[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

isiah, steph, AND sweets....
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/15/2004  9:54 AM
isiah did an interview with MSG during the stephon marbury to the olympics announcement. he said that he, steph, AND sweetney were going to the detroit/nets game to further their nba education. now we all knew about steph, but sweets too? that's awesome. this is something layden would NEVER do. looks like sweets is part of the knicks future (and i'm crediting aguirre for this one).

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05/15/2004 09:55:51]
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/15/2004  9:58 AM
Sweet!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/15/2004  12:32 PM
yeah man real sweet....

family atmosphere.....now lets win some Championships.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/15/2004  1:05 PM
I'm excited about the upcoming season. I think Marbury and Sweetney are going to be better than last year, hopefully Sweetney playing at a level where KT is expendable.

I also think Frank Williams and DerMarr Johnson will imrpove this offseason. Should be a fun summer league team watching those 3 play together.

Isiah, I think, can piece together the Knicks' assets (3 expiring contracts, Kurt Thomas, Frank Williams, 2nd rounder) to get 1-2 piece in return. I love Frank, but if you can deal him to improve the team you have to. KT might be expendable w/ Sweetney's emergence, and the 3 expiring contracts were almost useless this year. If he can make those 5 players and draft pick turn into 2 better players, then utilize the MLE and LLE, the Knicks will be headed in the right direction.
#Knickstaps
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
5/15/2004  1:27 PM
wow, ty isiah.
I think we're getting a new starting pf whether we get sheed or not. Can't wait to see sweets progress next year.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/15/2004  5:41 PM
while we get some in here who knocks Thomas for some odd reason(and I know why) he is what the knicks needed, someone who could really look at what this organization needed, and take steps to make changes. And not only personell changes but changes within the players thinking, layden did none of this, actually Sweetney was rotting on the bench and that was both layden and chaney's fault, chaney for not playing him and layden for allowing that to happen. I can't wait until next year, I really think that zeke has big plans for sweet..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TRU
Member: #196
USA
5/16/2004  6:43 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

yeah man real sweet....

family atmosphere.....now lets win some Championships.

Yup. I don't care what he does. They can sleep together for all I care. Just Win Baby
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/16/2004  1:07 PM
wow, imagine an NBA GM who actually gets involved in trying to develop the players he acquires...what a novel concept!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2004  2:02 PM
Wow, road trips!

Isiah can get press for road trips. Nobody ever helped a player before. Isiah is great.

Lets move forward from Layden. The dog is gone and what he did or not is irrelevent. Laydog was not a press whore. What he did or did not do was not open for reporting. Good or bad, its just different going forward.

Is lenny too tired to travel? I dig Isiah watching games with the kids, but Lenny is the coach, right?

Im just glad anytime these players are not just sitting in front of a playstation all summer.
sebstar
Member: #249
USA
5/16/2004  3:57 PM
Well, Nalod it looks as if you proved TKF right .

Naturally, you put a negative spin on this attempt at team unity and learning, by making it seems as though this is a grandstand gesture by that spotlight-junkie Isiah, who is merely doing this to usurp Lenny Wilkins’ authority.

Hey, this is the NBA a public entity of the highest order, if Layden wanted to climb under a rock, hide and not have anyone criticize his mentally challenged decisions, then he should have just picked up an application to work at the post office, and not ruin our basketball lives.

And what Layden did to this organization for the years he was here is not irrelevant. Dude got paid millions to be the worst GM ever. Its going to take years to clean the mess he made, where the only bright spot in four years was drafting a couple of second round maybe’s. And by bright spot I mean a 10 watt light bulb.

And if I may say, you are being quite hypocritical Nalod. You act as if its totally outrageous for Knick fans to bring up Scott Layden as if its some sort of ancient history that has no bearing on the current team. That advice doesn’t stop you from bringing up EVERY mistake made by NY Knicks management (conveniently skipping the Layden era of course!!) . All of which is couched in an attempt to bury Isiah and the Marbury trade with this idea of Star-Phuching, by linking Zeke with the bad moves of Knick past.

Rather “star-phuch” then hideously overpay for scrubs because they are either “nice” or from Utah because I don’t know what the “phuch” I am doing…phuch.
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/16/2004  8:18 PM
It would be funny if Sweetney comes into the summer league like a bat outta hell and dominates. That would just be straight up awesome. The Knicks wouldn't even have to make a trade for a superstar.

Knicks still need to get more talented. It's one thing if you can keep up with a high scoring team but can you win the game. Knicks don't have too many players that make those big shots or big plays.

Sweetney alone with his game is good enough because he has post moves, rebounds well, he can hit the 15fter, he runs the floor, finnishes strong and had a knack for getting to the line. If he can get into NBA shape and continue to work hard he will be that guy for us.

Like someone mentioned, you can't give Layden credit because Sweetney was putting up Okafor numbers in college except Sweetney is the better scorer. It wasn't a sleeper pick. With all the talent picked ahead of him he was destined to be picked where he was.

I'm rooting for Sweets but the Knicks don't have time to bank on whether a good rookie can become a dominant player.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/16/2004  8:56 PM
Posted by sebstar:

Well, Nalod it looks as if you proved TKF right .

Naturally, you put a negative spin on this attempt at team unity and learning, by making it seems as though this is a grandstand gesture by that spotlight-junkie Isiah, who is merely doing this to usurp Lenny Wilkins’ authority.

Hey, this is the NBA a public entity of the highest order, if Layden wanted to climb under a rock, hide and not have anyone criticize his mentally challenged decisions, then he should have just picked up an application to work at the post office, and not ruin our basketball lives.

And what Layden did to this organization for the years he was here is not irrelevant. Dude got paid millions to be the worst GM ever. Its going to take years to clean the mess he made, where the only bright spot in four years was drafting a couple of second round maybe’s. And by bright spot I mean a 10 watt light bulb.

And if I may say, you are being quite hypocritical Nalod. You act as if its totally outrageous for Knick fans to bring up Scott Layden as if its some sort of ancient history that has no bearing on the current team. That advice doesn’t stop you from bringing up EVERY mistake made by NY Knicks management (conveniently skipping the Layden era of course!!) . All of which is couched in an attempt to bury Isiah and the Marbury trade with this idea of Star-Phuching, by linking Zeke with the bad moves of Knick past.

Rather “star-phuch” then hideously overpay for scrubs because they are either “nice” or from Utah because I don’t know what the “phuch” I am doing…phuch.
Great post, I mean I am confused about some of these posters, they have yet to give any reason to hate IT and Marbury, no good reason at all, and when I see that it just leads me to believe several thing which I will not go into, but for whatever reason it just confuses me. And you are right, they want to ignore the layden and then turn around and blame Thomas for killing a future that was comprimised long ago by layden. all thomas tried to do is clean up his mess and in the interim he got rid of two European players, one who was too chicken to come here and compete, he got rid of eisley and fat spoon, and in return we got a young star PG, another good young vet in TT and Nazr and a good veteran in Penny, this team is headed in the right direction especially with thomas paying attention to young guys like sweetney and Williams.. All this star phuching talk is just dry and tired and it has no bearing on this current regime...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
sebstar
Member: #249
USA
5/16/2004  9:57 PM
Yeah TKF, I hear ya.

If one was analyzing it on pure objective basis, the criticism thrown Zeke’s way would seem pretty bizarre. If nothing else, Zeke has changed the meek, loser corporate culture of the Knicks circa 2000-2004.

Not only are some trying to make Zeke inherit Layden’s awful moves, its like they want to re-write history and make it seem as tho Zeke was actually the one that put the Knicks in salary cap hell, and left us with little tangible assets.

Most of these supposed untradable players according to Layden apologists were traded, (still working on you Shandon) and we just so happened to land a 20/8 point guard who has put up nothing but hall of fame numbers and is in the thick of his prime. All of this in just a mere half of a year, and without giving up arguably the two best Knick prospects in Mike Sweetney, and Frank Williams. Yet, we are supposed to be outraged because Zeke gave up a punk named Milos (who played Layden like a fiddle and repeatedly refused to come over here), and a borderline prospect in Lampe to land a 27 y/o stud. Yeah right.

On top of that, Zeke has proven that he will be totally aggressive in reworking and retooling the roster. Yet, some wont even give him a fair chance to get us out the Layden led abyss. Sorry, that Zeke doesn’t posses a magic wand.

But when one throws other outside intangibles into the pot, then the criticism aimed at Zeke and Steph doesn’t seem so bizarre or confusing. I’ll follow your lead and take the high road, but I know exactly where you are coming from.
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
Nalod
USA
5/17/2004  10:02 AM
In my defense, I am overly critical of our ownership policy which if goes unchanged will continue to field less than great teams.

The "Isiah love" is just as sickening to hear as all the whining and complaining about everything else. My goodness, some are calling for Lenny's head and want another 6 trades. Isiah gonna........Isiah gonna.........

I will say it again, Laydog was an awful hire. Never ever should have been put in that position.

For all Isiah has done, he has only produced 2 more wins than the previous year.

And yes, I am firmly believeing that our teams only chance is to create Unity. I don't give a flying fist about press reports of whom is eating with whom, and watching games, and how Laydog or checketts did or did not create an environment for unity.

What matters is not whom trades for whom, but the wins that get put up. No exuses.

I support Isiah and wish to hell he can turn this thing around. But don't kid yourself, its not turned around by any means yet. We suck in certain areas. And the fabricated bull crap of "Isiah gonna do this, Isiah gonna do that......" is more star phuching internet dreaming. Y'all just circle jerk in little Knick fantasy trade scenarios all happy cuz Isiah now in charge.

I want a real team, not just a starphucked squad that sells tickets and peters out in the end. Sorry, I expect better and some of you should too. Some of you wanted Magic Johnson. I dig what he does in business, but you listen to him latley? Talk about Star Phuched! Over and over talk about other teams players and how "Isiah gonna get them....." is pure nonsense. We need to cultivate our own players.
How many times we going to throw in Frank williams as a trade? That is silly talk. Let him develope here! And sweets!

All talk about sheed as the savior. I realize he is hurt, but look at the type of game he plays and Raef Lafrenz. Very similar. Oh, Isiah gonna make him play low and bang? Ok by me, but is that Sheeds game at 31 yrs old? Sheed is also kind of nutty if I recall. Im not suggesting Raef, but y'all went balastic when Raef was menitoned.

As for Laydog or other GM's in charge: I hate bloated also ran players as much as you guys. I hate Moochie (just cuz he is not fatspoon is not enough), I hate Shandon, I can't stand having Mutumbo on the team, and am not thrilled with TT. I hate that Checketts agreed to max H20 and Laydog had to honor it.

I wanted this team blown up. Thats my position. Until Isiah gets Marbs the right players to play with he will be a wasted talent only here to sell tickets. Thats right, 6-3 point guards are not saviors.

And yeah, its irrelevent that laydog is gone and his sins of the past. Starphucked Dolan gave you Isiah so all those bad things are now forgiven and you can pay big ticket prices now that Laydog is gone. Dolan is very smart that way. When ever we get stuck, fans can now blame Laydog and his sins. I bet Isiah throwback jerseys are big sellers. Too bad they don't have Knicks on them.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/17/2004  10:09 AM
let's see, isiah comes into ny in december. has one trading deadline and no offseason to make moves. makes two big time deals. his 20ppg sg gets hurt. changes coaches and only produces two more wins.

you're 100% right. we are all so blind and nalod, you, my man, you are the truth.

i'm going to give you just one little piece of advice i gave someone else on another board:

take $100 (either from your bank account or your moms purse), go down to the west side highway, pay a hooker, and get laid, i mean, get your star "phucked".

patience dude, patience...
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/17/2004  11:01 AM
We need TMack, but not at the expense of Marburry. Tmack would never agree to come to N.Y without having Marburry as a team-mate. Without Marburry, New York would resembled the current Magic.
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2004  12:38 PM
Nalod, I read you post but you didnt really say anything. I'm sure where you get all the 'Isiah love' from. I think people are excited because he can make some moves. What excites me most about Isiah is it appears he's commited to improving from within. We all know how bad Layden was, but what killed me was the total lach of accountability. Spoon came in fat every year and nobody peeped. Nobody every got better because they were never pushed to do so.

Now we see our GM bringing MArbury and Sweetney to playoff games in a mentoring role. Its just nice to see.

Personally I dont think for a minute we are getting Tmac, Kobe or even Sheed. I think Isiah will probably try to get another prospect or two and work on making our current group better as a unit and better as individuals.

My wife asked me last year if the GM was *trying* to ruin the team. For 3-4 years it certainly seemed that way. This is a rebuilding process. Even if its with veterans first like a Marbury its still a rebuilding purging process.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/17/2004  1:07 PM
I agree with everything you just said, fishmike. Isiah is enthusiastic with what he has, but he isn't satissfied. He is making sure they they all take strides to make improvement.

Layden- We will do whatever we can to improve the team, but we are happy with what we have, and I am sure they will eventually become good. Trust me.

Isiah- We are not happy until we win a championship. I like our assets, but they can still improve. I am gonna have them work hard and and show me that they can totally extend their capabilities. In the meantime, I am going to be looking hard and long for a couple of other assets, and try and get them with the MLE or via trade or sign and trade. I can't guarantee we do anything big this Summer, but I can promise you that our players will be improved through hard work. And I can tell you that we will be doing all we can to get Allan back on his feet
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
5/17/2004  1:11 PM
I thought laydog was FINALLY on to somthing. He deserved to be fired as he lost credability with his trading suggestions amung his peers.

I agree we must grow from within, but all assuming Isiah gonna keep this pace is great for fan interest, but at some point it does stop.

I did not say anything new, but getting slammed by others whom keep saying the same old, but don't like any objecive critic is a bore un-to itself.

Yeah my StarPHucking is getting old, but so is this fabricated "Isiah Love" of what he gonna do next!

I want Isiah to be the real deal. He got the shaft from Indiana, but funny thing is he was fired more for not bringing a no-excuse attitude and sense of urgency to the Pacers. Being young, being passionate, being unstable was getting old to the ownership group, so they added Larry Bird to Donnie Walsh and Bird took the heat for ridding themselves of Isiah. Its seems around here it was just Larry whom fired Isiah for personal Reasons. But it does not happen without the owners blessing, nor the general Manager. It also seems around here that the Pacers were "Isiahs team", but it was Donnie Walsh who put it together. Isiah did a nice job mentoring those kids, and perhaps they needed a toughter approach to get to the next level.

But lets not forget, Isiah was a great player, but has shown a mixed result in his post player days. Sure anything may appear better than Laydogs tenure, and Isiah's hope is yet unrealized. So lets not give him a hero's welcome until he has done somthing except make a lot of trades and potential is actualized.

Layden might have sucked, but we should demand a lot from the ownership. They have starphucked us for many years!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/17/2004  1:17 PM
Posted by Nalod:
But lets not forget, Isiah was a great player, but has shown a mixed result in his post player days. Sure anything may appear better than Laydogs tenure, and Isiah's hope is yet unrealized. So lets not give him a hero's welcome until he has done somthing except make a lot of trades and potential is actualized.

Layden might have sucked, but we should demand a lot from the ownership. They have starphucked us for many years!

Isiah has a lot to prove here, because his post player NBA career has been OK at best.

Would someboby please explain the the starphucked concept to me?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
isiah, steph, AND sweets....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy