[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

isiah, steph, AND sweets....
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/17/2004  1:28 PM
I think it either means they don't bring in good players, or they real good players they have don't turn into stars. It is new to me too though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2004  10:24 AM
Starphucked is trading draft picks for players past their prime whom have contracts other teams want to get rid of. Starphucked is also trading any potential asset for a brand name player in hope of winning NOW. Starphucked gets fans all excited and it raised tv ratings and puts seats in the garden.

Starphuching does not win championships, it can get you to the finals. 1993 team, won first two, then lost 4 straight to the Bulls. Team was excellent, but Starphucking gets you the wrong player to execute the one critical moment that makes history: Trading Mark Jax for past prime Doc Rivers and Limp knee Charles Smith. So maybe it takes one more year, but if we had Mark Jx, and a real PF perhaps the next year we could have finished it for good.

Star Phucking gives you the great 6th man Starks as the starter and can't finish the deal in 1994. 1996 starphucked pits Ewing Vs. Nelson and no rebuilding becase of Ewings ego and threat to leave. hence the Vangundy era (suck up to ewings ego, dolan fear of losing him) which prolonged a team in need of over hauling. 1999 finals in short season a fluke. Team funamentally small.....Camby at center, LJ is power forward, and Spree is small forward. No prime time Point guard for years. Cheeks-Rivers-Harper all cost alot to get, all past prime. When you really need one, no more draft picks to deal, and no assets to move. YOu get Ward and childs. Marbury calling out those twos as never winning a championship was a high profile NYKer calling out the Starphuched knicks as pretenders. Marbury of all people smelled the Starphucking and spoke his mind.

Van Gundy even bolted realizing he had no hope.

This goes on and on. McAdoo, Hayword, Webster, all failed Star Phuckers fulfilling the ability to fill seats, but not deliver the ulitmate.

Thats not to say some things have worked, nor take away from the success. But those all could have been higher with a little patience.

Those teams all could have been more legit and longer term success. Historically teams like Boston, Lakers, and the last 10 years the Pacers have shown ability to stay on top. The spurs are also models of smaller markets able to effectively build around a great player. They were all willing to take some risk and cultivate talent.

I don't trust this ownership that treat the team as a "product". I don't trust that Isiah was hired to create a buzz over substance. not with this history. I don't trust that Marbury was not bought in to "starphuch" the fans into buying more tickets and tuning into cablevision (which is what happened). I don't trust them to surround him with the right players. Its a big mans league. They did not surround Ewing properly, they did not rebuild, the Starphucking ideal is what panicked into Eisley, Shandon and fat spoon. Blame Laydog all you want, but he was just the figure head to execute. The whole cluster Phuch of Ewing-Rice thing was a symptom of a bad buisess model and would have happend anyway. Hate Layden? Blame the ownership who put him there.

So excuse me for being suspicious and not buy into all this great Isiah hope.

And that ain't hating my friends, thats tough love demanding substance to these moves and patience to our young players. I don't want Brand if he might be damaged goods and his best years behind him. I don't want sheed if he is just behaving to get a new deal. I don't want webber if he is going to be on and off injured.

Give me guys like Kurt Thomas whom came cheap and turned into a good player. I hope TT is that kind of player whom can come into his own. Lets hope Nazr and Demarr can also grow. But we need to give them a chance, not trade trade trade with "famous" names. Is Stro Swift that kind of player? Give me upside, not downside!

If Isiah can bring a formatble fundamentally sound team I am all for it. But please don't hand me hype anymore about pie in the sky magic deals cuz Isiah in town. This ownership is gutless chicken shoyt in search of ratings only. If Isiah can cut that with Mills I am all for it. A little Starphucking is ok, but 27 years of this is all I can take.

A word to Dolan: The Nets are moving into town and if you panic, we can all see it, and your starphuching will be your undoing. And if the genuine article can be found in Brooklyn, Me and Spike are packing up and moving back home! Tough Knick love! Demand the real deal folks!

diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/18/2004  10:32 AM
I understand your frustration with this franchise, but things have changed for the better. Isia will not allow the owner to influence what he does, believe that. He is a one of a kind type of GM. He will for sure keep ownership involve of his moves, but he will also let ownership know that the decision will above all be his.

Please believe.
The true Knickabocker..........
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/18/2004  10:36 AM
Posted by sebstar:

Yeah TKF, I hear ya.

If one was analyzing it on pure objective basis, the criticism thrown Zeke’s way would seem pretty bizarre. If nothing else, Zeke has changed the meek, loser corporate culture of the Knicks circa 2000-2004.

Not only are some trying to make Zeke inherit Layden’s awful moves, its like they want to re-write history and make it seem as tho Zeke was actually the one that put the Knicks in salary cap hell, and left us with little tangible assets.

Most of these supposed untradable players according to Layden apologists were traded, (still working on you Shandon) and we just so happened to land a 20/8 point guard who has put up nothing but hall of fame numbers and is in the thick of his prime. All of this in just a mere half of a year, and without giving up arguably the two best Knick prospects in Mike Sweetney, and Frank Williams. Yet, we are supposed to be outraged because Zeke gave up a punk named Milos (who played Layden like a fiddle and repeatedly refused to come over here), and a borderline prospect in Lampe to land a 27 y/o stud. Yeah right.

On top of that, Zeke has proven that he will be totally aggressive in reworking and retooling the roster. Yet, some wont even give him a fair chance to get us out the Layden led abyss. Sorry, that Zeke doesn’t posses a magic wand.

But when one throws other outside intangibles into the pot, then the criticism aimed at Zeke and Steph doesn’t seem so bizarre or confusing. I’ll follow your lead and take the high road, but I know exactly where you are coming from.

I am glad you see where I am comming from, you hit the nail on the head with your post, I am just excited that the knicks matter again, and for that I thank zeke, again I can see if zeke came in and made us worse than before but the knicks are better, younger and more marketable..... Keep posting man, I enjoy reading your post...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
5/18/2004  11:20 AM
Nalod: you do what most people are blinded by hate do.. You never let the truth stand in the way of proving your point... You said that this team was only 2 wins better than last year, well that is just a ridiculous comment, remember Zeke came in 20+ games into the season, so to compare this years team to last years team is unfair.. what you need to do is compare this comming season teams to the team of 2002-2003.. that would be a fair comparison and one to be taken seriously..

Next, this star phuched theory of yours is flawed. You mention guys like Webster and Mcadoo, but I ask you, what did the knicks give up to get these guys? did the guys they give up if any ever become stars and lead their teams to championships? And as far as Ewing and Nelson goes, Nelson was right but went about it the wrong way, period. As far as Harper, cheeks and Jackson goes, the knicks traded Jackson realizing that they went as far as they could go with him, and got back rivers, a healthy charles smith at the time who was just 26 years old, and gave the knicks a legitimate chance to win a title, I would like to ask you, please chronicle the careers of both mark Jackson and Rod strickland after they left the knicks.... Decent careers but neither were champions nor made their teams much better, as far as Derek Harper goes, he was a stud, gave the knicks a opportunity to win a ring, and ultimately that is what this is all about... Nalod you want to try to win with average players in a league built around stars, it is not going to happen.... You said the Lakers and Boston have cultivated talent? That is crap, the lakers got lucky with both shaq and Kobe. what kind of cultivating did that take, and as far as boston now... yea they are the model of how to build a team (rolling eyes). The knicks tried to build around Ewing, to give him players that fit his style of play and really when you look at it, it was Ewings selfishness that hurt his team, announcers have been on him about this for the longest. Ewing wanted to be the offensive focus, that is why he and Nelson fell out, but I see you dogg the knicks for giving into Ewing and Star phuching him yet you talk out the other side of your mouth and say the knicks didn't surround him with good players? Whose fault is it Nalod. or are you just looking to find fault period with really no point to your anger....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/18/2004  11:28 AM
so i guess we're just phucked then...since we don't have that many stars to begin with.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
5/18/2004  3:37 PM
Posted by Nalod:

In my defense, I am overly critical of our ownership policy which if goes unchanged will continue to field less than great teams.

The "Isiah love" is just as sickening to hear as all the whining and complaining about everything else. My goodness, some are calling for Lenny's head and want another 6 trades. Isiah gonna........Isiah gonna.........

I will say it again, Laydog was an awful hire. Never ever should have been put in that position.

For all Isiah has done, he has only produced 2 more wins than the previous year.

And yes, I am firmly believeing that our teams only chance is to create Unity. I don't give a flying fist about press reports of whom is eating with whom, and watching games, and how Laydog or checketts did or did not create an environment for unity.

What matters is not whom trades for whom, but the wins that get put up. No exuses.

I support Isiah and wish to hell he can turn this thing around. But don't kid yourself, its not turned around by any means yet. We suck in certain areas. And the fabricated bull crap of "Isiah gonna do this, Isiah gonna do that......" is more star phuching internet dreaming. Y'all just circle jerk in little Knick fantasy trade scenarios all happy cuz Isiah now in charge.

I want a real team, not just a starphucked squad that sells tickets and peters out in the end. Sorry, I expect better and some of you should too. Some of you wanted Magic Johnson. I dig what he does in business, but you listen to him latley? Talk about Star Phuched! Over and over talk about other teams players and how "Isiah gonna get them....." is pure nonsense. We need to cultivate our own players.
How many times we going to throw in Frank williams as a trade? That is silly talk. Let him develope here! And sweets!

All talk about sheed as the savior. I realize he is hurt, but look at the type of game he plays and Raef Lafrenz. Very similar. Oh, Isiah gonna make him play low and bang? Ok by me, but is that Sheeds game at 31 yrs old? Sheed is also kind of nutty if I recall. Im not suggesting Raef, but y'all went balastic when Raef was menitoned.

As for Laydog or other GM's in charge: I hate bloated also ran players as much as you guys. I hate Moochie (just cuz he is not fatspoon is not enough), I hate Shandon, I can't stand having Mutumbo on the team, and am not thrilled with TT. I hate that Checketts agreed to max H20 and Laydog had to honor it.

I wanted this team blown up. Thats my position. Until Isiah gets Marbs the right players to play with he will be a wasted talent only here to sell tickets. Thats right, 6-3 point guards are not saviors.

And yeah, its irrelevent that laydog is gone and his sins of the past. Starphucked Dolan gave you Isiah so all those bad things are now forgiven and you can pay big ticket prices now that Laydog is gone. Dolan is very smart that way. When ever we get stuck, fans can now blame Laydog and his sins. I bet Isiah throwback jerseys are big sellers. Too bad they don't have Knicks on them.

Yes, and after not saying Isiah was great, it says In Isiah we trust in your signature.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/18/2004  11:02 PM
Blinded by hate, your blinded by devout affection for a false premise.

We can go round and round, and finally realize our typing skills and lack of ability and time it takes to clarify every point that we are 80% in agreement.

My signature is there because as a fan I am powerless to change, so I want to believe, and since Isiah gonna do what Isiah gonna do, im going to wish him the best and hope it works out. thats a fan brother! I did the same for Laydog, except I tried and tried to understand what he was doing. ANd finally figured him out, or he began to make sense, BAM he was canned. Ok, im ok with Isiah, really. But I just don't follow his every move and believe like a choir boy to a priest. My expectations are much higher than most, and thus really don't put my faith in this, until I see more substance. Hence, my suggetions are not "Starphucked" trade masterbation talk, but I believe he got his team and needs to see it gel. If an opportunity comes his way, he's got to pounce.

He has yet to prove he is a Jerry West trade master or draft Guru. The only thing he has shown is he can mentor young guys.

I wished Laydog all the success (I was Nedyal back then), and I do the same for Isiah. My critique is often not at Isiah, but the over exuberant fans here whom take every thing on faith from the organization and blindly believe every bit with stars in their eyes.

And the revenue flows into dolans slimy hands. Hence, With stars in the eyes, some fans can't see, or feel they are getting Phuched!
tkf
5/18/2004  11:28 PM
Nalod: stop making it seem as if we are a bunch of 12 year old kids that blindly and hopelessly follow Isaih regardless of what he does. So far Zeke has done a great job with the trades because he has traded 2 players who were labeled untradeable in eisley and spoon and in the meantime he acquired a 26 year old star PG, and two 26 year old players in TT and Naz who are pretty damn good. Then he revitalized both frankie and Sweetney, two first round picks of the knicks. See you critize us for praising his trades and when we say that he has not only made trades but he has uplifted the confidence of the team and two of its young players, you turn around and say well all he is good for is mentoring players... I mean being a good GM is not only trading but making sure the team, the product is one that will succeed and sometimes that comes with investing in players, investing with time and energy and he is doing that.... I like him because he came in and gave this organization instant credibility, made some good moves to make us more athletic and younger and gave us some players that other teams would want therefore giving us some flexibility... I can't see why you don't understand the excitement most have in here, after years of toiling under that cow dung management of layden, this is a much needed breath of fresh air...

Another thing, I think you underestimate the respect factor here, players around the league respect zeke, they want to play for him, and that means a lot, that is the difference of players taking a little bit less to play here or going elsewhere, it creates a air of excitement around here to us fans because we now believe that we have a leader who will give us a chance to legitimately win a championship in the future.... Near future...
isiah, steph, AND sweets....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy