[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So everyone stops talking about Mark Blount...
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/13/2004  6:44 PM
Somehow, Blount reupped with the Celts already

do a search on ESPN and whatever. He was extended or whatever can be done. i dont know how, but it was reported that this happenned, right after the 1st round ended.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/13/2004  10:28 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Somehow, Blount reupped with the Celts already

do a search on ESPN and whatever. He was extended or whatever can be done. i dont know how, but it was reported that this happenned, right after the 1st round ended.
agent by the L.A. Clippers on 1/22/99. ... Waived by the Clippers on 1/31/99. ... Signed as a free agent by the Boston Celtics on 8/1/00. ... Signed as a free agent by the Denver Nuggets on 8/8/02. ... Traded by the Nuggets with Mark Bryant to the Boston Celtics for Shammond Williams, a second-round draft pick in 2003 and cash on 2/20/03.
Thats from NBA.com

Boston Celtics Date # of total
Player signed years salary misc FA
Dana Barros ........... 4/14/04 1 minimum '04
Mark Blount ........... 7/16/03 2 $2 million p-opt '04

http://www.dfw.net/~patricia/contracts

Blount did not sign and extension, and he cant opt out until the FA period starts in June/July (whenever)

Thats it... dude he's got a $1 mill PO which he will surely opt out of. You cant sign FAs (even your own) after a certain time late in the season.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Member: #41
5/13/2004  11:28 PM
you are correct. i read that old post on here about Blount getting resigned, but it was 2003, which i didnt see. my mistake!

Resume Blount discussion
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/13/2004  11:39 PM
Unless they trade KT I would stay away from this guy.
#Knickstaps
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/14/2004  8:40 AM
i say sign him if you can't swing a deal to get Dampier...this team needs a physical presence down low on defense who can rebound & block shots, & Blount is the type of lunchpale, hustle player who Knicks fans always appreciate...just look at Sweetney...put Blount & Sweetney in the same frontcourt & you can afford to have the 1, 2 & 3 position players floating on the perimeter.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/14/2004  9:01 AM
He grew on me... I wasnt that high on him but after watching him a bunch of times late in the season I changed my tune. To me he's exactly like Kurt Thomas, only 7 feet tall, stronger and not stupid. I cant think of a better way to describe his game.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/14/2004  5:54 PM
I like Blount.....Geez I can't stand KT. He could play if he was a back-up. He is definately not a starter in this league. His game is similiar to Ward because he did so much with his hustle and heart and jumpshot that you could get by with him as the starter.

KT is that same way cuz he produces enough to make you think he is good enough to get you by. Fact is the Knicks already have plenty of KT's on the bench. Sweetney is a KT with more upside. Baker is a KT. Nazr is a KT until proven otherwise. When I say they are a KT I mean they could easily start for the Knicks a produce what KT does which is about 12 and 8.

Knicks need that guy that stands out over guys like KT, Sweets and the rest.

Blount would solidify the center spot because he runs the floor and finishes well. He's a legit 7'er. He can hit the long jumper he rebounds well. He displays toughness and energy. The kicker with him is he is a good shot blocker.

Knicks still need a guy that can score in the post. A guy that can flat out get buckets from the 4 spot.
Brand, Jaimison, Rahim......these guys flat out score. I'd take anyone. Knicks gotta get one of them before Blount.

Cuz if anything Blount is Nazr Mohammed with about 2 inches and shotblocking ability. That's it. Nazr may have a more effective post game. So they both are a wash really.

We gotta get a 4, period.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/17/2004  7:55 PM
Blount's my first choice after Dampier. After Blount, I'd go for Rasheed.
So everyone stops talking about Mark Blount...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy