lupica says?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  3:59 PM
nixluva wrote:Kick MDA all you want but Woody wishes he had the kind of playoff record MDA has. Only reason MDA didn't do better in NY was the plan to clear cap for 2 yrs in order to get Lebron and they never gave him the PG he needed. WTF is Woody's excuse in the post season? What has he ever shown when it counts? MDA at least had a shot at the finals! Woody's never been close and he's been exposed in the playoffs. WOODY AND HIS SUPPORTERS CAN GO KICK ROCKS!!! Stop living off 18-6, which he did almost NOTHING to make happen! Stop living off 54 wins, which he ruined with his poor post season and horrendous losing this year!

I think woody also wishes he had prime nash.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
USA
4/18/2014  4:56 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Kick MDA all you want but Woody wishes he had the kind of playoff record MDA has. Only reason MDA didn't do better in NY was the plan to clear cap for 2 yrs in order to get Lebron and they never gave him the PG he needed. WTF is Woody's excuse in the post season? What has he ever shown when it counts? MDA at least had a shot at the finals! Woody's never been close and he's been exposed in the playoffs. WOODY AND HIS SUPPORTERS CAN GO KICK ROCKS!!! Stop living off 18-6, which he did almost NOTHING to make happen! Stop living off 54 wins, which he ruined with his poor post season and horrendous losing this year!

MDA was smart in advocating that the Suns go hard for Nash. If Nash was already a 2 time MVP playing for the Mavs, there's no way they would've let him go. Fact is that Nash openly acknowledges that MDA helped him become the best he could be. A great player with a good coach that supports him to that level is going to succeed. Did you know that Nash was 30 years old when he came to the Suns and rarely does a player at that stage of their career have such a jump in their performance and go on to win 2 MVP's. You think that was all on Nash and MDA had nothing to do with that? Soon as Nash got with MDA his FG% went up to 50% and his 3pt and FT % went up too. Not to mention his assist numbers. Just go and look at Nash's career stats and notice the improvement when he gets with MDA.

Knicks management never gave MDA the PG he needed to truly excel. When MDA finally had a roster that was starting to look like one he could win with they broke it up. Woody never had to coach for 2 years with the front office not trying to win and changing his roster at a record clip. People who bash MDA are completely ignorant of the amount of disruption and lack of talent that he often had to coach in NY. Woody actually had a team that was tailored for what he wanted to do.

mreinman

4/18/2014  5:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

MDA was smart in advocating that the Suns go hard for Nash. If Nash was already a 2 time MVP playing for the Mavs, there's no way they would've let him go. Fact is that Nash openly acknowledges that MDA helped him become the best he could be. A great player with a good coach that supports him to that level is going to succeed. Did you know that Nash was 30 years old when he came to the Suns and rarely does a player at that stage of their career have such a jump in their performance and go on to win 2 MVP's. You think that was all on Nash and MDA had nothing to do with that? Soon as Nash got with MDA his FG% went up to 50% and his 3pt and FT % went up too. Not to mention his assist numbers. Just go and look at Nash's career stats and notice the improvement when he gets with MDA.

Knicks management never gave MDA the PG he needed to truly excel. When MDA finally had a roster that was starting to look like one he could win with they broke it up. Woody never had to coach for 2 years with the front office not trying to win and changing his roster at a record clip. People who bash MDA are completely ignorant of the amount of disruption and lack of talent that he often had to coach in NY. Woody actually had a team that was tailored for what he wanted to do.

MDA certainly gets some credit for Nash's numbers however, He had a number of years in Dallas that he was super efficient (60+ TS). His PHX TS was 61 (as high as 65!). MDA's system certainly helped Nash compile stats and catered to his strengths.

Nash could be the purest shooter and the most efficient basketball player that I have ever seen.

When MDA finally had a roster that was starting to look like one he could win with they broke it up.

They were NOT winning with that roster. C'MON! Not with Stat deteriorating and Felton coming back from mars. That may have been a party line about the roster then but in hindsight we certainly see what kind of players that roster had.

Dagger
Member: #4184

4/18/2014  6:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  6:37 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Dagger wrote:

I'm no Woodson fanboy, but the CONCRETE facts you conveniently overlook are what Nalod already pointed out:

18-6
54 WINS, DIVISION CHAMP
We came within 4 games of making the playoffs again.

We could have easily spent the last couple of seasons being the Nyets of 2009-2012.

Lesser men would have done less. Alot less. Imagine this crew with Avery Johnson or PJ Carlessimo.

I don't judge a coach by team accomplishments when the following year many of the season's failures can be traced back to his decisions as an INDIVIDUAL. And I really dont know why you say a lesser man would fail even more, Woodson is the lesser man. Compare him to his peers in the league. He sounds unintelligent and repetitive in press conferences and he has no control over his own players. How is he strong exactly?

nixluva
USA
4/18/2014  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  11:02 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

MDA certainly gets some credit for Nash's numbers however, He had a number of years in Dallas that he was super efficient (60+ TS). His PHX TS was 61 (as high as 65!). MDA's system certainly helped Nash compile stats and catered to his strengths.

Nash could be the purest shooter and the most efficient basketball player that I have ever seen.

When MDA finally had a roster that was starting to look like one he could win with they broke it up.

They were NOT winning with that roster. C'MON! Not with Stat deteriorating and Felton coming back from mars. That may have been a party line about the roster then but in hindsight we certainly see what kind of players that roster had.

Nothing you've said refutes my contention that the Knicks never really gave MDA what he needed and even after the Melo trade the team wasn't built for him to really succeed. Just show me the team that was put together during MDA's tenure that was designed for him to win with!!! The closest he got was the same year we traded for Melo, so.... At least Woodson had a team they fully expected to fit his style of coaching. MDA NEVER had that kind of support.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/18/2014  11:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Nothing you've said refutes my contention that the Knicks never really gave MDA what he needed and even after the Melo trade the team wasn't built for him to really succeed. Just show me the team that was put together during MDA's tenure that was designed for him to win with!!! The closest he got was the same year we traded for Melo, so.... At least Woodson had a team they fully expected to fit his style of coaching. MDA NEVER had that kind of support.

Papabear Says

Mike D was dead when Linsanity was born. Look a point guard becomes a super hero in 6 games? The media the press all put attention on Lin. Come on what was melo to do?? There was only going to be one alfa dog and that is Melo. sure Melo probably got jealous an so did some other players like LeBron. Be real it was the perfect storm to go against Mike D.

Papabear
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
4/19/2014  5:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That's insane. Who in the world has an ideal roster that has no NBA caliber PG and a non offensive center? Again what did MDA ever accomplish with the Knicks? At least Woodson has a season he can bring to the argument. Not asking for excuses, but just accomplishments. The way you have the argument framed, you could insert you or I in place of MDA and we would have done just fine because we don't have an ideal roster.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
4/19/2014  5:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2014  5:29 PM
Woodson sucked this year to be sure, but what has MDA accomplished apart from Steve Nash..ever? Let's see if you can answer the question without bashing Woodson b/c that's irrelevant and actually list accomplishments rather than whining about lack of support or roster or MElo, etc...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2014  9:06 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Woodson sucked this year to be sure, but what has MDA accomplished apart from Steve Nash..ever? Let's see if you can answer the question without bashing Woodson b/c that's irrelevant and actually list accomplishments rather than whining about lack of support or roster or MElo, etc...

Great coachs always have great players. MDA had a great run in PHX and was offered to be offensive coach for the USA olympic team and which is prestigious gig. Working with the countries superstars he was praised for his work.

What is Phil without Mike or Kobe? What is Auerbach without Russell? Riles without Magic? Pop without Duncan?

The point is the tandem of Nash and MDA elevated BOTH thier careers. Nash as no Dleague type player, he was an allstar! But, not a Two time MVP!

But, lets be real about Woodson, the guy had a nice career with ATL where they got better every year. Their best player was JJ, Josh Smith, and the often injured Al Horford. Im not expert on the Hawks but JJ is a big time shooter but has the inefficient high volume thing as does Josh Smith who adds the element of being a bit of a bone head. These are Woodsons guys. In NY, he gets Melo, JR (Bone head personified) and oft injured Amare!

Some coaches are very talented but never get the players that can take you to a title or a higher plane. Woodson has not done a bad job here or in ATL. I don't think anyone but short sighted immature starphuchers really can really find great ineptitude in this man. Nobody says he is a "Great" coach, just that he is a good NBA coach who never had the pedigree type franchise talent to work with. They are few and far between, and maybe its why so many coach's move from team to team.

mreinman

4/19/2014  9:45 PM
Nalod wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Woodson sucked this year to be sure, but what has MDA accomplished apart from Steve Nash..ever? Let's see if you can answer the question without bashing Woodson b/c that's irrelevant and actually list accomplishments rather than whining about lack of support or roster or MElo, etc...

Great coachs always have great players. MDA had a great run in PHX and was offered to be offensive coach for the USA olympic team and which is prestigious gig. Working with the countries superstars he was praised for his work.

What is Phil without Mike or Kobe? What is Auerbach without Russell? Riles without Magic? Pop without Duncan?

The point is the tandem of Nash and MDA elevated BOTH thier careers. Nash as no Dleague type player, he was an allstar! But, not a Two time MVP!

But, lets be real about Woodson, the guy had a nice career with ATL where they got better every year. Their best player was JJ, Josh Smith, and the often injured Al Horford. Im not expert on the Hawks but JJ is a big time shooter but has the inefficient high volume thing as does Josh Smith who adds the element of being a bit of a bone head. These are Woodsons guys. In NY, he gets Melo, JR (Bone head personified) and oft injured Amare!

Some coaches are very talented but never get the players that can take you to a title or a higher plane. Woodson has not done a bad job here or in ATL. I don't think anyone but short sighted immature starphuchers really can really find great ineptitude in this man. Nobody says he is a "Great" coach, just that he is a good NBA coach who never had the pedigree type franchise talent to work with. They are few and far between, and maybe its why so many coach's move from team to team.

Pretty much agree with this. However, the days of the hard nosed defensive coach with very little offensive game plan has pretty much ended. You need to be a top offensive mind that promotes efficiency and ball movement to be successful.

JVG was a this type of coach too and I loved him. He got his teams to play hard defensively and did not do much offensively. Lots of ISO too.

Really impressed with Budenholzer.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2014  9:50 PM
Yea the difference is Woodsons defensive system is flawed. Atlantas defense was not all world. We settled on Woodson as defense coach cos Lawrence Frank was off the table
mreinman

4/19/2014  9:58 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea the difference is Woodsons defensive system is flawed. Atlantas defense was not all world. We settled on Woodson as defense coach cos Lawrence Frank was off the table

Not sure if it was flawed but it certainly looked awful this year. Defensive hard liners seem to have their teams eventually tune them out.

Mike Lupica -Blessings he doesnt cover NBA Knicks, worst of the worst: Need Lupica to be in 12am instead of 12pm !

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy