Miami is scary
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/13/2004  4:20 PM
their last 19 at home

19-0

they have a nice core group of young athletic studs who are multi dimensional and tough

if they can ever get their hands on an athletic low post guy watch out in the east for years.

good coaching tough young skill players with good chemistry who play 48 minutes=winner

their owner is the 2nd richest guy in the nBA and they have spent the cash before and they have executed perfectly in the draft
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/13/2004  4:32 PM
I totally agree there. They drafted best player available regardless of position and quickly turned that team around. They did get lucky because if Anthony Carter's agent does his job then their best player Lamar Odom isnt player there. Not to mention the fact that this is the first year he has played injury and suspension free ball.

Odom is awesome... people made fun of me when I said he had top 5 talent in the NBA, and just needed to keep his head straight.

THATS a highly desirable FA destination. I know they only have the MLE but I could see them get a guy like Dampier or Sheed to play there.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/13/2004  4:45 PM
they are targeting Mark Blount w/the MLE...add his interior defensive presence to pair up w/Brian Grant & augment the youthful athleticism on that team, & they will have the makings to challenge for the Eastern Conference title for years...they still won't be a challenge for the top Western Conference teams though, unless they get a legitimate low post scoring presence.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/13/2004  5:00 PM
fish I have always been a big fan of odom, I wanted the knicks to get him a year ago, but this is the type of player that layden was not even looking at, if the knicks were going to trade their lottery pick and camby then odom would have been a perfect player but again, layden didn't have a clue. as much as the clippers love draft picks... this could have been a done deal...

BTW Briggs: lets not get carried away with the stud crap. Odom is a stud, Wade will be a stud, the rest of the guys are good players... Man you go over the top all the time...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
5/13/2004  5:38 PM
i said before the playoffs that I thought that miami could win the east.

They can beat indy

and i think that they can beat detroit or nj in the east finals too.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
5/13/2004  5:43 PM
Miami still has two big problems, one named Eddie, the other named Brian.

As long as those two guys are going to be there, they're going to be stuck in that pretty good team stage and won't be able to make a jump to a championship contender with an aging 2 and 4 with ENORMOUS contracts.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
5/13/2004  5:52 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Miami still has two big problems, one named Eddie, the other named Brian.

As long as those two guys are going to be there, they're going to be stuck in that pretty good team stage and won't be able to make a jump to a championship contender with an aging 2 and 4 with ENORMOUS contracts.
There's the MLE, which would be huge for them if they could get a center like dampier. and jones and grant are good vets that stabilize the team and know their roles. sure they over paid, but who else would mesh as well in miami? grant at the very least is a warrior down low, playing center pretty much every night at 6-8/ 6-9, which is solid. i mean, their lineup is great

pg: wade (needs to take care of the ball more and develop an outide j, but amazing baller), backup: rafer

sg: jones (solid vet, can be clutch), backup: rasual butler - good sg

sf: caron butler (regressed a bit this year - i think/thought he could be an artest clone, but he looks tiny next to artest - his defense, offense, and competitive fire seem dimmed this year, but he's pretty much the 4th option on offense: odom/wade 1a/1b, jones 3, butler 4) - butler would probably be better coming off the bench as a super sixth man

pf: odom - would be better as a SF, but great as a versatile PF still.

c: grant - should play at PF, and may return to natural position if someone like dampier can be brought to town

miami's bench is a little thin, but they dont mind

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
5/13/2004  5:57 PM
miami is solid. nice young players that win at home. it's all about jelling at the right time and i think that's what happened with miami (i.e. the knicks of 99). the difference is that the knicks had enough talent to go to the finals where i think miami is done with indiana.

but i also think this is a little indicative with the roster in indiana and how so far, they just don't know how to win the big one. reggie miller is now becoming an albatross to that team. if he doesn't shoot, why is he on the floor. tinsley isn't ready to lead them to serious championship type basketball either. if artest isn't artest, then this is a 3 seed at best.

i think blount or dampier will end up in miami. sheed, if he signs for the MLE, will be with ny.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 05/13/2004 17:59:53]
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
5/13/2004  8:17 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

miami is solid. nice young players that win at home. it's all about jelling at the right time and i think that's what happened with miami (i.e. the knicks of 99). the difference is that the knicks had enough talent to go to the finals where i think miami is done with indiana.

but i also think this is a little indicative with the roster in indiana and how so far, they just don't know how to win the big one. reggie miller is now becoming an albatross to that team. if he doesn't shoot, why is he on the floor. tinsley isn't ready to lead them to serious championship type basketball either. if artest isn't artest, then this is a 3 seed at best.

i think blount or dampier will end up in miami. sheed, if he signs for the MLE, will be with ny.

very good analysis, I created a thread addressing this, the pacers have good players but they still don't know how to win yet and that is why I think the knicks are not that far off from these teams.... As far as people thinking Jones and grant are holding the team down, that is crap, those two are the heats best defensive players..Listen fellas, there is nothing wrong with having 30+ year old players on your team, the key is you win with talent, regardless of the age...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Caseloads
5/13/2004  11:19 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by djsunyc:

very good analysis, I created a thread addressing this, the pacers have good players but they still don't know how to win yet and that is why I think the knicks are not that far off from these teams.... As far as people thinking Jones and grant are holding the team down, that is crap, those two are the heats best defensive players..Listen fellas, there is nothing wrong with having 30+ year old players on your team, the key is you win with talent, regardless of the age...
concur
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/13/2004  11:40 PM
I know what you mean. 10 games into the season I thought for sure that the Knicks were better than the Heat. I was dead wrong. The Heat are one of the top 4 teams in the East
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
5/14/2004  1:51 AM
i was saying this a long time ago. the heat are stacked with talent, just missing some rebounding and caron needs to learn how to play. other than that, they put the knicks to shame, not even close.
Yes! - Marv Albert
Caseloads
5/14/2004  1:58 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I know what you mean. 10 games into the season I thought for sure that the Knicks were better than the Heat. I was dead wrong. The Heat are one of the top 4 teams in the East
the heat had more gelling time though, with no major injuries during their final season run and into the playoffs. imagine jones and caron butler out (similar to our houston and tim thomas out). where would they be? a lot of the playoffs is a game of "who do you have healthy"

if Houston and Tim Thomas were healthy, the first round against the Nets might have been different. Shandon wouldnt have started. Shandon wouldnt have chucked up airballs. Penny could have been a 6th man. etc, etc
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/14/2004  7:42 AM
They are a team that just needs some inside help.

Etan Thomas would be awesome on this team. They gotta give Brian Grant a break. This team truly is scary. Etan Thomas and or Mark Blount would be awesome for next year.

They even have Eddie Jones to possibly trade. Ooooooh. Man....they could send off Eddie Jones for Elton brand. Or they could try and get Rahim. What?

Talk about Knicks options? We are banking on teams taking on KT, Mutombo, Othella, Shandon and Frank.....Miami has a healthy Eddie Jones! I could see Rahim going out there.

Rahim
Odom
Etan Thomas
Skip
Wade

With Grant, Haslem, Butler, etc?

Good times in Miami. They could even just stay put and bank on signing Mark Blount.

Grant
Odom
Blount
Wade
Eddie

Skip, Butler, Haslem, etc....

Good times man good times.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
5/14/2004  8:23 AM
we know the heat will be better next year. wade is a big reason since he was always a big time player in college ( i am a kentucky fan so i know how it fells being a victim of his shooting barrage). but i agree that without odom, we probably wouldn't be talking about miami right now. odom is starting ( and i am emphasizing starting) to become the player he was destined to be three years ago. a clutch performer who is amazingly versatile enough to play every position on the floor. someone said that he is best suited as small forward but the key here is that he is a power forward in which other pf have a hard time containing him. jermaine o'neal is a very good defender but odom just beats him off the dribble to pretty much get any shot he wants. i hope this season is a springboard of better things for odom. i really liked him when he came into the league and was rooting for him but injury, egos, and bad management pushed his greatness back a few years when he was pretty much wasted in la. it is amazing what happiness can do for a player. now he is a power forward in the size deprived east and living in miami playing for a team with a very bright future. what more can you ask for?
Miami is scary

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy