"Giving up is hard to do" Game Thread: Knicks @ Suns 10:00 p.m. EST
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
3/29/2014  8:28 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:“They went under the screen every time,’’ Dragic said. “It’s not an easy shot, but it’s not contested. Every time they do that, I’m going to have a good game. They didn’t play good defense and we could get everything we want. You just swing the ball two, three times and find an open guy.”
Carmelo Anthony said the team was outhustled and unprepared — a damning assessment considering the high stakes.
“We let them get off to a great start, transition points, they beat us in all aspects tonight,’’ Anthony said. “We weren’t ready for them, weren’t prepared for them. They ran us out of the gym. We didn’t have it and they had it in all aspects of the game, winning the hustle game.’’

Sad performance. Suns energy impressive. Amazed how openly opponents criticize NYK defensive system, and how often NYK players mention 'preparation' in their post game comments.

It's like Woody takes pride in not changing anything- in his mind this has worked before so it should work again. Doesn't seem to grasp that teams scout, adapt and adjust- they figure out your system and it's weak points and play to exploit them. Not adjusting is just madness.

We have watched exactly, EXACTLY, E X A C T L Y the same crap all F***ING year and NOTHING has changed! It's maddening! Players have spoken out, opposing players have ridiculed it, opposing coaches have ridiculed it and yet he makes no changes what so ever because it work some games last year.

do you think the knicks are coached to go under the screens?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/29/2014  8:37 AM
I turned it off as soon as JR started looking off wide open teammates and jacking up shots with someone in his face. They play like they can't stand being on the floor together, as opposed to the Suns who were laughing in the huddle with Hornacek. Tyson is a disgrace. Gives matador D a bad name.
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

3/29/2014  8:51 AM
dk7th wrote:this team needs young, coachable, two-way players.

Needs a new coach too
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/29/2014  9:48 AM
Tyson close to home has to have personal matters that minimally cause him to miss shoot around for the warriors game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
toad
Member: #4338

3/29/2014  10:56 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I want one of the suns back court guys in the off season!!!!

What would be the point? As long as Melo is here, they'd just waste their time force feeding the guy as he breaks off plays and demands the ball.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/29/2014  11:00 AM
toad wrote:

What would be the point? As long as Melo is here, they'd just waste their time force feeding the guy as he breaks off plays and demands the ball.

Valid question and often overlooked by people who want to continue to build around Melo

Even with Phil and the triangle you need team ball and roles

It can't be ISO all day and night

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

3/29/2014  11:39 AM
what a pitiful display
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/29/2014  12:02 PM
toad wrote:

exactly...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/29/2014  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2014  12:05 PM
holfresh wrote:So Morey thought it was better to pay Lin than Dragic or Lowry...

you act as if it hurt the rockets...the rockets are securely in the playoffs, so are the raptors and the suns are fighting for a spot...

so far, so good for everyone..

goran is the focus of the suns offense, in Houston he wouldn't be and his numbers would not be as big... remember when Lin was the focal point of the offense he had incredible numbers...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/29/2014  12:07 PM
dk7th wrote:i hear the death knell on the melo era. BONNNNGGG

rofl...

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/29/2014  12:53 PM
toad wrote:

Who is he going to pass the ball to? Fat Raymond Felton? Brickfest JR Smith? His supporting cast is garbage, so I don't know why you think that he is the problem. People use to think the same dumb **** when Kobe had Smush "I can't make a CBA team" Parker and Chris Mihm as starters.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/29/2014  12:54 PM
dwiley20 wrote:if you place lebron, durant, nowitki, in melo spot on the knicks right now we would be 4 or 5 seed right now

And this is based on....

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/29/2014  1:40 PM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Knicks22 wrote:“They went under the screen every time,’’ Dragic said. “It’s not an easy shot, but it’s not contested. Every time they do that, I’m going to have a good game. They didn’t play good defense and we could get everything we want. You just swing the ball two, three times and find an open guy.”
Carmelo Anthony said the team was outhustled and unprepared — a damning assessment considering the high stakes.
“We let them get off to a great start, transition points, they beat us in all aspects tonight,’’ Anthony said. “We weren’t ready for them, weren’t prepared for them. They ran us out of the gym. We didn’t have it and they had it in all aspects of the game, winning the hustle game.’’

Sad performance. Suns energy impressive. Amazed how openly opponents criticize NYK defensive system, and how often NYK players mention 'preparation' in their post game comments.

It's like Woody takes pride in not changing anything- in his mind this has worked before so it should work again. Doesn't seem to grasp that teams scout, adapt and adjust- they figure out your system and it's weak points and play to exploit them. Not adjusting is just madness.

We have watched exactly, EXACTLY, E X A C T L Y the same crap all F***ING year and NOTHING has changed! It's maddening! Players have spoken out, opposing players have ridiculed it, opposing coaches have ridiculed it and yet he makes no changes what so ever because it work some games last year.

Its a terrible defensive scheme badly executed with zero effort by a bunch of losers who hate each other.

TeamBall

3/29/2014  5:22 PM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Even if he didn't, he had plenty of opportunities to tell him to stop.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
dk7th
USA
3/29/2014  5:47 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

what i mean is that it's one thing to coach switching and another to go under screens. the former is a strategy and the latter means there is no communication and no sincere effort to step over the pick and fight. i mean does every knick lack ears to hear a pick called and peripheral vision to see a different color uniform out of the corer of their eyes, moving screens notwithstanding?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
TeamBall

3/29/2014  9:03 PM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

what i mean is that it's one thing to coach switching and another to go under screens. the former is a strategy and the latter means there is no communication and no sincere effort to step over the pick and fight. i mean does every knick lack ears to hear a pick called and peripheral vision to see a different color uniform out of the corer of their eyes, moving screens notwithstanding?

From the reactions some of these players have to screens, I'd have to guess that they rarely call them out to begin with. To be honest, I don't think Woodson told him to go under the screens. For whatever reason, I believe Felton decided to do that himself. However, why would the coach continue to let it happen? It's frustrating on all accounts.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

3/29/2014  10:40 PM
its not Woody...Its the ragedy players with no heart and no accountability...Nothings changed in woodys offense or defense of approach since he's been coach its just awful play...Chandler plays like a rookie who never played man...Felton just sucks now and melo isnt a leader that can carry a teAM TO WINS OVER UNDER 500 TEAMS..Stop with excuses thats reality!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/30/2014  12:06 AM
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:So Morey thought it was better to pay Lin than Dragic or Lowry...

you act as if it hurt the rockets...the rockets are securely in the playoffs, so are the raptors and the suns are fighting for a spot...

so far, so good for everyone..

goran is the focus of the suns offense, in Houston he wouldn't be and his numbers would not be as big... remember when Lin was the focal point of the offense he had incredible numbers...

Rockets really need Beverly because lin can't defend the points in the west. Horrible game tonight by him and Paul went off. Beverly/Lin works but I don't think its enough to come out of the west. Tonight Canaan was the best point on the Rockets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
3/30/2014  12:20 AM
i wonder if i saw that game if i would agree with your assessment. your analysis and track record are very suspect.

did you happen to catch the knick game last night? i watched wire to wire. don't recall you participating much at all. what did you think of the esprit de corps? my first thought was melo saying "i want to test free agency" about 10 days before the season started.

"I want to be a free agent. I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It's like you have an evaluation period, you know. It's like if I'm in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9834846/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-says-wants-free-agent

this is a learning moment please don't squander it!

mreinman
Member: #3189

3/30/2014  12:48 AM
dk7th wrote:"i want to test free agency" about 10 days before the season started.

Give it a rest. Only a loser would care what he says.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
"Giving up is hard to do" Game Thread: Knicks @ Suns 10:00 p.m. EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy