I feel a playa2 post coming.

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/19/2014  11:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
mreinman wrote:maybe he had a better chance today if he played copeland

Lol yeah. Cope played less with Indiana than he did with us. Also, I think we should have made that Teague trade. What was it again? Shump straight up?

I think that the knicks insisted that they take back Felton in the deal.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

4/19/2014  11:44 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Nice.

thought he got the boot??

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2014  11:44 PM
Grizz came back 21 pts from a 25 pt deficit and down just 4 pts on the road. 4th qtr still to go!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2014  11:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Lol yeah. Cope played less with Indiana than he did with us. Also, I think we should have made that Teague trade. What was it again? Shump straight up?

I agree we could've used Teague but why give up Shump?

yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/19/2014  11:46 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Nice.

thought he got the boot??

He may have. I didn't know that he did.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/19/2014  11:48 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Uptown wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Posters didn't want to trade Shump for reddick. smh.

Still don't. We need 2way players. We already have THJ for Reddicks role. I can't wait to see Shump next year after giving the vote of confidence from Phil

+1....I always hated the small lineup with Melo @ the 4 and 6'5 Shump @ SF. People wonder why Shump isn't as good now, as he was on the defensive end during his rookie year. Look no further than Woodson playing him @ SF. Can see Shump playing the Ron Harper role for us next year. Shump is better off playing the 2 and some 1 as opposed to play SF.....

Exactly look at his perimeter D when Woodless finally put him back at the 2 albeit off the bench

I think that is an excuse. Shump is a good on ball defender at times but needs to expand his defensive skills. I hope he can round out his game but I am very skeptical.

Shump isn't as good because he dropped from shooting 40% from three to 33%. It doesn't matter if the lineup is small or big. It kills your offense if you have a wing player who poses no threat on offense.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
gunsnewing
USA
4/19/2014  11:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2014  11:51 PM
Who plays lockdown perimeter defense on this team? Every champion has one
mreinman

4/19/2014  11:50 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I agree we could've used Teague but why give up Shump?

whats so great about shump? his offense is pitiful and always has been.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/19/2014  11:51 PM
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20. We should've just kept Felton and waited for the gun charge conviction. We would'v had a solid PG and gotten rid of Felton.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/20/2014  12:00 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20. We should've just kept Felton and waited for the gun charge conviction. We would'v had a solid PG and gotten rid of Felton.

Yeah I didn't understand why teams had to take Felton. Move him to the bench or cut and buy him out or spread his salary over the next 5 years.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/20/2014  1:06 AM
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:Paul Pierce showed you why you put the ball in the hands of a closer time and time again...

dude what are you hinting at? I don't think anyone needed to see Pierce hit that shot to know how much of a clutch playoff performer he is...dude won MVP of the finals... are you trying to live vicariously through another player? hey it would be nice to have a player like that.. hopefully the knicks get a player like that one day.

or better yet why not get a player like teague and a coach like atlanta has and just win in blow out fashion... I do find it funny how knicks fans felt the hawks should be trying to miss the playoffs as if they were not deserving..LOL.... but we were deserving and couldn't catch a team that was losing at an alarming rate without their best player...

Is it willful ignorance or just in denial ??..U can look up it up yourself on who some of the most clutch players the last five years have been..Melo is all over those list..

you must be kidding me... how can you sit here and talk about clutch.. this dude has not hit a clutch shot in the playoffs that I can recall.. tell me holfresh, when has carmelo been clutch in the playoffs? how about regular season. Dude you are delusional when it comes to carmelo and this team... I bet you still think the knicks have a shot at the playoffs this year and that the games being played now are all a joke... you just don't get it..

Carmelo has been a brick shooting chucker in a kNicks uniform and a playoff busta... look on the list of playoff bustas and he is all over it...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/20/2014  1:08 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I think that's irrelevant. Phil has been smug at times and I love it. Just win baby

exactly!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
USA
4/20/2014  1:12 AM
I realize Vogel hasn't won anything but I will glady take 2yrs+ of finishing 3rd/2nd in the east. Reaching the eastern conference finals. It's like the 90s Knicks. Not everyone wins unless they have Jordan Kobe Lebron etc. just letimately contend. Indy took Miami to 7 last year
gunsnewing
USA
4/20/2014  1:20 AM
I mean Indiana loses game 1 and Vogel is garbage? Let's see how they finish the series. I know last year the Knicks folded after surrendering home court advantage
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/20/2014  5:21 AM
Man, as much as I like seeing the Pacers lose, it's tough as I keep thinking that could have been us beating them if only we'd made the damned playoffs!

The ref's ruined the Warriors/Clips game- I found it almost unwatchable.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/20/2014  5:24 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I mean Indiana loses game 1 and Vogel is garbage? Let's see how they finish the series. I know last year the Knicks folded after surrendering home court advantage

I have no idea what their issues are, but I found it weird he was getting the blame a few weeks ago- looks more like a chemistry issue to me. Paul George's success last season has gone to his head, Hibbert can't seem to excel without the ref's calling the Hibbert rules (and his rebounding numbers have been pathetic all season). Turner and Bynum are chemistry killers. Stephenson might be focused on his next contract more than anything. There's just a stench coming from that team- last year their chemistry was their strength, this season it looks like they couldn't handle their fame.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/20/2014  9:25 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Uptown wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Posters didn't want to trade Shump for reddick. smh.

Still don't. We need 2way players. We already have THJ for Reddicks role. I can't wait to see Shump next year after giving the vote of confidence from Phil

+1....I always hated the small lineup with Melo @ the 4 and 6'5 Shump @ SF. People wonder why Shump isn't as good now, as he was on the defensive end during his rookie year. Look no further than Woodson playing him @ SF. Can see Shump playing the Ron Harper role for us next year. Shump is better off playing the 2 and some 1 as opposed to play SF.....

Exactly look at his perimeter D when Woodless finally put him back at the 2 albeit off the bench

I think that is an excuse. Shump is a good on ball defender at times but needs to expand his defensive skills. I hope he can round out his game but I am very skeptical.

Shump isn't as good because he dropped from shooting 40% from three to 33%. It doesn't matter if the lineup is small or big. It kills your offense if you have a wing player who poses no threat on offense.

I'm talking defensivley....

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/20/2014  9:26 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I realize Vogel hasn't won anything but I will glady take 2yrs+ of finishing 3rd/2nd in the east. Reaching the eastern conference finals. It's like the 90s Knicks. Not everyone wins unless they have Jordan Kobe Lebron etc. just letimately contend. Indy took Miami to 7 last year

Can't lose to the 8th seeded Hawks though...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2014  9:29 AM

I can see Stephanson getting selfish in a contract year and George ego inflated with new status.

Granger leaving lockeroom might have an impact.

Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy