[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GT: No game thread? My Su-ronto Raptors vs. Melo's Shoulder (4/11 7pm)
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2014  5:04 AM
smackeddog wrote:Enjoy rooting for KG and Pierce! And Deron Williams too! I don't understand how that's possible...

If I'm rooting for an eastern team, I'd rather root for the Bulls.

Agree.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/13/2014  10:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:Enjoy rooting for KG and Pierce! And Deron Williams too! I don't understand how that's possible...

because you don't live in new york?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/13/2014  10:34 AM
dk7th wrote:

Do Laker fans now root for the Clippers? Madness!

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/13/2014  10:52 AM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Why root for a team thats done the most Knicks ass kicking for the last 20 years?
dk7th
USA
4/13/2014  10:54 AM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:

i don't know any laker fans nor do i want to-- los angelenos come across as total douchebags to me.

you mean to tell me that it isn't possible to root for a crosstown team in your city? seems weird especially when no actual historical rivalry exists, ie playoff wars.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
smackeddog
4/13/2014  10:59 AM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:

i don't know any laker fans nor do i want to-- los angelenos come across as total douchebags to me.

you mean to tell me that it isn't possible to root for a crosstown team in your city? seems weird especially when no actual historical rivalry exists, ie playoff wars.

I think it's wrong- like the sports equivalent of incest

You root for who you want to, but I'm saying I couldn't root for a team with Pierce, KG and Deron Williams- I loath them all!

smackeddog
4/13/2014  11:04 AM
knickscity wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Why root for a team thats done the most Knicks ass kicking for the last 20 years?

Pacers, Miami, Bulls, Raptors, Nets, we have a history with all of them- on that basis, we're just left with the Wizards (they just don't interest me), Hawks (boring), Bobcats (zzzz... and owned by the player who kicked our asses for over a decade.). Hey it was tough to chose an eastern team considering all that- I went for the Bulls because I'd like to see the Pacers, Nets and Heat get beaten, and I think they are most likely to pull it off- I like their coach and I like their system. I wish we played like they did (heart, toughness etc). Plus no D Rose (who I don't like!).

Out West its a bit easier to find teams to root for- Blazers, Suns (doubt they make it now). To be honest though, my interest levels are lacking in the whole nab season this year.

dk7th
USA
4/13/2014  11:06 AM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I think it's wrong- like the sports equivalent of incest

You root for who you want to, but I'm saying I couldn't root for a team with Pierce, KG and Deron Williams- I loath them all!

geez i don't see it as incest. i see it as attending the siblings big events, like a wedding or funeral or confirmation or bar mitzvah or graduation. ultimately it isn't about you it's just bearing witness to their lives.

i just want to see a local team play good ball regardless of my personal feelings towards players. it's a team game.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/13/2014  8:40 PM
dk7th wrote:

Jets fans don't root for the Giants and vice versa....Met fans hate the Yankees and vice versa....Fluck the Nyets!!!!!

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/13/2014  9:36 PM
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Jets fans don't root for the Giants and vice versa....Met fans hate the Yankees and vice versa....Fluck the Nyets!!!!!

I think that Giants fans are indifferent to the Jets and the Yankees are indifferent to the Mets

I don't think that it is the same the other way around. winning breeds jealousy

as far as knicks / nets, I don't think either side wants the other team to have bragging rights

so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/15/2014  9:22 AM
mreinman wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I think that Giants fans are indifferent to the Jets and the Yankees are indifferent to the Mets

as far as knicks / nets, I don't think either side wants the other team to have bragging rights

Who can really care about Jets and Mets? Those fans are a case study in sado-masochism. Listening to them on WFAN and ESPN radio, masochism will tend to make one bitter, apparently. No, I wouldn't know from experience, I'm a Gints/Yankees fan.

Knicks have chips and a stable history (Dolan and IT aside). The Nyets have the ABA, trading away Dr J, home games at the RAC and all the haute couture that comes with being a wandering third-rate hobo franchise that never really got over the hump. And even when they almost did (JKidd era), no one cared.

If the Nyets had stayed in Long Island this whole time, I could see some sort of rivalry, but they are alot more like a step-cousin three times removed than a member of the NYC family.

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

4/15/2014  4:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2014  4:24 PM
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Who can really care about Jets and Mets? Those fans are a case study in sado-masochism. Listening to them on WFAN and ESPN radio, masochism will tend to make one bitter, apparently. No, I wouldn't know from experience, I'm a Gints/Yankees fan.

Knicks have chips and a stable history (Dolan and IT aside). The Nyets have the ABA, trading away Dr J, home games at the RAC and all the haute couture that comes with being a wandering third-rate hobo franchise that never really got over the hump. And even when they almost did (JKidd era), no one cared.

If the Nyets had stayed in Long Island this whole time, I could see some sort of rivalry, but they are alot more like a step-cousin three times removed than a member of the NYC family.

Mets fan here. Hard to argue about the masochism/little brother envy — nothing makes me madder than the stupid insecure "Yankees suck" chants from bored fans at games — but I made my bed as a grade schooler in the 80s, and I intend to lie in it, unlike many of my cohort who fled uptown in the 90s.

However crowing about 2 NBA championships that no one under 45 would really remember is kind of weak, as is any reference to the ABA. You might as well be talking about the New York Cosmos.

Nets aren't in NJ or Long Island anymore. They are in NYC's largest borough and arguably its new cultural capital, and yes: fans there aren't rooting for the Nets as much as they are rooting for Brooklyn itself. But it seems to me that the Knicks inspire a type of disgust from a segment of basketball-loving native New Yorkers that I don't see happen with other towns. If the Nets make some noise this postseason, it will be interesting to see if they gain some mindshare.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/15/2014  4:28 PM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I don't see how, being a Knick fan, Pierce's comments during the off season wouldn't get annoyed at least.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
GT: No game thread? My Su-ronto Raptors vs. Melo's Shoulder (4/11 7pm)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy