Member: #3189

4/18/2014  1:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:in san antonio they look for high character players who play defense. i wonder if that the right formula for success.

can't wait for phil jackson's "culture change" edict to take effect.

Is Tony Parker a high character guy, who tried and seemingly successfully banged his teammate's wife??...If u smile and speak softly, I guess u are high character??...Is Steven Jackson a high character guy??..Robert Horry, a high character guy???..All Spurs..Wasn't the GM arrested for DWI??..Didn't Layden have a high character team??

are you afraid that jr smith and carmelo won't make the cut? neither defend and both lack character. those are facts, just like your "facts."

actually those are opinions.

and holfresh's facts are actually facts and not opinions okay got it

Well he asked you questions which you didn't answer and then you asked him a question then stated your opinions.

face it he holfresh doesn't want the low-character personnel on the knicks given the heave-ho. that's why he tries to distract by making a stupid comparison to the most successful franchise the league has known. the whole notion of "culture change" frightens him because he is drawn to and admires the wrong people. i heard someone allude to the fact that holfresh defends isiah thomas.

I think that his point was "what constitutes high character?"

Its culture that starts at the top. Not players.

Why is it that low character guys can succeed in Pop's system? Its because positive culture makes players exude high character traits on the court and vise versa.

Did you think that Melo (who you despise and carelessly brand as "low character") exhibited low character traits in the Olympics? IMHO, he has been a high character guy as a knick when the culture was very negative.

Was Larry Johnson who had 84 kids a high character guy? Kobe (Denver story)? Wade? JORDAN? Wilt and his 20g's?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/18/2014  1:38 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:in san antonio they look for high character players who play defense. i wonder if that the right formula for success.

Is Tony Parker a high character guy, who tried and seemingly successfully banged his teammate's wife??...If u smile and speak softly, I guess u are high character??...Is Steven Jackson a high character guy??..Robert Horry, a high character guy???..All Spurs..Wasn't the GM arrested for DWI??..Didn't Layden have a high character team??

are you afraid that jr smith and carmelo won't make the cut? neither defend and both lack character. those are facts, just like your "facts."

I always think Melo comes across as a nice guy, whatever issues you may have with the way he plays. He works hard in the offseason, never gets into trouble off the court, always seems likeable in interviews. He has zero leadership skills, but not everyone does- seems to be too nice a guy to crack the whip or call out his teammates.

you know what i call a guy who thinks he is better than he actually is and cannot see his true value or worth in a specific situation? a conceited and selfish fool.

the trade for carmelo was wrong on so many levels, not the least of which was his lack of leadership skills. but see in this case he had the ideal client in dolan who has similar issues.

That is a lame beef.

So you are calling him out for being narcissistic? And do you think you are not a narcissist? Most people today are quite narcissistic.

I think some self inflection may be in order before we call others out for overrating their worth.

I believe that he knows that he needs to team up with other (super) stars if wants to see the ultimate success. That is why he pines for Chris Paul. He needs a leader and orchestrator to be successful. Do you think that he thinks that he is good enough to do alone?

With all the idiots out there you are picking on this guy who has been pretty much a model citizen here?

The guy has raised his game here and battled hard. Perhaps you should pick on the guys who capped us and have not given their all or lived up and never shut their mouths.

DUDE YOU have a real problem keeping a discussion within the context.... you are too concerned with profiling posters instead of giving a quality post about the subject..

What does it matter if dk was a narcisssitic, self absorbed douchebag like carmelo is.. lets just for arguments sake say that was true... Here is the difference... him being that way does not affect the knicks... but carmelo being that way truly affects the knicks, in the worst way... that is the problem.... lets focus on the problems....

justifying his behavior by pointing to other behavior gets nowhere, especially when you are talking about people who don't affect what the knicks do..

now of course I don't think DK is any of these things, but you get my point, or at least I hope you do.... dk is pointing out the flaws of a player who can and has hurt our team.. if carmelo was playing for another franchise, trust me, we would not care as much.. or at least I know I wouldn't...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/18/2014  1:40 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I always think Melo comes across as a nice guy, whatever issues you may have with the way he plays. He works hard in the offseason, never gets into trouble off the court, always seems likeable in interviews. He has zero leadership skills, but not everyone does- seems to be too nice a guy to crack the whip or call out his teammates.

you know what i call a guy who thinks he is better than he actually is and cannot see his true value or worth in a specific situation? a conceited and selfish fool.

the trade for carmelo was wrong on so many levels, not the least of which was his lack of leadership skills. but see in this case he had the ideal client in dolan who has similar issues.

That is a lame beef.

So you are calling him out for being narcissistic? And do you think you are not a narcissist? Most people today are quite narcissistic.

I think some self inflection may be in order before we call others out for overrating their worth.

I believe that he knows that he needs to team up with other (super) stars if wants to see the ultimate success. That is why he pines for Chris Paul. He needs a leader and orchestrator to be successful. Do you think that he thinks that he is good enough to do alone?

With all the idiots out there you are picking on this guy who has been pretty much a model citizen here?

The guy has raised his game here and battled hard. Perhaps you should pick on the guys who capped us and have not given their all or lived up and never shut their mouths.

lets get down to brass tacks: what did you think of the carmelo anthony trade? did you think it was a great move? did you think carmelo was worth it? were you one of the people who said you would make that trade a 1000 out of a 1000 times?

Not at all. I though we gave up too much then and still think that. You know that I am balanced on this, I am the one who started the mozgov thread.

I don't displace my anger though and need a scapegoat. I know who made that trade.

it is not about who made the trade, it is who pushed for the trade as well, both carmelo and dolan are guilty here. dolan probably takes most of the blame, but to think the anger is displaced is far from the truth...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  1:42 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Well he asked you questions which you didn't answer and then you asked him a question then stated your opinions.

face it he holfresh doesn't want the low-character personnel on the knicks given the heave-ho. that's why he tries to distract by making a stupid comparison to the most successful franchise the league has known. the whole notion of "culture change" frightens him because he is drawn to and admires the wrong people. i heard someone allude to the fact that holfresh defends isiah thomas.

Why is it that low character guys can succeed in Pop's system? Its because positive culture makes players exude high character traits on the court and vise versa.

Did you think that Melo (who you despise and carelessly brand as "low character") exhibited low character traits in the Olympics? IMHO, he has been a high character guy as a knick when the culture was very negative.

Was Larry Johnson who had 84 kids a high character guy? Kobe (Denver story)? Wade? JORDAN? Wilt and his 20g's?

you don't gut a roster and bring in carmelo anthony and then expect there to be a context awaiting that you are alluding to. come on you are not thinking this through.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
tkf
4/18/2014  1:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  1:49 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

all of those guys were able to display a level of professionalism and high character on the court to succeed.. that is the difference.. larry johnson was a leader, Jordan, wade, leaders.. Jordan gambled, you forgot that, but guess what, you probably won't find a teamate you could trust on the court more than jordan.... The dedication to his team and craft was pretty much unmatched..

carmelo.... "ridiculous contract"... "I want to test free agency".... selfish play... get my money first, team second.. these things tend to transfer to how he carries himself on the court, that is the problem...

the olympics? really, you are going to use that small sample size? wow..

tkf
4/18/2014  1:53 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

you don't gut a roster and bring in carmelo anthony and then expect there to be a context awaiting that you are alluding to. come on you are not thinking this through.

exactly...

mreinman

4/18/2014  2:15 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I already agreed that they gave up too much. But he didn't make the damn trade.

You did not address any of my other points.

You are thinking this through? You are being blinded by hate and perhaps getting confused with your baby brother posters spaghetti talk.

Your stance here does not coincide with any of your other logical posts/stances.

Step back and think and stop with the childish tag team +1's.

I have no problem with your anti melo stance, it would just be nice if it was balanced and a bit more logical.

Or, you can just say "its illogical" but thats just how I feel. That is cool too (and we all have done this or felt this way).

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  2:19 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

You are thinking this through? You are being blinded by hate and perhaps getting confused with your baby brother posters spaghetti talk.

Your stance here does not coincide with any of your other logical posts/stances.

I have no problem with your anti melo stance, it would just be nice if it was balanced and a bit more logical.

Or, you can just say "its illogical" but thats just how I feel. That is cool too (and we all have done this or felt this way).

and i say he participated in the trade, catalyzed it, then sealed it when he had a las vegas private session with james dolan, that fantastic basketball mind.

so guess what? lets agree to disagree, and you can think of me as illogical or irrational if you must. i will have to live with that.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

4/18/2014  2:32 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

and i say he participated in the trade, catalyzed it, then sealed it when he had a las vegas private session with james dolan, that fantastic basketball mind.

so guess what? lets agree to disagree, and you can think of me as illogical or irrational if you must. i will have to live with that.

We can agree to disagree on that.

And again, we arrive at the conclusion that your only reason for hating him is that he "forced" the trade. That's fine if you'd like to believe that and hate him for it (if that is your feeling).

Then it makes sense that:

Amare - Pass
Tyson - Pass

If you are looking at these years in a vacuum.

Without those moves (Amare, Tyson) and just the Melo move, you don't believe that a winning team and culture could have been built here? With someone else as the PG/Leader as well as other efficient pieces? But that would put Donnie Walsh on the hook and not be a Melo Blamable Item.

His price tag is (unfortunately) not just about basketball. He is the 6th best selling jersey on a horrible team. The dude is just a cash cow and that is another reason why teams are ready to offer him max money even though he is not worth it.

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  2:45 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

And again, we arrive at the conclusion that your only reason for hating him is that he "forced" the trade. That's fine if you'd like to believe that and hate him for it (if that is your feeling).

Amare - Pass
Tyson - Pass

Without those moves (Amare, Tyson) and just the Melo move, you don't believe that a winning team and culture could have been built here? With someone else as the PG/Leader as well as other efficient pieces? But that would put Donnie Walsh on the hook and not be a Melo Blamable Item.

His price tag is (unfortunately) not just about basketball. He is the 6th best selling jersey on a horrible team. The dude is just a cash cow and that is another reason why teams are ready to offer him max money even though he is not worth it.

as i have said before i don't believe you can look at these situations in a vacuum and yet you are now asking me to.

you may have hated the stat acquisition but i understood the "reasoning" behind it. it also was easier to stomach that he only cost money and not real assets.

but lets look at it this way: if carmelo anthony were available the same summer of lebron as stoudemire was, i would not have had a problem with acquiring melo as a free agent for the same reason that i did not have much of a problem with acquiring stat as a free agent. i think it would have created the same problems we had with stat here, and probably worse because melo no-likee SSOL.

but lets recall WHY melo was unavailable, so we can come full circle, shall we? he took that extra year because he wanted to get paid that extra year.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/18/2014  2:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  2:54 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:we are having the same problems now as we did when marbury was here... we didn't have it when amare got here... but boy as soon as we started adding the denver malcontents, we are back to the good ole marbury days.... wow....

I look forward to seeing what topics you post about once Melo has gone- you've been stuck in a rut for a long, long time.

he'll be talking about basketball, watchable knick basketball... because that's what you'll likely see once the clowns get the heave-ho

are you guys related? or best friends or something? lol its too funny how you guys behave like long lost lovers KNOWING what the other person will post about in the future. talk about logical thinking

+1 now that's ROTF funny. And real. And the rest of the thread bares it out, so to speak.

mreinman

4/18/2014  3:09 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Amare - Pass
Tyson - Pass

as i have said before i don't believe you can look at these situations in a vacuum and yet you are now asking me to.

you may have hated the stat acquisition but i understood the "reasoning" behind it. it also was easier to stomach that he only cost money and not real assets.

but lets look at it this way: if carmelo anthony were available the same summer of lebron as stoudemire was, i would not have had a problem with acquiring melo as a free agent for the same reason that i did not have much of a problem with acquiring stat as a free agent. i think it would have created the same problems we had with stat here, and probably worse because melo no-likee SSOL.

but lets recall WHY melo was unavailable, so we can come full circle, shall we? he took that extra year because he wanted to get paid that extra year.

So you would have paid Melo the max as a FA? I thought you don't like acquiring flawed players as (max (I assume)) FA's? The summer of Lebron does not excuse the utmost stupidity.

Let me ask you this? I have not seen you comment on the Tyson move and the possible amnesty waste.

And ... I agree (as I have always) that Melo was not the right player for MDA. I blame Walsh (and Dolan) for that. Or maybe they figured that MDA was expendable and they would not make or reject a move based on an offensive system.

With all the assets that we gave away in the trade, we could have had CP3 here playing with Melo if we played our cards right and we phucked it up.

Please check Melo's WS48 as a Knick and tell me he did not perform here. Melo has improved and played very well as a knick, nobody can deny that.

He has under performed as a knick in the playoffs, 2 out of his 3 years here. I blame him for that, and even though his supporting cast was brutal and our "other stars" failed to show up at all (lets not give them passes please), I still blame him for the forced shots as I always have.

I have been balanced on him, you know that. Most of the non extremist agenda driven posters on the UK have as well.

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/18/2014  4:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  5:23 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

You have your own parameters/criteria on who should be on the team and I doubt it's parallel to what Phil is thinking...I think Phil will be strictly looking at talent..And I do think Melo is an individual of high character...Much higher than some folks u hold in high regard..I have stated this many times and shown you examples many times for which u have balked many times...I showed you how LeBron lied about his intentions about leaving Cleveland and Melo was at least honest to his team and GM at the time, yet you praise Bron for lying...So maybe I need a new definition for "high character"...Lin didn't want to come back for the Knicks in the playoffs, he didn't want to risk his next contract, you praised that type of decision...Melo plays through injury, bad shoulder in a contract year to try to get to the playoffs...Yet he is deemed "low character"...A player seeking the most for his talents isn't low character, it's smart, it's business...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2014  8:41 AM
It's pretty clear Tyson quit on Woodson this year after Woodson made no defensive adjustments on Hibbert last year. Tyson got a ton of heat for that. I'm sure he pleased to Woodson to adjust and Woodson refused therefore Tyson quit
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/19/2014  9:07 AM
gunsnewing wrote:It's pretty clear Tyson quit on Woodson this year after Woodson made no defensive adjustments on Hibbert last year. Tyson got a ton of heat for that. I'm sure he pleased to Woodson to adjust and Woodson refused therefore Tyson quit

Tyson complained that he doesn't need help and complains when he gets it. Tyson got heat because he was thrown around like a rag doll and was not rebounding the ball. However, woodson has a lot of faults but Tyson needs to chill and look in the mirror. He also needs to stop complaining about a lack of touches. His hold career teams have not figured out how to get him more shots.

Woody still sucks though.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/19/2014  10:16 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:It's pretty clear Tyson quit on Woodson this year after Woodson made no defensive adjustments on Hibbert last year. Tyson got a ton of heat for that. I'm sure he pleased to Woodson to adjust and Woodson refused therefore Tyson quit

Tyson complained that he doesn't need help and complains when he gets it. Tyson got heat because he was thrown around like a rag doll and was not rebounding the ball. However, woodson has a lot of faults but Tyson needs to chill and look in the mirror. He also needs to stop complaining about a lack of touches. His hold career teams have not figured out how to get him more shots.

Tyson also never takes ownership for his bad play and developed a really bad habit of blaming others after his poor performance. His comments to the media regarding the coach throughout tge year seemed to be aimed at getting Woodson fired. Tyson is paid just under 15 mil to play d, and provide leadership on the court and in the locker room. He was pretty awful at the latter two.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/19/2014  10:37 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Tyson also never takes ownership for his bad play and developed a really bad habit of blaming others after his poor performance. His comments to the media regarding the coach throughout tge year seemed to be aimed at getting Woodson fired. Tyson is paid just under 15 mil to play d, and provide leadership on the court and in the locker room. He was pretty awful at the latter two.

To be fair about that, Tyson was complaining about the switching scheme which was stupid and put him on the opposing team's PG way too often.

He has gotten on my nerves with his refusal to take personal responsibility though. He's also seemingly unaware of his limited offensive ability.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/19/2014  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2014  10:46 AM
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

To be fair about that, Tyson was complaining about the switching scheme which was stupid and put him on the opposing team's PG way too often.

He has gotten on my nerves with his refusal to take personal responsibility though. He's also seemingly unaware of his limited offensive ability.

Isn't being unaware of your offensive weaknesses prerequisite for being a Knick?
TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/19/2014  10:47 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Isn't being unaware of your offensive weaknesses prerequisite for being a Knick?

I would hope not
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
4/19/2014  4:38 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:we are having the same problems now as we did when marbury was here... we didn't have it when amare got here... but boy as soon as we started adding the denver malcontents, we are back to the good ole marbury days.... wow....

I look forward to seeing what topics you post about once Melo has gone- you've been stuck in a rut for a long, long time.

he'll be talking about basketball, watchable knick basketball... because that's what you'll likely see once the clowns get the heave-ho

are you guys related? or best friends or something? lol its too funny how you guys behave like long lost lovers KNOWING what the other person will post about in the future. talk about logical thinking

+1 now that's ROTF funny. And real. And the rest of the thread bares it out, so to speak.

ROFL.. playoff ball is on, real teams playing quality ball... why not watch.. maybe you will learn something..

Amare confirms team mutiny against Michael Woodson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy