[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

T-mac to opt out
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/14/2004  2:28 PM
but do the Knicks even HAVE $12 million in expiring contracts this year to add to KT's $5.5 million dollar salary?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/14/2004  2:31 PM
deke - $5
othella - $3
cezary - $1.5
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  2:34 PM
& the other $2.5 million comes from where? Moochie Norris? Sacramento doesn't need his contract on their books either...& do you guys really think they'd trade away an Allstar PF for that collection of garbage?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/14/2004  2:53 PM
well, you only have to match up to 15% so if we are a bit short its fine.

Dare I say I actually used this thing but for the sake of discussion here it is:
Sacramento trades:
PF Chris Webber (18.7 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 4.6 apg in 36.1 minutes)
Sacramento receives:
C Cezary Trybanski (0.1 ppg, 0.1 rpg, 0.0 apg in 7 games)
PF Othella Harrington (4.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 56 games)
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 65 games)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.7 ppg, +9.6 rpg, and -1.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1601548
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/14/2004  3:00 PM
Posted by raven:

I love your post, but this one was too big :

At first :
Posted by tkf:

T-mac's back worries me, and I don't care if he was 19, a bad back is a bad back,

And then :
Posted by tkf:

I think we should put our focus on getting Tyson chandler from the bulls.....

comeon man,I too sharp for that.. read whole post... Iwould not trade a young and healthy Marbury for a player with a bad back,T-Mac or not... Now chandler is a different story. we won't have to give up nearly that much to get chandler.... That is my point..

Good try tho.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  3:06 PM
it's weird...the thought of having Webber on the Knicks next year is too good to be true, yet when i think about 2 years from now when he's on the decline & his $20 million dollar contract is killing this team's cap situation, i just don't know, especially because Stephon Marbury's contract doesn't expire until 2009...both he & Webber would potentially account for at least $40 million in cap for the '08 season, & Lebron James can potentially become a FA right around then...i would at least want the Knicks to be in the running to be able to possibly sign a guy like that one day...& i don't think getting Webber would mean a championship for the NY Knicks either...i don't know if it would be worth it for the Knicks considering what they would probably have to give up in return...i don't buy for a minute that Sacramento would make the deal for just contracts...i think it would take a young player like Sweetney &/or a future 1st round pick to be included in the deal to make it worth their while.
fishmike
USA
5/14/2004  3:11 PM
Chandler never plays... I mean never. I really dont see the big deal. I would rather use assets somewhere else and just take a risk on someone like Griffin (who's in a halfway house and has been working out with the ex Cavs coach Lucas).
fishmike
USA
5/14/2004  3:21 PM
Posted by TMS:

...i don't buy for a minute that Sacramento would make the deal for just contracts...i think it would take a young player like Sweetney &/or a future 1st round pick to be included in the deal to make it worth their while.
Then we just dont do it. We need Sweetney and picks more than we need Chris Webber. The Kings on the other had have very few options if they want to move him. The only other teams that would take on a deal like that already have stud PFs.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
5/14/2004  3:25 PM
I don't want Webber. The guy is a choke artist and a liar. He has yet to play well in the final 2 minutes of a game, EVER. HS, NCAA, NBA, he just freezes when the PA announcer goes "2 minutes, 2 minutes!"

Sweetney is at least comparable to Zach Randolph, who averaged 20 and 10 his 3rd season and was a legit post scorer. Let's wait on Sweetney before trading him for some over the hill, hobbled star of yesteryear who has a bad knee and a bad contract.

Marbury for McGrady I'd do it after considering it for like 2 minutes. You're improving, and Williams could run this team very well.
#Knickstaps
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  3:44 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by TMS:

...i don't buy for a minute that Sacramento would make the deal for just contracts...i think it would take a young player like Sweetney &/or a future 1st round pick to be included in the deal to make it worth their while.
Then we just dont do it. We need Sweetney and picks more than we need Chris Webber. The Kings on the other had have very few options if they want to move him. The only other teams that would take on a deal like that already have stud PFs.

what scares me is that i think that's a deal that Isiah would make...i don't think he's married to the idea of having Sweetney here in NY...& especially if he's getting a guy like Webber in the deal (you know how he wants to get a legitimate big star low post player to play alongside Marbury)...i think Isiah would trade Sweetney in that package in a heartbeat...& i think the Kings would demand that he at least be included in that deal for them to even consider it on their end...

actually, i wouldn't have a problem w/trading Sweetney in the package either if i knew Webber's knee wasn't an issue, but it's a huge question mark & his contract is just God awful (even worse than Allan Houston's)...when i think about the future cap situation, i just don't know if that's a good deal to make from the Knicks' standpoint.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/14/2004  3:47 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Chandler never plays... I mean never. I really dont see the big deal. I would rather use assets somewhere else and just take a risk on someone like Griffin (who's in a halfway house and has been working out with the ex Cavs coach Lucas).

the big deal is that chandler is a 7 footer who can rebound and block shots, he battled injuries last year,but from what I have heard these injuries are not career threating and he can fully recover, the kid when healthy can put up some good numbers, I have seen some games where he went for 20/17, that is damn good, and that is a BIG deal...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  3:49 PM
if you guys could choose, would you rather have Kwame Brown or Tyson Chandler? i think i'd rather have Kwame myself...why not try & trade for him? i think he can be had for the right deal.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
5/14/2004  3:58 PM
Posted by TMS:

if you guys could choose, would you rather have Kwame Brown or Tyson Chandler? i think i'd rather have Kwame myself...why not try & trade for him? i think he can be had for the right deal.

Wait....the Knicks couldn't aquire Chandler according to you but have a shot at getting Kwame? A player that has played better that Chandler, doesn't have a bad back and puts up better numbers?

Take a look at Chandler and I think you will see you might be over-valueing him.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  4:08 PM
i didn't say the Knicks couldn't get Chandler...i said they couldn't get him for a collection of garbage only...sure, you can get Chandler if you REALLY want him...offer the Bulls a package of Sweetney, Othella & a future 1st round pick & they would make that deal imo...but i would much rather go after Brown instead if you're going to give up assets in either trade.

you guys just have to realize, you have to give something of value to get something of value...no teams are just going to hand over young talent for ending contracts.
fishmike
USA
5/14/2004  4:09 PM
Kwame... its not even close. Chandler is a worthwile gamble. Its all risk/reward. What do you give up? Would you do Jerom and Chandler for Tim Thomas and Frank Williams? Thats the kind of deal that Chi is probably looking for. They need a solid 3 (Pippin aint it) and Franks a good no BS defender.

For me thats a move contingent on other moves. Maybe if I can then sign Steven Jackson I do it... not really sure to be honest. I will leave it up to Isiah
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  4:13 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Kwame... its not even close. Chandler is a worthwile gamble. Its all risk/reward. What do you give up? Would you do Jerom and Chandler for Tim Thomas and Frank Williams? Thats the kind of deal that Chi is probably looking for. They need a solid 3 (Pippin aint it) and Franks a good no BS defender.

For me thats a move contingent on other moves. Maybe if I can then sign Steven Jackson I do it... not really sure to be honest. I will leave it up to Isiah

Chandler & JYD for TT & Frank i would do IF the Knicks could get a quality SF like a Manu Ginobili in a trade for say, Kurt Thomas...maybe the Knicks could get the Spurs' 2nd round pick as well in that deal, & then Isiah could parlay the 2nd round picks into a late 1st rounder for this season? i would then use the MLE to sign some insurance in the frontcourt, like a Mark Blount or Chris Anderson.
fishmike
USA
5/14/2004  4:47 PM
Ginobili is a Spur... write it in stone. Steven Jackson is an option however, as is Marquis Daniels (RFA). I'm hesitant to move TT that quickly. I loved him w/ the Bucks and always thought he was as important a part of that team is Ray or Glen Rob. He's also a great athlete and dunker, especially in the open floor. There is no "move" when he's running the break, he just dunks it in your face.
TMS
USA
5/14/2004  4:54 PM
or gets knocked to the floor in the process.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
5/14/2004  6:01 PM
Posted by TMS:

I'd say push...I mean, bot are underachievers, it boils down to who you think has more potential, and I think that is Kwame. If potential is the deciding factor, I take Kwame, if Wash wants a huge deal for Kwame and you can get Chandler for something reasonable, I take Chandler. I don't think the dropoff is too much and they both have different games....
~You can't run from who you are.~
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/14/2004  6:40 PM
tmac would be a challenge, orlando as a franchise cannot let the man walk or even come close to taking something of much less value. If Im Orlando and Im trading Tmac the first route I would go would be to go after a deal with Portland For Zach Damon Stoudemire[a 1 year max to make the deal work]and one of their draft picks--the higher 1. Thats the model I would go for. Isiah loves Tmac and with Marbury you are talking a big time player a name brand player who you could pair with Okafor Gooden etc... and possibly turn it around very quickly anyway. We would be a player a viable option trade.

Webber is a case where Sacremento has won without him, he has a tremendous amount of money still left on there and the owners want to cut into that payroll. Webber is not an easy trade for the Kings--the team that acquires him will do so at high risk knowing hes not the same player and aging. This puts his market into a very few teams, the knicks being 1. Can Chicago say here is Antonio Davis and Tyson Chandler? yep they could
RIP Crushalot😞
T-mac to opt out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy