[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GM Thread : I play Jazz and the Knicks always lose, maybe tonight they'll win while I snooze
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/1/2014  8:53 AM
Another gut check win. This could have been the let-down after beating Curry and Friends.

I hope to see yet another "Carmelo Anthony's stat line" thread. I can hope, but I have little confidence.

The Hawks are not going to just blink, they're going to go comatose.
I've never seen a city of fans who have embraced tanking the way Philly has.

Let the difficult trail to the playoffs begin.

93BUICK, starting the "Sleeping though the game" game dread! 1-0!

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/1/2014  9:11 AM
jrodmc wrote:Another gut check win. This could have been the let-down after beating Curry and Friends.

I hope to see yet another "Carmelo Anthony's stat line" thread. I can hope, but I have little confidence.

i'm not going to do that for a victory over a d-league/lottery team led by hayward and favors.
felton had a good game against scrubby opposition, further cementing how bad it is that we have him as a starter.
melo was being guarded by a terrible nba bust in marvin williams.
i tried to watch more intently but i have been out of it with the flu but 4 of 5 starters had solid scoring games.

knicks have a much tougher schedule going forward than atlanta. all playoff-caliber teams except maybe washington.

the knicks have to have a better record than the hawks to make the playoffs because of a tiebreaker.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2014  9:39 AM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Another gut check win. This could have been the let-down after beating Curry and Friends.

i'm not going to do that for a victory over a d-league/lottery team led by hayward and favors.
felton had a good game against scrubby opposition, further cementing how bad it is that we have him as a starter.
i tried to watch more intently but i have been out of it with the flu but 4 of 5 starters had solid scoring games.

knicks have a much tougher schedule going forward than atlanta. all playoff-caliber teams except maybe washington.

the knicks have to have a better record than the hawks to make the playoffs because of a tiebreaker.

you should have watched and taken a good long look at the Jazz roster, because when you let Melo walk thats the kind of talent your going to be picking through.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
USA
4/1/2014  9:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2014  11:44 AM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:

you should have watched and taken a good long look at the Jazz roster, because when you let Melo walk thats the kind of talent your going to be picking through.

Yeah, well I'd rather lose and have 4 guys in efficient double figures than win with a unidimensional greedy blackhole who makes everything around him worse!

Basketball the way it was meant to be played! Who needs more points than the other team???!??

fishmike
USA
4/1/2014  10:59 AM
I dont care if folks dont like MElo. He's matured since being here. He's gotten better also.. too late to build around? Thats entirely possible. Im fine with that. But the constant "he stinks" has got to go. Its been a bad year, and Im fine with holding the players accountable. ALL the players. Its a team game, and when more than half the team underperforms it changes the whole dynamic. Im not sure if advanced stats can prove that, or if folks might have to watch.
fishmike
USA
4/1/2014  11:19 AM
dk7th wrote:

DK.. also, Im not sure you noticed this while you were reading the box score and determining how the Knicks played, but Amare sat. He's the biggest reason for the March turn around so the Knicks were without their 2nd best player instead they have to run out their own NBDL players.
dk7th
USA
4/1/2014  11:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2014  11:45 AM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:

DK.. also, Im not sure you noticed this while you were reading the box score and determining how the Knicks played, but Amare sat. He's the biggest reason for the March turn around so the Knicks were without their 2nd best player instead they have to run out their own NBDL players.

as i said i watched while ill, with one eye as it were. i didn't have the energy to pay attention as i usually do. reading the box score is what i do to illuminate a bit more of how they actually played.

one thing i definitely noticed about utah is that they are a horrible defensive team.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/1/2014  12:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:

LMAO ....

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/1/2014  12:47 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Yeah, well I'd rather lose and have 4 guys in efficient double figures than win with a unidimensional greedy blackhole who makes everything around him worse!

Basketball the way it was meant to be played! Who needs more points than the other team???!??

Translation...i only want the Knicks to win with players I like and playing a style that I see as acceptable...

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/1/2014  1:49 PM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:

That same Utah team lost a last second nail biter to Atlanta while Marvin Williams and the white kid had stellar games.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

4/1/2014  2:02 PM
dk7th wrote:just terrible defense by melo

you were pretty quiet and reaching in this game thread. Guess Melo had a a damn good game. Maybe you'll get him next time

A TS of 75.4 is so easy to bash.

How was his headband? Did it smell? Waistband? was it loose or stretched? How about his teeth? How many teeth can an incorrigible hoodlum flash in one smile? I think the record is in the 50's.

dk7th
USA
4/1/2014  2:10 PM
mreinman wrote:

you were pretty quiet and reaching in this game thread. Guess Melo had a a damn good game. Maybe you'll get him next time

How was his headband? Did it smell? Waistband? was it loose or stretched? How about his teeth? How many teeth can an incorrigible hoodlum flash in one smile? I think the record is in the 50's.

as i said i faded after the first part of the game. the poor defense from melo was i believe on one of two fast breaks that were initiated by aldrich throwing up a couple of bricks. you can't keep backpedaling.

he may be able to shoot that way against the marvin williamses of the world. i am sure this night will add to his legend and legacy.

mreinman

4/1/2014  2:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2014  2:24 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

as i said i faded after the first part of the game. the poor defense from melo was i believe on one of two fast breaks that were initiated by aldrich throwing up a couple of bricks. you can't keep backpedaling.

he may be able to shoot that way against the marvin williamses of the world. i am sure this night will add to his legend and legacy.

He has many good shooting nights against far better defenders. His efficiency numbers are solid this year though I am sure that we both want and know that there is better. Turn the 3 assists into 5 and voila! He is a Maxi.

jrodmc
USA
4/1/2014  3:12 PM
mreinman wrote:

Grill jokes. Unfreaking real.

Don't mess with the reinman. LMAO.

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/1/2014  5:09 PM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:

as i said i watched while ill, with one eye as it were. i didn't have the energy to pay attention as i usually do. reading the box score is what i do to illuminate a bit more of how they actually played.

one thing i definitely noticed about utah is that they are a horrible defensive team.

energy enough to respond to posts today? have you made a miraculous recovery? i dont buy this "watched while ill" BS. you never have the energy to pay attention during a win, but you have enough energy to keep typing on this forum. so dont give the energy execuse. and if you read the box score to illuminate how they played... like i asked earlier... i didn't see you comment on carmelo's steals. or is it only the negative things that you highlight when it comes to carmelo? oh wait dont answer that... that's a foregone conclusion.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/1/2014  6:32 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Papabear Says

You mean like the Pacers? LOL You are dreaming man. Lebron Gets his points. Let's see at the end of the season how Phil Jackson go out of his was to keep Melo.

Papabear
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/1/2014  6:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2014  6:40 PM
fishmike wrote:I dont care if folks dont like MElo. He's matured since being here. He's gotten better also.. too late to build around? Thats entirely possible. Im fine with that. But the constant "he stinks" has got to go. Its been a bad year, and Im fine with holding the players accountable. ALL the players. Its a team game, and when more than half the team underperforms it changes the whole dynamic. Im not sure if advanced stats can prove that, or if folks might have to watch.

Papabear Says

This is why the Knicks is in a drought now and not because of Melo but the constant changing of players and coaches. Melo is playing great.

Papabear
GM Thread : I play Jazz and the Knicks always lose, maybe tonight they'll win while I snooze

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy