[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Was Carmelo trade awash?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/20/2014  8:33 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Let's be real here? You anti Vogel guys would not trade places with Indiana? This is why conversations go in circles. It's ok to just be real once in a while. It won't change the outcome on the court. We are just fans

I don't think anyone thinks Vogel is a bad coach. I think the thought is that he is a snarky sob who was out of line criticizing the Knicks coach. There is a lot that goes into winning. Woodson was experiencing a lot more adversity with injuries, poor play from guys he relied on, etc. the second best player for the Knicks in the pacers series for the first five games was Felton. What coach can win with that? As another poster said, maybe Vogel should play Cope.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/21/2014  9:33 AM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:As a wise man once said recently, Melo gets you a billion dollar renovation. Pretty relevant.

Pretty much all he's been good for--a quick revenue boost for Dolan.

Yeah, I much preferred missing the playoffs and drafting the Fred Wiess's, Michael Beasley's and IR Gallo's of the world. And counting Cap space that Lebron and KD were never going to be interested in. I hated winning a division and getting to the second round for the first time in over a decade. Who needed a HOF level talent on the team when you could've spent your time watching Nate the Great shoot at the wrong basket. How I miss those 20-win seasons!

Tell me all about your wet dream about how a CP3-level talent was just dying to play with IR Stat, Gallo, Moz and Wilson. Or how we could've built patiently like other franchises like Toronto and Philly and Charlotte.

Apparently, in your wet dreams we win 36 games in a season. Superstar!

And apparently, you get woodys thinking that 29-win seasons and being out of the playoffs by February are better than this season? Yoots!

the key is, there is upside with young players you can build on.... right now what upside is there with these wannabe supastahs?????

in the end, if you lose, do it with a young roster full of cheap players.. not a bloated roster full of malcontent max cat losers..

So you prefer spending 5 or 6 seasons losing 50 or 59 games watching the "building" going on with the likes of:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

As opposed to the last 4 seasons; am I capturing your key correctly?

Losing more games while young and cheap somehow makes you feel better?

I noticed that every time someone makes a critical comment about the current roster, you assume it means they liked Isiah's rosters. That's really twisted.

Seeing as how so many people oddly hate Melo because we traded some of the guys on that list for him, I'd say he's not exactly on the wrong track. He's just picking the wrong roster.

you make him sound like a ****ing princess looking for prince charming. he is a full-fledged ******* and guilty until proven innocent. are you a knick fan?!? sincere question!

First off, that's a dumb question. I love the Knicks enough to not make it my personal mission to come on this board and try to downplay any success they have while at the same time magnifying all their blunders - consistency be damned - just because I don't like ONE PLAYER on the team.

Second, calling him a "full-fledged *******" because you didn't like the trade is just going a little too far.

what do you mean by "he's just picking the wrong roster"? you mean the one that his trade single-handedly destroyed, and then assumed could be rebuilt with quality players while melo was a knick? seriously? and when melo said that he knew all along that it would take several years for the team to be buily you were okay with that approach? what happened to the "win-now" edict that this trade put us on?!?

"win now" how soon we forget. the dude is a CLOWN

Ooooooo DK I was talking about jrod. That roster of players he named weren't the ones we had before the Melo trade.

Teamball, not that it will help things in your conversations with the Melo-killed-all-my-dogs-and-cats Bopsey twins, but all those players I listed were on the Knicks prior to the Melo trade, during the 5-6 years of 23-win to 33-win seasons.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/21/2014  9:52 AM
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:As a wise man once said recently, Melo gets you a billion dollar renovation. Pretty relevant.

Yeah, I much preferred missing the playoffs and drafting the Fred Wiess's, Michael Beasley's and IR Gallo's of the world. And counting Cap space that Lebron and KD were never going to be interested in. I hated winning a division and getting to the second round for the first time in over a decade. Who needed a HOF level talent on the team when you could've spent your time watching Nate the Great shoot at the wrong basket. How I miss those 20-win seasons!

Tell me all about your wet dream about how a CP3-level talent was just dying to play with IR Stat, Gallo, Moz and Wilson. Or how we could've built patiently like other franchises like Toronto and Philly and Charlotte.

And apparently, you get woodys thinking that 29-win seasons and being out of the playoffs by February are better than this season? Yoots!

the key is, there is upside with young players you can build on.... right now what upside is there with these wannabe supastahs?????

in the end, if you lose, do it with a young roster full of cheap players.. not a bloated roster full of malcontent max cat losers..

So you prefer spending 5 or 6 seasons losing 50 or 59 games watching the "building" going on with the likes of:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

I noticed that every time someone makes a critical comment about the current roster, you assume it means they liked Isiah's rosters. That's really twisted.

Seeing as how so many people oddly hate Melo because we traded some of the guys on that list for him, I'd say he's not exactly on the wrong track. He's just picking the wrong roster.

you make him sound like a ****ing princess looking for prince charming. he is a full-fledged ******* and guilty until proven innocent. are you a knick fan?!? sincere question!

First off, that's a dumb question. I love the Knicks enough to not make it my personal mission to come on this board and try to downplay any success they have while at the same time magnifying all their blunders - consistency be damned - just because I don't like ONE PLAYER on the team.

Second, calling him a "full-fledged *******" because you didn't like the trade is just going a little too far.

what do you mean by "he's just picking the wrong roster"? you mean the one that his trade single-handedly destroyed, and then assumed could be rebuilt with quality players while melo was a knick? seriously? and when melo said that he knew all along that it would take several years for the team to be buily you were okay with that approach? what happened to the "win-now" edict that this trade put us on?!?

Ooooooo DK I was talking about jrod. That roster of players he named weren't the ones we had before the Melo trade.

Teamball, not that it will help things in your conversations with the Melo-killed-all-my-dogs-and-cats Bopsey twins, but all those players I listed were on the Knicks prior to the Melo trade, during the 5-6 years of 23-win to 33-win seasons.

I'll repeat what I said before: You seem to think that criticism of the Melo trade is an endorsement of the roster before the trade but the two are unrelated. Take any trade a person here objected to. For instance, did you object to the Bargnani trade? That doesn't mean you loved the roster before it.
jrodmc
USA
4/21/2014  10:49 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

I'll repeat what I said before: You seem to think that criticism of the Melo trade is an endorsement of the roster before the trade but the two are unrelated. Take any trade a person here objected to. For instance, did you object to the Bargnani trade? That doesn't mean you loved the roster before it.

And I'll repeat what my response was actually about: the 5-6 seasons prior the Melo trade which matched tkf's "key" [see above]. I never said anyone who hated the Melo trade loved the rosters before, all I pointed out was that the 5-6 losing seasons prior to the Melo trade had plenty of young, cheap players. I mean, even Eddy Curry was only in the $11 mil per season range. I then asked if that was preferable to the seasons where we had Melo.

And tkf responded (quite predictably) that he did prefer increased losing with young cheap players.

End of story. Stop trying to twist this whole thing into something it's not. It's tiresome.

Bonn1997
USA
4/21/2014  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2014  10:53 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

And I'll repeat what my response was actually about: the 5-6 seasons prior the Melo trade which matched tkf's "key" [see above]. I never said anyone who hated the Melo trade loved the rosters before, all I pointed out was that the 5-6 losing seasons prior to the Melo trade had plenty of young, cheap players. I mean, even Eddy Curry was only in the $11 mil per season range. I then asked if that was preferable to the seasons where we had Melo.

And tkf responded (quite predictably) that he did prefer increased losing with young cheap players.

End of story. Stop trying to twist this whole thing into something it's not. It's tiresome.

None of that relates to my statement. You could also ask someone who opposed the Bargnani trade if they loved all the players before it including all the players you listed. Or the same question to someone who opposed the Amare signing. Or Tyson. They're all expensive players too after all, and you seem to think the only alternative to them is to have Gallo, Chandler, and Mozgov forever.
jrodmc
USA
4/21/2014  11:05 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

None of that relates to my statement. You could also ask someone who opposed the Bargnani trade if they loved all the players before it including all the players you listed. Or the same question to someone who opposed the Amare signing. Or Tyson. They're all expensive players too after all, and you seem to think the only alternative to them is to have Gallo, Chandler, and Mozgov forever.

And your statements, once again, have nothing to do with my post. You could ask anyone any number of questions. Those questions would also have nothing to do with my post.

I don't seriously care what anyone thought of the rosters before the trade.

Try and follow this, and then, for the love of sheehit, move on:
1) Was Melo good for more than just renovation money?
2) Is losing more games with young cheap players better than winning more games with starphucqued overpaid players?
3) The Knicks franchise actually had 5-6 losing seasons with young, cheap players.
4) The Knicks franchise actually won more games for the 4 seasons with Melo.
5) Some people prefer losing more games with young, cheap players than winning more games with overpaid starphucques.

To each his own.

Bonn1997
USA
4/21/2014  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2014  11:11 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

And your statements, once again, have nothing to do with my post. You could ask anyone any number of questions. Those questions would also have nothing to do with my post.

2) Is losing more games with young cheap players better than winning more games with starphucqued overpaid players?
3) The Knicks franchise actually had 5-6 losing seasons with young, cheap players.
5) Some people prefer losing more games with young, cheap players than winning more games with overpaid starphucques.

To each his own.

Well then only #1 relates specifically to Melo. #s 2 to 5 could be discussed regarding any or all of our high priced veterans.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/21/2014  11:18 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

bonn, he doesn't get it...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/21/2014  11:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2014  11:28 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

To each his own.

1) No, what has he really done for the KNICKS?
2) You are twisting, we are losing with starphuched overpaid players.. before the trade the young players we had were 28-26, you are twisting what I said.... which is no surprise, you lack integrity when it comes to posting.... but if given the choice I rather lose with younger cheap players than older overpaid ones.. there is still upside with the younger cheap players....
3)5-6 losing seasons with young cheap players? how many with overpaid vets? care to throw that number out, including this season? and what 5-6 seasons of young players are you talking about?
4) how many years did we actually keep a roster of young player together to compare?
5)again, you are twisting because we are not winning with overpaid starphuched players.. that is the point!!!

now here is how you twisted things.. how is this close to anything you said here..

where does it say there that I prefer losing with cheap young players as opposed to winning with older starphuched players... you said the last 4 seasons.. dude we lost this year!!!! the young players we are refering to, and you damn well know we are not talking about eddy curry..... is the year during the trade, we were 28-26, that is what I prefer..

this is exactly what I said..

you have no integrity bro!! NONE..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
USA
4/21/2014  11:43 AM
where does it say there that I prefer losing with cheap young players as opposed to winning with older starphuched players.

You don't support the Melo-Chandler-Bargnani-Stoudemire awesomeness, which clearly means you want young losing players.
tkf
4/21/2014  11:51 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
where does it say there that I prefer losing with cheap young players as opposed to winning with older starphuched players.

You don't support the Melo-Chandler-Bargnani-Stoudemire awesomeness, which clearly means you want young losing players.

HAHA, I guess so.... It is amazing how most will manipulate that topic. they won't go back to the most recent team. the team right before the trade was made that was 28-26.. NOOOOO, they go back 5 years, when none of the players, young or old, were on those teams.....

jrodmc
USA
4/21/2014  11:53 AM
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

To each his own.

2) You are twisting, we are losing with starphuched overpaid players.. before the trade the young players we had were 28-26, you are twisting what I said.... which is no surprise, you lack integrity when it comes to posting.... but if given the choice I rather lose with younger cheap players than older overpaid ones.. there is still upside with the younger cheap players....
3)5-6 losing seasons with young cheap players? how many with overpaid vets? care to throw that number out, including this season? and what 5-6 seasons of young players are you talking about?
4) how many years did we actually keep a roster of young player together to compare?
5)again, you are twisting because we are not winning with overpaid starphuched players.. that is the point!!!

now here is how you twisted things.. how is this close to anything you said here..

where does it say there that I prefer losing with cheap young players as opposed to winning with older starphuched players... you said the last 4 seasons.. dude we lost this year!!!! the young players we are refering to, and you damn well know we are not talking about eddy curry..... is the year during the trade, we were 28-26, that is what I prefer..

Do you ever wake up without your panties in a knot? Seriously?

1) If I have to explain to you the difference between making the playoffs and the lottery, then you are beyond hope, bro.
2) You can't even keep in line with the questions, and simple reading comprehension. NOWHERE in any of my posts did I relegate my comments to ONE SEASON. You did that, talking and flaming to yourself, as you normally do. But that's okay, it keeps the board moving and active, right?
3) You tell me I'm twisting, and then proceed to re-type exactly what I posted. Word for word. Doesn't say much for your posting integrity, does it?
4) Oh great basketball mind, I said it was the 5-6 losing seasons right before we got Melo. Is that so hard to follow, or look up for yourself? Or are you just so full of your own sheehit, that you can't see things right in front of your face? And while you're busy looking it up, remember that you already said you preferred losing with younger, cheaper players. Just like I said.

Enjoy talking to yourself and your Melohating brethren, bro...

Bonn1997
USA
4/21/2014  11:54 AM
tkf wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

HAHA, I guess so.... It is amazing how most will manipulate that topic. they won't go back to the most recent team. the team right before the trade was made that was 28-26.. NOOOOO, they go back 5 years, when none of the players, young or old, were on those teams.....

It's clear that you want Marbury and Q-Rich to be our starting backcourt!
Bonn1997
USA
4/21/2014  11:55 AM
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

To each his own.

Do you ever wake up without your panties in a knot? Seriously?

1) If I have to explain to you the difference between making the playoffs and the lottery, then you are beyond hope, bro.
2) You can't even keep in line with the questions, and simple reading comprehension. NOWHERE in any of my posts did I relegate my comments to ONE SEASON. You did that, talking and flaming to yourself, as you normally do. But that's okay, it keeps the board moving and active, right?
3) You tell me I'm twisting, and then proceed to re-type exactly what I posted. Word for word. Doesn't say much for your posting integrity, does it?
4) Oh great basketball mind, I said it was the 5-6 losing seasons right before we got Melo. Is that so hard to follow, or look up for yourself? Or are you just so full of your own sheehit, that you can't see things right in front of your face? And while you're busy looking it up, remember that you already said you preferred losing with younger, cheaper players. Just like I said.

Enjoy talking to yourself and your Melohating brethren, bro...

5 to 6 years *right before* (???) Melo. How about the using a cut-off of 12 years *right before* Melo. That includes a trip to the finals after all!
jrodmc
USA
4/21/2014  12:19 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

To each his own.

Well then only #1 relates specifically to Melo. #s 2 to 5 could be discussed regarding any or all of our high priced veterans.

And #4 doesn't relate to Melo? Again, reading carefully can be your friend.

The whole post is about Melo. With and without. It's not about preferring specific rosters, except for Mr. Integrity Basketball Super Genius who can't decide or post straight about what he prefers. Except that Melo should be gone, and all Knick records of him erased, except if they can be used against Melo in a court of law.

Bonn, let this go already. You're witty and intelligent at least when providing defensive services for your Melohate twins, but this is just stupid.

Bonn1997
USA
4/21/2014  12:21 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

To each his own.

The whole post is about Melo. With and without. It's not about preferring specific rosters, except for Mr. Integrity Basketball Super Genius who can't decide or post straight about what he prefers. Except that Melo should be gone, and all Knick records of him erased, except if they can be used against Melo in a court of law.

Bonn, let this go already. You're witty and intelligent at least when providing defensive services for your Melohate twins, but this is just stupid.

Well sure, you can insert Melo's name in #4 and elsewhere and misattribute all changes of the past 4 years to him. Even #1 is a misattribution of everything to Melo but I let that slide because he probably does bring in a huge amount of money.
jrodmc
USA
4/21/2014  12:23 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:5 to 6 years *right before* (???) Melo. How about the using a cut-off of 12 years *right before* Melo. That includes a trip to the finals after all!

Okay, I'll play along.

What about the trade for Monroe?
How about the entire 40 years since the chip?
How about before the BAA collapsed?

Bonn1997
USA
4/21/2014  12:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2014  12:25 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:5 to 6 years *right before* (???) Melo. How about the using a cut-off of 12 years *right before* Melo. That includes a trip to the finals after all!

Okay, I'll play along.

What about the trade for Monroe?
How about the entire 40 years since the chip?
How about before the BAA collapsed?

Exactly! Those would all be just as absurd. Opposing the Melo trade is not an endorsement of the previous 1, 5, 6, 12, or 40 years
jrodmc
USA
4/21/2014  12:28 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

To each his own.

Well sure, you can insert Melo's name in #4 and elsewhere and misattribute all changes of the past 4 years to him. Even #1 is a misattribution of everything to Melo but I let that slide because he probably does bring in a huge amount of money.

I didn't insert anything, Melo's name was there all along in #4. And you are seriously going to attribute all improvements in our W-L record to anyone other than Melo? I mean, I know you dislike him, but really?

And I guess you can misattribute the 23 to 33 wins we managed for 6 seasons to something other than young, cheap players, who just happened to be there through no fault of their own, right? We really should have won some chips or at least made it to the Finals with those young, cheap players, right?

C'mon, please.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/23/2014  12:49 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
tkf wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

It's clear that you want Marbury and Q-Rich to be our starting backcourt!

No. He wants Iverson and Spreewell

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Was Carmelo trade awash?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy