[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

One thing Phil Jackson and the Knicks must understand. We are the most hated team in the NBA. Expect help or deals from no one.
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/12/2014  10:19 PM
Papabear Says

As you can see we made our bed hard so we must sleep in it. Phil Jackson will not get help the same way Danny Ainge got when he got Garnet and Ray Allen for really nothing from his buddies. The Knicks are hated by all the teams. We are the Mecca of Basketball and we suck. Any trade we make we will be on the loosing end because no one wants to give us anything. No one really wanted us as the 8th seed either. We will have to build by getting players from over seas. All Phil can do is get Odoms to play for us? Next season will be more like this season if we can't get better players. The Heat and Brooklyn could have won those last 2 games but they didn't and we have no fault to blame but ourselves. Now it is time to see what Jackson can do if anything.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
4/12/2014  10:44 PM
What help did Ainge actually get? They gave up Al Jefferson in one deal and a top 5 draft pick in another to acquire those guys.

Those players werent gifted to Boston, they traded things the Knicks dont have.

I do find this thread amusing...the Knicks have one of the greatest basketball minds in the organization now, and there are doubts of what he could do.

But this garbage roster was defended to sheer eternity.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/12/2014  10:53 PM
If we keep Melo, I want to see a deal for Josh Smith and Greg Monroe. A frontcourt with those 3 and Amare as our 6th man would be pretty good in the triangle. Hopefully we could get a deal for OJ Mayo as well to be our point.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/12/2014  10:56 PM
NardDogNation wrote:If we keep Melo, I want to see a deal for Josh Smith and Greg Monroe. A frontcourt with those 3 and Amare as our 6th man would be pretty good in the triangle. Hopefully we could get a deal for OJ Mayo as well to be our point.

Stop with the Josh Smith stuff. He is everything that you don't want in a player.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Papabear

4/12/2014  10:59 PM
knickscity wrote:What help did Ainge actually get? They gave up Al Jefferson in one deal and a top 5 draft pick in another to acquire those guys.

I do find this thread amusing...the Knicks have one of the greatest basketball minds in the organization now, and there are doubts of what he could do.

Papabear Says

So what you are telling me that if we were able to make the same offer we could have gotten Garnett and Ray Allen. That is BS!!!

Papabear
knickscity
USA
4/12/2014  11:02 PM
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:What help did Ainge actually get? They gave up Al Jefferson in one deal and a top 5 draft pick in another to acquire those guys.

Papabear Says

So what you are telling me that if we were able to make the same offer we could have gotten Garnett and Ray Allen. That is BS!!!

No we couldnt, because we dont have a big man capable of 20-10 or a top 5 pick in the draft coming up....like Boston did.

What I am telling you is Boston gave up quality to get those guys.

NardDogNation

4/12/2014  11:13 PM
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:If we keep Melo, I want to see a deal for Josh Smith and Greg Monroe. A frontcourt with those 3 and Amare as our 6th man would be pretty good in the triangle. Hopefully we could get a deal for OJ Mayo as well to be our point.

Stop with the Josh Smith stuff. He is everything that you don't want in a player.

There are always players who "is everything you don't want in a player" that conveniently shed that title when they get better teammates. People seem to forget that he was a perennial all-star candidate.

Papabear

4/12/2014  11:13 PM
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

No we couldnt, because we dont have a big man capable of 20-10 or a top 5 pick in the draft coming up....like Boston did.

Papabear Says

MAN LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING!!! if we were able to make the same offer (same players) could have gotten Garnett and Ray Allen. That is BS!!!

Papabear
mreinman

4/12/2014  11:14 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:

There are always players who "is everything you don't want in a player" that conveniently shed that title when they get better teammates. People seem to forget that he was a perennial all-star candidate.

all star means nothing. fans are idiots and have no idea what constitutes a good player.

NardDogNation

4/12/2014  11:17 PM
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Business is business. I doubt that any team would pass on an opportunity to improve themselves, to spite the city of New York. Its hard to even argue the counterpoint because we've had so little talent to bargain with in trades. Who would want to clamor for the opportunity to trade for 2009 Eddy Curry? Jerome James? Etc.

Papabear

4/12/2014  11:22 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Business is business. I doubt that any team would pass on an opportunity to improve themselves, to spite the city of New York. Its hard to even argue the counterpoint because we've had so little talent to bargain with in trades. Who would want to clamor for the opportunity to trade for 2009 Eddy Curry? Jerome James? Etc.

Papabear Says

Thats BS we gave away Ariza, Zach Randolph, Crawford, for little or nothing in order to make cap space and we was winning with Zach and Crawford. Ahh thats right we was so sure to get LeBron.

Papabear
knickscity
USA
4/12/2014  11:25 PM
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

MAN LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING!!! if we were able to make the same offer (same players) could have gotten Garnett and Ray Allen. That is BS!!!

I dont recall the Knicks giving up a top 5 pick or 20-10 big men to get melo...so it all evens itself out.

You really believe the Knicks are hated...nobody hates on a perennial loser.

NardDogNation

4/12/2014  11:27 PM
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:

all star means nothing. fans are idiots and have no idea what constitutes a good player.

He was getting consideration from the coaches, not the fans. And yes, fans are idiots. They are the same people that characterize a Monta Ellis as being a "cancer", then praise him for "turning the corner" (with the Mavs) despite making no discernible changes to his game, aside from playing with better teammates. Josh Smith is basically the same caliber of player and can have that impact if put in the right circumstances.

NardDogNation

4/12/2014  11:29 PM
Papabear wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

Thats BS we gave away Ariza, Zach Randolph, Crawford, for little or nothing in order to make cap space and we was winning with Zach and Crawford. Ahh thats right we was so sure to get LeBron.

We got Al Harrington (our leading scorer for a season) for Jamal Crawford so I think that deal was a wash. As far as the other guys, we moved them when their value was at an all-time low. So, what would you expect?

Papabear

4/12/2014  11:31 PM
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

I dont recall the Knicks giving up a top 5 pick or 20-10 big men to get melo...so it all evens itself out.

Papabear Says

You are avoiding answering my question so I am finished debating you. You know exactly what I mean. Danny Ainge got Garnett because he was in tight with the GM. If We had the same players that Boston had to make a deal to get Garnett we would have gotten turned down. I can't explain it any better so stop avoiding my question. I will not speak on it again. by

Papabear
NardDogNation

4/12/2014  11:34 PM
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

You are avoiding answering my question so I am finished debating you. You know exactly what I mean. Danny Ainge got Garnett because he was in tight with the GM. If We had the same players that Boston had to make a deal to get Garnett we would have gotten turned down. I can't explain it any better so stop avoiding my question. I will not speak on it again. by

So if Danny Ainge was our GM and we had the same players the Celtics had, you don't think we could've gotten Garnett?

Papabear

4/12/2014  11:34 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Papabear wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

We got Al Harrington (our leading scorer for a season) for Jamal Crawford so I think that deal was a wash. As far as the other guys, we moved them when their value was at an all-time low. So, what would you expect?

Papabear Says

Al Harrington?? Where is he now. And where is Zach and where is Crawford? No We gave them away.

Papabear
knickscity
USA
4/12/2014  11:36 PM
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

You havent asked me anything, you're just making a baseless ridiculous claim.

Boston didnt get KG and Ray via a fleecing like the Lakers did getting Pau headlined by Kwame Brown.

Boston gave up good piece to get their players.

And the point I made closes the door on this nonsense....we gave up average players and got a perennial allstar....didnt we?

mreinman

4/12/2014  11:36 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
mreinman wrote:

He was getting consideration from the coaches, not the fans. And yes, fans are idiots. They are the same people that characterize a Monta Ellis as being a "cancer", then praise him for "turning the corner" (with the Mavs) despite making no discernible changes to his game, aside from playing with better teammates. Josh Smith is basically the same caliber of player and can have that impact if put in the right circumstances.

Your comment about Monta Ellis sums up your misjudgment of play. And, Ellis is still no great shakes but Carlisle is concentrating more on what he does well and Ellis is buying in more.

Smith has the dumbest shot selection in the league which makes him an awful waste of talent.

Papabear

4/12/2014  11:37 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

So if Danny Ainge was our GM and we had the same players the Celtics had, you don't think we could've gotten Garnett?

Papabear Says

So you see what I am saying. Ainge would never become a Knicks GM too much hate. Thats why Ainge was able to get Garnett from his buddy in Minny. Get Real.

Papabear
One thing Phil Jackson and the Knicks must understand. We are the most hated team in the NBA. Expect help or deals from no one.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy