Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2014  6:26 AM
mreinman wrote:
masud wrote:
mreinman wrote:We got rid of our PG and started Tony Douglass on an MDA team.

And yes, we should have saved if for Amare. Geeez, way for the knicks to handle a sweet gift like retards.

Chauncey had about 40 games of meaningful basketball left in his career at that point. Amar'e/Jared Jeffries would have been playing center. The Knicks would have been garbage (instead of just mediocre)if we didn't make that trade. I'm not saying we should have made the trade, we probably would have been better off if we were garbage that season. All I'm saying is that being able to get a player of Tyson Chandlers caliber given our cap situation kind of masked how bad of a situation the Melo trade put us in.

MDA does not need a center, he needs a PG.

And, was chandler worth 14 million? Very arguable. The market said he is not. e

Now, is he worth 14 million and losing our chance to amnesty Amare? Holy sh1t - no way!!!!!!!!

I think Grunwald was moving on from dantoni and wanted to build a more traditional team. I think he was willing to give Mike the year but had seen enough to know it wasn't going to work in ny. The mistake was picking up bill ups option.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/11/2014  9:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2014  9:21 AM
mreinman wrote:Moz with a career game: 23 points 29 boards.

Denver is pulling ahead ...

I heard Melo had a great game too! 62 points or something like that.

Are you truly serious with this sht?

Please use some smilies for the sarcasm.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/11/2014  10:50 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
masud wrote:
mreinman wrote:We got rid of our PG and started Tony Douglass on an MDA team.

And yes, we should have saved if for Amare. Geeez, way for the knicks to handle a sweet gift like retards.

Chauncey had about 40 games of meaningful basketball left in his career at that point. Amar'e/Jared Jeffries would have been playing center. The Knicks would have been garbage (instead of just mediocre)if we didn't make that trade. I'm not saying we should have made the trade, we probably would have been better off if we were garbage that season. All I'm saying is that being able to get a player of Tyson Chandlers caliber given our cap situation kind of masked how bad of a situation the Melo trade put us in.

MDA does not need a center, he needs a PG.

And, was chandler worth 14 million? Very arguable. The market said he is not. e

Now, is he worth 14 million and losing our chance to amnesty Amare? Holy sh1t - no way!!!!!!!!

I think Grunwald was moving on from dantoni and wanted to build a more traditional team. I think he was willing to give Mike the year but had seen enough to know it wasn't going to work in ny. The mistake was picking up bill ups option.

You are trying to make excuses for this move but you really can't. We could have kept Billups for the year.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
subzero0
Member: #410
4/11/2014  10:54 AM

That trade was a lot more even than many people realize.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/11/2014  10:57 AM
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:Moz with a career game: 23 points 29 boards.

Denver is pulling ahead ...

I heard Melo had a great game too! 62 points or something like that.

Are you truly serious with this sht?

Please use some smilies for the sarcasm.

I'll take 23/29 WITH 3 blocks...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/11/2014  10:59 AM
subzero0 wrote:

they realize, just don't want to admit.. and honestly, I don't see it as even. It is looking more like a fleecing by denver..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/11/2014  11:12 AM
please.. Denver got nothing. They are going to spend the next 3 years trying to get a player good enough (cough cough) to get them in the playoffs every year. Mosgov is nice, and just an example of what happens when you keep and develop young players. Gallo is garbage and who knows if he's ever a regular NBA player any more. Who else? Will Chandler? Anthony Randolph? Please... Denver is a hodge podge of middle of the road NBA role players. But yea.. they do have a lot of them.

But we can always expect fair and unbiased observations from TFK when it comes to the Melo trade, so this last post makes it look like a win.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
subzero0
4/11/2014  11:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2014  11:29 AM
fishmike wrote:please.. Denver got nothing. They are going to spend the next 3 years trying to get a player good enough (cough cough) to get them in the playoffs every year. Mosgov is nice, and just an example of what happens when you keep and develop young players. Gallo is garbage and who knows if he's ever a regular NBA player any more. Who else? Will Chandler? Anthony Randolph? Please... Denver is a hodge podge of middle of the road NBA role players. But yea.. they do have a lot of them.

But we can always expect fair and unbiased observations from TFK when it comes to the Melo trade, so this last post makes it look like a win.

I look at it this way. Denver's best player was injured, Gallinari and still they have a better record than the Knicks as of the writing of this post. Gallinari was out for the entire season.

The point you seem to be missing is Denver didnt make that trade for the present day. They made it for the future. Denver has a possible top 12 first round pick this year. Mosgov's raw talent is starting to develop into what could be a special player in this league and Gallinari if he gets back from injury could lead this team into the playoffs next year. Oh and they have miles of cap room because they have 3 expiring players.

This trade wasnt about trying to catch lightning in a bottle. It was about potential... (edited to add this)atleast it wasnt for the Nuggets.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/11/2014  11:32 AM
subzero0 wrote:
fishmike wrote:please.. Denver got nothing. They are going to spend the next 3 years trying to get a player good enough (cough cough) to get them in the playoffs every year. Mosgov is nice, and just an example of what happens when you keep and develop young players. Gallo is garbage and who knows if he's ever a regular NBA player any more. Who else? Will Chandler? Anthony Randolph? Please... Denver is a hodge podge of middle of the road NBA role players. But yea.. they do have a lot of them.

I look at it this way. Denver's best player was injured, Gallinari and still they have a better record than the Knicks as of the writing of this post. Gallinari was out for the entire season.

The point you seem to be missing is Denver didnt make that trade for the present day. They made it for the future. Denver has a possible top 12 first round pick this year. Mosgov's raw talent is starting to develop into what could be a special player in this league and Gallinari if he gets back from injury could lead this team into the playoffs next year. Oh and they have miles of cap room because they have 3 expiring players.

This trade wasnt about trying to catch lightning in a bottle. It was about potential... (edited to add this)atleast it wasnt for the Nuggets.

you mean it actually takes patience and time to build a title contender? GTFOH

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
subzero0
4/11/2014  11:35 AM
dk7th wrote:
subzero0 wrote:

Yea, I know right? Who knew??

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/11/2014  11:38 AM
subzero0 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
subzero0 wrote:

Yea, I know right? Who knew??

Blasphemy!!!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/11/2014  11:39 AM
subzero0 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/11/2014  11:39 AM
subzero0 wrote:

Right... so 3 years later they are hoping 1) a guy whos always injured gets healthy 2) the next guy they draft will be a star 3) 3 years later they have cap flexibility and can chase who? Lebron?

WOW... we have created more Knick fans.

I can see one thing... Nuggets fans have learned to know what its like to follow the Knicks ;)

Seems to me trade hasnt helped either team. Nuggets are hoping 3 years later that one of these assets they aquired turns into something useful. Knicks in those same 3 years will have 3 coaches and 3 GMs so they havent exactly had much of a plan either.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/11/2014  11:43 AM
subzero0 wrote:

Maybe they should more concerned with avoiding those first round exits and less concerned about the Knicks' record
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
subzero0
4/11/2014  11:47 AM
fishmike wrote:
subzero0 wrote:

Right... so 3 years later they are hoping 1) a guy whos always injured gets healthy 2) the next guy they draft will be a star 3) 3 years later they have cap flexibility and can chase who? Lebron?

WOW... we have created more Knick fans.

I can see one thing... Nuggets fans have learned to know what its like to follow the Knicks ;)

Seems to me trade hasnt helped either team. Nuggets are hoping 3 years later that one of these assets they aquired turns into something useful. Knicks in those same 3 years will have 3 coaches and 3 GMs so they havent exactly had much of a plan either.

Yea, but I would rather be in the Denver nuggets position. The future looks bright for them. The knicks... yea, not so much.

subzero0
4/11/2014  11:47 AM
TeamBall wrote:
subzero0 wrote:

Maybe they should more concerned with avoiding those first round exits and less concerned about the Knicks' record

I dont think the Nuggets mind not getting into the playoffs for a first round exit. They have the lottery to start working on, which is more than I can say for the knicks.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/11/2014  11:50 AM
subzero0 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
subzero0 wrote:

I dont think the Nuggets mind not getting into the playoffs for a first round exit. They have the lottery to start working on, which is more than I can say for the knicks.

Why does it have to keep being about Nuggets vs Knicks? Cause Mozgov had a good game?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/11/2014  11:53 AM
there is such a thing as organic growth.

you keep a group of young players together and they will get better. they get better as players. they build chemistry as they learn to play together and the coach knows who can do what.

then you can complement them with some vets or bench guys and the team will organically grow.

problem is that everyone this forum is playing the extreme game - either be crap and tank or get your stars now and win it all. doesn't work that way.

even having a team continually get to the 2nd round is a very difficult thing to do.

expectations need to be lowered.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/11/2014  12:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2014  12:10 PM
That's the problem and that's why the Knicks and their fans are so impatient. Unreasonable expectations every year.

I blame he Knicks more because if they came out and said we are going to suck for a year but rebuild the right way fans would buy in and not boo after every loss. The Garden being located in the heart of manhattan pretty much solidifies that profit will be made and give fans exciting young hungry players and will even watch on msg.

Would love to see msg ratings this year. I know for a fact one on watches pre and post game anymore. Guys like Hahn, Wally, trautwig & pito suffer. And you can tell from the tone in their voices after inexplicable losses

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/11/2014  12:11 PM
gunsnewing wrote:That's the problem and that's why the Knicks and their fans are so impatient. Unreasonable expectations every year.

I blame he Knicks more because if they came out and said we are going to suck for a year but rebuild the right way fans would buy in and not boo after every loss. The Garden being located in the heart of manhattan pretty much solidifies that profit will be made and give fans exciting young hungry players and will even watch on msg. Would love to see msg ratings this year. I know for a fact one on watches pre and post game anymore. Guys like Hahn and Wally suffer. And you can tell from the tone in their voices after inexplicable losses

Yet our impatient fan-gm's are already calling for the knicks to make moves for the likes of Josh Smith and Tyreke Evans.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Was Carmelo trade awash?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy