mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/13/2014  9:30 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I would pay to see Jimmy Butler and Shump play one on one and by pay I mean watch it on a free stream.

the object of basketball is to put the ball through the hoop.

Jimmy Butler actually had a promising offensive season last year.

Shump did as well working with Hopla.

Yeah, I mean a real promising and productive season with a TS around 57% I believe. I did have hopes for Shump because I though he was turning the corner at the end of last year. Whatever happened to Hopla?

Butler did have a really good offensive year last year. This year he is still miles better than Shump

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/13/2014  9:40 PM
How much would jumping up to 90%+ ft shooting impact Melo's TS?
mreinman

4/13/2014  9:43 PM
shump - ugh
mreinman

4/13/2014  9:46 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:How much would jumping up to 90%+ ft shooting impact Melo's TS?

need to do the math but probably would put him at 59+. He is a good FT shooter and don't know if he can improve that. How he can improve is removing many of those contested 2's from his repertoire.

yellowboy90

4/13/2014  9:52 PM
do you think thibs would get the axe if chi loses in the 1st?
mreinman

4/13/2014  9:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:How much would jumping up to 90%+ ft shooting impact Melo's TS?

need to do the math but probably would put him at 59+. He is a good FT shooter and don't know if he can improve that. How he can improve is removing many of those contested 2's from his repertoire.

Just did the math. If he would have hit 30 more FT's, he would be at 90%.

With that, he would only jump 1% to 57.

Its the long range contested 2's that is the problem

mreinman

4/13/2014  9:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:do you think thibs would get the axe if chi loses in the 1st?

No. Not without Rose.

Its hard to win with a Point Center

yellowboy90

4/13/2014  9:58 PM
mreinman wrote:

No. Not without Rose.

true but Noah might be the better point. It just seems that CHi might be looking for a reason to fire Thibs.

mreinman

4/13/2014  10:00 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

No. Not without Rose.

true but Noah might be the better point. It just seems that CHi might be looking for a reason to fire Thibs.

Yeah ... Chicago does not want to pay him being the cheapsters that they have always been.

mreinman

4/13/2014  10:04 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Tyson is such a fake tough guy at times.

haha - I was just thinking.

Now you decide to knock someone on their ass. What a complete dikhead.

I do like Tyson but just think some people overvalue what he does. I think he sets pretty good screens though unlike other posters. Maybe I should pay more attention. I don't like how he runs behind the ball handler's back after the pnr at times though.

His screens are terrible! He barely makes contact. Watch Paul Millsap set picks then compare it to Tyson's girly picks.

yellowboy90

4/13/2014  10:05 PM
Chi Needs to fire Thibs then Noah force a trade to NY? lol. To bad Noah isn't younger. He is wasting his prime years with a team going nowhere.
mreinman

4/13/2014  10:08 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Chi Needs to fire Thibs then Noah force a trade to NY? lol. To bad Noah isn't younger. He is wasting his prime years with a team going nowhere.

How good will they be with Melo and Rose next year?

yellowboy90

4/13/2014  10:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Chi Needs to fire Thibs then Noah force a trade to NY? lol. To bad Noah isn't younger. He is wasting his prime years with a team going nowhere.

Who knows, all three are injury candidates with foot, knee, and shoulder issues, although, Melo will get more rest and P.T. to help his shoulders. From what I have seen of Melo as a Knick he seems to put real work in the off-season to improve a certain aspect of his game and if I'm Chi I would have him working on a ton of back cuts. I would do a lot of High Intensiity Interval Training in every aspect of his summer training. Jogging, Biking, running, boxing, swimming, and etc. Swimming might be a good exercise for Melo to build his shoulders. I'm not a physical therapist or trainer though.

I would also, have Butler and Melo work out together and have Butler do more post work if he moves to the 2. He want get a ton of post touches but he should get a few a game ala Wade because of his size advantage at that position. It has been reported that he works with players and he took Griffin under his wing during the Olympic trials/practices and trained with him again this summer during the Jordan tour. I am not saying that Griffin success is due to Melo but he shows players pointers.

Adding a real 3pt threat on the wings that can play the 4 when Dunleavy comes in would be something truly interesting. In the end I think it depends on Rose and if Melo can raise his efficiency like he did Iverson. You can't really sag of Melo like you would Deng. It would possibly give Noah and Rose more space to work and create.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/13/2014  10:32 PM
thank you knicks.

now just lay down on wednesday and we all good.

mreinman

4/13/2014  10:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Who knows, all three are injury candidates with foot, knee, and shoulder issues, although, Melo will get more rest and P.T. to help his shoulders. From what I have seen of Melo as a Knick he seems to put real work in the off-season to improve a certain aspect of his game and if I'm Chi I would have him working on a ton of back cuts. I would do a lot of High Intensiity Interval Training in every aspect of his summer training. Jogging, Biking, running, boxing, swimming, and etc. Swimming might be a good exercise for Melo to build his shoulders. I'm not a physical therapist or trainer though.

I would also, have Butler and Melo work out together and have Butler do more post work if he moves to the 2. He want get a ton of post touches but he should get a few a game ala Wade because of his size advantage at that position. It has been reported that he works with players and he took Griffin under his wing during the Olympic trials/practices and trained with him again this summer during the Jordan tour. I am not saying that Griffin success is due to Melo but he shows players pointers.

Adding a real 3pt threat on the wings that can play the 4 when Dunleavy comes in would be something truly interesting. In the end I think it depends on Rose and if Melo can raise his efficiency like he did Iverson. You can't really sag of Melo like you would Deng. It would possibly give Noah and Rose more space to work and create.

I think Melo could do really well in Chicago but I actually think he is a better fit for Houston with Harden. Melo has become one of the best catch and shoot players in the game, Harden and Houston will create many more of these opportunities than Chicago (depending on Rose). However, in Houston, Melo would have to cut out all the long mid range shots. Houston does not take long 2's.

"and if Melo can raise his efficiency like he did Iverson"

Not sure what you mean by this. His efficiency is much better now than it was then.

yellowboy90

4/13/2014  11:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I think Melo could do really well in Chicago but I actually think he is a better fit for Houston with Harden. Melo has become one of the best catch and shoot players in the game, Harden and Houston will create many more of these opportunities than Chicago (depending on Rose). However, in Houston, Melo would have to cut out all the long mid range shots. Houston does not take long 2's.

Not sure what you mean by this. His efficiency is much better now than it was then.

raise Rose efficiency like he did Iverson. There was an article a year ago about how his teammates are usually more efficient with Melo on the floor. I think Harden and Rose would have about the same effect. Rose passes the ball a lot more. If Butler shooting goes back up then I might would go with Chi over Hou because of the eastern conference.

mreinman

4/13/2014  11:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2014  11:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

raise Rose efficiency like he did Iverson. There was an article a year ago about how his teammates are usually more efficient with Melo on the floor. I think Harden and Rose would have about the same effect. Rose passes the ball a lot more. If Butler shooting goes back up then I might would go with Chi over Hou because of the eastern conference.

I would like to see that article (if you can dig it up). Not sure I buy that. JR was much more efficient on Denver. Felton is awful with Melo. Amre is not more efficient. Shump? Not efficient at all by cant compare.

Harden is super efficient already but I am sure that Melo can get him more open looks.

Game Thread: Knicks vs. DaBulls "Time To See The Yutes"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy