mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  12:17 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Don't forget that odom is a moveable piece as his 2nd year is a team option. Like Gadzuric was in the brilliant Felton trade.

My biggest fear is reliving the Isiah days and Phil using Amare & Bargs contracts to bring it in the josh smiths of the world because he thinks they will do well in their roles. Maybe but I don't want to be subjected to watching more low IQ chuck chuck basketball. I think it was Phil who suggested acquiring Josh to Dumars yowser

I much rather suck next year. Draft well add complementary FA pieces after 2015 BUT THE KNICKS ARE NEVER PATIENT

just playing devil's advocate, You dont see a role Josh Smith could play on a winning team? Brandon Jennings is garbage but Josh Smith is really solid. Played on some bad teams etc... but has some damn good tools.

you are just confirming how myopic and narrow-minded you are in terms of judging talent and forming a winner. josh smith is just a one-inch taller version of anthony just like marbury was a five inch shorter version of anthony. honestly you cannot be serious, or at this point cannot be taken seriously.

Josh Smith sucks but comparing him to Anthony just confirms how myopic and narrow-minded you are when it comes to Melo.

i think your issue is with fishmike who implied that the two players are comparable.

Ok. If you were not implying that they are equals of the Josh Smith is anywhere close to Anthony then I apologize.

He is your kind of defender though

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  12:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Don't forget that odom is a moveable piece as his 2nd year is a team option. Like Gadzuric was in the brilliant Felton trade.

My biggest fear is reliving the Isiah days and Phil using Amare & Bargs contracts to bring it in the josh smiths of the world because he thinks they will do well in their roles. Maybe but I don't want to be subjected to watching more low IQ chuck chuck basketball. I think it was Phil who suggested acquiring Josh to Dumars yowser

I much rather suck next year. Draft well add complementary FA pieces after 2015 BUT THE KNICKS ARE NEVER PATIENT

just playing devil's advocate, You dont see a role Josh Smith could play on a winning team? Brandon Jennings is garbage but Josh Smith is really solid. Played on some bad teams etc... but has some damn good tools.

you are just confirming how myopic and narrow-minded you are in terms of judging talent and forming a winner. josh smith is just a one-inch taller version of anthony just like marbury was a five inch shorter version of anthony. honestly you cannot be serious, or at this point cannot be taken seriously.

Josh Smith sucks but comparing him to Anthony just confirms how myopic and narrow-minded you are when it comes to Melo.

i think your issue is with fishmike who implied that the two players are comparable.

Ok. If you were not implying that they are equals of the Josh Smith is anywhere close to Anthony then I apologize.

not a great defender, maybe a bit better than anthony. still suffers from chuckitis and is not a playmaker but at least shares the ball fairly well in the offense.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  12:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

not a great defender, maybe a bit better than anthony. still suffers from chuckitis and is not a playmaker but at least shares the ball fairly well in the offense.

3.2 assists is not that much better than Melo's 3.1 (shares the ball well? is that a compliment to Melo? (careful there ...). They both don't share the ball enough.

He is a pretty talented defender when he wants to be and a very good shot blocker.

Is a horrible chucker. He is much worse in Detroit than he was in Atlanta (and I hated his game then)

His TS tells it all.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/18/2014  12:55 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:

3.2 assists is not that much better than Melo's 3.1 (shares the ball well? is that a compliment to Melo? (careful there ...). They both don't share the ball enough.

He is a pretty talented defender when he wants to be and a very good shot blocker.

Is a horrible chucker. He is much worse in Detroit than he was in Atlanta (and I hated his game then)

His TS tells it all.

Josh Smith was possibly the best wing defender there was numbers wise last year and many years before that. He also defended the post well.

If people think Melo is a bad defender or doesn't defend then they clearly are lost.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/18/2014  2:42 PM
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad, you can't have it both ways.

He can't be a good player on a bad team that only won 37 games because his strengths and ego lead to all the losses. If his strengths and stupidity led to 37 wins, how is he a good player on a bad team? That would be a bad player on a bad team, right? How did his strengths and ego produce 54 wins, and please don't give me the Coach PepsiKidd and his .07 FG% argument.

The argument is Melo has been consistently good, this entire season; the only player on this team to do so. There is also an element here insisting, like you do, for personal reasons, that coming off the best individual season of his career (things like rebounding and defense -- you know things like blocks and steals come to mind) he's somehow not worth it. Or put more succinctly, he's not worth anything. Or he should prepare himself to make something akin to the MLE in order "fit in".

Saying Chicago is a good option is brilliant. They are a better team. With a better coach. And what, exactly, do you see Chicago paying Melo to be an important cog?

And if Melo ends up in Chicago and they win a chip, I suppose it would have been despite Melo's strengths and ego, right?

Honestly, I can't even make sense of what you're talking about. You spend all your time demarcating 'my side' vs. 'your side' and arguing with your own made-up foes. I can only hope you're related to Melo, or you might just be nuts.

Honestly, you obviously don't even read your own sht, and it's really no surprise you can't understand simple concepts. You spout crap about "good player" / "bad team" and then explain everything "bad" is because of the "good player". Typical Melohate couched in a backhanded compliment.

And like your cronies, when all else fails, don't address anything brought up that refutes your points, just feign basketball brilliance and use the ad hominem.

Try explaining away "strengths and ego" and 54 wins. It would be a start. And try not to do it with the 40 year-old-can't-make-a-layup PG as the star reason for it. It's insipid and Melo was still Melo even when Jkidd was able to actually run up and down the floor.

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  2:49 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:In many ways Melo is an extension of the Isiah era. The MO was aquire any talented player possible in any way possible. No consideration to how it affects the roster, or if your other pieces fit, or if their styles of play mesh... nothing. Just throw poop on the wall and see if it sticks.

If Phil and company see Melo as piece to their puzzle then great. If they trade him for other pieces of their puzzle great. Its my opinion that because he's still playing at a high level and his game improves each year AND we have one pick in the next 3 years AND Phil probably didnt come here for 5 years at age 95 to watch rookies possibly develop or not, that we keep him and add pieces that fit. He's a scorer. You always need a scorer. The Bulls have an MVP PG, one of the best bigs in the game and seem willing to pay Boozer $17mm to sit home and trade Taj Gibson whos a beast for nothing just to add this scorer. We will see, but ultimately I want exactly what you mentioned... synergy in the FO and on the bench. Something we have not seen here since Riley left.

+1 fish.
I don't understand how the wannabe realgms in here don't get this.
This franchise has never done the build from the draft thing. Ever. Ewing don't count, that (as the dearly departed playa would tell you with crayoned youtube vids) was a conspiracy.

This is not San Antonio. Or OKC. Or Indy. Whining for that way of life is akin to pinning your hopes and dreams on lottery tickets. Actually, it's worse. Even when we imported Indy's management, we still ended up being the Knicks. Amazing, isn't it?

For people who value rational realism, you get fairly few posts about it.

it is the height of irrationality to say you can't rebuild in new york. why can't you? please explain that to me.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
toad
Member: #4338

4/18/2014  2:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

He can't be a good player on a bad team that only won 37 games because his strengths and ego lead to all the losses. If his strengths and stupidity led to 37 wins, how is he a good player on a bad team? That would be a bad player on a bad team, right? How did his strengths and ego produce 54 wins, and please don't give me the Coach PepsiKidd and his .07 FG% argument.

The argument is Melo has been consistently good, this entire season; the only player on this team to do so. There is also an element here insisting, like you do, for personal reasons, that coming off the best individual season of his career (things like rebounding and defense -- you know things like blocks and steals come to mind) he's somehow not worth it. Or put more succinctly, he's not worth anything. Or he should prepare himself to make something akin to the MLE in order "fit in".

Saying Chicago is a good option is brilliant. They are a better team. With a better coach. And what, exactly, do you see Chicago paying Melo to be an important cog?

And if Melo ends up in Chicago and they win a chip, I suppose it would have been despite Melo's strengths and ego, right?

Honestly, I can't even make sense of what you're talking about. You spend all your time demarcating 'my side' vs. 'your side' and arguing with your own made-up foes. I can only hope you're related to Melo, or you might just be nuts.

Honestly, you obviously don't even read your own sht, and it's really no surprise you can't understand simple concepts. You spout crap about "good player" / "bad team" and then explain everything "bad" is because of the "good player". Typical Melohate couched in a backhanded compliment.

And like your cronies, when all else fails, don't address anything brought up that refutes your points, just feign basketball brilliance and use the ad hominem.

Try explaining away "strengths and ego" and 54 wins. It would be a start. And try not to do it with the 40 year-old-can't-make-a-layup PG as the star reason for it. It's insipid and Melo was still Melo even when Jkidd was able to actually run up and down the floor.

Go take your medication. You'll feel better.

jrodmc
USA
4/18/2014  2:56 PM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:In many ways Melo is an extension of the Isiah era. The MO was aquire any talented player possible in any way possible. No consideration to how it affects the roster, or if your other pieces fit, or if their styles of play mesh... nothing. Just throw poop on the wall and see if it sticks.

If Phil and company see Melo as piece to their puzzle then great. If they trade him for other pieces of their puzzle great. Its my opinion that because he's still playing at a high level and his game improves each year AND we have one pick in the next 3 years AND Phil probably didnt come here for 5 years at age 95 to watch rookies possibly develop or not, that we keep him and add pieces that fit. He's a scorer. You always need a scorer. The Bulls have an MVP PG, one of the best bigs in the game and seem willing to pay Boozer $17mm to sit home and trade Taj Gibson whos a beast for nothing just to add this scorer. We will see, but ultimately I want exactly what you mentioned... synergy in the FO and on the bench. Something we have not seen here since Riley left.

+1 fish.
This franchise has never done the build from the draft thing. Ever. Ewing don't count, that (as the dearly departed playa would tell you with crayoned youtube vids) was a conspiracy.

This is not San Antonio. Or OKC. Or Indy. Whining for that way of life is akin to pinning your hopes and dreams on lottery tickets. Actually, it's worse. Even when we imported Indy's management, we still ended up being the Knicks. Amazing, isn't it?

it is the height of irrationality to say you can't rebuild in new york. why can't you? please explain that to me.

Then tell me when that's ever happened with the Knicks. And try and be rational about it. And explain how that's going to happen in Dolan's lifetime. Please.

jrodmc
USA
4/18/2014  2:58 PM
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Go take your medication. You'll feel better.

Great retort. Go ask dad to explain the big words to you.

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  3:17 PM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1 fish.

Then tell me when that's ever happened with the Knicks. And try and be rational about it. And explain how that's going to happen in Dolan's lifetime. Please.

dumb it down for me a bit-- instead of responding to my question with a question and demanding an explanation: explain to me why can't you rebuild in new york?

jrodmc
USA
4/18/2014  3:26 PM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1 fish.

dumb it down for me a bit-- instead of responding to my question with a question and demanding an explanation: explain to me why can't you rebuild in new york?

No one's saying it can't be done. I'm saying, if you'd bother to read, it isn't done. And no amount of whining and pining for the SA way is going to change that.

It's the height and the definition of insipient insanity to think that by watching the same thing happen over and over again that someday, if you talk about it enough, you're going to get a different result.

Now, tell me why you think it's rational, given the history of this franchise we both supposedly love and cherish, and the current owner, who we both agree is a consensus moron, that rebuilding in going to happen in New York. And to be clear, I'm talking about the Knicks, not Brooklyn.

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  3:38 PM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1 fish.

No one's saying it can't be done. I'm saying, if you'd bother to read, it isn't done. And no amount of whining and pining for the SA way is going to change that.

It's the height and the definition of insipient insanity to think that by watching the same thing happen over and over again that someday, if you talk about it enough, you're going to get a different result.

Now, tell me why you think it's rational, given the history of this franchise we both supposedly love and cherish, and the current owner, who we both agree is a consensus moron, that rebuilding in going to happen in New York. And to be clear, I'm talking about the Knicks, not Brooklyn.

Simple: the client base for Dolan reflects Dolan's lowbrow values. Knick fans are pretty much crass nouveau riche corporate arrivistes and just your typical urban riffraff. both factions comprise the vast majority of people who go to the garden. all are lowbrow.

what they have in common is that they, like dolan, believe that the sport itself is entertainment and a business.

if you want to build a team in New York you have to be courageous, not greedy, patient, as well as have the brass balls to re-educate the fanbase. if they don't want to come watch a team struggle in its germinal stages you can't stop them. but the garden will always be full enough because of population density.

New York fans used to be a whole lot more knowledgeable about the game. now not so much.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/18/2014  4:08 PM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1 fish.

Simple: the client base for Dolan reflects Dolan's lowbrow values. Knick fans are pretty much crass nouveau riche corporate arrivistes and just your typical urban riffraff. both factions comprise the vast majority of people who go to the garden. all are lowbrow.

what they have in common is that they, like dolan, believe that the sport itself is entertainment and a business.

if you want to build a team in New York you have to be courageous, not greedy, patient, as well as have the brass balls to re-educate the fanbase. if they don't want to come watch a team struggle in its germinal stages you can't stop them. but the garden will always be full enough because of population density.

New York fans used to be a whole lot more knowledgeable about the game. now not so much.

Urban riffraff? And you say Melo has an over inflated sense of himself.

And you do realise sport is entertainment and a business, don't you?

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  4:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1 fish.

Urban riffraff? And you say Melo has an over inflated sense of himself.

And you do realise sport is entertainment and a business, don't you?

no it isn't, not exclusively so... though that is the way it has been here for too long and you may have resigned yourself to that approach along with jrod and others.

if we want a title in new york ever again then it's time that people like you try to see matters differently. god knows the knicks have to, which is why it's great that dolan is doing his part to be completely uninvolved. we shall see.

Melo MRI: tear in right labrum

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy