[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Was Carmelo trade awash?
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/15/2014  9:47 AM
As a wise man once said recently, Melo gets you a billion dollar renovation. Pretty relevant.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/15/2014  10:07 AM
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I agree. No one should ever try to compare KG(all time NBA great) to Melo.

Melo needs help but he's not on Jordan, Kobe, KG lebron's level. Get those guys help and they win rings. Melo is not good enough to win it all with unless we get really lucky ith a great GM great coach and a total team effort. If the goal is just making the playoffs then Melo is definitely your guy. I would jump to give a 25-26yr old close to max money. Not 30+year old Melo. Unless he was one those guys level I mentioned

No way I give him a max and he is certainly not on the caliber of those players. So what! What does that have to do with first round exits?

See how this jumps like a ADHD?

you would give him the max rather than losing him for nothing. Thats the really the question. Not some perceived worth.

I let him walk. No way I give him the max.

but I am not the GM, what the hell do I know?

Trading him for assets makes all the sense in the world. Phil would be the ultimate gangsta if he pulls that off. I trust Phil

you MUST MUST MUST come away with at least one guy who on paper is worth building around.

Chandler Parsons comes to mind (but he's due to get PAID). Who else?

Don't watch a lot of rockets ball. Is parsons really a guy you build around?
No.. he's everything we hoped Gallo would be. Guards multiple positions, does everything right, can score in lots of ways, very athletic. Some Lamar Odon on O and Shane Battier on D. Just a really really good player. But young and with a couple others guys would jump start a rebuild
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2014  10:12 AM
fishmike wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I agree. No one should ever try to compare KG(all time NBA great) to Melo.

Melo needs help but he's not on Jordan, Kobe, KG lebron's level. Get those guys help and they win rings. Melo is not good enough to win it all with unless we get really lucky ith a great GM great coach and a total team effort. If the goal is just making the playoffs then Melo is definitely your guy. I would jump to give a 25-26yr old close to max money. Not 30+year old Melo. Unless he was one those guys level I mentioned

No way I give him a max and he is certainly not on the caliber of those players. So what! What does that have to do with first round exits?

you would give him the max rather than losing him for nothing. Thats the really the question. Not some perceived worth.

Trading him for assets makes all the sense in the world. Phil would be the ultimate gangsta if he pulls that off. I trust Phil

you MUST MUST MUST come away with at least one guy who on paper is worth building around.

No.. he's everything we hoped Gallo would be. Guards multiple positions, does everything right, can score in lots of ways, very athletic. Some Lamar Odon on O and Shane Battier on D. Just a really really good player. But young and with a couple others guys would jump start a rebuild

That is the kind of guy I want and would trade Melo for. 25-28yr old in or about to enter his prime. But you have to trade Melo to get a guy like that since we don't have any other assets

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/15/2014  1:51 PM
fishmike wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:

can't ever become that player when you trade them early... gallo is pretty much for denver what parsons is for the rockets.. proof is in the pudding.... but if parsons was here, you would have traded him for carmelo as well and would have justified it with your many " he is the kind of guy that teams can't deal with" comments... He would have been a throw in and you would have justified it..

the truth is, it would be easier to build around a guy like parsons than carmelo.. thats for damn sure..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

4/15/2014  3:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Honestly always thought Gallinari was hyped up to be a lot more than he was here (he said as much himself) so I won't hold that against him. I have to watch some Rockets in the playoffs but it seems like Parsons would help to form a really good core.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
jrodmc
USA
4/16/2014  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  9:02 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That is the kind of guy I want and would trade Melo for. 25-28yr old in or about to enter his prime. But you have to trade Melo to get a guy like that since we don't have any other assets

Did you actually just say Melo was an asset? I am shocked. Just for that, here:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kqwru5o

ESPN Trade Machine:

Team 1: New York Knicks
Team 2: Houston Rockets
This Trade is Successful!
Being Traded To New York Knicks:

Jeremy Lin $8,374,646 $8.4M 14.3
PG 1 0 2 Years
Omer Asik $8,374,646 $8.4M 14.0
C 9 0 2 Years
C. Parsons $926,500 $926.5K 15.9
SF 5 0 2 Years

Hollinger's Analysis: -7 Wins
With this trade you have decreased this team's projected wins by 7.

Being Traded To Houston Rockets:

C. Anthony $21,388,953 $21.4M 24.5
SF 5 0 2 Years

Hollinger's Analysis: +2 Wins
With this trade you have increased this team's projected wins by 2.

Harden, DHow and Melo. Throw in a healthy Patrick Beverly.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/16/2014  9:12 AM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:

ESPN Trade Machine:

PG 1 0 2 Years
C 9 0 2 Years
SF 5 0 2 Years

SF 5 0 2 Years

Hollinger's system gives way too much weight to PPG.
It was hilarious when he said the Nuggets would win the championship the day they paired Iverson with Melo.

jrodmc
USA
4/16/2014  9:25 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:

ESPN Trade Machine:

PG 1 0 2 Years
C 9 0 2 Years
SF 5 0 2 Years

SF 5 0 2 Years

It was hilarious when he said the Nuggets would win the championship the day they paired Iverson with Melo.

PER, PPG aside, you have to admit, that's a pretty strong Big Three. And Hollinger's only saying they gain 2 whole games.

I was really just impressed that the salary numbers work for both teams.

Bonn1997
USA
4/16/2014  9:40 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
mreinman wrote:
fishmike wrote:
mreinman wrote:

ESPN Trade Machine:

PG 1 0 2 Years
C 9 0 2 Years
SF 5 0 2 Years

SF 5 0 2 Years

PER, PPG aside, you have to admit, that's a pretty strong Big Three. And Hollinger's only saying they gain 2 whole games.

I was really just impressed that the salary numbers work for both teams.

Oh it definitely is. If I already had Harden and Howard and was going to be over the cap anyway, I'd gladly overpay for Melo.
I'm not sure how Hollinger's system calculates the change in projected wins but it doesn't seem to be reasonable to compare how much 3 people produce to 1 person unless there's some sort of adjustment.

toad
Member: #4338

4/16/2014  11:17 AM
jrodmc wrote:As a wise man once said recently, Melo gets you a billion dollar renovation. Pretty relevant.

Pretty much all he's been good for--a quick revenue boost for Dolan.

jrodmc
USA
4/16/2014  12:19 PM
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:As a wise man once said recently, Melo gets you a billion dollar renovation. Pretty relevant.

Yeah, I much preferred missing the playoffs and drafting the Fred Wiess's, Michael Beasley's and IR Gallo's of the world. And counting Cap space that Lebron and KD were never going to be interested in. I hated winning a division and getting to the second round for the first time in over a decade. Who needed a HOF level talent on the team when you could've spent your time watching Nate the Great shoot at the wrong basket. How I miss those 20-win seasons!

Tell me all about your wet dream about how a CP3-level talent was just dying to play with IR Stat, Gallo, Moz and Wilson. Or how we could've built patiently like other franchises like Toronto and Philly and Charlotte.

Bonn1997
USA
4/16/2014  1:30 PM
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Yeah, I much preferred missing the playoffs and drafting the Fred Wiess's, Michael Beasley's and IR Gallo's of the world...

So, in short, whether we keep Melo or not, a team run by Dolan is destined to fail

toad
Member: #4338

4/16/2014  4:39 PM
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Yeah, I much preferred missing the playoffs and drafting the Fred Wiess's, Michael Beasley's and IR Gallo's of the world. And counting Cap space that Lebron and KD were never going to be interested in. I hated winning a division and getting to the second round for the first time in over a decade. Who needed a HOF level talent on the team when you could've spent your time watching Nate the Great shoot at the wrong basket. How I miss those 20-win seasons!

Tell me all about your wet dream about how a CP3-level talent was just dying to play with IR Stat, Gallo, Moz and Wilson. Or how we could've built patiently like other franchises like Toronto and Philly and Charlotte.

Apparently, in your wet dreams we win 36 games in a season. Superstar!

jrodmc
USA
4/17/2014  10:52 AM
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

And apparently, you get woodys thinking that 29-win seasons and being out of the playoffs by February are better than this season? Yoots!

tkf
4/17/2014  12:25 PM
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

And apparently, you get woodys thinking that 29-win seasons and being out of the playoffs by February are better than this season? Yoots!

the key is, there is upside with young players you can build on.... right now what upside is there with these wannabe supastahs?????

in the end, if you lose, do it with a young roster full of cheap players.. not a bloated roster full of malcontent max cat losers..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
jrodmc
USA
4/17/2014  12:42 PM
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

the key is, there is upside with young players you can build on.... right now what upside is there with these wannabe supastahs?????

in the end, if you lose, do it with a young roster full of cheap players.. not a bloated roster full of malcontent max cat losers..

So you prefer spending 5 or 6 seasons losing 50 or 59 games watching the "building" going on with the likes of:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

As opposed to the last 4 seasons; am I capturing your key correctly?

Losing more games while young and cheap somehow makes you feel better?

Bonn1997
USA
4/17/2014  12:52 PM
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

So you prefer spending 5 or 6 seasons losing 50 or 59 games watching the "building" going on with the likes of:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

I noticed that every time someone makes a critical comment about the current roster, you assume it means they liked Isiah's rosters. That's really twisted.
tkf
4/17/2014  2:11 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

I noticed that every time someone makes a critical comment about the current roster, you assume it means they liked Isiah's rosters. That's really twisted.

it sure is... I mean for christ sakes, either we made the carmelo trade or we make no moves at all... ever... I mean we would have kept every single one of those players...regardless.. LOL

TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/17/2014  2:18 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

Seeing as how so many people oddly hate Melo because we traded some of the guys on that list for him, I'd say he's not exactly on the wrong track. He's just picking the wrong roster.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
4/17/2014  2:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  2:29 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

Seeing as how so many people oddly hate Melo because we traded some of the guys on that list for him, I'd say he's not exactly on the wrong track. He's just picking the wrong roster.

if he is picking the wrong roster then he is exactly on the wrong track... to say we don't like carmelo for the reason you stated shows you haven't been reading the threads enough to speak on it in such a way.... I can name a lot of other reasons why I don't like him, and it has nothing to do with a trade..

Was Carmelo trade awash?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy