[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/20/2014  9:48 AM
aren't granger and rudy gay the same player?
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/20/2014  10:17 AM
dk7th wrote:aren't granger and rudy gay the same player?

body type yes but games are totally different if you are talking about pre-injury Granger.

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/20/2014  11:41 AM
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:Paul Pierce showed you why you put the ball in the hands of a closer time and time again...

dude what are you hinting at? I don't think anyone needed to see Pierce hit that shot to know how much of a clutch playoff performer he is...dude won MVP of the finals... are you trying to live vicariously through another player? hey it would be nice to have a player like that.. hopefully the knicks get a player like that one day.

or better yet why not get a player like teague and a coach like atlanta has and just win in blow out fashion... I do find it funny how knicks fans felt the hawks should be trying to miss the playoffs as if they were not deserving..LOL.... but we were deserving and couldn't catch a team that was losing at an alarming rate without their best player...

Is it willful ignorance or just in denial ??..U can look up it up yourself on who some of the most clutch players the last five years have been..Melo is all over those list..

you must be kidding me... how can you sit here and talk about clutch.. this dude has not hit a clutch shot in the playoffs that I can recall.. tell me holfresh, when has carmelo been clutch in the playoffs? how about regular season. Dude you are delusional when it comes to carmelo and this team... I bet you still think the knicks have a shot at the playoffs this year and that the games being played now are all a joke... you just don't get it..

Carmelo has been a brick shooting chucker in a kNicks uniform and a playoff busta... look on the list of playoff bustas and he is all over it...

Obviously he hasn't done well in the playoffs because he hasn't been on any team that was built to do well in the playoffs...But u can look up the regular season stats yourself...Last year he didn't do well in clutch situation but it might have been his best season a a pro...In prior years, he was deemed a clutch player...I looked it up myself and a year ago, one site ranked Melo as the most clutch player in the NBA...I can post it, but do your homework before you speak...
holfresh

4/20/2014  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2014  11:47 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:Pacers look awful

Atlanta looks so well coached.

Hang on..ATL is well coached??..How many one on one plays u see them run??..U killed Woody for ISO ...

Atlanta is very well coached. I have said a number of times that I would not want to face this team and that they are dangerous.

I have watched them really closely the last 20 games of the season. And remember, they are doing this with a weak squad that is missing their best player.

So tell me, are they using a system or basically going one on one ??

I don't understand and have never studied their system or San Antonio's but I can tell you that they preach ball movement not ISO's/1 on 1 basketball.

Have you watched them play?

So you have "watched them closely for 20 games" and can't tell what style of offense they are running???...So Teague at the top of the key taking guys one on one is called what, not ISO???..Milsap in the post going one on one is what?, not ISO??

Atlanta has won a grand total of 1 more games than the Knicks and run tons of ISO, yet they are well coached and Woody who won 37 games this year, 54 games last year, went 18-6, after MDA, he sucks???

dk7th
USA
4/20/2014  11:46 AM
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:Paul Pierce showed you why you put the ball in the hands of a closer time and time again...

dude what are you hinting at? I don't think anyone needed to see Pierce hit that shot to know how much of a clutch playoff performer he is...dude won MVP of the finals... are you trying to live vicariously through another player? hey it would be nice to have a player like that.. hopefully the knicks get a player like that one day.

or better yet why not get a player like teague and a coach like atlanta has and just win in blow out fashion... I do find it funny how knicks fans felt the hawks should be trying to miss the playoffs as if they were not deserving..LOL.... but we were deserving and couldn't catch a team that was losing at an alarming rate without their best player...

Is it willful ignorance or just in denial ??..U can look up it up yourself on who some of the most clutch players the last five years have been..Melo is all over those list..

you must be kidding me... how can you sit here and talk about clutch.. this dude has not hit a clutch shot in the playoffs that I can recall.. tell me holfresh, when has carmelo been clutch in the playoffs? how about regular season. Dude you are delusional when it comes to carmelo and this team... I bet you still think the knicks have a shot at the playoffs this year and that the games being played now are all a joke... you just don't get it..

Carmelo has been a brick shooting chucker in a kNicks uniform and a playoff busta... look on the list of playoff bustas and he is all over it...

Obviously he hasn't done well in the playoffs because he hasn't been on any team that was built to do well in the playoffs...But u can look up the regular season stats yourself...Last year he didn't do well in clutch situation but it might have been his best season a a pro...In prior years, he was deemed a clutch player...I looked it up myself and a year ago, one site ranked Melo as the most clutch player in the NBA...I can post it, but do your homework before you speak...

the only games that count are playoff games, and nowadays, with the terrible dilution of talent and too many teams and mediocrity being rewarded, you are remembered for what you did and how you did in the playoffs beyond the first round.

with his having been beyond the first round only twice in his long career, that isn't a whole lot to hang your legacy hat on.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/20/2014  11:48 AM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Hang on..ATL is well coached??..How many one on one plays u see them run??..U killed Woody for ISO ...

Atlanta is very well coached. I have said a number of times that I would not want to face this team and that they are dangerous.

I have watched them really closely the last 20 games of the season. And remember, they are doing this with a weak squad that is missing their best player.

I don't understand and have never studied their system or San Antonio's but I can tell you that they preach ball movement not ISO's/1 on 1 basketball.

So you have "watched them closely for 20 games" and can't tell what style of offense they are running???...So Teague at the top of the key taking guys one on one is called what, not ISO???..Milsap in the post going one on one is what?, not ISO??

Have you watched them play or did you just watch the playoff game?

Do you know that they are #2 in the league in assists behind SA?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh

4/20/2014  11:56 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:

the only games that count are playoff games, and nowadays, with the terrible dilution of talent and too many teams and mediocrity being rewarded, you are remembered for what you did and how you did in the playoffs beyond the first round.

with his having been beyond the first round only twice in his long career, that isn't a whole lot to hang your legacy hat on.

Melo is a top ten player...The teams that do well in the playoffs generally have more than one top 20 player on their teams...Deep playoffs run isn't a individual player type accomplishment, it's a team type accomplishment...

holfresh

4/20/2014  11:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2014  11:59 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Have you watched them play or did you just watch the playoff game?

Do you know that they are #2 in the league in assists behind SA?

I have watch them play, yes, in the regular season and more down the stretch...They have very good outside shooters, 4 or 5 guys and generally will put up a shot as soon as it's passed to them...

holfresh

4/20/2014  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2014  12:12 PM
So explain how does a 38 win team, be deemed well coached team and a 37 win team coach, who coach a similar style, who won 54 games last year, suck??
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/20/2014  1:01 PM
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:

don't give me that BS excuse he didn't have a team that was built to do well in the playoffs.. carmelo shoots 41% in the playoffs, that is on him.. He doesn't pass, defend or create for anyone else.. maybe carmelo isn't built for the playoffs... here you go, blaming someone else... that act is old bro..

.I looked it up myself and a year ago, one site ranked Melo as the most clutch player in the NBA...I can post it, but do your homework before you speak...

so really, you looked that up? what was the criteria for clutch? because each site or poll sets their own criteria... one thing you should look at especially this year is how bad carmelo has been making shots to either tie, or go ahead late in games... just awful..

you guys are so hung up on that.. tell me, what was the last clutch shot carmelo made that actually helped the knicks advance in a playoff, win a big game.. I mean when? you guys spew that same old crap.. lets keep it real, I don't need a list to tell me wade, lebron, durant, pierce, dirk, hell even derek fish is clutch.. I can see with my own eyes.... and it is no surprise those guys, all of them are sporting championship rings.... carmelo hasn't hit a career defining shot in 13 seasons!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/20/2014  1:05 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Atlanta has won a grand total of 1 more games than the Knicks and run tons of ISO, yet they are well coached and Woody who won 37 games this year, 54 games last year, went 18-6, after MDA, he sucks???

I watch them closely too, from about the second row at phillips arena..... the hawks run a ball motion offense.... they have korver running off screens, they spread the floor.. there is a difference making a move in the post or breaking a man off the diribble and iso ball!!! if you don't know, then maybe you should bow out of this convo...

now I am not sure if I even believe mreinman watches the hawks closely, honestly he probably added that to bolster his argument who knows with this dude, but I do agree with him about the hawks, he is correct in how they run their offense....

The hawks won one more game than the knicks only because they didn't have horford and missed milsap for a lot of games... had that not been the case the knicks playoff hopes would have died in feb.....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/20/2014  1:06 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:

Melo is a top ten player...The teams that do well in the playoffs generally have more than one top 20 player on their teams...Deep playoffs run isn't a individual player type accomplishment, it's a team type accomplishment...

My lord will you stop with this top 5, top 10 crap.. please.. pretty please...

mreinman

4/20/2014  1:13 PM
holfresh wrote:So explain how does a 38 win team, be deemed well coached team and a 37 win team coach, who coach a similar style, who won 54 games last year, suck??

They don't have much talent and lost their best player.

Are you saying that Atlanta plays a similar style to NY?

mreinman

4/20/2014  2:22 PM
wow ... barkley really rips into Indiana players and how they are laying down for Vogel and Bird.
dk7th
USA
4/20/2014  2:37 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:

no he isn't. he might be a top ten scorer-- but i would never equate points scored with success anyway and neither should you.

moreover one-way players are almost never top-ten players. top-ten players tend to make others better on both ends of the court and elevate their games in the playoffs.

do you know what carmelo's teams have in common in terms of lack of success? carmelo

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/20/2014  2:49 PM
mreinman wrote:wow ... barkley really rips into Indiana players and how they are laying down for Vogel and Bird.

Vogel insists on playing Turner and Scola is very Woody like. Let Cope free. I actualy hope he doesn't but part of me wants Cope to get sometime. If Indy loses this series and I think they will win, but if they lose oh my. They gave up plumlee, green, and a 1st for Scola. That trade is not looking so good.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/20/2014  2:57 PM
mreinman wrote:wow ... barkley really rips into Indiana players and how they are laying down for Vogel and Bird.

I hope they keep it up.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mreinman

4/20/2014  2:58 PM
TeamBall wrote:

I hope they keep it up.

yeah ... I don't want to see them win either just because they are a big rival so I would like to see them pooped on as much as possible.

mreinman

4/20/2014  3:01 PM
Pop so classy with Sager comments.
mreinman

4/20/2014  3:22 PM
Dirk just chucking bricks. really killing dallas
Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy