[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

T-mac to opt out
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/14/2004  7:56 PM
Briggy, I can't believe your taking the bait.

I read all the deals on this thread, but all use forget, Isiah got that magic trading wand!
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/14/2004  8:38 PM
just resigned to the fact of reality. what i wanted this team to do hasnt been done in the period after we went to the finals. there was an opportunistic time to do it and they just wont. the way they figure things out finacially trading for webber would not change next years cap --dolan said he takes the finances y-y if im sacremento i want out of webber, who else would you pawn him off on. im not saying i love it, but atleast it would be an added entertainment and perhaps something better to watch????

would i doubt that isiah could bring in both dampier and webber? no because he can sell dampier and use dolanbucks to get webber. we really are a big name player in FA but just in a different way like mcdyess van horn starbury etc....

would i rather have miami's core and what they are doing there? yes but thats not the knicks
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/15/2004  5:03 PM
"would i rather have miami's core and what they are doing there? yes but thats not the knicks"

Who wouldnt? Miami is in that position because they understood after Zo they needed 2-3 years to rebuild and restock, rather than trade assets away for McDyess or build around KVH.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
5/16/2004  2:04 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

well IMHO, there is a legit chance that the Knicks could offer Marbury for Tmac. It would be hard to go around the league and find a better player than Marbury who would be dealt which would make sense. Orlando would likely make us take Howards contract and possibly take back Sweetney, but I think in our position even with the bad back at 24 years old you have to do what you can to go for a deal like this. I dont know at the end of the day if the knicks are a better club, but but Mcgrady is a guy who has top 5 talent and with our pay structure and his age I think that becomes a priority situation. If we give them a package that included
Marbury
Sweetney + end contract
for Mcgrady
Howard

I think you have to do that. There would have to be some other moves done but that would leave the knicks at

6-10 Nazr
6-9 Howard
6-10 Thomas
6-9 Mcgrady
fill in the blank Frank Williams?
7-2 Mutumbo
6-9 Thomas
6-9 Johnson
Houston 6-6
young vet PG
Baker 6-11

If you are looking to trade Steph fot T-MAC I would have to pick up Rafer Alston as a good replacement that would favor Lenny's coaching directives. I think Skip should be available this summer.

I would favor T-MAC + Howard + 2005 second round pick for Steph + KT
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
5/16/2004  2:29 PM
And if the mega store is open I would trade something like.....

NY trades: KT & Steph
NY gets: Antoine Walker + Juwan Howard + Josh Howard

Dallas trades: Josh Howard + Danny Forston + Antoine Walker
Dallas gets: CWebb + Pat Garrity

Sactown trades: CWebb+ Brad Miller
Sactown gets: T-MAC + Danny Forston + Kurt Thomas

Magic trades: T-MAC + Pat Garrity + Juwan Howard
Magic gets: Steph & Brad Miller
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/16/2004  2:37 PM
I don't want Antoine, he stinks.

Stop with these fantasies, McGrady won't be traded for Marbury. I have a better chance of getting drafted in the first round.
#Knickstaps
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
5/17/2004  8:56 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Mcgrady has some risk, but so does Marbury and hes not Tmac. The one player I thought wed have a chance to get this offseason[without mentioning it] was Webber. I think if Sacremento goes down, I think it's in their best interests financially to get rid of Webber. Its a scary proposition because hes still signed long term at huge $$$$ + hes 31 but as Nolad said, the NY Knicks are star phuckers first and foremost. If the Knicks aqcuired Webber and Mcgrady and lured in Dampier, they would sell out the season before it started and that would put their TV advertising into another price range because that would jack their viewing 33%+ IMHO. Playoffs in the east a given, and likely to have the ability to move on 2-3 rounds. The Knicks at the end of the day are a side show much more so than any club. Look at the Rangers IO. Same thing Star phuckers but in the NBA stars like Mcrady and Webber on the same team in the east is going to be formidable and more importantly to the knicks--it will generate huge interest. Webber is a player who could be had for a money deal, something like Thomas and ending contracts.

I would LOVE to hear how you propose we would get TMac AND Webber?!
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/18/2004  5:02 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by raven:

I love your post, but this one was too big :

At first :
Posted by tkf:

T-mac's back worries me, and I don't care if he was 19, a bad back is a bad back,

And then :
Posted by tkf:

I think we should put our focus on getting Tyson chandler from the bulls.....

comeon man,I too sharp for that.. read whole post... Iwould not trade a young and healthy Marbury for a player with a bad back,T-Mac or not... Now chandler is a different story. we won't have to give up nearly that much to get chandler.... That is my point..

Good try tho.....

i was just kidding you know.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
5/19/2004  8:57 AM
If we can acquire Tmack without destroying the roster that we currently have, I would say do it. If we only have to give up Houston and another player, it is all good with me. We all know that they are desperate for a big man, maybe including Naser in that deal may help them pull the trigger. I would say trade Houston, Naser, and Williams for TMack & Hill.
The true Knickabocker..........
raven
Member: #316
Canada
5/19/2004  9:47 AM
slow down on haze a bit, we won't get any of these guys.
T-mac to opt out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy