[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/16/2014  8:26 AM
Cartman718 wrote:wade looks ooollllllllddddddd. lebron about to shed some tears. he soft. lets not even talk about Chris "Botched"

4 trips to the finals in 4 years is not soft.

Jordan broke down on the floor and hugged his 3rd trophy, or was it the 4th and looked like he was having emotional problems. Mike was a sociopath, Lebron is not the same animal. BUt that don't make him soft. Tim Duncan hugged his kids and was thinking about what they had been thru the last year with their marriage and looked like he was tearing up. Tim is not soft.

Don't confuse dudes that are filled with Passion. Lebron and the heat did not "fail", or were "Soft", they were beaten by a superior team. Best kind of way to lose. It hurts, but its honorable.

AUTOADVERT
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

6/16/2014  10:15 AM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:wade looks ooollllllllddddddd. lebron about to shed some tears. he soft. lets not even talk about Chris "Botched"

4 trips to the finals in 4 years is not soft.

Jordan broke down on the floor and hugged his 3rd trophy, or was it the 4th and looked like he was having emotional problems. Mike was a sociopath, Lebron is not the same animal. BUt that don't make him soft. Tim Duncan hugged his kids and was thinking about what they had been thru the last year with their marriage and looked like he was tearing up. Tim is not soft.

Don't confuse dudes that are filled with Passion. Lebron and the heat did not "fail", or were "Soft", they were beaten by a superior team. Best kind of way to lose. It hurts, but its honorable.

Well said, Nalod.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/16/2014  11:15 AM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:For a 20 year old to handle Pops as his coach and go on to win the MVP is very impressive. This is a good year for Phil to watch the Spurs win. They showed what system basketball can do and that you can still win without being superstar heavy, you have to be deep. Something he can show to Dolan as his model and hopefully Dolan will see the light and get out of the way.

YOu really think after 13 rings watching the Spurs creates an epiphany for Phil?

No. But I'm hopeful it gets Fish some good ideas about implementing the corner and little tricks he can use to diversify the offense. Phil will be there to offer insight, but Fish is the one the players will be accountable too on a day to day basis.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/16/2014  11:20 AM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:For a 20 year old to handle Pops as his coach and go on to win the MVP is very impressive. This is a good year for Phil to watch the Spurs win. They showed what system basketball can do and that you can still win without being superstar heavy, you have to be deep. Something he can show to Dolan as his model and hopefully Dolan will see the light and get out of the way.

YOu really think after 13 rings watching the Spurs creates an epiphany for Phil?

Ugh. My post was about being able to sell Dolan on how to build a contender without a lot of superstars, and using the Spurs as an example.

skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
6/16/2014  11:38 AM
Can't believe I kinda teared up seeing Timmy D, Pop, Manu and TP... Such special accomplishments.
Legalize di NBA
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/16/2014  11:46 AM
skeng wrote:Can't believe I kinda teared up seeing Timmy D, Pop, Manu and TP... Such special accomplishments.

Man, heart warming moment after the final buzzer seeing Duncan hug David Robinson. Only player to start on a championship team in 3 different decades.

skeng
Member: #2959
Denmark
6/16/2014  1:39 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
skeng wrote:Can't believe I kinda teared up seeing Timmy D, Pop, Manu and TP... Such special accomplishments.

Man, heart warming moment after the final buzzer seeing Duncan hug David Robinson. Only player to start on a championship team in 3 different decades.

Anyone who watched these finals have to rethink their approach to playing team ball, heck just playing basketball. Really makes you doubt Melo, JR and the gotta-get-mine type of players.

Seriously

Legalize di NBA
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/16/2014  2:50 PM
Hard to believe the Heat era is over- Lebron will walk, Birdman is gone, Battier is gone, ray Allen will likely retire, maybe even Chalmers goes, wade is done. When they all signed I didn't think it would be over this quickly.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
6/16/2014  3:29 PM
the spurs are playing on a whole different plane, unrecognizable compared to regular season. i swear they are channeling the 1973 knicks. just amazing to witness and kudos to lebron james for acknowledging and praising them in gracious defeat, and spoelstra too.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/16/2014  3:47 PM
dk7th wrote:the spurs are playing on a whole different plane, unrecognizable compared to regular season. i swear they are channeling the 1973 knicks. just amazing to witness and kudos to lebron james for acknowledging and praising them in gracious defeat, and spoelstra too.

I only started watching Knicks when Riley came on board. Old Timers, is this about right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
6/16/2014  5:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hard to believe the Heat era is over- Lebron will walk, Birdman is gone, Battier is gone, ray Allen will likely retire, maybe even Chalmers goes, wade is done. When they all signed I didn't think it would be over this quickly.

Riles got tricks. He knows this team was tired but it got to he finals!! Don't underestimate these guys, they are not stupid like the media can portray them. This is going to be a tough rebuild if Lebron is gone for their fans.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/16/2014  10:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Hard to believe the Heat era is over- Lebron will walk, Birdman is gone, Battier is gone, ray Allen will likely retire, maybe even Chalmers goes, wade is done. When they all signed I didn't think it would be over this quickly.

Riles got tricks. He knows this team was tired but it got to he finals!! Don't underestimate these guys, they are not stupid like the media can portray them. This is going to be a tough rebuild if Lebron is gone for their fans.

Don't forget the East is a joke. I can't see Wade opting out of the $43 million deal over the next two years. I also can't see the Heat giving him more than $60 million over 4 years. He might not make it through year one of that contract. It would be equivalent of the Knicks giving Amare the $100 million knowing that there is a strong possibility he may break down.

Nalod
USA
6/16/2014  10:53 PM
East won't be a joke forever. But thats another discussion for another time.

Miami made the finals and that tells me they are not that far from making a few reasonable moves to boast the team again. Rahard, Anderson and Ray are likely done. Make a few moves, improve Rio (Dude turned Felton on Lebron!), get some yoot inside and they could be back.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/17/2014  10:06 AM
Or they could be the next version of the Celtics. I know, Lebron makes that unlikely, but 4 trips to the Finals with two losses is not what LeQ signed up for. And they didn't just get beat this time, they got destroyed.

Did Riles possibly see this coming?

Nalod
USA
6/17/2014  11:41 AM
jrodmc wrote:Or they could be the next version of the Celtics. I know, Lebron makes that unlikely, but 4 trips to the Finals with two losses is not what LeQ signed up for. And they didn't just get beat this time, they got destroyed.

Naw, just those on the UK!!!

I think 4 trips to finals made it a worthwhile move. They don't do that in CLeveland if he stayed.

I think since he put it out there 4.5 years ago that he'd win not one, not two........

it made for awful set up for him and to be forever linked with Jordan.

Outside of the Jordan link, 4 straight trips to the finals and winning two is below the benchmark he set, but really its quite an achievement and he still has a few years go gather more bling.

Im ok with a young Lebron making a mistakes and letting his game do the talking. In my book he was the MVP this season and without him at this level Miami does not sniff the finals.

Times are different now then when Jordan played. Media and internet is brutal:

Funny stuff!!!!

yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

6/17/2014  2:34 PM
Nalod wrote:East won't be a joke forever. But thats another discussion for another time.

Miami made the finals and that tells me they are not that far from making a few reasonable moves to boast the team again. Rahard, Anderson and Ray are likely done. Make a few moves, improve Rio (Dude turned Felton on Lebron!), get some yoot inside and they could be back.

They could have had a better roster but failed to make changes due to not wanting to pay luxury taxes. They gambled and came up short.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
6/17/2014  2:45 PM
jrodmc wrote:Or they could be the next version of the Celtics. I know, Lebron makes that unlikely, but 4 trips to the Finals with two losses is not what LeQ signed up for. And they didn't just get beat this time, they got destroyed.

4 runs to the finals with two wins--any organization would take that. Their role players aged and were not good enough and Bosh and WAde wore down.

RIP Crushalot😞
Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy